Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about, MCSM edition

1333435363739»

Comments

• Telltale remembered to have the Order's amulet glow appropriately when Ivor holds it.
    It looks a little faded, though.

• Apparently, if we fed Radar and kept the zombie flesh in S2E3, we can use said flesh to get Wink to be quite.

There are some examples of the Book Ends trope. 1) The opening sequence is a dark reprise of the music played during S2E1's opening sequence. And that bat flies around like the parrot. 2) If you hit the road, The last piece of music we hear before the credits is the same exact music played in S2E1's opening sequence. 3) There's a choice to tell Jack to either play it cool, or himself. Hard to believe that Petra didn't get a deja vu feeling from Jack's reaction to seeing Ivor. 4) There's optionally an option to either promote Radar to Hero in Residence, or let the people take care of themselves without a leader. 5) If we hit the road, Jesse and Petra race each other.

The last conversation we have with Ivor. One of his sentences will depend on who died in S1E3.

• I thought that I should stay undercover and be mean to Wink so the golem guard wouldn't catch me. Sadly, that makes the golem guard kill Wink. Had to go back and change that asap!

I love that Ivor called Ellegaard Ellie.

matteso586 posted: »

Apparently, if we fed Radar and kept the zombie flesh in S2E3, we can use said flesh to get Wink to be quite. There are some examples of

• edited December 2017

Sadly, that makes the golem guard kill Wink.

Nope. There are a number of people who you can make disappear, but they don't die, they just get transported to the Tower's prison room (I think that's what it is. That's how it looked to me.) and they join the Ocelots with Lukas.
    I know of 3 you can "mess up" with.

• Wink if you don't quiet her down
    • The Porkchop Guy [formerly Pig Caretaker] if you aren't pleased by what he has done.
    • Nell if you rebuild the statue to what you created in Episode 1

...I think. There seems to be a lot of choice-dependent things in this episode, and I've only played it once so I'm not so sure what's affected by what yet. Feels like there's a lot to get into though.

• There's a copy of Lukas' book in the lower-most center chest when looking for Fireworks. Jesse mentions "they must be a fan" (Isn't this an inconsistency though? I thought he was still writing it. Petra even mentions that he should finish it at the end of EP5.)
    • If you use all your sugar canes to make sugar, Petra will interrupt and give you the paper you were supposed to make. "No, we need Paper Jesse, not Sugar."
  • edited December 2017

If you didn’t give xara the bed, she actually dies. The time where Romeo was about to destroy champion city, xara interferes and Romeo kills her however champion city doesn’t get destroyed. And if you choose to return with radar Romeo can’t be saved since if you brought him, he actually sacrifices himself to save you from the colossus.

• I wouldn't know anything about people joining the Ocelots. I went back and redid Wink's scene to make sure he was quiet, i ate one of the pork chops and i kept Nell safe by not having her rebuild. The only noticeable members of the Ocelots for me were Lukas, Stampy and Stacy.

Lukas had to have finished his book. If you click on the bookstore in episode 1 they'll be a book signing poster for Lukas in the front of the store.

AChicken posted: »

Sadly, that makes the golem guard kill Wink. Nope. There are a number of people who you can make disappear, but they don't die, they

• Does anyone know what the other possible outcomes for this result are?

• edited December 2017

This is what i got

• Thanks. How did you get Stella but not Lluna?

This is what i got

• Not sure, I chose to leave Luna and chose the choice to have Lluna stay with Stella maybe that could be why

AnimalBoy posted: »

Thanks. How did you get Stella but not Lluna?

• That's what I got too.

This is what i got

• i think you have to let lluna go off with Stella

Thanks. How did you get Stella but not Lluna?

• If you want Romeo to be saved, you need to bring Freds people instead of Radar first.

• If we save Romeo, how is he supposed to get back to the Underneath without his powers?

• When Radar arrives in the Terminal Zone, he briefly mentions that Xara fixed the portal. That's probably how.

If we save Romeo, how is he supposed to get back to the Underneath without his powers?

• What about if Xara didn't stay behind? And besides, I don't think there's a portal leading to the Underneath.

SnownRaven posted: »

When Radar arrives in the Terminal Zone, he briefly mentions that Xara fixed the portal. That's probably how.

• In the choice generator, there was a one that it says have you supported Harper or not. So, did it make any difference in the game?

• No. There were originally plans to include Harper, Em, etc. in the season, but budget issues kept those ideas from coming to fruition. It seems that originally that choice was meant to change your interactions with Harper, but like so many other choices in the generator, it makes no difference in the end.

ali1382 posted: »

In the choice generator, there was a one that it says have you supported Harper or not. So, did it make any difference in the game?

• edited December 2017

Yeah, I forgot Xara's portal seems to be one-way as in you can use the portal in the Underneath to connect to an existing obsidian portal but not the other way around. As far as we know, there is no portal that leads directly to the Underneath. My mistake.

I still, however, think it's quite possible for Romeo to reach the Underneath.

After Ivor informed Romeo about Jesse's "fate", he went to the Sunshine Institute to pick up Nurm or Lluna so he could bring them to Beacontown. That means there had to be a way for him to go down (and back) there. It makes sense for there to be because it's in the Nether which lies at the bottom of the Overworld.

Now remember that the Underneath was the first world and that the bedrock was something Romeo laid down over it. Just as the bedrock disappeared over Jesse's world when he lost his powers, the bedrock over the Underneath may have disappeared as well. Alternatively, there is still the pathway leading down there from near the Sunshine Institute.

So Romeo could have gone the same way as Ivor, likely through a nether portal, and then down the pathway that Jesse used to reach the Underneath.

Sorry, it took me this long to get back to you, by the way. I had to double-check to make sure I wasn't mistaken again.

What about if Xara didn't stay behind? And besides, I don't think there's a portal leading to the Underneath.

• From Captainsparklez's playthrough, it seems that it's possible for Lluna to stay with Jesse even if you leave her at the Sunshine Institute. I guess it depends on how we treat Stella.

Speaking of Stella. For Above and Beyond, what happens if you didn't save her in Giant Consequences, and got her into your side in Block And a Hard Place?

If you didn't destroy Nell's old statue, it seems that Romeo takes a bit of her surfer personality.

How does the choice with Jack meeting Ivor change the story? Jack and Ivor's dialogue after their meeting seems unchanged too me.

• But, it was really funny to learn that Jake is a fan of Ivor.

From Captainsparklez's playthrough, it seems that it's possible for Lluna to stay with Jesse even if you leave her at the Sunshine Institute

• ikr! Lol, it was so funny!

Kng0604 posted: »

But, it was really funny to learn that Jake is a fan of Ivor.

• The come out and play line said during the Ocelots scene is most likely a reference to this scene from the 1979 movie The Warriors.

• Gave me a chuckle when I saw it.

The come out and play line said during the Ocelots scene is most likely a reference to this scene from the 1979 movie The Warriors.

• edited December 2017

If you craft sugars instead of paper:

• Haha! XD

If you craft sugars instead of paper:

• wait, when do you see wink in episode 5? i never saw her/him.

• another question:
    does anyone know what happens when xara dies, but you leave radar? because when he does come back, he says that xara fixed the portal, but if xara died, then what would happen? would he even get back to beacontown?

• In section where you see the two Stellas, Wink is to the left. You have to move back a bit after the cutscene to spot him. I've seen a lot of people miss because of it.

SarniX posted: »

wait, when do you see wink in episode 5? i never saw her/him.

• edited December 2017

Drat, I'm curious and I know I saw footage from someone where that happened. I just can't remember where.

another question: does anyone know what happens when xara dies, but you leave radar? because when he does come back, he says that xara fixed the portal, but if xara died, then what would happen? would he even get back to beacontown?

• Ivor was hiding:

• edited January 2018

The guys who composed the soundtrack for both seasons of Minecraft, Antimo & Welles, have a YouTube channel where they uploaded the entire soundtrack for both games.

Check it out if you like the soundtrack like I do!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP65sBTO3zqzSPuvsdDr2HQ/videos?disable_polymer=1

• When I first played episode 5 I noticed that.

Ivor was hiding:

• Actually, they are just beggining uploading the tracks from season 1.

lupinb0y posted: »

The guys who composed the soundtrack for both seasons of Minecraft, Antimo & Welles, have a YouTube channel where they uploaded the enti

• Every named pig from S1-S2 are dead.

• edited January 2018

Oh wow lol
    I didn't notice!

Every named pig from S1-S2 are dead.

• wow lol! How didn't I notice that?

Every named pig from S1-S2 are dead.

• edited January 2018

I've found out from another poster: Radar says that Xara fixed the portal. The line remains unchanged.

This does make sense since Xara would have had to fix the portal to reach Beacontown in the time that she did. The alternative would be the normal way which would likely have take her far longer since she'd have to go up the stairway, mine obsidian, construct a portal and then travel the way to Beacontown.

another question: does anyone know what happens when xara dies, but you leave radar? because when he does come back, he says that xara fixed the portal, but if xara died, then what would happen? would he even get back to beacontown?

• hmph. i thought they would actually add an ending where radar doesnt come back.. oh well, im not THAT mad, just a little disappointed. im still hsppy the way things turned out in episode 5.

SnownRaven posted: »

I've found out from another poster: Radar says that Xara fixed the portal. The line remains unchanged. This does make sense since Xara wo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.