We Want Season 2!

Comments

• As much as I am happy to know that GoT gets a Season 2, I am still sad that this one hasn't been confirmed yet...

• I'm getting the sense that we will not see more Borderlands in any way for a long time.

Even if Gearbox said that they are open to consider more tales (from the borderlands), I believe it is only a token expression of interest and BL3 is too far away in the future for them (Doesn't help that Take2 shut down Take2 Australia, the developers of the pre-sequel, and that the Chinese-bound Borderlands MMO was cancelled). In the near future I only see Golden Keys and merchandise/promotions/game collections as a way to keep interest in the franchise (More DLCs are probably off the table too, except for cosmetic DLC, maybe)

The other problem I see for Telltale is if they eventually continue creating new history, with Gearbox not getting a clear and concrete setting and history for BL3 at this point, there is a great risk for too many inconsistencies from what the known history could be and the direction Gearbox wants. At this point we only know that "war is coming and we need all the VHs we can get", Helios is down (probably Hyperion too), Atlas could resurface (still unclear at what capacity), CL4P-TP is still alive, a new Vault was opened and AI Jack may be still relevant (Plus things like Scooter death, Moon Zoomy girl taking over Catch-A-Ride and marrying Athena). If the story continues to unfold... what now seems a good or acceptable idea will probably be a bad idea or a nightmare when BL3 gets to the drawing board (Unless they go the 10.000 years in the future road and dismiss past events)
    The only safer options from a continuity standpoint are origin stories (either a mini-series or DLC)

Borderlands destiny may be tied to the success of Battleborn too, though it can go either way here. If it is a success they may go for BL3 and allow more Tales (Keeping the interest in the franchise alive for more time while building BL3). If it is a failure... too many variables to consider (ranging from the need to get quickly into BL3 to selling the IP to recover losses) so let's not go there.

Best case scenario, when BL3 gets greenlit as a project, we may have more tales (from the borderlands) continuing (probably bridging) the story.
    Telltale could also go for an origin story DLC/mini series (which minimizes the impact on BL3 basing it on Tales, established lore or a combination of both)

But nothing will happen if the game is not successful enough FINANCIALLY. It needs to perform good enough for Telltale to consider investing time and resources.
    Critical acclaim and fans shouting "this is the best, we want more" will not help at all if Telltale can get more money and/or better deals doing other projects (It is a business people, money comes first unfortunately)

• edited November 2015

I hope

Gibbeynator posted: »

Think of it like this... if something as middling as Game of Thrones can get a second season, then Tales from the Borderlands Season 2 is being saved for a big announcement. Like, say, the Game Awards 2016 or the PlayStation Experience.

• Viral marketing is a thing though. I got at least 3 people into actually buying and completing it so far; all of them enjoyed it and at least one of them has started spreading the word as well.

Yeah I know, 3 people is like nothing. But if everyone of us gets 3 people playing who get more people playing... What I'm saying is, this game is not some niche product. It's not like there's just a dedicated fanbase that loves it while everyone else thinks it's boring. It seems to me everyone who likes a good story also likes this game, and there are many people who like good stories. The only thing is, a lot of said people have either never heard about it or haven't been convinced that they should check it out.

Sure, I feel TTG might want to put more emphasis on having released a game which is rated 9/10 on average, but in the meantime let's do what we can to make up for it!

jmm posted: »

I'm getting the sense that we will not see more Borderlands in any way for a long time. Even if Gearbox said that they are open to consid

• I'm also on the same boat, encouraging people to buy and play the game, even suggesting Tales on twitch streams and sort of "evangelizing" the folks that show on the chat by providing context, helping or doing whatever I can to convince them that the game is worth playing and more than once (to counter the frequent "too linear" comment)

But, I think it is a lost cause. I will continue to pop in twitch for awhile, but I'm just disappointed by the effect the pre-sequel had on borderlands overall, the lack of marketing (Other than retwitting reviews) and the timing that I think will affect getting more borderlands going on (Tales, BL3, even DLC for the pre-sequel). Right now Gearbox is focused 99% on Battleborn and will probably be for the next 8-10 months, so I doubt they will even agree for more Tales in the near future.

Navoc posted: »

Viral marketing is a thing though. I got at least 3 people into actually buying and completing it so far; all of them enjoyed it and at leas

• Well as much as I am excited for season 2 of GoT ill still be waiting for season 2 of tales like

enter image description here

• "evangelizing"

Let us all spread the cult of Tales

I'm also on the same boat, encouraging people to buy and play the game, even suggesting Tales on twitch streams and sort of "evangelizing" t

• How to sum up all episodes so far:

• Just gonna say they cant do a Season 2 without Gearboxes permission as they only did a 1 year contract where as HBO did a multi year contract with telltale thats why GoT has gotten a season 2 we can only hope for a season 2

Leluch123 posted: »

A small photo to remind us of what we've lost

• Where is ClapTrap?!

So i finally updated that picture with the entire gang now i will post in a couple of other threads as well Made with SFM/Photoshop 1920 x 1080 TFTB GANG

• edited November 2015

Where are you TTG when we need you, are you next Handsome Jack who wants to hurt others only?

Here's a quote from Telltale's Twitter account: 'Tales from the Borderlands' is now the most critically-acclaimed game series of the y

• TftB summed up in one picture

SmolGui posted: »

How to sum up all episodes so far:

• edited November 2015

I remember hearing, at one point or another very recently, that there my very well be a season 2 for Wolf Among Us. But then again, there's very little sustenance to rumors.

If Gearbox is still open to the idea - and all signs point to yes in that department - I think it's safe to say that a second season for Tales from the Borderlands is definitely going to be in the works. Game of Thrones may have been pre-orchestrated courtesy of HBO, so the creators already know what story they are going for and whatnot. Tales from the Borderlands seemed a little more .. spur of the moment? Perhaps it's just because they need some more time to come up with something as riveting and exciting as the first season without recycling old material.

If referencing another company is going to help any ... When Bethesda made Fallout: New Vegas, there was no mention anywhere of a sequel. But you knew one was coming because of their reputation. Several years later, voila Fallout 4. Just because Game of Thrones was announced first, I wouldn't say Tales 2 isn't going to happen.

By the by, I was totally gunning for Rhys and Fiona ... at first, And then the Atlas biodome happened and I did a complete 180.

• By the by, I was totally gunning for Rhys and Fiona ... at first, And then the Atlas biodome happened and I did a complete 180.

Does that mean what I think you mean?

I remember hearing, at one point or another very recently, that there my very well be a season 2 for Wolf Among Us. But then again, there's

• Leluch123Leluch123 Banned
    edited November 2015

100 likes! You see that TTG! WE NEED S2!

• Make that 101

100 likes! You see that TTG! WE NEED S2!

• enter image description here

Duck_Hunt posted: »

Make that 101

• edited November 2015

When Season 2 of GoT is announced before the final episode of Season 1 is released, and still no Tales news.

• Yeah, hopefully. Game of Thrones wasn´t as good as Tales in my opinion but of course it gets a second season right away because it is Game of Thrones. It lives upon it´s name and not its greatness like Tales. All we can do is wait and hope I guess

Gibbeynator posted: »

Think of it like this... if something as middling as Game of Thrones can get a second season, then Tales from the Borderlands Season 2 is being saved for a big announcement. Like, say, the Game Awards 2016 or the PlayStation Experience.

• Hi, I am from the future. I can assure you that Season 9 was just announced.

• I see you've been to imgur recently.

• It's kinda frustrated too see that Tales (Better quailty, my opinion) is going to do a Wolf Among Us, while GoT is getting another season :D

• Yeah as much as I would really love a season 2 of tales, I don't mind GoT getting a second season. I'm actually looking forward to it, but I do still believe tales will get a second season eventually.

kaza125 posted: »

It's kinda frustrated too see that Tales (Better quailty, my opinion) is going to do a Wolf Among Us, while GoT is getting another season

• Im still excited for GoT season 2, but if I had to choose a season 2 of GoT or Tales id choose Tales

It's kinda frustrated too see that Tales (Better quailty, my opinion) is going to do a Wolf Among Us, while GoT is getting another season

• Let's hope that the sales results will be good enough to make them consider S2

• Just gonna post this here but...

So Luara Bailey joined the cast of Uncharted 4 by Naughty Dog.

That makes it so I can now "see" Fiona, Rhys, August, and Ashly Johnson across Naughty Dog games.

• edited November 2015

I've noticed that there's an increasing number of comments on different threads that indicate people are somewhat pessimistic or even skeptical about another season. I am not saying these people are wrong, but I wholeheartedly disagree. We can't have nice things if we don't (politely) ask for them.

No, I don't hope Telltale to call it quits because season one was perfect and future installments might ruin that image. The fun I've had with this season can never be taken away from me, no matter what happens in the future. That being said, I have no reason whatsoever to believe that the people who created it are not capable of delivering more awesomesauce.

I also don't hope Gearbox to "pick up" the story one way or another in future installments of Borderlands. It's a shooter series ffs! Even if they could tell a story the way Telltale can - which is a lot to ask for in my opinion - I don't think they will or should try to do so, because I'm convinced it would cause friction between story and gameplay. I started playing Borderlands 2 and I'm enjoying it so far, but it's not the game that still puts a dumb smile on my face whenever I think about it (even though I haven't played it for more than a month). I want to know what happened to Fiona and Rhys, but I want to know it from Telltale.

And if season two never happens, I will not jump off a bridge, I will not start a riot and I will not cry myself to sleep every night. Tales will fade into a memory at some point and I'll be okay with it. But that's not what I hope will happen.

What I do hope to happen though, however long it may take, is precisely this:

TALES FROM THE BORDERLANDS

SEASON 2

A Telltale Games series

Directed by Nick Herman (and others)

Written by Pierre Shorette (and others)

Starring Troy Baker as Rhys and Laura Bailey as Fiona

Rated M for Mature (Violence, Blood and Gore, Suggestive Themes, Language, Use of Alcohol)

• enter image description here

I've noticed that there's an increasing number of comments on different threads that indicate people are somewhat pessimistic or even skepti

• You know, first Talented SFM artist to make Rodrick and Asher in a spotlight partying and Bigby, Rhys and Fiona in a dark corner lookin' all sad, gets a whole digital cookie.

• the vault teleported them to them to the world of Game of Thrones

Poogers555 posted: »

You know, first Talented SFM artist to make Rodrick and Asher in a spotlight partying and Bigby, Rhys and Fiona in a dark corner lookin' all sad, gets a whole digital cookie.

• LMAO I just remembered that I made a fanfic out of that xD

bigdogg0821 posted: »

the vault teleported them to them to the world of Game of Thrones

• Leluch123Leluch123 Banned
    edited November 2015

ANd suddely GoT gets higher score on metacritic....

bigdogg0821 posted: »

the vault teleported them to them to the world of Game of Thrones

• First time I saw the Shock Baton in Fallout, I immediately thought of Rhys.

• same here, even made my character look like him

First time I saw the Shock Baton in Fallout, I immediately thought of Rhys.

• jmmjmm
    edited December 2015

Interview from Ozzie Mejia, at the Game Awards

As our time concluded, this writer wasn't about to let Telltale walk away without asking about the ending to the game, especially since it was ripe for speculation. Without touching on spoilers, Tales from the Borderlands ends with a major question lingering overhead. With that said, Shacknews asked if Telltale had any plans to follow up on this ending. The answer?

"I think that's a question for Gearbox," Stauffer said. "The ball is in Gearbox's court."

Full article here: http://www.shacknews.com/article/92376/telltale-talks-tales-from-the-borderlands

• what I would give for someone to find the review with gearbox big shot saying that they're are open to future projects with TTG. Seriously I read it somewhere.

Interview from Ozzie Mejia, at the Game Awards As our time concluded, this writer wasn't about to let Telltale walk away without askin

• If someone said Tales will return 'soon'

• Yup I thought that too

First time I saw the Shock Baton in Fallout, I immediately thought of Rhys.

• I know I've seen it, and have been looking.

what I would give for someone to find the review with gearbox big shot saying that they're are open to future projects with TTG. Seriously I read it somewhere.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.