Season Two AU by Badgershite (Fan-made)

Comments

• That was kind of a cliffhanger there with Randyll, but hey, I AM happy we're with Gared now .) Especially when he's being such a total cinnamon roll, offering the wildling family a place to stay in & generally inviting them to join. I mean, Forresters do need allies, but that's still so nice of him. And I like how you depict Signa as grateful & friendly, bc it's interesting to have diverse wildling characters, instead of all of them being stereotypical grouchy sassy kickasses (though I do believe Signa can turn out to be a kickass...). Shit, I already feel attached to this wildling family rn xD I want everything to turn out alright for them. That's another thing you did that telltale should've done - given relatable personalities to the lower standing/smallfolk heroes besides Gared, like Mundy or those wildlings. If Forrester people were more than lifeless character models in the background, maybe people would care more about retaining peace & acknowledge that there are more folks out there to be cared for & protected, than just Forrester family.

Also, since the party has arrived at Tuttle farm, it's just a matter of time when certain two dudes will show up, right? .) I think, there is a quote about asoiaf, something along the lines that "different characters, that parted ways in the story, are being brought back together & have their paths cross". That's actually what's happening throughout the au. I hope Ryon can get some interaction with Willow & Newt, bc he needs interaction with other children. Btw, do they have nature-related names due to being too young, or are those their adult, "real" ones?

PS. I saw Steffon Whitehill's drawing on the wiki - & can I now legitimately assume, that a teddy bear face runs in the Whitehill family? xD

JakeSt123 posted: »

Part 3.31 Huzzah! Gared's first POV scene : D

• That's another thing you did that telltale should've done - given relatable personalities to the lower standing/smallfolk heroes besides Gared, like Mundy or those wildlings. If Forrester people were more than lifeless character models in the background, maybe people would care more about retaining peace & acknowledge that there are more folks out there to be cared for & protected, than just Forrester family.

I think that's something that's missing throughout all of GOT/ASOIAF. Because there aren't really any smallfolk/peasant POVs, they come across as less than human and easily expendable, cattle that just happen to get pushed by waves of politics. Mundy gets some further characterisation later down the line in part three, and there's some behind the scenes stuff with Torrhen befriending smallfolk and generally being kind to them, and it's generally fun to make the powerless have just as much character as the nobles.

I hope Ryon can get some interaction with Willow & Newt, bc he needs interaction with other children. Btw, do they have nature-related names due to being too young, or are those their adult, "real" ones?

Can't confirm/deny the Ryon/Beskha thing - they may have moved on as it's been a month since Part Two, but the two Wildling kids are pretty interesting even if they are, like... quaternary cast members:

Willow's entire character comes from cut content of Season 1. Her model is an unedited model found in the game files for a wildling child that never appeared (see this tumblr post for more on that whole thing) and the name comes from several cut lines from Ep4 of wildling characters shouting the name "Willow!" (I don't think this was the child's name as she is also heard shouting it, but you take what you're given, y'know?).

For Newt's name Cassie/Peggyoung and I just sort of rolled with the name Willow and went for something nature-y as the two of them are twins. There were a ton of other names we had thought of for him but Newt was the one that stood out to me. The names are probably just their real ones because they're about seven or eight now - well past the age kids beyond the wall tend to get a name - so maybe Targ and Sig gave them names like that because they're twins and they sort of 'match'.

PS. I saw Steffon Whitehill's drawing on the wiki - & can I now legitimately assume, that a teddy bear face runs in the Whitehill family? xD

Tbh for that one I literally overlayed pictures of Ludd and his father and traced over them so there was some sort of resemblance. I think that round face originated from Steffon's dad, Mallador Whitehill.

Makes me curious where the blonde hair first came from, considering way back when the Forresters and Whitehills were first formed they both had black hair.

The Seed Is Strong. (Those should be their words)

Krapinka posted: »

That was kind of a cliffhanger there with Randyll, but hey, I AM happy we're with Gared now .) Especially when he's being such a total cinna

• Part 3.32

I can't rely on the date to tell me what that number after the decimal will be D:

• edited September 2016

:o Is Elsera saying what I think she's saying?

Part 3.32 I can't rely on the date to tell me what that number after the decimal will be

• Elsera, no! I still love you though.

Part 3.32 I can't rely on the date to tell me what that number after the decimal will be

• edited September 2016

S'not easy having family butchered by someone y'thought you could trust.

Okay... I don't know whether this was intentional or not, but MAN, this is so dark & powerful & sad & ironic & fitting at the same time, that I'm kinda at a loss of all words...

Hmm, also, some magic force keeps deleting the rest of my comment when I try to post it :/

• Okay... I don't know whether this was intentional or not, but MAN, this is so dark & powerful & sad & ironic & fitting at the same time, that I'm kinda at a loss of all words...

It's a reference to Cotter being butchered for blood magic. Needed to be done or chances are they'd all be dead or Gared would be on his own with a missing eye and arm or something.

Also are you getting the "invalid CSRVFFF tag token" bullshit message? I keep getting that... I usually copy the post I was writing, refresh the page and then paste it again.

S'not easy having family butchered by someone y'thought you could trust. Okay... I don't know whether this was intentional or not, b

• Did Gared sacrifice Cotter in the AU?

Okay... I don't know whether this was intentional or not, but MAN, this is so dark & powerful & sad & ironic & fitting at th

• Yup.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Did Gared sacrifice Cotter in the AU?

• So was that line Sylvi being passive aggressive?

Yup.

• Indeed it was.

So was that line Sylvi being passive aggressive?

• Angry Gared is best Gared.

Part 3.33

• I remember when I made this scene I realised that Gared, Rodrik and Talia are all at different points in the frustration/rage scale. Literally everyone (except Torrhen, oddly enough) is salty as hell right now.

Angry Gared is best Gared.

• Ok, this was a seriously fucked up suggestion & I totally understand Gared being mad, but I can't help but sympathize with Elsera? Seriously, she is my least favorite character of the game, but in the au, she's just quickly growing on me? I kinda just want to hug her & wrap her in blanket because of how downtrodden she looks? Yes, saying this was a big mistake of hers, but I do believe that in her own way she was trying to help. Growing far from most people & having blood magic & zombies as a major part of your life does a great toll on one's social skills. Also, rn I'm getting more ideas for that soon-coming au predictions post I promised because of this...

Still, I don't blame Gared one bit for acting the way he does. Looks like he's seriously done with Rodrik for now & all in all is on edge. Looking at your father's & sister's graves while having in mind, that your last family member might not've even got himself one, is some special breed of hell. At least he has Sylvi to look after his stupid arse, right? I love those two so damn much & want them to be happy so fucking badly. The fact, that Sylvi had brought up eventually letting Elsera's warriors rest is the direct proof, that she isn't my favorite character for nothing. Lil sassy snowy devil. Someone, wrap the whole North Grove squad in furs, please.

Also, I wanted to mention, that I love the way you made Gared's model look, with that blush & frost on his eyebrows & hair! He looks so good that way & it would've made sense for him to be like that in ep six, but hey, I guess, you're doing telltale's job for them once again :ь

((Also... Gorden Forrester's three bastards didn't escape my notice. I wanna know what they are up to now.) ))

Part 3.33

• Nah, didn't get any messages, the forums just blatantly ate 3/4 of the reply .-. Well, at least it's all good now, and I've written most of it out in the new one .D

Okay... I don't know whether this was intentional or not, but MAN, this is so dark & powerful & sad & ironic & fitting at th

• edited September 2016

Ok, this was a seriously fucked up suggestion & I totally understand Gared being mad, but I can't help but sympathize with Elsera? Seriously, she is my least favorite character of the game, but in the au, she's just quickly growing on me? I kinda just want to hug her & wrap her in blanket because of how downtrodden she looks? Yes, saying this was a big mistake of hers, but I do believe that in her own way she was trying to help. Growing far from most people & having blood magic & zombies as a major part of your life does a great toll on one's social skills. Also, rn I'm getting more ideas for that soon-coming au predictions post I promised because of this...

Yeah, she honestly thought it was okay to ask the question. She and Josera have sort of arrested social development and she might kinda... have experience in doing this before so she may think it's normal... or at least if someone had the chance to they'd take it. I think if Gared wasn't already so pent up with the whole Rodrik deal he wouldn't have been so aggressive in his response, he probably would've just told her that it's not cool because he's nice old Gared and he's pretty lenient.

Also looking forward to that predictions post. Make sure it's long, I need to be able to bathe in the predictions.

The fact, that Sylvi had brought up eventually letting Elsera's warriors rest is the direct proof, that she isn't my favorite character for nothing.

They do also creep her the fuck out. She's got a bit used to them since Episode 6 but I think they still put the shits up her when they're too close.

Also, I wanted to mention, that I love the way you made Gared's model look, with that blush & frost on his eyebrows & hair! He looks so good that way & it would've made sense for him to be like that in ep six, but hey, I guess, you're doing telltale's job for them once again :ь

That texture was actually in the files - I didn't make it myself. I thought it appeared in game, but it may have gone unused : O

((Also... Gorden Forrester's three bastards didn't escape my notice. I wanna know what they are up to now.) ))

Last night I decided they're living with Genna and her family. And because I suck and didn't have any ideas I've jokingly chosen to make Genna's kids opposite-gender counterparts of Gregor's kids, with perhaps a slightly altered birth order. Y'know, for shits and giggles.

Ok, this was a seriously fucked up suggestion & I totally understand Gared being mad, but I can't help but sympathize with Elsera? Serio

• Also looking forward to that predictions post. Make sure it's long, I need to be able to bathe in the predictions.

That's why I'm taking time with it (won't take much more though, just one or two days now). Won't promise for it to be super long, but I have stuff in mind for all plotlines.

Last night I decided they're living with Genna and her family. And because I suck and didn't have any ideas I've jokingly chosen to make Genna's kids opposite-gender counterparts of Gregor's kids, with perhaps a slightly altered birth order. Y'know, for shits and giggles.

Hopefully, those thugs aren't giving good old Genna too much trouble. I think she'd be able to discipline them though. & I wanna see her kids too now! x)

Ok, this was a seriously fucked up suggestion & I totally understand Gared being mad, but I can't help but sympathize with Elsera? Serio

• Part 3.34

Another one of Gryff's notable goons (that I only realised looked eerily like Remus Ashwood once I finished the scene.)

As for why that guy just... stood there and took it -- uh, rule of cool, I guess?

• That's why I'm taking time with it (won't take much more though, just one or two days now). Won't promise for it to be super long, but I have stuff in mind for all plotlines.

I have to work next week (like 'actual' work O_O) so that should probably cheer me up haha.

Hopefully, those thugs aren't giving good old Genna too much trouble. I think she'd be able to discipline them though. & I wanna see her kids too now! x)

Ulwyck and Xandor are the most shitty, but Thorren tends to knock their heads together if they get too rowdy. (Must run in the name, I suppose).

Also looking forward to that predictions post. Make sure it's long, I need to be able to bathe in the predictions. That's why I'm ta

• WOAH! Gared killed that fool without hesitation! XD

Part 3.34 Another one of Gryff's notable goons (that I only realised looked eerily like Remus Ashwood once I finished the scene.) As for why that guy just... stood there and took it -- uh, rule of cool, I guess?

• Oh shit! They'll be painting these roads with Whitehill blood!

Gared and Tom fighting side by side is gonna be cool.

Part 3.34 Another one of Gryff's notable goons (that I only realised looked eerily like Remus Ashwood once I finished the scene.) As for why that guy just... stood there and took it -- uh, rule of cool, I guess?

• So how long is this going to go on? Will you do a Season 3?

• edited September 2016

So how long is this going to go on?

Till it's done. Hopefully the end of this year.

Will you do a Season 3?

Ffffffffffuck no.

So how long is this going to go on? Will you do a Season 3?

• Isn't Ryon supposed to be hiding at Gared's farm

• He is, but it's been a month. They may have moved along since then considering Gared's farm is pretty close to Ironrath and the Whitehills knew they were about.

Isn't Ryon supposed to be hiding at Gared's farm

• they better not kill Shadow my big fat snowball dawg

Part 3.35

• This is the best description of Shadow I've ever read.

MrEggplant posted: »

they better not kill Shadow my big fat snowball dawg

• SHADOW NO!

Part 3.35

• thank you, I was thinking about it about 15 seconds, so you know, that comment costed me.

This is the best description of Shadow I've ever read.

• FINN! Good to see he's still around in the AU.

Since he wasn't killed by Wights, where he's been this whole time?

Part 3.36

• Oh my god, seeing Finn is such a nostalgic moment :-; Like back in episodes 2-5, when our glorious trio was together. Good ol' times... Cotter is still missing though, and that's a scar of mine that'll never truly heal .( You're not forgotten, Cotter, your sacrifice, your input, the amamzing person you were — we damn better remember him & what a great friend he was.

I haven't commented last few posts, but that's just because I find battles upsetting (not your battles, the ingame as well) & hard to say anything about. Also, I'm working on the predictions post rn — it currently has 17 predictions, but I feel like I can do more than that, so just a lil bit more wait. Sorry for promising it & then taking so much time, my first days at university just leave me a bit exhausted atm.

Part 3.36

• FINN! My brother!

Part 3.36

• Where the fuck has he been hiding!?

Part 3.36

• edited September 2016

Part 3.37

I call this part "Imprinting".

Two parts today because I've been at work and fuck it I want to post two parts.

• Prepare for tears!

I loved that moment between Fishface and Snowball.

Part 3.37 I call this part "Imprinting". Two parts today because I've been at work and fuck it I want to post two parts.

• Part 3.38

And I'll leave you with a choice poll. See you tomorrow, folks.

• Ah, so that's what Finn's been doing.

Poor Shadow.

Hmm... between all these dialogues, I picked "Scared of a few Whitehills?". Might be mean, but he does talk a big game. Figured maybe he might take that as a challenge to go bust a few Whitehill heads.

Part 3.38 And I'll leave you with a choice poll. See you tomorrow, folks.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.