Season Two AU by Badgershite (Fan-made)

Comments

• Finn, you the man!

I chose "We're brothers" it seems the most emotional response.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Part 3.38 And I'll leave you with a choice poll. See you tomorrow, folks.

• edited September 2016

Part 3.39

"Where else have you got to go?" won the poll and, well... it turned out fairly good. I'll write a spoiler post in response to this one to detail possible outcomes of that choice.

• So, the choice. You couldn't really predict what would make Finn want to stay because you can never tell how someone will react to what you say to them.

The winning choice eventually made Gared say something that reassured Finn's faith in him, so he's decided to after they get Ironrath back.

If you were to ask Finn if he was afraid of a 'few Whitehills', Finn voices his concern about the wildlings and Elsera's hollows. Gared says that as long as they're on the right side they won't do him any harm, which Finn takes the wrong way and decides to leave once Ironrath is reclaimed.

If you wanted to tell him that you were brothers, Finn says he and Gared stopped being brothers once they deserted and broke their vows. Gared asks why, if they're not brothers, Finn stuck around and Finn backs himself into a corner saying he's got nowhere else to go. Gared says he's sure there would be a place for Finn - who decides to stay relucantly.

Part 3.39 "Where else have you got to go?" won the poll and, well... it turned out fairly good. I'll write a spoiler post in response to this one to detail possible outcomes of that choice.

• Ryon and Beskha! They're back! I've missed those two. Now I'm excited to see how Gared's first impression with Beskha goes.

And I guess the taunting dialogue wouldn't have been the best choice of words. Maybe I'm not giving Finn enough credit.

Part 3.39 "Where else have you got to go?" won the poll and, well... it turned out fairly good. I'll write a spoiler post in response to this one to detail possible outcomes of that choice.

• About time Beskha and Ryon show up! It's been a while!

• "She'll learn to love me" Let the shipping begin! I'm kidding :p
    Ahh, Finn is so great and it's awesome to see Beskha again.

If you think about it, Gared and Beskha are similar in a way. Both of them aren't related to the Forresters by blood but consider them family.

• Finn and Beskha are like:

enter image description here

AgentZ46 posted: »

"She'll learn to love me" Let the shipping begin! I'm kidding Ahh, Finn is so great and it's awesome to see Beskha again. If you think

• edited September 2016

Part 3.40

I'm spoiling you guys for choices, haha. Making up for the lack of them we've had in a while.

EDIT: Here's the poll. Should've linked that, haha.

• [Tell Ryon about the Snows]

Part 3.40 I'm spoiling you guys for choices, haha. Making up for the lack of them we've had in a while. EDIT: Here's the poll. Should've linked that, haha.

• You're gonna want to vote in the poll here. Sorry about that - I should have linked it in the post, which I'll do right now.

MrEggplant posted: »

[Tell Ryon about the Snows]

• What exactly was Finn implying when he said "Some more than others."?

I picked that Gared should tell Ryon about the Snows. Not sure how he'll take it, but he's still young, and I feel like it's better for him to know right away than having to hide it from him.

Part 3.40 I'm spoiling you guys for choices, haha. Making up for the lack of them we've had in a while. EDIT: Here's the poll. Should've linked that, haha.

• edited September 2016

I voted to tell him about Josera and Elsera. He deserves to know, and it's better that he find out now from someone he trusts rather than having it hidden from him and finding out later

Also, Beskha's reaction to Sylvi was priceless!

• What exactly was Finn implying when he said "Some more than others."?

Finn has the hots for poor Beskha XD

What exactly was Finn implying when he said "Some more than others."? I picked that Gared should tell Ryon about the Snows. Not sure how

• "What the fuck is that!?" how rude.

Best to tell him, if he gets mad then he gets mad. It won't be the end of the world and he deserves to know.

• It's better for Gared to tell Ryon about Josera and Elsera now than it is for him to find out later from a salty af Rodrik.

• oh ok

You're gonna want to vote in the poll here. Sorry about that - I should have linked it in the post, which I'll do right now.

• Part 3.41

This is the last of this scene. Tomorrow's is a good one - probably one of my favourites : )

• So why do you actually show timers under the choices? Do we have a choice to say nothing? Or is is just there for authenticity?

• It's there for to make it look more legit. I 'built' my template over a screenshot of the game so everything from that just ended up included.

So why do you actually show timers under the choices? Do we have a choice to say nothing? Or is is just there for authenticity?

• edited September 2016

Well, Ryon certainly took it way better than Rodrik did.

No offense to Gared, but this plan that he has to take back Ironrath sounds like a definition for "suicide".

Part 3.41 This is the last of this scene. Tomorrow's is a good one - probably one of my favourites : )

• No offense to Gared, but this plan that he has to take back Ironrath sounds like a definition for "suicide".

Especially considering that he's already forgotten the leader of that scout group didn't actually stay and fight and headed back to Ironrath to tell Gryff what's going on.

Well, Ryon certainly took it way better than Rodrik did. No offense to Gared, but this plan that he has to take back Ironrath sounds like a definition for "suicide".

• Awww, Ryon! I imagine this feels really good for Josera in paticular.

Part 3.41 This is the last of this scene. Tomorrow's is a good one - probably one of my favourites : )

• edited September 2016

I'm making several new houses because I lack self control and it's incredibly fun for me, but I think it'd be cool if people who follow the AU / Expanded Fanon helped out. The names (aside from Norton) are from semi-canon or canon sources from ASOIAF.

Here's some brief descriptions to help out.

House Fisher of Whitecaster on-the-Sea, Stony Shore - House Fisher is an old house. They were First Men kings after the Long Night who were eventually defeated and reduced to vassals by the Kings of Winter, House Stark of Winterfell. I may have a friend working on this one so I'd hold off on suggesting anything for these dudes.

House Lightfoot of Queen's Burrow, Stony Shore. - House Lightfoot's lands are northwest of the Ryders' and southeast of the Fishers'.

House Holt of Sea Dragon Point - Royland sunk Ironborn ships during the Greyjoy Rebellion on Holt lands. Their main base of operations is a pier of sorts and a shore town. They used to trade with the Wolf's Cradle, the seat of house Degore, and currently still trade with Stillport but are much smaller.

enter link description here enter image description here
    House Mollen of Bramble Hall and House Moss of the Knothole - both of these houses are Wolfswood clans, much like houses Woods, Branch, Forrester and Bole amongst others. All we know of the Mollens is that Hallis Mollen was made Captain of the Guards for Winterfell after Jory Cassel left with Ned for King's Landing. The Mosses are a clean slate.

House Norton of Sentinel Crest - House Norton is based west of House Bole's lands and east of Stillport, south of the lands of House Ashwood. They live on the outskirts of the wolfswood, in a sparse forest of Sentinel trees and have previously been involved in the Ashwood/Bole disputes. I might be working on this house myself as I have a pretty good knowledge of the Ashwood/Bole stuff but if you want to suggest random characters I'm all for it.

House Overton of Crofter's Pass - House Overton is based to the south of House Norton, whom they are possibly a cadet branch of (or the other way around). As with the Nortons I kinda want to work on these, but character profiles and suggestions would be cool.

and

House Ryder of Siltstone Bay, the Rills - this is the most expanded of the houses so far. The history and stuff is nailed down, but names are needed - for the aged Lord Ryder, his first, second and third wives, firstborn son, second and third daughters, brother and nephew. His third wife was an Elliver, possibly a great aunt of the current Elliver Lord, Marcyn.

• Part 3.42

This is one of my favourite scenes for the sheer worldbuilding. It ain't GOT without a hundred million characters.

• I'm guessing that there's about to be a debate regarding the unpleasant surprise visit they had earlier?

Part 3.42 This is one of my favourite scenes for the sheer worldbuilding. It ain't GOT without a hundred million characters.

• Indeed. This is the "We Have To Do Something" talk.

I'm guessing that there's about to be a debate regarding the unpleasant surprise visit they had earlier?

• Awww, this is going to be tense!

Great to see Meghan. I was wondering if she'd show up.

Part 3.42 This is one of my favourite scenes for the sheer worldbuilding. It ain't GOT without a hundred million characters.

• edited September 2016

Great to see Meghan. I was wondering if she'd show up.

She's been mentioned a fair lot, and now her little sub plot (locating her missing brother Tobas in the riverlands) is over and dealt with. Plus she kinda has some 'news' to share with Namond off-screen.

Awww, this is going to be tense! Great to see Meghan. I was wondering if she'd show up.

• edited September 2016

Part 3.43

It was super fun making all these Lords and characters.

• I hope that Rodrik will kick the doors open and say "ye, let's end those cunts!"

Part 3.43 It was super fun making all these Lords and characters.

• enter image description here

Especially this one, I'm sure. Will we know what happened to him?

• Wow. I am really starting to like this Nestor fella.

• edited September 2016
    FetchWalker posted: »

Especially this one, I'm sure. Will we know what happened to him?

• Thanks for the info :)

He's a character from the books. Here's his ASOIAF wiki page

• I'm all for fighting back but I doubt the Boltons would react very kindly to this.

• Fuck the Boltons!

I'm all for fighting back but I doubt the Boltons would react very kindly to this.

• Would the Boltons even care? They didn't care if the Whitehills would lose by the Forresters even though the Forresters lost.

I'm all for fighting back but I doubt the Boltons would react very kindly to this.

• Here's another map of the North, this time with house territories:

• Two Towers may not be the safest place in Westeros...

Here's another map of the North, this time with house territories:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.