Season Two AU by Badgershite (Fan-made)

Comments

• For once things are going well

Oh no... That is never a good thing. When things go well, they tend to go bad. I'm scared now...

JakeSt123 posted: »

Part 3.59 Aaren's okay, Lyarra's gushing about fashion, Kyra's becoming a bit of a sister-of-the-bride-zilla, Rodrik's happy. For once things are going well.

• It's finally happening. Rodrik and Elaena are getting married.

Please don't toy with our emotions now. I've been looking forward to seeing this for a long time.

Part 3.60

• They are married as of this post - no matter what happens, Elaena Glenmore is now Elaena Forrester.

It's finally happening. Rodrik and Elaena are getting married. Please don't toy with our emotions now. I've been looking forward to seeing this for a long time.

• Not gonna lie, that was pretty damn cool.

Part 3.60

• I'm crying, omg, I'm so happy.

The marriage ceremony was something I was always looking forward to. Let's keep things as happy as they are now.

Part 3.60

• Part 3.61

Today's a double post day - last part is coming later (I think you can guess what it is) and then we'll have a break for a while so I can work on the next few scenes.

• I think I can recall you stressing about how writing song lyrics is hard. :p

Part 3.61 Today's a double post day - last part is coming later (I think you can guess what it is) and then we'll have a break for a while so I can work on the next few scenes.

• Even though I'm using a familiar melody because I lack originality XD

AgentZ46 posted: »

I think I can recall you stressing about how writing song lyrics is hard.

• Part 3.62

Here's the song - a tribute to possibly my favourite scene of the actual game. As this is a reprise of sorts, I imagine it has a slower tempo and it's more solemn, perhaps only accompanied by distant drumming and strings.

That's the last post for now. I'll keep you folks updated while I work on the next few scenes and build up my backlog : )

• edited September 2016

Thank you so much Jake for this series. Excited for the next part that's coming soon.

Part 3.62 Here's the song - a tribute to possibly my favourite scene of the actual game. As this is a reprise of sorts, I imagine it has

• enter image description here

That was beautiful!

Part 3.62 Here's the song - a tribute to possibly my favourite scene of the actual game. As this is a reprise of sorts, I imagine it has

• enter image description here

Seriously, dude. I just caught up and this is fucKIN AMAZING.

• Thank you so much Jake for this series.

No problemo : ) It's the fan feedback that keeps me going (and the occassional push from my friends to continue when it gets tough), so I thank you too (and everyone else on this thread) who have commented and followed the AU so far.

Excited for the next part that's coming soon.

Be very excited - we're getting fairly close to the climax, now. Within a couple of scenes we'll be seeing chaos and fighting all over the place.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Thank you so much Jake for this series. Excited for the next part that's coming soon.

• I didn't think I'd be getting any new readers by this point, but it's good to have you along for the ride : )

Seriously, dude. I just caught up and this is fucKIN AMAZING.

• I love it! The transition to Torrhen and Gryff was really cool. It made me feel like an epic battle was coming.

• Hi, new reader here. This is amazing! I love what you have done with all the characters, Gryff, Talia, and especially Torrhen Whitehill! The dude is an excellent antagonist, much more layered and interesting than his late father, I find myself actually rooting for the Whitehills from time to time, ha ha!

I can't wait to see what happens to all these characters when all hell breaks loose!

I can't thank you enough for all this, Jake!

Stay awsome!

• edited September 2016

AU Hiatus Thing #1 - Mira

enter image description here

What if, in the S2AU, Mira agreed to marry Morgryn and avoided death? Tom wouldn’t be in the AU, but Rodrik would save her from Morgryn’s clutches… then we’d get a Talia/Mira/Rodrik reunion in Part 3 :’)

Her design is slightly grubby, and I imagine she’d be in even worse condition under Morgryn’s control. What we see here is post-rescue, where Rodrik has given her his shirt and stuff to keep her warm.

@littlehandmaiden and I have brainstormed what Mira’s plot would be in the AU and we have a pretty good idea. I won’t say too much in case I decide to do something with it (I won’t make the whole thing, though).

• It's just my luck that I get a couple of new readers when I go on hiatus to work on the next couple of scenes XD

That said, I'm super glad you're enjoying the AU and some of the characters in it. It won't be too long now until the fighting begins, so stay tuned : )

Andribuss posted: »

Hi, new reader here. This is amazing! I love what you have done with all the characters, Gryff, Talia, and especially Torrhen Whitehill! The

• Ohhh my god, please make it. I would love to see her in your AU, and because she didn't die in my game :D

AU Hiatus Thing #1 - Mira What if, in the S2AU, Mira agreed to marry Morgryn and avoided death? Tom wouldn’t be in the AU, but Rodrik

• AU Hiatus Thing #2 - Lyarra & Ostyn

In the most recent post, Lyarra and Ostyn can be observed holding hands. It’s obscured by the watermark, but it’s there.

So there you go, ship confirmed.

Namond would not approve.

• If I do make something, it'll probably be just a few images because I don't want to end up redoing scenes I've already made, but I'd also do write-ups of the general gist of a scene.

FetchWalker posted: »

Ohhh my god, please make it. I would love to see her in your AU, and because she didn't die in my game

• I'm not asking for a whole parallel world with her. Just show the most impactful scenes in your opinion like how she escaped from Morgryn, her reaction of the bastard twins and the reunion :)

If I do make something, it'll probably be just a few images because I don't want to end up redoing scenes I've already made, but I'd also do write-ups of the general gist of a scene.

• Little secret, I've been reading this since basically when it first came out because I was following you on Tumblr. I've been too shy from commenting but I was away for a while and now I'm finally in the present. You're doing an amazing job, dude. (:

I didn't think I'd be getting any new readers by this point, but it's good to have you along for the ride : )

• It's still a lot of work.

I'm not asking for a whole parallel world with her. Just show the most impactful scenes in your opinion like how she escaped from Morgryn, her reaction of the bastard twins and the reunion

• Namond would not approve.

Namond can go & suck a big fat fucking LOLLIPOP & also get some sunshine & rainbows & stuff, so that he maybe stops being such a goddamn wet fucking blanket, preventing overs from having what he already does... Just sayin .)

Lyarra x Ostyn is officially the best ship in the au, I'm serious, there is no other au's ship (including canon ones) that I'd love so much & that'd make me so happy. Those two need to be happy & safe & together, & I accept no objections about that. Also, you're doing the gods' work by giving us those au hiatus things, Badger, seriously. It really helps me through the time without posts — I think, I'm kinda addicted to them at this point? Whenever I look at the time, the first thing that comes in mind is "hmm, how long is it till the next part"? The time your post pics divides my day in "before" & "after", it's so natural that without them my day seems kinda weird & without it's due "closure"? Looking forward to those thingies helps me with that.

AU Hiatus Thing #2 - Lyarra & Ostyn In the most recent post, Lyarra and Ostyn can be observed holding hands. It’s obscured by the watermark, but it’s there. So there you go, ship confirmed. Namond would not approve.

• I will! Take as much time as you need and make something special. :)

It's just my luck that I get a couple of new readers when I go on hiatus to work on the next couple of scenes XD That said, I'm super gla

• AU Hiatus Thing #3 - Schrödinger's Lord.

Not sure how many people picked up on the meaning behind this image - I've seen no comments about it, so I suppose I should explain. Featured in the image is Lady Glenmore yelling at the Maester with tears in her eyes while Nelsor, House Glenmore's Master-at-arms, looks downtrodden.

Ok, think about it - Why would Syrena be both crying and angry at the Maester? Clearly it's Lord Glenmore, he's taken a bad turn due to that crossbow bolt Alanna Snow put in his chest and in her hysteria, Lady G is lashing out at the maester.

Poor Errol has also slipped from a 'comatose' status on the wiki to a 'status' unknown. At this point, we don't know if he's still in that coma or straight up dead.

• AU Hiatus Thing #4 - Kyra

So here's another thing from the song montage - Talia talks about men who fell facing a threat, and Namond and Aaren are shown. Namond was beaten up by Torrhen and had his ear ripped off, Aaren was beaten by Alanna Snow. But why is Kyra there, who does she represent.

The answer is a simple one - it's Arthur. Arthur was a brave man who defended Elaena but fell at the hands of Ramsay. As for Kyra representing him? Well, those two were very close and Kyra was left distraught when he died:

• I've recently had some ideas for Mira's plotline (and Gared's) before Rodrik & Morgryn meet (so Part 1 and the first half of Part 2), so we may well be seeing something. Still no promises, though - I don't want to promise something and not deliver. Just thought I'd you'd be interested to hear that I am thinking of ideas.

I'm not asking for a whole parallel world with her. Just show the most impactful scenes in your opinion like how she escaped from Morgryn, her reaction of the bastard twins and the reunion

• You shouldn't worry about it. I love your AU the way it is now, so if you are make anything with Mira,you can take your time. :)

I've recently had some ideas for Mira's plotline (and Gared's) before Rodrik & Morgryn meet (so Part 1 and the first half of Part 2), so

• AU Hiatus Thing #5 - Abandoned Traitor Scene Flashback

Back while I was making Part 2 - this predates even the Part 1 Redux - I had plans to have a flashback that redid the traitor scene (which was poorly received in canon). It was going to show up when Rodrik told Gared what happened to Duncan, but eventually it didn’t work out as there was already the vision Rodrik had with Elsera, among other reasons.

I’m not sure exactly how it went as I’ve since lost the script for the scene, but it started off with Rodrik & co actually talking with Gryff, who outed the traitor before swanning off without any opposition as the traitor had barred the barracks to prevent any Forrester men from getting out while the Whitehills made their escape. Gryff also mentioned giving Asher a ‘welcome home party’

Duncan was initially more remorseful and keen to explain his reasoning - as he wanted to keep the Whitehills satisfied to prevent ruin from coming to their house. I also recall that Rodrik was calm by the time he gave the death sentence, as Duncan had done more harm than good.

Instead of having a fairly unsatisfying death like he does in canon, Duncan would have been beheaded. Royland fetches the chopping block and Rodrik uses the Forrester Greatsword to behead his father’s best friend for his betrayal, but shows remorse over it while still unable to understand why.

• edited October 2016

It's actually sad that we can't behead the traitor publicly. Instead we just kill him brutally inside our home and barely any people actually sees this

AU Hiatus Thing #5 - Abandoned Traitor Scene Flashback Back while I was making Part 2 - this predates even the Part 1 Redux - I had p

• edited October 2016

That's how I always imagined it.

In the rain or something too, for maximum drama.

Like in the show where R(edacted) beheads R.K.

MrEggplant posted: »

It's actually sad that we can't behead the traitor publicly. Instead we just kill him brutally inside our home and barely any people actually sees this

• edited October 2016

Oh, just remembered another reason I didn't go through with this;

Duncan's model hates me and never wanted to work.

(Also why his face isn't shown in the Part 3 Flashback)

AU Hiatus Thing #5 - Abandoned Traitor Scene Flashback Back while I was making Part 2 - this predates even the Part 1 Redux - I had p

• I don't care what reasoning Duncan had, he betrayed House Forrester and did more harm than good. It is his fault that Rodrik or Asher died (Rodrik in my game), and it is his fault that the Whitehills knew everything about their plans. I also wish he would have been publicly beheaded, it would have been much more satisfying than just stabbing him through the heart like it was in the game.

• Oh, I'm not defending his actions by any means - just saying he would have been more remorseful had I done this scene, as he came across uncharacteristically arrogant in canon. He super duper fucked up either way.

I don't care what reasoning Duncan had, he betrayed House Forrester and did more harm than good. It is his fault that Rodrik or Asher died (

Sign in to comment in this discussion.