what games are you playing?

Comments

• I heard that not only it's best RE game of the franchise and the last good one

Not true. Revelations 1 and 2 are great as well, and to me personally, far superior to 4.

AronDracula posted: »

Bro, you missed the reply button. Whatever 0 is a lot like the original You don't say because Rebecca is the PC in that game

• edited December 2016

I just 100%ed Gunstar Heroes, man that ending was incredible and I got sad that Green saved us in a heroic way. I'm working on the Vintage classic trilogy of Streets of Rage now. I bought Double Dragon Neon ages ago for $3 and recently played it. I hated it and felt that it was inferior to old Double Dragon on the NES. I would up deleting it.

• Just finished Watch Dogs 2 today..Enjoyed it far beyond the first game. Currently continuing Mafia 3 and just started Final Fantasy 15

• edited December 2016

I just got 100% in Sega Vintage Classics: Streets of Rage trilogy. I thought that the third was garbage and I never want to play it again. The first two were amazing. My favorite is probably the first one. During boss fights it's all skill and zero luck. In the second game it requires skill and luck to defeat most of the bosses. X was way more fun to defeat in the first and was just annoying in the second game. I loved playing as Blaze (the female fighter). I just got 100% in Galaga. I guess it's back to Kingdoms of Amalur lol. I'm so happy that I finally got 100% in Galaga. Another dream of mine fulfilled.

• The Wolf Among Us. I only watched a let's play of this game when it was new, but have finally decided to play it myself. I don't remember much of it, so it'll feel like a new game to me.

• Just 100% Ori and the blind forest on hard.
    Next Ori and the blind forest 1-life

• enter image description here
    WEEEEEEEE!

Though things can get a little (OK, a lot) buggy here in Willamette...

enter image description here
    (insert X-Files theme, etc)

...I'm having a jolly good time. Isn't that what counts?

enter image description here

• A minimal amount of research assumes this is Deadrising. A bit of context for the last two pictures? Aren't these games just beat'em-up/cannon fodder enemy games? I don't really get what's going on in the last two. Am I just completely wrong here?

Dozurany posted: »

WEEEEEEEE! Though things can get a little (OK, a lot) buggy here in Willamette... (insert X-Files theme, etc) ...I'm having a jolly good time. Isn't that what counts?

• Right you are! Finally got a chance today to sit down and play through the first chunk of the latest installment. And yep, the basics haven't changed much. Hordes of zombies and a weapon crafting system that provides some really entertaining ways of dealing with said hordes. Lots of outfits and Capcom character costumes.

Since you're a snarky reporter, you can take pictures of the mayhem, and they've added selfie mode. I've run into a fair amount of oddities and glitchiness, so the second picture of the floating ax is an example. In my Haggar attire of course.

The last one I didn't really expect. Your cam has a night vision mode for you to explore very dark places. I snuck up on a zombie to kill it, and this is what happened.

Apologies, I should have explained a bit more

Johro posted: »

A minimal amount of research assumes this is Deadrising. A bit of context for the last two pictures? Aren't these games just beat'em-up/ca

• The last one is a neat little thing they put in the game then.

Dozurany posted: »

Right you are! Finally got a chance today to sit down and play through the first chunk of the latest installment. And yep, the basics have

• Overwatch, GTA 5, CS:GO. That's all. These games will keep me busy until the premiere of twd:anf is released

• I love Dead Rising, thanks for the share.

Johro posted: »

The last one is a neat little thing they put in the game then.

• edited December 2016

The demos to Divinity II and Arcana 4:Gothic on 360. I wished that there were demos to the three Risen games. I'm in the process of moving so I need to buy some things for my new place. I was planning on getting an Xbox One for Christmas, yet I found a good deal on a new place and took it. I'll pick up the One later next year. Since the Risen games are very cheap now (the first two are $5, the third is $17) and I'm intrigued by Arcana 4 and Divinity II as they are $5 each, I'll probably just get them and stick with them for awhile. Two Worlds II is $5 and also looks really fun.

AngeloMC21 posted: »

Overwatch, GTA 5, CS:GO. That's all. These games will keep me busy until the premiere of twd:anf is released

• edited December 2016

I've completed Final Fantasy XV's story at 57 hours (I did a lot of expoloration, some hunts and quite a lot if sidequests) and I'm now at 70+ hours into it. Seeing as it's a game I've waited so long for (10 years) I would like to go for Platinum. But I feel like I can already do a review on it.

Regarding the story, I have some mixed feelings about it. On one hand, it has a lot of potential and many great ideas and setup. On the other hand, it also wastes a lot of it, with the second half of the game feeling very rushed, several things happening off-screen and things just not being well explained for those who have not followed the game's development. They really shouldn't have bothered making Kingsglaive and Brotherhood, and instead put all the stuff from those 2 things in the game. I guess some suit at SE probably wanted the team to prove to gamers that this game wasn't a hallway simulator like XIII, but the invasion of Insomnia, along with more interactions between Noctis and Luna or Noctis and Regis, along with more in-game sreentime for Emperor Iedolas, would've made for a far stonger opening act. Instead the Chocobros find out that Insomnia got blown to hell via a newspaper.

I didn't like how Nyx in the movie pretty much replaced Noctis (and of the Kingsglaive members he was the most likeable, as the others either had next to no screentime or were assholes). And then there's also a perfectly good character who Regis could've relied on to do shit for him. Cor "The Immortal" Leonis, who was probably only included im the game because he was heavily featured in the 2013-2014 trailers, and they didn't need more backlash than what they got for replacing Stella with Luna. And speaking of Stella, I don''t know why people get so hung up on her. We literally just saw her in 2 scenes, one of which was cg that had been removed by 2011. Looking back Stella felt more like a conceptual character. Doesn't help they had, at some point, changed her backstory to where she was Noctis' childhood friend. Just like Luna. And the scenes from Brotherhood could've been used in-game, to have more scenes with Regis, and how the Bros became friends with Noct in the first place.

And then there are some inconsistencies I noticed in Kingsglaive and Brotherhood. In Kingsglaive there is 0 mention that Luna is the Oracle, that she has magical powers and can speak with the Gods, along with no mention at all of Gentiana. Also, a more spoilery inconsistency, but one Tabata talked about and was shown in trailerss, is Insomnia. in the movie it looked a lot more like a European-ish city, while in the game I felt it retained the japanese feel of the Versus trailers. And in Brotherhood, on a smaller note there is an inconsistency with the ages of Umbra and Pryna. In Bortherhood they were little puppies, yet in the flashbacks of when Noctis and Luna were 8 and 12 respectively, they look the same as in the present. And on a bit of a larger note, there's that daemon that nearly killed Noctis when he was a child, it is never mentioned in-game at all. I don't even think it's an enemy type in the game.

Most characters just come and go and you never see them again. I was actually surprised Aranea Highwind became a recurring character. She went from being some dragoon mook boss who pole dances and shows off her panties in the Versus days, to having a decent presence in the story. Oh and at some point, between 2011 and now, she finally bought a pair of pants.

Ending is beautiful though and it is preceeded by a pretty well directed and emotional cg scene. And the in-engine following it also looks great and is well directed. It's weird. The CG scenes in the game had the same director as Kingsglaive, and yet they all flow several times better than anything in that movie, are more visually creative, etc.

I was honestly tearing up in one of the credits sequences, thanks to one special thing and the Stand By Me cover by Florence + the Machine. The other credits sequences were great too, with Florence's Too Much is Never Enough, and Somnus Nemoris.

The soundtrack in general is just excellent. Nox Aeterna, Ravus Aeterna, Somnus Nemoris, Omnis Lacrima, Apocalypsis Noctis and Apocalypsis Aquarius, Luna's theme, etc. Best soundtrack in a game this year by far, and even compared to the last few years, imo. Yoko Shimomura truly is a Goddess of music.

As for more things regarding the story, well I won't spoil it, though I will say that it becomes a lot darker and more depressing during the second half. The bros aren't the most interesting of individuals, but their interactions are great and they have some really great chemistry, which helps sell the roadtrip aspect of the story.

The voice acting, well I played with the japanese dub which was great. For the english dub I'd say that Gladiolus' is the one that's flatout bad.

Game is probably the best looking open world RPG on consoles atm. There's a real sense of scake and the environments have a lot of geometry. That is without mentioning the lighting wich looks very, very good with PBR and mix of real-time and Baked GI. LoD is better than in previous demos, and most importantly of all, it runs a lot better. No more drops to the low 20s on PS4 and sub 20 on XBO, with better IQ to boot.

And I really like the gameplay. I'd say it's vastly improved over the previous demos, especially thanks to better inpht response among other things such as more weapon variety and magic crafting, and the royal arms and summons. I'd like to see someone beat the game by just holding down O.

I found the dungeons to be pretty fun, but I think I'm in the minority. I like how for a lot of them there is no handholding and they like to fuck with you. Though from what I understand, it's because they are glitchy? With the exception of the dungeon where you're climbing the volcano dungeon, which fixed itself upon restarting the game, it fixed itself. At keast it's not like The Witcher 3, where I had to wait from a few weeks to a few months for them to actually fix a lot of the glitched quests (and overall it was a glitchier game, what with even npc animations being kinda fucked for a while).

Like with TW3, those playing FFXV a few moths down the line will have a much better experience, thanks to the addition of new cutscenes, QoL improvements, fixes, etc. Already this month there is supposed to be a 60fps patch for the PS4 Pro, New Game+, a level cap creator (can't wait to see lv.1 runs), a free holiday pack and a new lv.99 superboss (the CEO of SE).

All in all, I'd say for a game that was in development hell for 10 years, and with the current version being developed in barely 3 years, I'd say the game turned out pretty well. I'd probably rate it somewhere from 8.5 to a 9.

I'll be keeping my eye on the upcoming DLCs for the bros, the online exoansion, QoL imorovements, new cutscenes, etc. I hope they go through wirh the idea of making an Episode Luna DLC... and then episodes Aranea, Cor and Iris.

• Killing foor 2. It's all I've got time for.

• never winter nights 2.

• So I'm playing Skyrim: Special Edition now. It's my first time playing Skyrim without playing something else or watching something else at the same time. Yeah. I'm not a huge fan. The writing really misses the mark for me. I don't care about anyone, anything happening or why I'm doing anything. It feels like I'm playing a game where I've already finished the main story. The characters are missing that desperation in their dialogue. Characters whom don't even acknowledge that half of their village is dead due to a story event, is pretty unacceptable to me.

Yes, I am comparing this to games of the same era in my mind. I'm still playing it. I'm enjoying it for the most part. I just don't care about anything and that really bothers me.

• Going to begin The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt today, never played anything like it before so I'm pretty excited!

• Tell Tale Back to the Future. I just completed episode 3 and am going to shut it off tonight and finish episodes 4 and 5 tomorrow so no spoilers please. Wow it's incredible and yes it took me some time to get used to, yet when you know what to do (I've been following a guide) it's really fun. The humor and great game play is there. It's a heck of a lot better than that awful part 3 movie. Someone said to think of this game as part 4 of the movie. I'll say it's the real part 3. The writing has blown me away and so has the acting. After I complete this I'll definitely get Jurassic Park even though most hate it. It's still Tell Tale and the last older one that I want to play.

• So am I. I'm gonna buy it tomorrow.

Going to begin The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt today, never played anything like it before so I'm pretty excited!

• Tomorrow, I'm gonna buy Batman Return to Arkham, The Witcher 3 and some pounds for Playstation Store to get The Walking Dead Season 3, Resident Evil 4 and probably Resident Evil 0.

• Was having great fun on MW remastered with my mates. Brings back good memories

• Playing my actual first proper playthrough of Resident Evi 4 on PS4. I only ever played it with my brother's grinded clear save where infinite rpg and the tommy gun was available cuz I'm a cheap ass. Firstly, lemme say it at the started hurt my eyes when the old graphics had no motion blur and was HD. Not use to it. lol Anyway, I am having a good time right now. I'm being very conservative and strategic, only stunning, kicking and knifing down enemies unless they're the stronger enemies. I just finished the chapter where I first met Ashley and so far I'm doing pretty good with loads of ammo and grenades with 3 health items.

• Final fantasy 15

Its better than I thought it would be I dont even miss turn based play I actually want the ffvii remake to follow suit and have the same combat, I would have considered this fighting style blasphemy a few years ago.

• edited December 2016

Great choice, W3 is fantastic but I'd recommend playing the previous games first however you can just watch this video

Also a considerable amount of the game's story relies on the books so you might wanna check those but don't let me discourage you! after all The Witcher 3 is mostlly a standalone game.

Going to begin The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt today, never played anything like it before so I'm pretty excited!

• I already watched it :D Thanks anyway.

shayan80 posted: »

Great choice, W3 is fantastic but I'd recommend playing the previous games first however you can just watch this video Also a conside

• I'm playing Resident Evil 4. I don't know what I think of it yet. I reached Chapter 3.

• The VII Remake looks more KH-ish than XV. Well, at least at last year's PSX, we haven't seen it since (something tells me part 1 won't make it to the 20th anniversary).

Final fantasy 15 Its better than I thought it would be I dont even miss turn based play I actually want the ffvii remake to follow suit and have the same combat, I would have considered this fighting style blasphemy a few years ago.

• Still playing Final Fantasy XV. I nearly have the platinum trophy and when I get it there'll still be an awful lot of things to do in the game.

Seriously, when you finish the main story the post-game content is amazing, I'm enjoying it more now since finishing the storyline.

• I'm replaying Mass Effect, and after finally getting back to the third one, I've been reminded that it takes AN ETERNITY AND A HALF to download (yay, I adore those).

• I've actually been meaning to get back into the original Star Wars Battlefront games. Those were absolutely amazing.

• edited December 2016

I just got every achievement in Tell Tale Back to the future. I was clueless about the gameplay my first playthrough and at first I was hating the gameplay. I had to follow a guide to even complete the game, yet when I was doing a mop up of the achievements that I missed the first time, I started to love the gameplay.

It is in my top 5 TT games now that I have memorized what to do in every episode. The story, voice acting, and characters were all well made.

Walking Dead got me into TT and after I had completed Batman, I wanted another to play. I guess that's why I was struggling with this game as I was used to the gameplay being more like a roller-coaster.

On my next paycheck, I can't wait to buy Tell Tale Jurassic Park. Until then, I'm back to Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning.

• Completed ROTR on ps4

Loved original this was better in terms gameplay just..

I completed all uncharteds multiple times not just gameplay but lot of story beats seemed copied from uncharted.

So sometimes felt predictable and bit drag.

Bit to much climbing, finding way out from tombs was drag and even on high difficulty wasn't enough challenging parts or iconic sections which stand apart from witch mission was awesome for me

Overall game still.awesome experience not to be missed be solid 7 or 8/10

• I only need the trophy you get for maxing out Nictis' fishing skill. Too bad I suck at fishing. Guess I better look up a guide.

At 90 hours+ I don't think I have many sidequests legt, but there I still have a ton of hunts left.

What did you think of the ending?

CathalOHara posted: »

Still playing Final Fantasy XV. I nearly have the platinum trophy and when I get it there'll still be an awful lot of things to do in the ga

• I played Resident Evil 4 a few minutes ago and I'm enjoying it so far, haven't finished it yet though. I heard some people saying that this is not as scary as the previous games, but they were fucking wrong.

• edited December 2016

TWD & GOT and BatMan from telltale are AWESOME

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited December 2016

Playing Battlefield 1, had a really interesting (and annoying) game of Operations last night with a friend.

We were Brits on Oil of Empires and easily wiped out the Turkish Resistance on the first wave. It was a sight to behold. I was getting kills left and right. We cleared out Fao Fortress and the next map in our first attack. Then halfway through Sinai Desert it just stopped and turned into an absolute meat grinder. Snipers on the cliff made it almost certain death to go out in the open. I was playing medic and I spent a all my time just picking people up and using smoke grenades + bayonet charge to reach people to avoid the snipers. I still got pegged every couple revives.

Problem was, we had some asshole who refused to move his tank up and just sat at the spawn being glorified artillery.. He went 36-5 and everyone else failed miserably due to of lack of armor and the inability to get a foothold (a problem worsened by all the do-nothing scouts on our team). Just goes to show how one persons actions can fuck it up for everyone else.

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator
    edited December 2016

Got the platinum trophy myself last night, fishing requires a bit of getting used to but just pay attention to when the controller vibrates and it isn't that hard.

And there's an awful lot to do yeah, I even find it a bit strange getting the platinum trophy doesn't require the completion of most of side quests. Not only that, but this game does have a proper superboss (not Adamantoise) that looks incredibly difficult to kill. I don't know, feel like there could've been harder trophies with the fact the game itself has the content to do so.

I thought the ending was actually fantastic. The game's overall story felt incomplete though, I do think that if the game was more fleshed out with the other characters getting screentime (Revus, Luna and Regis mainly) we could've had a great story, especially since I did like them characters also. What annoys me though is that all the pieces are there, it just felt like the pieces weren't put in place of the overall jigsaw puzzle. The game's ending would've felt more satisfactory if I did care for more characters other than Noctis and his party. At least Square are planning on fixing that though, so I'm glad it won't turn out like another MGSV.

MichaelBP posted: »

I only need the trophy you get for maxing out Nictis' fishing skill. Too bad I suck at fishing. Guess I better look up a guide. At 90 hou

• Just bought: A New Frontier! I'm so stoked! :^)

• Just bought stardewvalley again for the PS4. I have it for PC also, but I wanted to enjoy it while lying in bed. If you are a fan of harvestmoon you really should check this game out. And if you already got it for console please tell me how to rotate items because I still haven't figured it out.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.