Ep 7 Waiting Thread - Episode releasing July 26th across all platforms, New key art

InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
edited July 2016 in Minecraft: Story Mode

Alt text

Please use this thread for discussion about game release dates and/or discussion about the wait for the next episode. Thanks!

Have questions about the Adventure Pass DLC? Check the top of Page 1 for a small (unofficial) FAQ.

Release Dates

• PC/Mac - July 26th
  • Playstation Network NA (PS4/PS3) - July 26th
  • Playstation Network Europe (PS4/PS3) - July 26th
  • Xbox Live (Xbox One/Xbox 360) - July 26th
  • iOS - July 26th
  • Android - July 26th

News

July 18th

July 17th

July 16th

July 15th

July 14th

July 13th:

July 12th

July 11th

June 30th

June 29th

June 15th

• Activity on Steam Database

June 12th

June 11th

June 7th

June 6th

Pass some time and get to know the Telltale Community!

While you are waiting for the episode, why not pass some time by getting to know the Telltale Community? Visit these pages below to talk about stuff that is off topic.

Please try to stick to genuine, on topic posts. This thread is meant for fans of both Minecraft and Telltale to wait for the game. Thanks!

Also, remember that the first rule of the forum guidelines is respect. This includes not just forum users and moderators, but Telltale staff as well. Please don't insult or antagonize anyone, including Telltale staff, for what they post, either on these forums, on the Telltale blog, on the Telltale Facebook page, on Twitter, or elsewhere. The Telltale Terms of Use prohibits behavior that harasses or advocates harassment of another person. We want these forums to be fun to visit for everyone, staff and gamers alike. Thanks. :)

Comments

• Adventure Pass (Episode 6-8 DLC) FAQ

[Unofficial FAQ compiled by Volunteer community Moderators]

(1) What is the Adventure Pass?

The Adventure Pass is a downloadable add-on for Season 1 of Minecraft that adds three more episodes (Episodes 6-8) to Season 1 of Minecraft. You must own at least Episode 1 of Minecraft: Story Mode Season 1 to download the Adventure Pass.

(2) Does the Adventure Pass come for free if I own the Season Pass, or do I need to purchase these extra episodes?

You will need to purchase the three extra episodes, and you must own at least Episode 1 of Minecraft: Story Mode Season 1. They do not come included with the Season Pass for Season 1.

(3) When do episodes from the Adventure Pass premiere?

Episode 6 will premiere June 7th. Episodes 7 and 8 will follow "soon after" in Summer 2016. Stay tuned for more details in the time ahead.

(4) What is the plot behind these extra episodes?

Episodes 6-8 will focus on the adventures of Jesse and his friends after the first four episodes of Season 1. Episode 5 (included with the first Season) will lead into the story for the three extra episodes as DLC. The Telltale blog goes into more detail, saying "these continuing Adventures of the New Order of the Stone will follow the additional escapades of Jesse and the group as they explore new and unfamiliar worlds beyond their own."

(5) Telltale has so many games in development. Will this affect the quality or development time of this game?

No. Since the success of Walking Dead: Season 1, Telltale has sized up from 70 people to near 350 people, and now have five times the amount of staff members they had during Season 1, so multiple projects at once should not be a concern. They now have a big enough staff to work on four projects at once as well as extra staff members to work on side projects.

Even though Telltale announces their projects ahead of time, this doesn't mean that each game is in full production. All games by Telltale Games are first started with a small team of just a few people, who do things common in very early development, such as sorting out the season wide story and working on concept art. As the deadline nears, more people are brought in to work on other things, but it is still a small team. Full production doesn't start until the current seasons wrap up, and seasons that are announced years in advance won't begin full production until long after that. The currently ongoing series also don't affect each other, as different teams are working on each project. Even in the case of shared staff, the work load is light enough for these staff members, that their working between projects doesn't have any affect on the quality or development time of either project.

In an interview with Hollywood Reporter, Kevin Bruner stated that "Telltale's approach to game development is much more like television than most other game developers. Across all of our series — The Walking Dead, Minecraft: Story Mode and more — the development process at Telltale spends a significant amount of time upfront in the writer's rooms not just with writers, but designers, directors and creative input from all across the studio. It's not unusual for our games to exist longer on whiteboards and sticky notes and in scripts than they do in traditional game production. It's incredibly similar to how TV often spends so much time in preproduction and planning before moving into actually shooting."

To see what current and future projects Telltale are working on, follow our "Future of Telltale FAQ" thread for frequent updates!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Now it time for another wait :P

To kill some time while we wait Stampy recorded a behind the scenes video of episode 6, there are some mild spoilers but it's interesting to see some of the recording process :)

enter link description here

• Woohoo episode 7 here we come!!!

• I'm assuming that the DLC is also going to go by monthly releases, so I could see an early July release for Episode 7.

[I am only a volunteer moderator; this is just my personal guess]

• Yeah, it be nice to see more monthly releases. I was pretty happy that they had them with Michonne (although those episodes being a bit longer wouldn't have hurt), and it's more regular.

I'm assuming that the DLC is also going to go by monthly releases, so I could see an early July release for Episode 7. [I am only a volunteer moderator; this is just my personal guess]

• They seem to be hinting at monthly releases continuing for future games as well, so that will definitely be great, I agree. Minecraft Episodes 1-4 also had some timely releases, but those did not have dates given out in advance.

Yeah, it be nice to see more monthly releases. I was pretty happy that they had them with Michonne (although those episodes being a bit longer wouldn't have hurt), and it's more regular.

• Do you think you guys could add the Episode 7 slide on this topic?

• edited June 2016

The red portal and Petra and Ivor battle to Jessie ?? Hmm the episode is evil. Maybe Petra and Ivor is the zombie control. :)

• We prefer to add the episode key art that gets revealed by Telltale closer to release instead.

Do you think you guys could add the Episode 7 slide on this topic?

• They really didnt say what episode 7 was about when captiansparklez was talking.

• adorable..... Reuben?? I know that's unlikely though.

• Guys, I have an idea: Jesee- Reuben, Isa- Benedict, Cassie- Winslow. Best friends-Old builders? I think those pets have something to do with the old builders....

• ...did I miss something, or am I being stupid? Because I honestly thought Benedict was the old builder thingy. Not that I care, because it wasn't really an interesting point in the episode. I actually forgot about the old builder-whatever thingy.

• Benedict was the chicken that laid the spawn eggs. He was what people called the "eversource."

...did I miss something, or am I being stupid? Because I honestly thought Benedict was the old builder thingy. Not that I care, because it wasn't really an interesting point in the episode. I actually forgot about the old builder-whatever thingy.

• Ohhh...I swear I'm getting dumber each day -_-

Benedict was the chicken that laid the spawn eggs. He was what people called the "eversource."

• I don't know if anyone's said this but Eric Stirpe just tweeted he had seen an animation for Episode 7 and said it's adorable

• Weren't the Michonne episodes just short because it was called a mini series not because it came monthly? That's how I thought of it as. Just not episodes that are the same length as Minecraft ep. 2, that Episode I hated.

Yeah, it be nice to see more monthly releases. I was pretty happy that they had them with Michonne (although those episodes being a bit longer wouldn't have hurt), and it's more regular.

• Based on the picture of this episode, I'm guessing you have to choose some kind of hard decision between Ivor and Petra? I mean, it seems like the two haven't gotten that along, or maybe i'm just imagining it. Or, there's something evil about the portal that they're standing in front of. Cannot absolutely goddamn wait, hope the episode comes in July.

• Or they could just be a Pic for the episode just for the sake of not revealing anything.

ZillionJape posted: »

Based on the picture of this episode, I'm guessing you have to choose some kind of hard decision between Ivor and Petra? I mean, it seems li

• Yeah! They could just be entirely tricking us, you never know! I mean, it could just be a bunch of clips of Ivor and Soren dancing.

Or they could just be a Pic for the episode just for the sake of not revealing anything.

• Getting worried now than there's two episodes left.

I feel like this series could go on for a long time. Is a season two looking ljkely?

• Most Telltale series don't get more than five episodes. Even if they do, they don't get a three episode DLC within a very short time after the main Season ends. Minecraft fans have it pretty good if you think on it. ;)

Getting worried now than there's two episodes left. I feel like this series could go on for a long time. Is a season two looking ljkely?

• Can I just point out that in every portal we've gone through so far somewhere in a library you can find a book written by Soren? I have a bad feeling about this.... Firs Isa and now Cassie Rose.... This can't be good.

• I found the book in Episode 5, but I missed the book in Episode 6. Where was it?

Saby511 posted: »

Can I just point out that in every portal we've gone through so far somewhere in a library you can find a book written by Soren? I have a bad feeling about this.... Firs Isa and now Cassie Rose.... This can't be good.

• Lol I watched dans vid

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

In the White Pumpkin's lair to the left on the shelves, you have to look at it twice.

I found the book in Episode 5, but I missed the book in Episode 6. Where was it?

• Wow! Can I just say that Episode 6 was GREAT!? And that feel when your thinking and you get your answer and click the option just milliseconds after you run out of time, dang it Cassie, I knew your cat was Orange, Black, and White! Besides that, cannot wait for episode 7! (Telltale said it would come shortly after 6, right? :D)

• I don't think we've seen the last of these strangely placed Soren books yet.

dojo32161 posted: »

In the White Pumpkin's lair to the left on the shelves, you have to look at it twice.

• Yeah, exactly!

NorthStars posted: »

They really didnt say what episode 7 was about when captiansparklez was talking.

• Hehehehe, yeah "Shortly" in TellTale's terms means a month XD

Wow! Can I just say that Episode 6 was GREAT!? And that feel when your thinking and you get your answer and click the option just millisecon

• I think they are trying to be secretive, since it's self-contained.

I thought the end was pretty funny though.

NorthStars posted: »

They really didnt say what episode 7 was about when captiansparklez was talking.

• Even if they do, they don't get a three episode DLC within a very short time after the main Season ends.

They usually don't get it at all!

Most Telltale series don't get more than five episodes. Even if they do, they don't get a three episode DLC within a very short time after the main Season ends. Minecraft fans have it pretty good if you think on it.

• It's a conspiracy.

Saby511 posted: »

I don't think we've seen the last of these strangely placed Soren books yet.

I loved how the lightning flashed anytime they said murderer.

• Meh... you're right.

Hehehehe, yeah "Shortly" in TellTale's terms means a month XD

• Yeah it was funny, especially in broad daylight.

Nice to see some behind the scenes.

OzzyUK posted: »

Now it time for another wait :P To kill some time while we wait Stampy recorded a behind the scenes video of episode 6, there are some mild spoilers but it's interesting to see some of the recording process enter link description here

• "I am the MURDERER!" - Cassie

Then lightning hits.

• I haven't played Ep. 6 yet (but I know stuff like Cassie, and TorqueDawg) but please don't spoil anything.
    I'm just wondering if there was any 'NEXT TIME ON MINECRAFT STORY MODE...'?

• LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL The white pumpkin more like witte pooompkin

Sign in to comment in this discussion.