TWD Season 3 at E3 2016 - Discuss News, Interviews, Articles, major reveals about the game here

Comments

• I could see Javier as a reincarnation of Luke as sort of a Guardian Angel watching over her. I can also sense the a little bit of Lee's Spirit in him as well.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

that brother and sister dynamic again ... what if the spirit of luke is in javier and he's protecting clementine in the afterlife this is my crack theory ...it's too late for me too, isn't it ;-;

• Okay, General Ripper.

bossmanham posted: »

Let's hope he's not a commie.

• Please no.
    I see this as a possibility though. ):

EARLY PREDICTION Clementine dies in Episode 5 and Javier is the main PC for Season 4.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited June 2016

Kenny, especially. Kenny's pretty much the third biggest and iconic character behind Clementine and Lee. Whether you like him or not, you can't deny that he's easily one of the most recognizable and iconic characters of the game.

They can't just toss aside a character that's been extensively involved in the series for over 4 years now. Not without giving him a worthy goodbye, at the very least.

Poogers555 posted: »

I dont want to sound inconsiderate, but I feel like Jane and Kenny are way higher up on the "major and controversial" character scale then Nick and Christa. Also I think Telltale doesnt want to make the same mistake as Nick.

• Nobody can replace Luke, not ever, but Clem can sure as hell have a second older bro >.> I am open to this.

Anyway, Javier's nose is puny! Nothing godlike about it like Luke's, and I bet you anything he doesn't have a major in art history.

ZapThroat posted: »

Does anyone find it weird that @Lilacsbloom hasn't shown up yet? I thought she would be the most excited for this teaser since Telltale found a way to replace Luke for her.

• It's possible and more likely that it wasn't a bite. Doesn't make sense how Clem would be bitten on one finger, a shorter finger at that, and no others. I say it's a human inflicted injury.

SemiSweet posted: »

Missed you dearly, Clem! Glad to have her back. I'm intrigued to know how she got that bite, she's usually so careful.

• ...he's marked for death, isn't he?

I could see Javier as a reincarnation of Luke as sort of a Guardian Angel watching over her. I can also sense the a little bit of Lee's Spirit in him as well.

• edited June 2016

Okay, this comment is broken I think. Ignore it.

• Man, I was also like 'enter image description here' too!

• edited June 2016

Not like they'd have a whole lot of option in weaponry. Especially firearms.

AronDracula posted: »

Yep, I'm kinda sick to see Glock being so overused.

• Goddamit, I don't know why these images aren't working. Whatever.

Man, I was also like 'enter image description here' too!

• Because no images can describe the hype?

Goddamit, I don't know why these images aren't working. Whatever.

• I noticed those too.

Eirahcaz posted: »

Is that me or are these two holes behind her cap are bullet holes???

• He possessed him after the lake!

Crack theory is legit. None can question it!

And noooo, not you too! You were supposed to escape and name your kid after me, now we'll both perish if this hecks up! ;_; we won't surviiiive.

that brother and sister dynamic again ... what if the spirit of luke is in javier and he's protecting clementine in the afterlife this is my crack theory ...it's too late for me too, isn't it ;-;

• Given they did that with Sarah and Duck by killing them off, I would not be surprised if they tried.

ZapThroat posted: »

Hopefully if AJ doesn't become walker-food, Christa shows up and takes care of him to fulfill the gap in her that her unborn child left, possibly even creating a new and interesting subplot for the little boy.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited June 2016

The trailer's on Telltale YouTube now

enter link description here

• Fixed?

• edited June 2016

But Job stated, that it Comes out "Around August" in the IGN Reveal Interview.

Edit: Fuck. Nevermind that. He was Talking about Batman. Damnit.

It will be way later than August, we only get more news at San Diego Comic Con, which is around July 20 I think, and Telltale has already stated the game will come out in fall (September 21 - December 21)

• That's my kind of pre apocalyptic robot right there.

• [removed]

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Nobody can replace Luke, not ever, but Clem can sure as hell have a second older bro >.> I am open to this. Anyway, Javier's nose is puny! Nothing godlike about it like Luke's, and I bet you anything he doesn't have a major in art history.

• Yeah, I hope so!

I don't see why it wouldn't be

• IN 1080P 60 FPS Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dojo32161 posted: »

The trailer's on Telltale YouTube now enter link description here

• edited June 2016

enter image description here Guys, don't worry, Kenny's back

• I'm open to it. I would rather just play Clem, but there are a lot of possibilities with multiple protagonists. Tales and Thrones were great, now let's see how TWD handles it.

AsheRodrik posted: »

I don't want to play as Javier!!!

• I wish I'd recorded myself now, but I was so scared. God I'm still scared. Javier could be a total douchebag!

Ugh, I feel all giddy now. This is bad, very bad!

I honestly thought about how you'd react to this new brother-sister dynamic as soon as I saw Javier walking next to Clementine.

Info on the blog.

• enter image description here

Oh fuck people are already shipping Clem and Javier.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited June 2016

Blog is up:

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/106884/sneak-peek-at-telltale-s-next-season-of-the-walking-dead-revealed-at-e3

On Sunday afternoon in Los Angeles, Telltale joined IGN to reveal the world's first sneak peek at the next season of 'The Walking Dead' series, set to premiere this fall.

It's just a brief glimpse, and we're not yet ready to confirm a whole lot about exactly what it means... but there's a lot of fodder in there for speculation.

So what CAN we say about this upcoming season? For a start, who's that guy with Clementine? His name is Javier. Yes, Clem returns and will play a key role, but this is a new story as much as it is a continuation of Seasons One and Two. Players completely new to the Telltale series will be able to jump right in without feeling lost at all, and those familiar with previous seasons will perhaps find some even deeper meaning, as we'll be working to ensure save file decisions will carry over from the last two games if you've played them in the past.

When it comes to Clementine, players' relationships with her have very much evolved over the course of Seasons One and Two. In Season One, it was all about playing a more paternal role and helping a little girl find her feet and the courage to survive in a world gone to hell. Season Two was about Clementine developing her skills and becoming more independent of the people around her. In this next season, she's in her early teens, and has grown to be a person who is clearly capable of handling herself - someone very much on the same level as Javier, a fellow survivor who has been through hell, and has managed to remain alive as long as Clem.

Clem has also been through a lot since we left her at the end of Season Two... and depending on the paths players may have taken with her in the past, she may or may not be exactly the same person we knew back then. You'll play as both Javier and Clementine through the course of the season, but exactly how that works is one of the exciting details we're not quite yet ready to reveal.

Be sure to check out that teaser, and let us know what you think! We're thrilled to be able to share this with you. Stay tuned for more info on this new season as we head towards the premiere this fall!

edited June 2016

Well if he is a douchebag that'll be on you since you are controlling him.

I wish I'd recorded myself now, but I was so scared. God I'm still scared. Javier could be a total douchebag! Ugh, I feel all giddy now. This is bad, very bad!

• Oh God, I'm going to be sick. Fuck you Lexi.

• I haven't logged into this website since september of last year, hey everyone. I see some familiar people are still here, season 3 hype train amirite?

• You are right!

MayorMilk posted: »

I haven't logged into this website since september of last year, hey everyone. I see some familiar people are still here, season 3 hype train amirite?

• Climb aboard, dude!

MayorMilk posted: »

I haven't logged into this website since september of last year, hey everyone. I see some familiar people are still here, season 3 hype train amirite?

• petition to have this in season 3

instead of the african part we can have walker groans

it's too late. at least we die happy. ;-;

He possessed him after the lake! Crack theory is legit. None can question it! And noooo, not you too! You were supposed to escape and name your kid after me, now we'll both perish if this hecks up! ;_; we won't surviiiive.

• edited June 2016

[Final Episode of Season 3]

Javier: Hey you drop your cap near this conveniently propped up piece of cardboard hiding a walker-

Clem: NO!

Javier: I'm telling you we should just cross the ice, it'll be much faster-

Clem: I have a gun ಠ_ಠ

It'll be like Final Destination. Clementine will keep going around every episode trying to stop Javier from getting himself killed.

...he's marked for death, isn't he?

• She scares me. If she was a dude, she'd be in jail probably.

This discussion has been closed.