Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Some of those drawings look like
    some kind of underwater vessel
    . Maybe an episode will take place underwater as suggested elsewhere in the forum...
  • edited August 2009
    completely underwater? nah...but i assume
    the contraption in the journal is a one man sub, probably to recover the sponge thingy
    ...so you might be underwater, but not much longer than in the previous games.
  • edited August 2009
    The non-tiki way to get map #8 is active. To get the map without messing with the tiki
    take a look around the front page of mixnmojo.com
  • edited August 2009
    There's also today's blog post here: http://worldofmi.com/index2.php

It looks like it's probably all about the same map, though.
  • edited August 2009
    Thespis wrote: »
    The non-tiki way to get map #8 is active. To get the map without messing with the tiki
    take a look around the front page of mixnmojo.com

i cant find anything
  • edited August 2009
    prizna wrote: »
    i cant find anything

Notice
    anything unusual in the upper right hand corner, like the corner of a page being pulled down?
  • edited August 2009
    Notice
    anything unusual in the upper right hand corner, like the corner of a page being pulled down?

Thankyou,

If i click it will i get the map, or just the prize with the map already completed?
  • edited August 2009
    prizna wrote: »
    Thankyou,

If i click it will i get the map, or just the prize with the map already completed?

You'll get the map.
  • edited August 2009
    thanks again
  • edited August 2009
    I can't seem to get the second map working. I finished the first one, and the site tells me that I have the next one ready, but when I start the treasure hunt I just get the first map, but I still have the idol in my inventory. What do I do?

Could this be because I installed the demo and started the treasure hunt, and then bought and unlocked the full game with the serial?
  • edited August 2009
    There's also today's blog post here: http://worldofmi.com/index2.php

It looks like it's probably all about the same map, though.

They are. Found it in http://talesofmi.net , looking where it is in worldofmi and miwiki.net just for fun.
  • edited August 2009
    Spadge wrote: »
    Does the journal belong to Coronado? All evidence points to that.

I'd say "Property of Coronado de Cava" written next to the map is a pretty good indicator. :D
  • edited August 2009
    I have two sets of the same avatars, is this normal?
  • edited August 2009
    Bobbin wrote: »
    I have two sets of the same avatars, is this normal?

If they are treasure maps 2 & 3, yes. There is another duplicate pair among the ones with discount codes.
  • edited August 2009
    Yeah it is. It's because some of the maps are available only via Wii and the others only available via PC, so consequently, Telltale have made the avatars available for both console users via 2 different Tiki combinations. Same with the 50% off a Season Discount code.

Oh and the Journal pages looks interesting, making me even more anxious for the rest of the season. :)
  • edited August 2009
    Hey, I'm a real newbie at this. I got the first map, found the idol and the next map, went to the web page and got the wallpaper, entered the idol's face.. The internet page tells me that I've collected map #2, but not completed it yet. But i can not see the next map in the game yet. It's still "behind" the idol in my inventory. Maybe I'm supposed to go to a specific place in the game, to "activate" the map or something?
    -Clementina
  • edited August 2009
    Is the prize for map 8 a new prize or an old prize I could get from episode 1 wiiware version.
  • edited August 2009
    no, it's something completely new..
    Clementina wrote: »
    Maybe I'm supposed to go to a specific place in the game, to "activate" the map or something?

are you playing pc or wii version? the tiki codes are meant for the wii version, 'cause the wii can't send information to the telltale website. the pc version should send the completion information automatically.
    if you enter the tiki code, the map will be marked as solved on the site and you can claim the prize. you cannot replay the map though..at least i think so.
  • edited August 2009
    wisp wrote: »
    no, it's something completely new..

are you playing pc or wii version? the tiki codes are meant for the wii version, 'cause the wii can't send information to the telltale website. the pc version should send the completion information automatically.
    if you enter the tiki code, the map will be marked as solved on the site and you can claim the prize. you cannot replay the map though..at least i think so.

Your answer is what I'd have said on first read but having re-read it, I don't think she/he's asking about tiki codes. It appears she's playing the PC version and the website hasn't sent her map 2.

Are you connected to the web when you play the game? They have a 2way connection (ie. the game tells the website when a map is completed and the website tells the game when a new map is available). Also, perhaps you need to follow the link to the first prize before the 2nd map is sent to the game.

Anyhoo, if you want another couple of maps, follow these links:

map 7
    map 8
  • edited August 2009
    I've found 1, 2, 6, 7 & 8 and all of the prizes are just awesome! There are no more yet are there?
  • edited August 2009
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Your answer is what I'd have said on first read but having re-read it, I don't think she/he's asking about tiki codes. It appears she's playing the PC version and the website hasn't sent her map 2.
    Clementina wrote: »
    But i can not see the next map in the game yet. It's still "behind" the idol in my inventory.

if the map is in the inventory, but "behind" the idol...that would mean, that the map is marked as solved however. so i thought, i may be a result of entering the tiki code.
    clementina, do you have one or two items in your inventory in the game? all the maps stay in the inventory, when they are solved. if you indeed have only map #1 with the tiki over it and didn't get the second one, then someone from telltale support should be able to fix it...
    ...also, you need to go to the website and claim your prize for the beginner map first, since map #2 is part of the prize. just in case you didn't do that already.
  • edited August 2009
    I've found 1, 2, 6, 7 & 8 and all of the prizes are just awesome! There are no more yet are there?

Map 6? I thought that was one of the Wii maps. Where was the link given to unlock it?
  • edited August 2009
    Shmeh wrote: »
    Map 6? I thought that was one of the Wii maps. Where was the link given to unlock it?

I can't actually remember to be honest. I can't remember. But the map is called the Owchee map and it has the monkey coffin on it. I may have unlocked the map by using the tiki god thing where it says "Have a Code?". But I really can't remember... I got another 50% off coupon as a prize though! Seeing as how I have accidentally unlocked one of the wii maps, is there a map 9?
  • edited August 2009

Ah, there we go! I've just guessed two more! Map 3 is called the Thikikan map which has the unbreakable bottle on the front and the 4th is called Dshrahg and it has the breath mints on the front! I'll try for 5!
  • edited August 2009

There we go, got map 5! It has the cheese wheel on the front of it and it's called the Vrum map.
  • edited August 2009
    if the map is in the inventory, but "behind" the idol...that would mean, that the map is marked as solved however. so i thought, i may be a result of entering the tiki code.
    clementina, do you have one or two items in your inventory in the game? all the maps stay in the inventory, when they are solved. if you indeed have only map #1 with the tiki over it and didn't get the second one, then someone from telltale support should be able to fix it...
    ...also, you need to go to the website and claim your prize for the beginner map first, since map #2 is part of the prize. just in case you didn't do that already.

Give this man a cookie! :D:p
  • edited August 2009
    Maybe it's been said/asked before, but I am unable to open the prize for the ESK'GROH treasure...

Windows tells me the zip is corrupted.

Anything I can do to fix this
  • edited August 2009
    What did you try to open with? Some people have mentioned this problem before. I used Winrar and didn't have any problem.
  • edited August 2009
    jortlaban wrote: »
    Maybe it's been said/asked before, but I am unable to open the prize for the ESK'GROH treasure...

Windows tells me the zip is corrupted.

Anything I can do to fix this

yeah
    EDIT: Also, for the treasure hunting maps for future episodes(if there are going to be any) will I be able to still use the episode 1demo to get them, or will I have to get the episode 2 demo.
  • edited August 2009
    Eduardo wrote: »
    What did you try to open with? Some people have mentioned this problem before. I used Winrar and didn't have any problem.
    Windows Explorer, Winzip and WinRar... all three said they couldn't open it, corrupted file... even after several tries of downloading.
  • edited August 2009
    Eduardo wrote: »

Tried that just now,... works like a charm.... Thanks!

but why do you need to do it this way anyway????
  • edited August 2009
    I just tried some tiki code and it unlocked almost the maps without playing hunting, it's not fun Telltale :(
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited August 2009
    I just tried some tiki code and it unlocked almost the maps without playing hunting, it's not fun Telltale :(

It's not Telltale's fault either. Why would you try random tiki codes?
    You just have yourself to blame...
  • edited August 2009

Don't blame them. You didn't have to mess with that tiki.

If you email them apologising for being a very bad boy, they might reset it for you.

EDIT: Sorry Macfly77, didn't see your reply there!
  • edited August 2009

I know 2 people have replied to this already, but telltale put the codes there so WIIWARE users could get the prizes, if you have the PC version, you wouldn't have to mess with it at all.
  • edited August 2009
    But after finished the 2 first maps, I didn't get anymore.... :(
  • edited August 2009
    this is correct. any other maps for the pc versions need to be added via some links. look arounnd this thread and you should find some hints or even the links themselves. the maps for the pc version are 1,2,7 and 8. maps 3 to 6 are included in the wii version.
  • edited August 2009
    this is correct. any other maps for the pc versions need to be added via some links. look arounnd this thread and you should find some hints or even the links themselves. the maps for the pc version are 1,2,7 and 8. maps 3 to 6 are included in the wii version.

For those that are lazy...
    tbm1986 wrote: »

Are you connected to the web when you play the game? They have a 2way connection (ie. the game tells the website when a map is completed and the website tells the game when a new map is available). Also, perhaps you need to follow the link to the first prize before the 2nd map is sent to the game.

Anyhoo, if you want another couple of maps, follow these links:

map 7
    map 8
  • edited August 2009
    I'll admit it
    I got some prices by messing with that tikki thing.
    Anyway Prices 2(PC) and 3(wii) are the sames as well as 6(wii) and 7(pc).
    Is it supposed to be like that?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.