Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Seriously TTG, there needs to be a prize with discounts on swag. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has bought and intends to buy more swag from the store. :)
  • edited August 2009
    oddbasket wrote: »
    Seriously TTG, there needs to be a prize with discounts on swag. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has bought and intends to buy more swag from the store. :)

You can use the $5 off coupon on anything you want.
  • edited August 2009
    i really want to know if the treasure hunting is meant by TTG that we have to play around with the code statue function to get new cards and prizes... oO

maybe they wont accept your coupons because you cheated to get them earlier.
  • edited August 2009
    i really want to know if the treasure hunting is meant by TTG that we have to play around with the code statue function to get new cards and prizes... oO

It's not cheating, they're available to anyone. There are just 4 codes that you can only get either by playing the Wii version, or by playing with the tiki at random.
  • edited August 2009

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=173198&postcount=11

- Will TTG
    Wii maps are set, they can't update from the web (rules we have to abide by). As for the exploits you are welcome to enjoy the fruits of their labor for now. Those are totally valid for the moment, but you may want to act fast (and tell your friends) in case we change our minds!

I think that post was missing only a wink smile. The "tell your friends" part is pretty telling...

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=173338&postcount=15

- Kevin TTG
    I'd like to reiterate that this is not an exploit! Some people have brute forced their way to the maps that are in the Wii version of the game, but those maps are in fact public information, and a few hours with the Wii version would get you all these codes. There is no exploit! We'll be turning on more maps as time goes on, so just because a code doesn't do anything today doesn't mean it won't do something interesting tomorrow! We've put the discounts, etc there for you to use, so have fun!

PC Gamers aren't suffering at all! PC users will get to explore more maps (and win more stuff) as the season goes along!
  • edited August 2009
    thank you very much for that answer!
    now i wont must have a guilty conscience :)
  • edited August 2009
    I'm surprised nobody's cottoned onto the fact that this is a sneaky way for TellTale to get us into their other games. I like it and think it's very clever. So what if they miss out on $15 from Sam & Max S1? They'll get that back when you buy S&M2. The "tell your friends" thing is a nice free PR machine.
  • edited August 2009
    i don't think it's that sneaky...actually it's pretty obvious. monkey island got them probably the most attention until now and giving new users a little bonus to encourage them to try the other products as well...i'm sure you learn stuff like that at your first day in marketing school. ;)
  • edited August 2009
    It doesn't help us loyal Telltalers that /already/ have all the games. I'm holding onto my 50% off a season voucher hoping that it'll still be valid when Sam and Max Season 3 comes out :)
  • edited August 2009
    Molokov wrote: »
    It doesn't help us loyal Telltalers that /already/ have all the games. I'm holding onto my 50% off a season voucher hoping that it'll still be valid when Sam and Max Season 3 comes out :)

This :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2009
    Molokov wrote: »

I have yet to own a couple, though...
  • edited August 2009
    Has anybody actually found the 8th treasure yet?
  • edited August 2009
    oddbasket wrote: »

Speaking of which, add more swag to the store! We want plushies! :D
  • edited August 2009
    I just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm running IE8 on a Windows Vista 32bit laptop and had the same problem with the zip file. Someone recommended using a download manager; but I didn't want to install one of those on my computer.

But then I remembered that the Google Chrome browser has a built-in download manager. So I downloaded the latest version of the Chrome browser and downloaded and extracted the zip file just fine.

If you're willing to install another browser on your computer to get the avatars; give Chrome a try (it worked for me). You'll likely want to watch-out and make sure you don't agree to make Chrome your default browser though.

Just thought I'd share my 2-cents.

-belcaw :cool:
  • edited August 2009
    I just "found" the 8th treasure map. I guess it can be unlocked with the tiki now, but I managed to get it without the tiki so I could play it.

The prize is
    nothing yet
  • edited August 2009
    What do you mean? Does
    the prize page fails to load, is it empty, or it actually says "nothing yet"
    ?

I think I can guess how you unlocked the map,
    Haighno
    , right?
  • edited August 2009
    Eduardo wrote: »
    What do you mean? Does
    the prize page fails to load, is it empty, or it actually says "nothing yet"
    ?
    It loads but it's empty
    I think I can guess how you unlocked the map,
    Haighno
    , right?
    What does
    Haighno
    mean?
  • edited August 2009
    Just checking the name of the new god.
  • edited August 2009
    For anyone interested in the 8th map unlock:
    I unlocked Haighno by keeping the eyes and nose the same as default and moving the mouth one to the left I believe.
  • edited August 2009
    I got the map not by messing the tiki, but by something similar to how you get map 7.
  • edited August 2009
    Just checking the name of the new god.
    I see, yes
    Haighno, God of winds that Blow Up Skirts that Really Should Stay Down
  • edited August 2009
    I got the map not by messing the tiki, but by something similar to how you get map 7.

Did you just type in ?
  • edited August 2009
    Yip
  • edited August 2009
    I beat the puzzle & didn't get the prize... what gives?

On a side note... I think it would be cool if they gave a free episode away as a prize (but limit it somehow... like giving a random episode away or make it so that you can only redeem it on the 1st episode of any season.). That would be awesome.
  • edited August 2009
    Belcaw wrote: »
    I just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm running IE8 on a Windows Vista 32bit laptop and had the same problem with the zip file. Someone recommended using a download manager; but I didn't want to install one of those on my computer.

But then I remembered that the Google Chrome browser has a built-in download manager. So I downloaded the latest version of the Chrome browser and downloaded and extracted the zip file just fine.

If you're willing to install another browser on your computer to get the avatars; give Chrome a try (it worked for me). You'll likely want to watch-out and make sure you don't agree to make Chrome your default browser though.

Just thought I'd share my 2-cents.

-belcaw :cool:

Hey, this totally worked! Now why won't the image upload as my avatar? Its well within the specifications. I even tried converting it to jpeg and trying that. In fact, I haven't been able to upload ANY images as an avatar on this forum. Anyone have any idea why that might be? I just follow the directions . . .

EDIT: Never mind. Figured it out. :D
  • edited August 2009
    I beat the puzzle & didn't get the prize... what gives?

On a side note... I think it would be cool if they gave a free episode away as a prize (but limit it somehow... like giving a random episode away or make it so that you can only redeem it on the 1st episode of any season.). That would be awesome.

I know what you mean, I didn't get nutting either. :( :confused:
  • edited August 2009
    thatdude98 wrote: »
    I know what you mean, I didn't get nutting either. :( :confused:

Kinda sucks don't it?
  • edited August 2009
    Which is why I asked the first guy that mentioned it what was happening to the prize (nothing yet),and haven't do the map yet.
  • edited August 2009
    So to clear things up, the 3rd map has already been officially released through the newsletter? If so, I never got that newsletter, even though I signed up for it :confused:
  • edited August 2009
    I Think this eight map doesnt have a prize yet, because they are waiting for the wiiware version, the codes are for it, so that could be why.
  • edited August 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    I Think this eight map doesnt have a prize yet, because they are waiting for the wiiware version, the codes are for it, so that could be why.

I didn't use the code though...
    Ah... whatever
  • edited August 2009
    Thank You, it worked for me!
  • edited August 2009

What did you win?
  • edited August 2009

what worked?
  • edited August 2009
    Can you please confirm?

Map 1
    Map 2: unlocked when completing Map 1
    Map 7: unlocked via Telltale newsletter
  • edited August 2009
    Can you please confirm?

Map 1
    Map 2: unlocked when completing Map 1
    Map 7: unlocked via Telltale newsletter

confirmed, also
    Maps 3-6 unlocked via wiiware version.
  • edited August 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    confirmed, also
    Maps 3-6 unlocked via wiiware version.

Map 8 can also be unlocked by
    using the tiki and spinning the mouth once to the left
    or by but it gives no prize as of now.
  • edited August 2009
    Can I use two coupons to one game? Like using 5$ coupon and 50% coupon to single episode? And get free game?!
    E: doh
  • edited August 2009
    Strong Fat wrote: »
    Can I use two coupons to one game? Like using 5$ coupon and 50% coupon to single episode? And get free game?!

No.
  • edited August 2009
    Strong Fat wrote: »
    E: doh

Or maybe you could use 2 $5 coupons & make them pay you.... oooooohhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhh!!!
    That would be so badass!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.