Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I hope Telltale learned something from this promotion.
  • edited July 2009
    I hope Telltale learned something from this promotion.

Why? They are planning to give these coupons to everyone
    They were planning it just as it is now
    They might even have thought about it being exploitable.
  • edited July 2009
    Hello, my name is Wolfy and I...I have a tiki addiction.

Oh twelve-stepping

1. We admitted we were powerless over tikis—that our lives had become unmanageable.
    2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. (something like a pirate VooDoo-god, Not a Tiki-wind-god!)
    3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of this VooDoo-God as we understood Him.
    4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
    5. Admitted to the god, to ourselves, and to Telltale the exact nature of our wrongs.
    6. Were entirely ready to have A VooDoo-priest remove all these defects of character.
    7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
    8. Made a list of all Twelltale-personal we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
    9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
    10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
    11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the god as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His Will for us and the power to carry that out.
    12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to tiki-holics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
  • edited July 2009
    Well, I wont be doing the tiki thing. Dont have time for tiki addicts meetings :P Hopefully they wont remove the awards :) I'd like a 50% off a season :)
  • edited July 2009
    so are there still only two maps unlocked for the PC version?
  • edited July 2009
    yep only 2.
  • edited July 2009
    2 properly. If you use the tikis, theres like 6.

Maybe they were hoping to give these codes to everyone. If so, then we haven't done anything wrong.
  • edited July 2009
    So, my question is, are the Tiki maps Wii-only, and we'll get different PC maps later, or are we removing our ability to do some treasure hunts on PC by playing around with the tiki idol now?

Anyone done treasure hunting on the Wii? How many maps are available there right now?
  • edited July 2009
    bobhobbit wrote: »
    So, my question is, are the Tiki maps Wii-only, and we'll get different PC maps later, or are we removing our ability to do some treasure hunts on PC by playing around with the tiki idol now?

You cannot replay the maps. If you play with the tiki now the game will think you already played the maps. When you want to play the maps don't abuse the tiki.
  • edited July 2009
    Do any has same problem? I can't get my second prize, avatars (zip is corrupted).
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah, and two of the prizes are the same.
  • edited July 2009
    bobhobbit wrote: »
    Yes, anyone who has fiddled with the tiki has forfeited their chance of winning the LeChuck-themed Ferrari.
  • edited July 2009
    Haggis wrote: »
    Yes, anyone who has fiddled with the tiki has forfeited their chance of winning the LeChuck-themed Ferrari.

Darn, I like the Ferrari.
  • edited July 2009
    Haggis wrote: »
    yes, anyone who has fiddled with the tiki has forfeited their chance of winning the lechuck-themed ferrari.

I demand that Telltale sells me this Ferrari for $1. The customer is always right, now get to serving me.
  • edited July 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    I demand that Telltale sells me this Ferrari for $1. The customer is always right, now get to serving me.

Yeah? I demand this Ferrari to be translated to English! :p
  • edited July 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »

They could do that. The mandatory quality assurance fee would cost over one billion dollars, though. :p
  • edited July 2009
    Buezrello wrote: »
    Do any has same problem? I can't get my second prize, avatars (zip is corrupted).
    Same here... :(
  • edited July 2009
    No problems with the avatars.zip

Thanks alot!

And I'm going to wait for the Ferrari, all green and ghostly.
  • edited July 2009
    quick question, I have the wii version(which has all 5 maps ready to play for me there) and was wondering, if I where to type in the tiki codes for the coupons now, and wait to use them later, will the coupon code expire when the tiki codes are taken off or not.
  • edited July 2009
    prizna wrote: »
    What is the reason for spinning the idol to enter a code? doesnt it automatically unlock the map/prize for you once you find 1?

Wii players don't connect like PC players... :)
  • edited July 2009
    I don't understand why but I can't see the third map (well, the 7th map infact) in the game (check your emails!!!!);
    I always find the second one in the inventory and if I find the treasure and then I disconnect, every time I reload the game the second treasure is always undiscovered...
    I assure you that the game IS connected to the internet... what's the problem? :(
  • edited July 2009
    I don't understand why but I can't see the third map (well, the 7th map infact) in the game (check your emails!!!!);
    I always find the second one in the inventory and if I find the treasure and then I disconnect, every time I reload the game the second treasure is always undiscovered...
    I assure you that the game IS connected to the internet... what's the problem? :(

I'm having the same problem too
  • edited July 2009
    Maybe we need to unlog... and log in again? But how?
  • edited July 2009
    My slots were reduced to 10
  • edited July 2009
    same problem here, but I have the first map comming up, not the second.
  • edited July 2009
    hey guys, I've unlocked maps 1,2 & 7...what about the rest?
  • edited July 2009
    wooo I like the prize you get for the 7th one ^^
  • edited July 2009
    I hope it doesnt expire and I can use it for upcoming games, since i own all the seasons already
  • edited July 2009
    Awesome 7th prize, very nice idea <3
  • edited July 2009
    Maybe we need to unlog... and log in again? But how?
    Ok, I quote myself.
    We need to deactivate and then re-activate with a login.

How to deactivate the game? Well,
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10690

Bye!
  • edited July 2009
    I`ve played the 2 avaible Maps in ToMI ... and than played with the Tiki to unlock 4 others... so i have 6 maps unlocked... what about the 7. map???
    it`s don`t avaible at my account :confused:

and please telltale give a statement if we can "re-locked" the maps we will unlocked with the tikis, because we want to play it on flotsam island,
    doesn`t know that its not possible after trying the tikis :(
  • edited July 2009
    the 7th map is "hidden" in the current "telltale interloper" newsletter. there is an "article" about the treasure hunting game with a link to the new map. you click the link and the map will be added to you account..
  • edited July 2009
    wisp wrote: »
    the 7th map is "hidden" in the current "telltale interloper" newsletter. there is an "article" about the treasure hunting game with a link to the new map. you click the link and the map will be added to you account..

thx a lot ;)

so what`s about a statement from telltale about reset the tiki-unlocked maps... we want play them in the game :confused:
  • edited July 2009
    Argh! i deleted the mail without getting the map :( What can i do now? :(
  • edited July 2009
    As the code is identical to the other 50% off code I guess they don't mind if we use them more than once?
  • edited July 2009
    Coggi wrote: »
    Argh! i deleted the mail without getting the map :( What can i do now? :(

http://www.telltalegames.com/treasurehunt?addmap=7
  • edited July 2009
    Okay, im playing Tales on a Wii, how the heck do i unlock the newsletter map?? i dont think its included on the Wii version!
  • edited July 2009
    RankoSao wrote: »
    Okay, im playing Tales on a Wii, how the heck do i unlock the newsletter map?? i dont think its included on the Wii version!

I heard all 5 maps are included on the wii version. I havent gotten to the maps yet, but I'm pretty sure they're all there.
  • edited July 2009
    well,i meant the map that was just released... its apparently number 7,and i recall only seeing 6 on the Wii version..
  • edited July 2009

Ah thanks i was looking for this one :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.