Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I am wondering : as this is already n°7, are there really going to be maps for the 3,4, 5 & 6 or does the brute force thing on tiki is finally the normal way of unlocking everything?
  • edited July 2009
    remax wrote: »
    I am wondering : as this is already n°7, are there really going to be maps for the 3,4, 5 & 6 or does the brute force thing on tiki is finally the normal way of unlocking everything?

good question, I was wondering about this also
  • edited July 2009
    remax wrote: »

I'm probably completely wrong, but I think maybe this latest map was originally going to be map #3 for PC users, but now that PC users are using the Wii codes they had to make it map #7 instead.

Again, pure speculation, I have no idea.
  • edited July 2009
    I think the title of this topic should be updated whenever new maps are available, I keep missing them, and then having to scroll back through pages just to find out what people are talking about.

But again, the treasure hunting is pretty fun and that's a really awesome reward! Hoping it doesn't expire soon, it'd be nice if we could save it for an upcoming series :)
  • edited July 2009
    Okay, so evidenly, there are 3 officially released maps? I've only got 2 (#1 via blog post, #7 via newsletter). Somehow I missed the other one, which is odd since I subscribe to the blog, newsletter, and friggin twitter.

Little help?
  • edited July 2009
    #2 unlocks when you complete #1, iirc.
  • edited July 2009
    Silvermoon wrote: »
    #2 unlocks when you complete #1, iirc.

Ah, ok that makes sense. Thanks.
    Yeah, I've been trying to get to it, but the wife just doesn't think it's that important while we're remodeling the kitchen. She seems to think it would be nice to have a place to cook/eat. Go figure.
  • edited July 2009
    Wait, how many maps are there for the PC version, map #7, did that come out today, and will it and or is it out for wiiware versions, I'm confused :confused:
  • edited July 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Wait, how many maps are there for the PC version, map #7, did that come out today, and will it and or is it out for wiiware versions, I'm confused :confused:

I think right now the Wii has 4 maps that you can't get on PC, and there are 2 maps you can only get on PC.
  • edited July 2009
    the way i see it, is that some maps are ment for wii users and others for pc. so, the wii started with a bunch of maps and so far these can only be unlocked via the tiki-code thingy. the newsletter map appears on th pc, but not on the wii...if i got that right. this should not be a problem for wii users, since the prize is the same as the one you could already get by using the tiki from map #6. also, the avatar prize from map #2 is the same as the prize from map #3 and since map 2 is unlocked by completing map 1 and the website sends this info to your game, which i assume is not working for the wii, this is probably pc only as well.
    so, in conclusion:
    1, 2 and 7 are PC maps and
    1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are wii maps.

in the end the pc user will have the same prizes as the wii users and also there will be a double set of rewards with the exception of the wallpapers, since this is the starting map for both systems. that is probably why telltale is totally fine with people playing with the tiki codes, since it doesn't steal y anything from them and you could probably not play the wii maps on pc anyway.
    the wii user should be able to get all their prizes already, but pc users still need to find some maps.
    there will probably be new maps for the further episodes.
  • edited July 2009
    Ok, I'm starting to get this(and by that I mean I got the demo and am using it to treasure hunt along with the wiiware version to get the codes), but the 7th map was gotten on a newsleter, I dont get monkey island newsletters, so is there any way to get this map, and the link someone posted here didnt have it either, also what is the prize fo rmap 7, is it already a prize that came with the wiiware version?
  • edited July 2009
    indeed, the prize for map #7 is exactly the same as #6 and by that i mean it's the same code even. you probably can't use it twice, so unless you simply want your treasure hunt account to be complete, you don't need to play it on pc and wii..

...does nobody read my posts? come on, there usually is a tiny bit of valuable info under all that nonsense.:D
  • edited July 2009
    lol i guessed the code for 2 of the maps.. though one doesn't seem to be appearing in game.
  • edited July 2009
    I haven't unlocked map #3,9,10
  • edited July 2009
    wisp wrote: »
    indeed, the prize for map #7 is exactly the same as #6 and by that i mean it's the same code even. you probably can't use it twice, so unless you simply want your treasure hunt account to be complete, you don't need to play it on pc and wii..

I couldn't resist to try fiddeling with the idol codes just once and got the #6 prize. I had already used the #7 prize to buy Strong Bad half off and even though I now have all the games I had to try to put something in the shopping cart to see if I could use the coupon again. I couldn't.
  • edited July 2009
    Okinawa wrote: »

Ok, I know for a fact, map #3 is found on the wiiware version(it was the avatars pack anyway) 9 and 10 I don't think was released.
    EDIT: also, is there any way to download the avatars, they still dont work, so I tried copy and paste, but that gives me this wierd brown screen that shows up outside of the avatar that doesnt make it look so hot, and the forum taht said how to fix it didnt fix it at all.
    EDIT2: and that forum nw has copied and pasted it without the brown screen and it works now,.
  • edited July 2009
    Sorry i am confused by all this, if i have the pc version, and have not played with the tiki, how many maps (and what numbers will they be) should i have now?
  • edited July 2009
    prizna wrote: »
    Sorry i am confused by all this, if i have the pc version, and have not played with the tiki, how many maps (and what numbers will they be) should i have now?

I think maps 1,2, and 7 are the maps you unlock in PC version.
    map 1 is a wallpaper, map 2 is avatars(that dont work for some people), map 7, I heard is one of the discount codes.
  • edited July 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    I think maps 1,2, and 7 are the maps you unlock in PC version.
    map 1 is a wallpaper, map 2 is avatars(that dont work for some people), map 7, I heard is one of the discount codes.

Thanks, i just didnt understand what people meant by unlocking in a newsletter.
  • edited July 2009
    Aha. I thought I was bugged or something after I finished map 1 and 7, and couldn't redeem my prizes.

If the Telltale web team could make it so that clicking on a finished map spot did the same thing as clicking on the little blue pop-up, that'd be fantastic.

Edit: I did have to download the avatar zip file with IE instead of Firefox, and open it up with 7zip instead of WinRAR. I've had similar trouble with other sites before, so it may just be on my end.
  • edited July 2009
    Okinawa wrote: »
    so, you have unlocked map #8? :confused:
  • edited August 2009
    I got the first treasure but I can't get the map for the second.. Why is this happening? Someone with the same problem?

The game is great. Too bad this episode thing since I finished the first in three days. Gotta wait a whole month! Why not release all at once?
  • edited August 2009
    pitu20 wrote: »
    I got the first treasure but I can't get the map for the second.. Why is this happening? Someone with the same problem?

The game is great. Too bad this episode thing since I finished the first in three days. Gotta wait a whole month! Why not release all at once?

They keep the games episodic because the fans always want more afterward, and tough luck ont he 2nd map problem, but the prize sometimes wont work for some people(me)
  • edited August 2009
    Hi, some time ago I've got Sam&Max season 2 episode 1 and then I went to the store and put in my cart season 2 upgrade for 26$ The thing is, when I try now to use the 50% off coupon I cant. I presume the discounts cant add up, naturally. The problem is, I dont know how to get the full priced season 2 into the cart. Any help?
  • edited August 2009
    Igl85 wrote: »
    Hi, some time ago I've got Sam&Max season 2 episode 1 and then I went to the store and put in my cart season 2 upgrade for 26$ The thing is, when I try now to use the 50% off coupon I cant. I presume the discounts cant add up, naturally. The problem is, I dont know how to get the full priced season 2 into the cart. Any help?

Just add the regular priced one, not the discounted one, and your half off coupon will work, plus you'll get an extra copy of Ice Station Santa to give to a friend.
  • edited August 2009
    Yeah, I tried that, when I go to the cart however its written season 2 upgrade :) Need to delete cookies, maybe? Oh, wait, tried it on a different page now, and it worked :D
  • edited August 2009
    Bieeanda wrote: »
    I did have to download the avatar zip file with IE instead of Firefox, and open it up with 7zip instead of WinRAR. I've had similar trouble with other sites before, so it may just be on my end.

All the posts I have read seem to point to WinRAR having problems, but 7-Zip decompresses it fine. I don't see why Firefox would have given you troubles though. I downloaded it fine with Firefox.
  • edited August 2009
    pitu20 wrote: »

Have you been to http://www.telltalegames.com/treasurehunt? Make sure you are logged in when you are in the site and claim the first prize. This should unlock the second map.

If the first prize isn't available when you are logged in, where you connected to the internet when you uncovered the first prize? Did you close the launcher that loads when you exit the game immediately? The launcher registers over the internet that your account has uncovered the prize.
  • edited August 2009
    My second map is completed on the website but not completed in the game and my 7th map is not appearing in the game D: I have tried redoing the second map but it's not helping :'( help?

(I was one of the people that messed around with the tiki at the start, but I haven't done since)

Edit: Nevermind, found the solution on page 12. Not really sure why that works but it does :D
  • edited August 2009
    Shmeh wrote: »
    All the posts I have read seem to point to WinRAR having problems, but 7-Zip decompresses it fine. I don't see why Firefox would have given you troubles though. I downloaded it fine with Firefox.

i don't think that the problems are related to the zip-tool or the browser. for me it is working fine with firefox and winrar, but i also successfully tried ie.
  • edited August 2009
    wisp wrote: »
    i don't think that the problems are related to the zip-tool or the browser. for me it is working fine with firefox and winrar, but i also successfully tried ie.

That's interesting because all the other mentions of WinRAR suggest that they had to rename files to get it working. Maybe it's to do with which version you are using. More likely though, it's only a minority of people who were having the problems with it, and they were the ones bothered posting about it. Meh.
  • edited August 2009
    Like I said, I didn't have any problems unpacking the file with WinRAR, so I'm not sure that's where the problem resides. I'm using version 3.8, by the way, and I used Chrome as my browser when downloading the file.
  • edited August 2009
    I thought I might throw out there a few questions I have about the treasure hunt thing.

How are the rest of the PC's maps going to be unlocked? Will there be addresses passed out like the map seven one in the newsletter, or will maps just appear in the game at some point when TTG feel like releasing a new map? Will map seven appear at some point for people who missed the link to unlock it? How long do the coupon codes last? Does the time on them start ticking down when you claim the prize or is the date already set?
  • edited August 2009
    Whawhablrahblawhoowwohmhmhmhhahalmnsnirrk
  • edited August 2009
    Sorry for that message above... My computer was sick...
  • edited August 2009
    LGamer wrote: »

Can I call you 'Whawhablrah'?

Come, on, Whawhablrah, I said come on Whawhablrah, everybody to the limit everybody to the limit
  • edited August 2009
    Anyone know if there's an expiration date on the season discount coupon code? I already have all the Telltale games, so I'll have to wait until they announce whatever the next thing is (could be a while).
  • edited August 2009
    LGamer wrote: »
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Can I call you 'Whawhablrah'?

Come, on, Whawhablrah, I said come on Whawhablrah, everybody to the limit everybody to the limit

you both misspelled Fhqwhgads.

I love u

-fhqwhgadshgnsdhjsdbkhsdabkfabkveybvf
  • edited August 2009
    ^Just the last map left.

Guess it's #8 right ? Tried all combinations etc. Maybe the tiki hasn't been adjusted yet for this one by TTG. Guess it's a BIG prize.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.