Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

1131415161719»

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Didn't TellTale say that the 50% off coupon couldn't be used on series after and including Tales?
  • edited December 2009
    Molokov wrote: »
    I already have all the other games (except Bone & CSI), so no point wasting my coupons on them...

It doesn't work with Bone : (
  • edited December 2009
    Molokov wrote: »
    I'm a little annoyed that the coupons are expiring so soon. I have been saving up my "50% off a season" coupon to be used on the next Telltale series to be announced... but they haven't announced it yet, and the coupon will expire before they do, no doubt. :(

I already have all the other games (except Bone & CSI), so no point wasting my coupons on them...

Ditto! I was totally saving my 50% on the season for S&M3!!! :-(
    I already owned all the other seasons by the time I got this coupon!
  • edited December 2009
    Didero wrote: »
    Didn't TellTale say that the 50% off coupon couldn't be used on series after and including Tales?

They've said that NOW. At the time the coupons were released as prizes in the Treasure Hunt (so, let's say August) I don't recall seeing anything mentioned that they couldn't be used for future games.

In the end, it's not like I'm losing anything. I'm happy to pay the $34.95 for the full season of games. I reckon the coupon giveaways are a good idea to get people to buy the older games, but for those like me who have all the games already, we get the advantage of having played them first :)
  • edited December 2009
    Ditto! I was totally saving my 50% on the season for S&M3!!! :-(

You're hardly the only person who said that. Perhaps that's why TellTale decided on the end-of-year termination and no carryover to later series - they'd probably lose a LOT of money on Sam and Max Season 3 if things stayed as they were.
  • edited December 2009
    While the treasure hunt discounts may not have specifically stated that they weren't good on future series, the expiration date was specified months ago.

I assumed it wouldn't be good on S&M3, mainly because I wasn't expecting S&M3 until after the new year.
  • edited December 2009
    Where did my 50% off code go and why do I have a new code for $1 off an entire order?

This is concerning.
  • edited December 2009
    Where did my 50% off code go and why do I have a new code for $1 off an entire order?

This is concerning.

I'd email support@telltalegames.com right away if I were you, so that you can get this sorted before it expires.
  • edited December 2009
    I think they did it to everyone; my coupons changed too! Maybe because they don't want people to use them with the 25% off sale going on.
  • edited December 2009
    Percent coupons don't stack anyway, so it shouldn't matter.
  • edited December 2009
    Yeah, I remember trying to stack codes and it didn't work. I'm going to see what support says about my missing 50% off code.
  • edited December 2009
    Bad news I'm afraid. Here's the automated message I was sent:

"Telltale support will be out of the office over the Holidays and will be happy to reply to all your support needs when we get back on January 4, 2010. There will be minimal forums help http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/ if you need game support, hints or general chat help."

Unfortunately, my coupon will have expired by January 4th! This is a bummer indeed.
  • edited December 2009
    Bad news I'm afraid. Here's the automated message I was sent:

"Telltale support will be out of the office over the Holidays and will be happy to reply to all your support needs when we get back on January 4, 2010. There will be minimal forums help http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/ if you need game support, hints or general chat help."

Unfortunately, my coupon will have expired by January 4th! This is a bummer indeed.

They'll have to sort something out. They're a reputable company. It's not your fault. If they don't help you and all those others with the same problem, they could get really bad press.
  • edited December 2009
    Is the treasure hunt not happening anymore? I have two maps but nothing else? Do I have to somehow unlock more maps or am I supposed to get a new one after each one is complete?
  • edited March 2010
    So is the treasure hunt over or something? When I click to claim my treasure, it just takes me to one of the Monkey Island pages, but the main body area has no content or anything. This was in Firefox, so I tried IE. It kind of locks IE up and when it comes back, same thing, page w/ no body content.
  • edited March 2010
    MS3Boy wrote: »
    So is the treasure hunt over or something? When I click to claim my treasure, it just takes me to one of the Monkey Island pages, but the main body area has no content or anything. This was in Firefox, so I tried IE. It kind of locks IE up and when it comes back, same thing, page w/ no body content.

I'm pretty sure that it is over.
  • edited October 2012
    Jake wrote: »
    2) Will this treasure hunt thingy work with the DVD version of the game? Since it's not online, how will you make this happen?

I think this is a "running during the main run of the season only" type deal

I see that the Treasure Hunt feature still exists in the demo, and it's still active three years after it was supposed to be over... does this mean that it entered the DVD after all?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.