Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Yay a new map! ^^
  • edited October 2009
    i've added the map but i have to wait til i get home before i have a go.... I'm at work darn it! Darn it all to heck!
  • edited October 2009
    Finally a new map! :)
  • edited October 2009
    i am new to this, as i only purchased tbhe season last week. What i want to know is how many maps are we supossed to have by now? as i have 4 maps waiting to be done.
  • edited October 2009
    Yay! We were bugging them about
    not being able to see the inside of Club41
    and
    the as-yet lack of pirate bar like the SCUMM Bar in the game
    . They've addressed both these issues in one go and left me wondering if we're going to see
    this location
    in the next chapter. Did anyone
    notice the judge concept art when you rolledover one of the mugs
    ?
    Maybe he is related to the Goodsoups after all! :)
  • edited October 2009
    cjayp33 wrote: »
    i am new to this, as i only purchased tbhe season last week. What i want to know is how many maps are we supossed to have by now? as i have 4 maps waiting to be done.

Maps 1, 2, 7-9 have been released. Map 1 appears when you first enter the treasurehunt section of the game. Map 2 appears when you complete map 1 (you might have to claim your prize on the website first, though). Maps 7-9 might be activated by way of http://www.telltalegames.com/treasurehunt?addmap=n where n is 7, 8 or 9.

Originally, there were person-specific links for map 7 in the Interloper (TTG monthly newsletter) and map 8 was somewhere on one of the fan sites (Mix n Mojo, I think). The links have been posted by forum regulars several times in this thread for your convenience. Map 9 only came out yesterday or today (I think) and I'm not sure of everybody's sources but I got mine by using the addmap function.

Hope this helps!
  • edited October 2009
    I hear that you get map 9 from the interloper.
    I haven't gotten the Interloper yet, and I am pretty sure i subscribe (got the last one 9/19/2009.) Seems someone has had the same problem.
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12853
    Could i get My Copy please

If i have accidentaly unsubscribed im srry
  • edited October 2009
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I hear that you get map 9 from the interloper.
    I haven't gotten the Interloper yet, and I am pretty sure i subscribe (got the last one 9/19/2009.) Seems someone has had the same problem.
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12853
    Could i get My Copy please

If i have accidentaly unsubscribed im srry

It seems there were so many to send out this time, I didn't get mine until about an hour after I made that post. If you haven't had yours yet, fair enough contact them now.
  • edited October 2009
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Maps 1, 2, 7-9 have been released. Map 1 appears when you first enter the treasurehunt section of the game. Map 2 appears when you complete map 1 (you might have to claim your prize on the website first, though). Maps 7-9 might be activated by way of http://www.telltalegames.com/treasurehunt?addmap=n where n is 7, 8 or 9.

Originally, there were person-specific links for map 7 in the Interloper (TTG monthly newsletter) and map 8 was somewhere on one of the fan sites (Mix n Mojo, I think). The links have been posted by forum regulars several times in this thread for your convenience. Map 9 only came out yesterday or today (I think) and I'm not sure of everybody's sources but I got mine by using the addmap function.

Hope this helps!

thanks, it has, as i will have number 1 as you automatically get it when you enter the treasure map section (which i have yet to do) that unlocks number 2 if you complete this one. I have number 8 i think as it was a fan site (the monkey island wiki characters page). number 9 i got today through the telltale interloper newsletter, which also gave me the link to the previous interlooper one, which you say is number 7.

so in summary i am update to date, so thnaks again for your help
  • edited October 2009
    How's with the prizes? I've only got the prize for 1,2.
  • edited October 2009
    Could someone link me to the Interloper please? :)
  • edited October 2009
    LewisKerr wrote: »
    Could someone link me to the Interloper please? :)

Seeing as it's emailed to subscribers rather than published on a site for all to see, the only way you could be linked to it would be for a subscriber to give you their email account details.

But seeing as you asked so nicely, I'll post a screenshot later.
  • edited October 2009
    Don't worry, I've added it now, found a link on another thread.
    Thanks anyway.
  • edited October 2009
    Yes but it removes the PC slots at the end.

how can you even cheat?
  • edited October 2009
    the ladt interloper i got was august 21st.
    I want that new map!
    which thread did you find it LewisKerr?

Edit: already git it. I obviously was in the "new map - treasure hunt" thread
  • edited October 2009
    What's the solution for the latest map? So far I figured out that you
    get to the circular thing, use the map with it, go right, go left, and go right, but after that no matter what direction I go I get put back at the beginning.
  • edited October 2009
    That concept art of
    Club 41
    looks like it would be right at home in MI3
  • edited October 2009
    Bobbin wrote: »
    What's the solution for the latest map?
    get to the circular thing, use the map with it, go right, go left, go left, go right, go right
    Hope it solved the problem :)
  • edited October 2009
    Yeah that worked. For some reason when you go to the
    right on the third direction
    , it doesn't make you restart.
  • edited October 2009
    i have got five maps is this how many i should have? with five slots remaining?

also how long
    does the 50% offf a season last?
  • edited October 2009
    Im missing Map 3, is this right or have i missed summat major? :(
  • edited October 2009
    Marley1987 wrote: »
    Im missing Map 3, is this right or have i missed summat major? :(

well you do get pretty good avatars for the 3rd map :P.
  • edited October 2009
    any insight as to how i may go about getting said third map. . instead of just rubbing my nose in it lol :P :)
  • edited October 2009
    Marley1987 wrote: »
    any insight as to how i may go about getting said third map. . instead of just rubbing my nose in it lol :P :)

The prize for maps 2 & 3 are the same. Maps 3-6 are Wii only. You can't actually play the maps on the PC, but you can mess with the tiki idol until you get the right code and claim the prizes if you want.
  • edited October 2009
    screenshots of any of this art? been so busy lately and am not subscribed to get the link
  • edited October 2009
    This....may be.......the longest thread.....i have ever read......just sayin'...
  • edited October 2009
    Hi, first post for me in TTG forums :p
    I've read that some of you received a link to add the ninth treasure map in their e-mail.
    I've also subscribed to TellTale Interloper, but I haven't received any update yet. May it depend on the fact that I chose weekly updates (instead of daily) in the settings page?
  • edited October 2009
    Bobbin wrote: »
    What's the solution for the latest map? So far I figured out that you
    get to the circular thing, use the map with it, go right, go left, and go right, but after that no matter what direction I go I get put back at the beginning.

Just follow the jungle sounds, there wasn't any tricks to this one.
  • edited October 2009
    malrau wrote: »
    Hi, first post for me in TTG forums :p
    I've read that some of you received a link to add the ninth treasure map in their e-mail.
    I've also subscribed to TellTale Interloper, but I haven't received any update yet. May it depend on the fact that I chose weekly updates (instead of daily) in the settings page?

when did you subscribe?

also i subscribe to the weekly updates and still got it, although make sure you ign up top the monthly newsletter as the links are in there.
  • edited October 2009
    when did you subscribe?

also i subscribe to the weekly updates and still got it, although make sure you ign up top the monthly newsletter as the links are in there.

I've subscribed during the Pirate day on september 19, if I'm not wrong. And I've subscribed to the monthly newsletter and big events, but still don't get any announcement on my e-mail.:confused:
  • edited October 2009
    malrau wrote: »
    I've subscribed during the Pirate day on september 19, if I'm not wrong. And I've subscribed to the monthly newsletter and big events, but still don't get any announcement on my e-mail.:confused:

then you have a problem, that you need to tell the staff about.
  • edited October 2009
    then you have a problem, that you need to tell the staff about.

Thanks. I guess I'll try to use the forum, or should I send them an e-mail @ support@telltalegames.com / mailotron@telltalegames.com?
  • edited October 2009
    So there is no map 3 for the PC? You have to get it for the Wii? I'm not so concerned with the prizes. I just want to complete the treasure hunt :)
  • edited October 2009
    What about the map #9?
    I unlocked its prize but I don't "get the treasure", I just see a screen with some words inviting me to stand by... can anyone explain?
  • edited October 2009
    What about the map #9?
    I unlocked its prize but I don't "get the treasure", I just see a screen with some words inviting me to stand by... can anyone explain?

It's a flash site that has the background for Club 41, and some music, and some concept art when you mouse-over certain items.

Or at least, when I first looked at it last week, there was one bit of concept art and promises for two more coming "next week". Trying to look at it now and the site isn't really loading, I'm seeing what you describe above.

Maybe they're in the process of updating it behind the scenes?
  • edited October 2009
    Molokov wrote: »
    It's a flash site that has the background for Club 41, and some music, and some concept art when you mouse-over certain items.

Or at least, when I first looked at it last week, there was one bit of concept art and promises for two more coming "next week". Trying to look at it now and the site isn't really loading, I'm seeing what you describe above.

Maybe they're in the process of updating it behind the scenes?

Updating it behind the scenes means uploading a piece of concept art to the directory and changing the mouseover link. All of 2 minutes.
  • edited October 2009
    All of 2 minutes.
    Unless, Murphy's Law interferes.
  • edited October 2009
    the club 41 flash hasn't been loading for me all day.
  • edited October 2009
    Marty wrote: »
    the club 41 flash hasn't been loading for me all day.

Yeah, same here.
  • edited October 2009
    It seems Telltale's coders messed up the "loading" Flash file when they tried to upload the new Club 41 Flash with the extra concept art.

Here's a link to what is SUPPOSED to load when you go to Club 41 now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.