Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Shut uppppppp everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well if we did that it would be a really boring forum.
  • edited October 2009
    Mainly, I think I was the most disappointed with the "cursed" LeChuck. You can compare the concept art and character render to see what I mean.

Concept art vs. character render.

And like I said before, I think TMI is a great looking game, but I like Ryan's art a little better.
  • edited October 2009
    Mainly, I think I was the most disappointed with the "cursed" LeChuck. You can compare the concept art and character render to see what I mean.

Concept art vs. character render.

And like I said before, I think TMI is a great looking game, but I like Ryan's art a little better.

To be fair, an artist on a sketchpad has a lot more tools at his/her disposal then an animator, and an animator has more then a 3-D animator.
  • edited October 2009
    hplikelike wrote: »
    To be fair, an artist on a sketchpad has a lot more tools at his/her disposal then an animator, and an animator has more then a 3-D animator.

and he also picked the lest coolest pic of the new zombie lechuck he could ^^
  • edited October 2009
    meh 2d sucked... TMI rullz!!! It really gives you the feeling that you're in the game.
  • edited October 2009
    2D does not suck... its often very cool... But TTG has done a masterful job with TOMI.... its by far their best game with the dramatic angles and great detail in facial and body animations.
  • edited October 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    2D does not suck... its often very cool... But TTG has done a masterful job with TOMI.... its by far their best game with the dramatic angles and great detail in facial and body animations.

Well, if Monkey Island had been bad, the backlash would have been huge. Given that Tales has outsold the other seasons combined, that's alot of potential customers turned away. That's probably part of the reason they waited so long to snap up the license, so they could ensure they had enougth resources for a truly amazing Monkey island.
  • edited October 2009
    How do I get the third map? I found the first two and haven't treasure hunted in a while, but there doesn't seem to be a third map anywhere???
  • edited October 2009
    Eskielvr wrote: »
    How do I get the third map? I found the first two and haven't treasure hunted in a while, but there doesn't seem to be a third map anywhere???

3-6 maps are Wii only.
  • edited October 2009
    I've been backtracking some of the pages on this thread. Why aren't they making maps 3-6 for the pc?? I don't have a Wii, that's not fair. And how would I have ever found out about maps 7-? if I hadn't have come across it on here? And I saw mention of getting coupons too? Where do I find map 7 and so on then? This is dumb....

I'm really confused, and disappointed. I don't think I'll be playing the treasure map now. I thought about purchasing some other games too, but now that I find out they've snuck in coupons with no mention, I don't think I will. First time I feel I've been burned. I'm really disappointed. I hope I'm just misunderstanding things....
  • edited October 2009
  • edited October 2009
    Thank you! :) Apparently now it says that I've already found number 8. Weird....

By the way, my 4 year old loves playing the game (esp the treasure hunt) too.
  • edited October 2009
    im very very lost, I have the entire season (that is out so far) and I only have the first two maps..

whats up?

can someone pm me.. or let me know what I did wrong or am doing wrong.. I see people talking of maps 7 and 6 and such but for wii only wahh im lost :P
  • edited October 2009
    Kaldire wrote: »
    im very very lost, I have the entire season (that is out so far) and I only have the first two maps..

whats up?

can someone pm me.. or let me know what I did wrong or am doing wrong.. I see people talking of maps 7 and 6 and such but for wii only wahh im lost :P

Maps 3/4/5/6 were wii only i think. The rest were PC only. You had to find them by clicking on various links in newsletters/twitter etc. However, Bobbinhas collected the links into one post, so you can just click on them if you want the maps.
  • edited October 2009
    3 4 5 6 were wii only? and pc has only 1 and 2? or is there more?

id love a link
  • edited October 2009
    3 4 5 6 were wii only? and pc has only 1 and 2? or is there more?

id love a link

Read here:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11949

1-2 you have, 3-6 you get the prizes by entering the tiki codes, and 7-10 click on the links provided at the end of the first post (those links appeared in websites, twitter and telltale's newsletters)
  • edited October 2009
    you can get many a map to play for the PC! just use the "addmap" link with different numbers! for instance:

http://www.telltalegames.com/treasurehunt?addmap=5

or

http://www.telltalegames.com/treasurehunt?addmap=8

or

http://www.telltalegames.com/treasurehunt?addmap=3
  • edited October 2009
    thanks gang,
    EDIT: I still dont have the maps, even though I do have them when logged in site, they dont exist in game so I cannot do anything but 1 and 2, both are complete..
    any clues????

I dont condone twitter, so, sadly ill never see such posts. Let the world blog and get a world o poo I say :P

3:32pm went to store to get a six pack o brew
    3:35pm opened the first one and turned on nascar
    zzzzzzzzzzz
  • edited November 2009
    does anyone else think we could get new maps which could be built like the one in the 4th chapter?
  • edited November 2009
    Geypi wrote: »
    does anyone else think we could get new maps which could be built like the one in the 4th chapter?

Yeah, like maybe following a trail of fireflies to a jungle monster with a treasure in it's mouth :).
  • edited November 2009
    sigh .. anyone? i have a feeling its about the loggin it bit.. but I dont even get asked. And ive never been able to log in the game via my account.. only serials.. (i know others had the same issue yes?)
  • jmmjmm
    edited November 2009
    That happened to me (along with other surprises).
    Solved by uninstalling and reinstalling.
  • edited November 2009
    sigh .. anyone? i have a feeling its about the loggin it bit.. but I dont even get asked. And ive never been able to log in the game via my account.. only serials.. (i know others had the same issue yes?)

I've got the same problem, where is the treasure hunt option supposed to be? on the main start up screen? Uninstalling and reinstalling still didnt give me the option to login with username
  • edited November 2009
    Since the prize for map 9 was a piece of interactive Club 41 concept art, could the next prize possibly be a larger (and interactive) version of the Flotsam dock concept art shown in Nintendo World?

EDIT: This is more of a request than an idea or a guess.
  • edited November 2009
    So, currently all maps can be added from 3 to 11 with the url. Though I don't know, if 3 to 6 are officially public yet.
  • edited November 2009
    LordAndy wrote: »
    So, currently all maps can be added from 3 to 11 with the url. Though I don't know, if 3 to 6 are officially public yet.

3-6 are Wii only. You can get the prizes by messing with the Tiki code, but you cannot actually play the maps on the PC.
  • edited November 2009
    Hm... Indeed, I still can play the map and use the tiki code to unlock the price (still same avatars) as the map isn't marked as unlocked. So at least I can have the maps ingame, though they won't do much sence. And my treasure hunt map is complete. So perhaps the possibility to add maps 3 to 6 to the pc version is a bug.
  • edited November 2009
    LordAndy wrote: »

11??? Where's the 11th map?
  • edited November 2009

I sure hope so. The old maps were pretty easy once you knew how to read them, which you had to learn for the first episode. The new map system could lead to interesting puzzles.
  • edited November 2009
    11??? Where's the 11th map?
    10th, that was a typo be me. there is no 11th Map (yet?)

But for new maps they'd have to release new Maps for the ingame TH, and for this they'd have to program a new TH in a new episode.
    And as for now, all maps are available, so TTG would have to make new prices and new maps ingame.
    All the current maps wre internally available in the first episode from the beginning.
  • edited November 2009
    actually if you think about it they could do the new maps, just have the treasure hunting in episode 4 instead of episode 1.

who knows mayhaps they already have done this and that is going to be the source of the maps for the final episode?
  • edited November 2009
    sigh i dont like exclusive crup unless its later released for all..

it seems so... bottlenecking to me. As in... we are forced to buy 3 copies of every game to get all the stuff these days...

didnt think telltale needed that.. but I suppose if they THINK it will raise wii sales.. so be it..
    I cant see how it would but.. ok!
  • edited November 2009
    sigh i dont like exclusive crup unless its later released for all..

it seems so... bottlenecking to me. As in... we are forced to buy 3 copies of every game to get all the stuff these days...

didnt think telltale needed that.. but I suppose if they THINK it will raise wii sales.. so be it..
    I cant see how it would but.. ok!

You can get all prizes using just the demo.
  • edited November 2009
    You aren't really missing out on much.

1/3 (PC) (Avatars)
    2 (PC) (Wallpaper)
    3/1 (Wii) (Avatars)
    4 (Wii) ($5 off an order of $8.95 or more)
    5/10 (Wii) (50% off an episode)
    6/7 (Wii) (50% off a season)
    7/6 (PC) (50% off a season)
    8 (PC) (Caribbean Journal)
    9 (PC) (Club 41)
    10/5 (PC) ($5 off an order of $8.95 or more)

Wii users got more discounts sooner, which makes sense considering that the game costs more on the Wii.
  • edited November 2009
    oh i see why the wii prizes might appeal now lol..

insert foot in mout...
    and 7/6 50% off a season!!? i still cant get my stuff to work
  • edited November 2009
    i still cant get my stuff to work

Wait, can you select the "Treasue Hunt" button that's in between the "Quit" and "Resume game" buttons? (In Chapter 1)
  • edited November 2009
    i can select it but when i go there are only 2 maps.. the first two...
  • edited November 2009
    i can select it but when i go there are only 2 maps.. the first two...

Start the fisrt episode so that the launcher pops out. Then click on treasure hunting and you'll see on which browser is it stored. Then click on the links and you should have the maps. Worked with me.
  • edited November 2009
    I see people talking about Map #10 but I don't see where Telltale spread the link for the 10th map. Is it an "officially" unleashed map?
  • FoPFoP
    edited November 2009
    I see people talking about Map #10 but I don't see where Telltale spread the link for the 10th map. Is it an "officially" unleashed map?
    Yes, it was a link on a Facebook announcement from 24.10.2009. The text said "Telltale Games - Monkey Island Treasure Hunt Bonanza!" and added map 10 when you clicked the link.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.