Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Sorry to interrupt your creative streak, but I have a question to which I couldn't find an answer throughout this topic.

So I went treasure hunting today and after achieving the first two prizes, I played with the Tiki until I found all the prizes. Although I noticed that the treasure map slots were decreasing, it was only after I read through this topic that I found out I was only supposed to find four maps until now. Will there be more than 10 maps, and if so, is there any way to undo the disappearance of the slots? Or even to reset the treasure hunt, as someone suggested earlier in the topic?

Thank ye kindly, scallywags :D
  • edited September 2009
    FedaykinRo wrote: »
    Sorry to interrupt your creative streak, but I have a question to which I couldn't find an answer throughout this topic.

So I went treasure hunting today and after achieving the first two prizes, I played with the Tiki until I found all the prizes. Although I noticed that the treasure map slots were decreasing, it was only after I read through this topic that I found out I was only supposed to find four maps until now. Will there be more than 10 maps, and if so, is there any way to undo the disappearance of the slots? Or even to reset the treasure hunt, as someone suggested earlier in the topic?

Thank ye kindly, scallywags :D

Send an email to the support team (support@telltalegames.com) and apologise for being a very naughty boy. They might be lenient enough to reset the treasure hunt page.
  • edited September 2009
    Cookie?

Just kidding. I've figured out what the problem was - thanks for the help.

Okay.... since I have the same problem (ESK'RGOH showing up on the site but not in game), would you care to share your solution with the rest of the class?

~edit~
    Ooookay, now I realize my mistake. I didn't look at the name of the first map, so for some reason I assumed the "Fudgebeard's Beginner's Map" was the same one I'd already completed, when it's actually the map for ESK'RGOH. Move along, people, nothing to see here.
  • edited September 2009
    Derwin wrote: »
    Found two... am I missing anything to get more maps? Will continue to investigate, but great idea guys!!!

I got the 2nd idol, however when downloading the avatars.zip file it appears that this file is corrupted... Errormessage when opening zip: \avatars.zip: unecpected end of archive
  • edited September 2009
    wait...how many maps are out?
  • edited September 2009
    I got the 2nd idol, however when downloading the avatars.zip file it appears that this file is corrupted... Errormessage when opening zip: \avatars.zip: unecpected end of archive

You might want to try downloading using a different browser. I had the same problem when using Internet Explorer 7 (which the game launched even though it isn't my default browser). No problems with Firefox, though.

Edit: See this thread for another solution.
  • edited September 2009
    Except the first 2 prices, are any others activated in order to begin the hunt treasure again?
  • edited October 2009
    The treasure unlockable through Map #8 is amazing!
    THANKS TELLTALE TEAM!!

I really hope to see Chapter II in the future, as there are still 2 empty slots (#9 and #10)

and maybe another bonus could be made availble for people who pre-ordered the limited DVD... :D ...LOYAL FANS!:)
  • edited October 2009
    I can't get 3,4,5,6 maps!:(
  • edited October 2009
    I can't get 3,4,5,6 maps!:(

Are you using PC or Wii?
  • edited October 2009
    I'm using PC.
  • edited October 2009
    In that case, you can only get maps 3-6 by cheating (seeing as they're Wii only). The tiki combos were posted somewhere in this thread as a picture but can't remember which page offhand.
  • edited October 2009
    Thank you.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi all, I 've got the prize from map 7 thanks to you all for sharing it!

I wonder for those of you who bought other seasons, wich one did you enjoyed the most ?

Sam & Max seems cool (season 1 or 2 don't know)
    and Wallace and gromit too.

I have only TOMI by now :P

Thanks you !!
  • edited October 2009
    Hey, does anyone know if there are any treasures for Episode 3?
    Thanks!
  • edited October 2009
    I heard the treasure hunt is only for chapter 1 , I know you can find about 4 maps for PC

one is in a old newsletter (link is somewhere in this topic)
    and the other one's too
  • edited October 2009
    the treasure hunting minigame will be in the the first episode only (and the demo), but that doesn't mean that there won't be new maps for it.
    on the "prize collect"-page it still says that there will be new maps throughout the season...

..like this: prize-scroll.png
  • edited October 2009
    And this thread is still a sticky, so we should expect some more.
  • edited October 2009
    I hope too ! Maybe for episode 4 release ! I love doing those maps quests, and finding the X :)
  • edited October 2009
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    In that case, you can only get maps 3-6 by cheating (seeing as they're Wii only). The tiki combos were posted somewhere in this thread as a picture but can't remember which page offhand.

Do the 3, 4, 5, 6 Wii maps allow cheating PC users to get prizes too?
  • edited October 2009
    Do the 3, 4, 5, 6 Wii maps allow cheating PC users to get prizes too?

Yes but it removes the PC slots at the end.
  • edited October 2009
    Does anybody know when 3-6 maps will be officially released for PC?
  • edited October 2009
    Does anybody know when 3-6 maps will be officially released for PC?

Apart from map 1, the Wii and PC maps were supposed to crossover to the same prizes, so the Wii ones will never get released for the PC.
  • edited October 2009
    I've just tried to purchase S&M: Season 2 with the coupon code, but I get a messege saying "Sorry, that coupon code is invalid or can't be used for this order!" Is it already invalid?
  • edited October 2009
    Sance wrote: »
    I've just tried to purchase S&M: Season 2 with the coupon code, but I get a messege saying "Sorry, that coupon code is invalid or can't be used for this order!" Is it already invalid?

That's strange

I tried the same thing and with another season and yeah it does seem invalid, at least for the moment

I'm glad I bought sam and max 1 with it 2 days ago !!

I hope it will be fixed soon or a new coupon will be out there for you ! :)

Did you already bought something with it ?

It could be a one time use per customer but I don't think so
  • edited October 2009
    Dwarefy wrote: »
    That's strange

I tried the same thing and with another season and yeah it does seem invalid, at least for the moment

I'm glad I bought sam and max 1 with it 2 days ago !!

I hope it will be fixed soon or a new coupon will be out there for you ! :)

Did you already bought something with it ?

It could be a one time use per customer but I don't think so

I'm sure it's one time per customer, but this was supposed to be my first use of the coupon code. I already contacted support about this, so we'll see what they'll say.
  • edited October 2009
    the tiki idol is for the wii ware version
  • edited October 2009
    Sorry, I've been reading through the previous posts in this thread but I'm overall just confused by various pieces of information, so can someone please clarify?

I'm playing on PC and I've only got the first two maps and found their corresponding treasures. This was way back when the first episode of the game was released. No matter how many times I open it up now and visit the site about the treasure hunting, I don't seem to get any more maps. Am I supposed to be able to or not? And, if so, what am I doing wrong (or not doing at all)?

Thanks much.
  • edited October 2009
    joeplork wrote: »
    Sorry, I've been reading through the previous posts in this thread but I'm overall just confused by various pieces of information, so can someone please clarify?

I'm playing on PC and I've only got the first two maps and found their corresponding treasures. This was way back when the first episode of the game was released. No matter how many times I open it up now and visit the site about the treasure hunting, I don't seem to get any more maps. Am I supposed to be able to or not? And, if so, what am I doing wrong (or not doing at all)?

Thanks much.

Maps 1&2 are the only ones that appear automatically. Search through the pages of this thread and you'll find links to maps 7&8. These will be added to the first episode. Maps 3-6 are exclusive to Wii.
  • edited October 2009
    Maps 1&2 are the only ones that appear automatically. Search through the pages of this thread and you'll find links to maps 7&8. These will be added to the first episode. Maps 3-6 are exclusive to Wii.

That sucks!!!!
  • edited October 2009

Ok, thanks.

...how come I have to search through a forum to find these?! That is not the kind of treasure hunt I was expecting.
  • edited October 2009
    Soooo now I have the two new maps on the site, but when I boot up the game the only map I can get repeatedly is somebody or another's Map of Simplicity. And finding the treasure for that gets me Shuttlemoc, which I already had...

...uh, victory??
  • edited October 2009
    Ok, thanks.

...how come I have to search through a forum to find these?! That is not the kind of treasure hunt I was expecting.

They were originally in the Interloper a while back (the monthly Telltale newsletter, to email subscribers) and on one of the MI fansites. The links have been posted a few times in this thread and I've already found them once for people, without having to do it again.
  • edited October 2009
    No, no I wasn't being ungrateful. I went and found them easily. I was just wondering why this was the way the treasure hunt worked. I guess I never fully understood the instructions because I was under the impression the new maps would just gradually show up. I didn't know I had to do some kind of internet footwork tomfoolery to get them.

However, now I AM wondering why I can't get the maps to show up within the game and why the game also seems to have forgotten I found the first two treasures in the first place.
  • edited October 2009
    This is a very noobish question, but the treasure hunting is only in the first episode, right?
  • edited October 2009
    No, no I wasn't being ungrateful. I went and found them easily. I was just wondering why this was the way the treasure hunt worked. I guess I never fully understood the instructions because I was under the impression the new maps would just gradually show up. I didn't know I had to do some kind of internet footwork tomfoolery to get them.

However, now I AM wondering why I can't get the maps to show up within the game and why the game also seems to have forgotten I found the first two treasures in the first place.

That might be a cookies problem in your browser (can't think offhand what it might be. Otherwise, hopefully the support team can help (support@telltale.com).
  • edited October 2009
    This is a very noobish question, but the treasure hunting is only in the first episode, right?

Correct. Seems a waste of a slot on the menu for the other episodes but maybe outtakes or something will go there on the DVD.
  • edited October 2009
    That might be a cookies problem in your browser (can't think offhand what it might be. Otherwise, hopefully the support team can help (support@telltale.com).

Okeydokey, thanks for the help.
  • edited October 2009
    I apologize if this is repetitive. I have just finished the third installment of MI - the Lair of the Leviathan.....but in the Treasure Hunting....as of October 2009 is it accurate that there still only two treasure maps? I have earned two maps/prizes - but shouldn't more be opening up? Please let me know. Many thanks!
  • edited October 2009
    I apologize if this is repetitive. I have just finished the third installment of MI - the Lair of the Leviathan.....but in the Treasure Hunting....as of October 2009 is it accurate that there still only two treasure maps? I have earned two maps/prizes - but shouldn't more be opening up? Please let me know. Many thanks!

You'll find the answer to that further up the page (short answer: two more have been released but don't automatically appear).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.