Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    sidoch wrote: »
    I just find it a bit od that you apparently can fiddle with the idol and get prizes without solving any puzzels.. hope it's a bug of some sort

The reason that happens is because the tiki idol code is how people on the Wii claim their prizes. It doesn't happen automatically for them like it does on the PC. It's in the treasure hunting FAQ.
  • edited July 2009
    avatars.zip does not work for me...says Invalid file or some junk...
  • edited July 2009
    Anyone got them all yet? I only need 3 more...
  • edited July 2009
    Is it possible for people Wii treasure hunting to get stuff before PC users? 'Cause it seems to me the only thing separating them from getting ahead is the code, while PC users need the website.
  • edited July 2009
    Oh boy. I got the new four maps, but my amount of slots have shortened. I kind of wish I hadn't even tried it now; I made this mistake twice now. I wonder if I can get it reset and do it the normal way. -.-

It seems like every time someone says they got new maps I can't resist. I think I screwed up big also because two of the prizes were the same. -.-
  • edited July 2009
    Oh boy. I got the new four maps, but my amount of slots have shortened. I kind of wish I hadn't even tried it now; I made this mistake twice now. I wonder if I can get it reset and do it the normal way. -.-

It seems like every time someone says they got new maps I can't resist. I think I screwed up big also because two of the prizes were the same. -.-

It's just the same "follow the sounds" map puzzle for every single one, and 2 of the prizes are indeed the same. You didn't miss much.
  • edited July 2009
    How did you get two new maps? I still have 2 old ones.
  • edited July 2009
    hplikelike wrote: »
    How did you get two new maps? I still have 2 old ones.

I can't verify if you can do them on PC, I did them on Wii and unlocked them on the site and now the completed maps show up in my PC version, so I assume you just go into the game to do the new ones on PC.
  • edited July 2009
    I think we need an official clarification on how to unlock the new maps. Do we have to play around with the tiki code statue or is there another way because i don't want to mess up my chance at getting prizes just because i went fiddling with the tiki statue all willy-nilly.
  • edited July 2009
    As far as the Wallpaper treasure goes I wouldn't mind actually getting a few deck of those tarot cards mhmm.
  • edited July 2009
    Can you use the coupon code more than once... there are two games I want & well... it would be nice to be able to get them both... (Granted I don't think you should be able to use it more than twice.... don't take advantage of a good thing, because it could very well go away y'know)
  • edited July 2009
    Can you use the coupon code more than once... there are two games I want & well... it would be nice to be able to get them both... (Granted I don't think you should be able to use it more than twice.... don't take advantage of a good thing, because it could very well go away y'know)

I believe each coupon code is unique and only able to be used once, I could be wrong though as I haven't used my codes. (There's nothing on the Telltale store I haven't bought yet :p )
  • edited July 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    I believe each coupon code is unique and only able to be used once, I could be wrong though as I haven't used my codes. (There's nothing on the Telltale store I haven't bought yet :p )

3 things.

1. I got a second *ahem* prize that eliminated this problem
    2. Has anybody tested these codes to see if they work yet?
    3. I love how 2 people can be at each other's throats in one thread but still be cool to each in another one.
  • edited July 2009
    Oh nice, thanks for the coupon code. :) No, i haven´t tested it yet.
  • edited July 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »

Go for seconds. Make it a gift to someone.
  • edited July 2009
    Do we also get a discount when buying a whole season (iE Strong Bad Collectors DVD/ Bone Bundle) using this coupon code? Or do you have to buy only one single episode.
  • edited July 2009
    stoney1981 wrote: »
    Do we also get a discount when buying a whole season (iE Strong Bad Collectors DVD/ Bone Bundle) using this coupon code? Or do you have to buy only one single episode.
    Edit: Oops, there's two coupons as prizes: One 50% off of a single episode, and one 50% off of a full season.
  • edited July 2009
    Edit: Oops, there's two coupons as prizes: One 50% off of a single episode, and one 50% off of a full season.

Actually there are 3.... trust me....

Is there an expiration date on the codes?
  • edited July 2009
    Actually there are 3.... trust me....
    Ah yeah, got it.
  • edited July 2009

Alright, got it. :)
    Is there an expiration date on the codes?

I would like to know this aswell, because i plan to use the season discount on Sam&Max Season 3, when it arrives. :)
  • edited July 2009
    so more are avalible on PC? if so how do you get them?
  • edited July 2009
    TheDude wrote: »
    so more are avalible on PC? if so how do you get them?

Play with the tiki or just be patient.
  • edited July 2009
    I've also been playing with the codes and have got a bunch more treasures - but my "available slots" has also got much shorter. Doing it this way also means that you don't need to do the in-game bit at all. My own fault really, but any chance of a "reset" button so we can do this properly if we want to when they're supposed to be available? :cool:
  • edited July 2009
    I am also a bit confused: Of course I could also start playing with the tiki: there are 4^3=64 possible combination only, so it should not take more than 10 minutes to try all of them. - However, that cannot be Telltale's intention how to do the treasure hunt; and it also is not any fun at all to do that. - So why do the "honest pirates" need to wait for the new maps to be officially released somewhere and somehow, while the "cheating pirates" can get their discount vouchers and other "treasures" already? :confused:
  • edited July 2009
    The tiki pole seems (in theory) like it's only supposed to be used by people using the Wii version. Since, without it, us PC users can't get access to maps after the first 2 I expect that they plan to "release" the maps online one-by-one during the season.

Which makes you wonder why they're available to "unlock" at all - I suspect it may be that because the Wii version can't link up to your account they've had to make them all available from the start.

If that's the case it still doesn't make sense that there are still some empty spaces that can't be filled at all. Unless I've missed some.
  • edited July 2009
    PinkPig wrote: »
    The tiki pole seems (in theory) like it's only supposed to be used by people using the Wii version. Since, without it, us PC users can't get access to maps after the first 2 I expect that they plan to "release" the maps online one-by-one during the season.

Which makes you wonder why they're available to "unlock" at all - I suspect it may be that because the Wii version can't link up to your account they've had to make them all available from the start.

If that's the case it still doesn't make sense that there are still some empty spaces that can't be filled at all. Unless I've missed some.

If I were you, I wouldn't question it. Don't bitch about a good thing or it will surely go away.
  • edited July 2009
    We need an official confirmation from the Telltale staff on how we are supposed to go about this. Oh Jake, we summon you like a spirit elemental to answer this pestering question else we continue asking it til the forums are over run with repetition(too late).
  • edited July 2009
    Hm, I seem to have similiarily jacked up my account by playing with the Tiki.

Oops.
  • edited July 2009
    I've played around with the tikis too... Couldn't help it. All those years playing Indy games...
    Well, main idea: I've "unlocked" maps but nothing happens. How did you guys manage to mess up your accounts?
  • edited July 2009
    The temptation of the tiki was too much for me to handle. I admit it. Maybe we should have some kind of AA meetings about this, since it's too addictive to quit.
  • edited July 2009
    Hello, my name is Wolfy and I...I have a tiki addiction.
  • edited July 2009
    Hello, my name is Wolfy and I...I have a tiki addiction.

(sigh) *monotone voice* Hi Wolfy.
  • edited July 2009
    lulz i just unlocked 7 things in a couple of minutes

i dont even get what im meant to do

I clicked on the link from the first post

played around with the heads

unlocked stuff

is that all im meant to do?
    whats this thing about going back to play tomi
  • edited July 2009
    I did the same, unlocked all the free codes.

Was fun.
  • edited July 2009
    what a waste.
  • edited July 2009
    My brother screw with the tiki on my account and now I can't get rid of the stuff he unlocked.
  • edited July 2009
    hamzie wrote: »
    is that all im meant to do?
    whats this thing about going back to play tomi
    At least with one of the maps, when you went in-game and hadn't fully unlocked it, and you clicked treasure hunt, you would get back to Flotsam Island and find a map in your inventory. When you open it and follow it, you would unlock that map and get a prize.
  • edited July 2009
    In hindsight, they probably should have locked the tiki codes until the corresponding maps were actually available, but it's probably too late for that now.
  • edited July 2009
    Thespis wrote: »
    In hindsight, they probably should have locked the tiki codes until the corresponding maps were actually available, but it's probably too late for that now.
    Heh yeah. :) Ah well good "lesson" for the developers ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Has there been an official word on whether the difference in map numbers for Wii and PC is a bug? (i.e. a bug releasing too many maps for Wii, or a bug not releasing enough maps for PC.)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.