- Victim - Guybrush
    - Scientist - DeSinge
    - Transformation - LeChuck
    - Disease - Pox of LeChuck

Duh...
  • edited July 2009
    What's this about tarot cards:confused:
  • edited July 2009
    Slightly confused, are the maps supposed to first show up on the web page or in the game? Or is that something I'm supposed to figure out? :)

I have found the first two btw, so I don't think there is a problem with my game or anything.
  • edited July 2009
    Soultaker wrote: »
    What's this about tarot cards:confused:

They're on the wallpaper that one of the Treasure Hunts bestows you with upon completion, the one with the Voodoo Lady on it. ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Huh, my wallpaper was of LeChuck :confused:

Nah, I kid, bet that really annoyed some of you for a second though ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Those skulls on the Tarot cards REALLY remind me of Murray.
  • edited July 2009
    They're on the wallpaper that one of the Treasure Hunts bestows you with upon completion, the one with the Voodoo Lady on it. ;)
    Ahh, now I see. I didn't even notice that when I unlocked it.

Seeing how this is a series wallpaper (not just ep 1) I would think the the Scientist is not the Marquis de Singe (he has been disposed of already) and the Victim could be anybody at this point...
  • edited July 2009
    Soultaker wrote: »
    Ahh, now I see. I didn't even notice that when I unlocked it.

Seeing how this is a series wallpaper (not just ep 1) I would think the the Scientist is not the Marquis de Singe (he has been disposed of already) and the Victim could be anybody at this point...
    I don't think we've seen the last of DeSinge, considering he seems to be the one putting into motion the capture of Guybrush for the fourth episode.
  • edited July 2009
    Cool idea, this treasure hunt! :) And nice that you connect it to the official account. A little bit against piracy. I already saw pirated versions of ToMI circling on the net. :)
  • edited July 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    Yep. If you wait until Star Wars comes out on DVD, you can no longer go to Taco Bell and get a cup with a picture of Yoda on it which might let you win a free can of Pepsi, too. In other words, in the grand scheme of things, it's probably not a big deal if you miss the treasure hunt. It's a fun thing to do during the wait between episodes, to get psyched up, etc, and you might win something, but it's as far from an essential piece of the game as you can get.

thanks jake... i'll probably check it out and pheraps i may win a pepsi cup with Yoda inside it launching a StarWars DVD against a screaming narwhal... :eek:
    :)
  • edited July 2009
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Hey, you wouldn't by some freaky happenstance happen to be using a 64-bit operating system, would you?

As a matter of fact I do. Why?
  • edited July 2009
    I really like the treasure hunting and I love the fact that Telltale uses the actual game for this instead of a crappy flash-game embedded in the website.

But ... according to the three important looking pirates from the Scumm Bar, shouldn't it be called "Treasure Hunt-er-y"? :D
  • edited July 2009
    Enradan wrote: »
    But ... according to the three important looking pirates from the Scumm Bar, shouldn't it be called "Treasure Hunt-er-y"? :D

I agree :D
  • edited July 2009
    has anyone found the third map yet?
  • edited July 2009
    there is no third map yet
  • edited July 2009
    Well, "The Victim" is in the exact same pose as Guybrush as the end of ep. 1, so . . .

And does anyone know when more treasure maps will be released?
  • edited July 2009
    Well, at least we know that there will be 15, right?
  • edited July 2009
    can you do this on wii with the wi fi
  • edited July 2009
    Just tried out the Treasure Hunting. Everything worked fine but why do i have to restart the application once i got a treasure and want to search for a new one?
  • edited July 2009
    Well, at least we know that there will be 15, right?

I think it's going to be 12, based on the way the third glitched map changed positions when scrolling back and forth.
  • edited July 2009
    taumel wrote: »
    Just tried out the Treasure Hunting. Everything worked fine but why do i have to restart the application once i got a treasure and want to search for a new one?

You don't have to shut down the game. Firstly you can alt-tab out of the game if you want to, secondly it gives you an option to say "No" and continue looking for another treasure.

I find it much fun, this "mini game" :)
  • edited July 2009
    xzodia wrote: »
    - Victim - Guybrush

guybrushvictim.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    I think people are forgetting spoiler tags... but then maybe everyone's completed it now *shrugs*
  • edited July 2009
    Scapetti wrote: »
    I think people are forgetting spoiler tags... but then maybe everyone's completed it now *shrugs*

I havent completed it. And I am planning on buying it.
  • edited July 2009
    You don't have to shut down the game. Firstly you can alt-tab out of the game if you want to, secondly it gives you an option to say "No" and continue looking for another treasure.

I find it much fun, this "mini game" :)

Aha, here it shut down the app in between.
  • edited July 2009
    For crying our loud, put some SPOILER TAGS, people! This is not the hints forum!
  • edited July 2009
    i dont even get a second map after finding the first X oO
    ah i didnt click on the "click here" dialugue to get the first prize lol
  • edited July 2009
    I've find 2
  • edited July 2009
    i need help, my dad downloaded the game under his email address and telltale games account, i had to enter his email before i could play the game, i have completed the first chapter and now i want to go treasure hunting, but i want to use a username of my own to get my prizes, how do i do this?
  • edited July 2009
    my avatars
    wont download correctly, i'm sure this will be sorted out though.

This is a great idea =] i'm glad to revist the game and have somthing to do. Cant wait for more maps to be realised.
  • jmmjmm
    edited July 2009
    stone6356 wrote: »
    i need help, my dad downloaded the game under his email address and telltale games account, i had to enter his email before i could play the game, i have completed the first chapter and now i want to go treasure hunting, but i want to use a username of my own to get my prizes, how do i do this?

Send and email to support. They'll be able to help you
  • edited July 2009
    I played around with TikiCode-thingy, and I got a completed map that was placed in "slot" (square area) four. It's called DSHRAHG, and rewarded me with a discount on a purchase of choice. Is this the "famed" third map that others have found?
  • edited July 2009
    Insight wrote: »
    I played around with TikiCode-thingy, and I got a completed map that was placed in "slot" (square area) four. It's called DSHRAHG, and rewarded me with a discount on a purchase of choice. Is this the "famed" third map that others have found?

I believe so.
    What is strange is that I have previously been through every combination possible, and never unlocked the piece until I tried again this morning (after only two code entries, even). But yeah, everyone else was talking about one that offers a discount code, so this sounds the same... though I thought they had one appear on the second page of maps...
  • edited July 2009
    Derwin wrote: »
    I believe so.
    What is strange is that I have previously been through every combination possible, and never unlocked the piece until I tried again this morning (after only two code entries, even). But yeah, everyone else was talking about one that offers a discount code, so this sounds the same... though I thought they had one appear on the second page of maps...

Hmm.
    Weird. I guess the map was accidentally available to early, so they removed it, and now it's back because they're preparing for another batch? Seems a bit early with new maps already though.
  • edited July 2009
    Insight wrote: »
    Hmm.
    Weird. I guess the map was accidentally available to early, so they removed it, and now it's back because they're preparing for another batch? Seems a bit early with new maps already though.
    I have 6 maps unlocked right now from playing with the tiki
  • edited July 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    I have 6 maps unlocked right now from playing with the tiki
    I'll have to be careful then, I'd rather not ruin all my in-game treasure hunting. :eek:
  • edited July 2009
    I have just unlocked a map by playing with the tiki. When I go into the game the map appears, and it says that I have completed it. I just find it a bit od that you apparently can fiddle with the idol and get prizes without solving any puzzels.. hope it's a bug of some sort
  • edited July 2009
    Anyone has more than two "legally" unlocked maps?
  • edited July 2009

no, there is only 2 out so far, more should be out later
  • edited July 2009

Actually upon playing the Wii version, the maps I've unlocked are in it, I'll check the PC version and see if new maps have opened up in it in a little while, but I believe new maps may be in game if you check.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.