Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Actually, interchangeable clothes/accessories for Guybrush could be very cool, especially if it let us swap him into costumes based on what he wore in earlier games. Or Sam's suit.
  • edited July 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    or Sam's suit.

This would be all kinds of win. :D
  • edited July 2009
    Mike Haley wrote: »
    A third map piece/prize appeared on my page for a discount code (I don't know how, as I didn't complete a quest in-game for it), but the discount code is blank. I may have broken something... The prize is labeled G.

Wow, same trouble here... and when I go back in the game the second treasure is always "not found"... !
  • edited July 2009
    I think that I speak for everyone when I say that one of the prizes should be a LeChuckie Doll.
  • edited July 2009
    David E wrote: »
    Yep, a couple of other people have reported this! It's been passed along to the devs.
    Add me to the list... :(

EDIT: Okay, claiming my second booty fixed the downloads for the first one...

np: B12 - Moon Over Moab Remix (B12 Records Archive Vol. 7 (Disc 2))
  • edited July 2009
    How much I love TTG??? :D
  • edited July 2009
    Are the prizes and tiki gods the same as well? In that case let's all meet down at the tavern and forget about treasure hunting using our second treasure! ARRRRRRRRR! *puts on Scumm Bar tune*
  • edited July 2009
    I have also "accidentally" completed the maps playing a bit with the tiki figure on the web page (4^3=64 combinations only to set the eyes, nose and mouth). :(

Is there any way to "replay" those treasure hunts or remove the treasures I found already to start from scratch?
  • edited July 2009
    I can't use the Steam version? well that sucks.
  • edited July 2009
    I think that I speak for everyone when I say that one of the prizes should be a LeChuckie Doll.

Listen to this man.
  • edited July 2009
    Well, the two maps done before heading out for work, will look out for more.
  • edited July 2009
    Wow! Wooow!

stupid time zone difference thingie...

I just woke up and everybody already found stuff and went digging and... why am I the last one to find out about new stuff? :p Can I talk to someone about moving Romania to, say... USA?? That way, I can keep up with everybody!

Dudes, I can't wait to go treasure hunting! This is one of the coolest ideas I've ever seen regarding easter-eggs and bonuses in a game.

TTG Team = A Bunch of Geniuses

Thank you!
  • edited July 2009
    I hope one prize is that we get to replace the Guybrush figure with all the others.
    I'd love to walk around as a giant Mr Featherly, or The Cow (though that'd be a hidden quest :))
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    If you're a Steam or D2D customer, you can get involved too.

Treasure Hunting is available in the Free Demo download for Tales of Monkey Island.
  • Two tries... I kid you not.

Two tries is all it took for me to guess the code for the first "prize" (wallpaper).

To be honest, I wasn't even trying to guess - I was just curious to see what kind of code was needed and played around with it a little. The second time I hit "submit" my code was accepted.

Hmm, maybe I can hit the next one too...
  • edited July 2009
    Two tries... I kid you not.

Two tries is all it took for me to guess the code for the first "prize" (wallpaper).

To be honest, I wasn't even trying to guess - I was just curious to see what kind of code was needed and played around with it a little. The second time I hit "submit" my code was accepted.

Hmm, maybe I can hit the next one too...

Someone already pointed out how few combinations there are, but what's the fun in that?
  • edited July 2009
    I take it this wont work for the wiiware version huh.:(
    There wont be a code that comes with the map to give us the treasure map. Then once we complete it, we get code to download prizes here.
    That wont be it huh:(
  • edited July 2009
    I take it the code system is only there so that unregistered demo users can participate. Just remove it for the registered gamers and give us in game prizes as mentioned in the thread. The demo players wouldn't be able to use these anyway.
  • edited July 2009
    Great Marketing fun! Well done TTG!
  • edited July 2009
    Wallpaper url please?

A working one. 1920x1200.
    I'd like to replace my current Tales of Monkey Island one with that one.

Edit: now it worked, after opening the page directly from a new tab. opening the page from the treasurehunting page however doesn't.

Using chrome 3.0.187.0 on Windows 7 x64 RC.
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Treasure hunting in WiiWare? hmmm ....

If you're a WiiWare customer, download the game as soon as it's available and take a look. You may very well find treasure fun there too!
  • edited July 2009
    lol i was gona send an email asking 4 help cos it wouldnt unlock :P
  • edited July 2009
    xtrmntr wrote: »
    Whoa! That's weird... :confused: Did you play around with the Tiki code thing at all before it appeared?
    I found the 3rd map when i was playing with the tiki code. It shows up on the site but not in the game.
  • edited July 2009
    Just hunted for the first and second map the honest way :) Can pretend this incident never happened :P
  • edited July 2009
    Magwill wrote: »
    I take it the code system is only there so that unregistered demo users can participate. Just remove it for the registered gamers and give us in game prizes as mentioned in the thread. The demo players wouldn't be able to use these anyway.
    ... and for the demo players give us license keys to unlock the full version as rewards instead. :D
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Aeterna wrote: »
    Wallpaper url please?

A working one. 1920x1200.
    I'd like to replace my current Tales of Monkey Island one with that one.

Edit: now it worked, after opening the page directly from a new tab. opening the page from the treasurehunting page however doesn't.

Using chrome 3.0.187.0 on Windows 7 x64 RC.

This was a bug we were aware of. It should be fixed now.
  • edited July 2009
    joeldee wrote: »

If you're a WiiWare customer, download the game as soon as it's available and take a look. You may very well find treasure fun there too!

So, I have to download it the first day its available on wiiware for treasure hunting?:confused:
  • edited July 2009
    Hey, I see "random prizes" combined with "limited run" and I have to ask. There's not going to be some kind of exclusive content that I'm going to be really sad if I don't manage to get, is there? I mean, I don't really care that much about stuff like discounts and assets, especially because I already own all your games and it's fairly trivial to find assets online. But if there's going to be in-game content unlocked, I really hope I'm not going to have to get lucky in order to get all of it.
  • edited July 2009
    So... Telltale people... are the 2D images (which are great by the way) forshadowing stuff in the upcoming episodes?
  • edited July 2009
    Is anyone else have trouble extracting the avatars file? Neither winzip nor winrar seems to think its a valid file. I downloaded it twice but it still won't open. Is this another reason I should hate Windows Vista, or is this some sort of glitch?
  • edited July 2009
    Nimeni wrote: »
    Is anyone else have trouble extracting the avatars file? Neither winzip nor winrar seems to think its a valid file.
    I got the file to extract just fine with WinRar.
  • edited July 2009
    I know some have said they had trouble getting the prizes, but then telltale said it was fixed.

I got the first one to work, but then after digging up the second one, neither prize link works!

Also, the second time I played the game, the green stuff coming of Guybrush had a big green square in it occasionally, anyone had that?
  • edited July 2009
    I have a problem! I did the first treasure hunt and got the wallpaper and second map. When i start up the game again to search for the second piece, the other map isn't in my inventory and only the completed map is there. I think it's because my brother is the one who actually bought the game and it's under his login name, but i'm tryin to do the treasure hunt by myself under my own login name. How can i log off his name in the game so that i can do the next treasure hunt?
  • edited July 2009
    does it work for the soon to come out wii version as well?
  • edited July 2009
    dentbuds wrote: »
    does it work for the soon to come out wii version as well?

Look around, you will see a telltale employe "hinting" it.
    joeldee wrote: »

• edited July 2009

I'd buy one of these. Twice.
  • edited July 2009
    kbogle24 wrote: »
    I found the 3rd map when i was playing with the tiki code. It shows up on the site but not in the game.
    With me it's the opposite. I have it in the game, but not on the site. I can't find any treasure with it, though, as it appears to be already found, like the two other maps, and when I look at it I get the same screen as the other found maps, just with IKKPTOO - God of Curiously Viscous Winds.

Edit: Oh, sorry, I found it on the site too when I clicked on the arrow on the list of gods.

Edit2: Haha...

"Congratulations, you've won a prize. Apply this code during checkout for ."

Hm. Never played . before, so I'm looking forward to check it out. And you can write in your own coupon code. Interesting.
  • edited July 2009
    mintfresh wrote: »
    Also, the second time I played the game, the green stuff coming of Guybrush had a big green square in it occasionally, anyone had that?

I noticed that the second time i played the game too (not sure if it happened the first time).
  • edited July 2009
    Yes I had some glitchy squares coming off Guybrush as well. I assumed it was my graphics card drivers or something.
  • edited July 2009
    ... and for the demo players give us license keys to unlock the full version as rewards instead. :D

Listen to this man
Sign in to comment in this discussion.