The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I had a couple timeline questions. How long roughly between the end of s1 and the beginning of s2 at the rest stop? Also how many years has it been at the start of ANF when they're traveling in the van?

• Wasn't there a 9-11 month gap between Omid getting killed by Michelle in Gil's Pitstop and Christa's depressing campfire in North Carolina? Based on that and Clementine telling Bonnie she's 11 a week later, I'd say it could've been roughly the same amount of time between the two seasons.

As for ANF, it would've been about four or five--that's the amount of time Clementine would've needed to turn from fresh 9 to 13, which is compounded by her backstory with the New Frontier somehow collectively happening within barely month in Above the Law and the retcon of Gabe being 14 in From the Gallows.

I had a couple timeline questions. How long roughly between the end of s1 and the beginning of s2 at the rest stop? Also how many years has it been at the start of ANF when they're traveling in the van?

• Anyone got that early render demo thing with Violet and Tenn by the fishing shack ? Can't seem to find it right now

• It's a small part of this, but here ya go.

Anyone got that early render demo thing with Violet and Tenn by the fishing shack ? Can't seem to find it right now

• thanks

DabigRG posted: »

It's a small part of this, but here ya go.

• Besides Ava, which characters did David already know from the army?

• Many of his portion of followers were presumably also soldiers, given Joan's comments on them.
    Max also notes that they are a unit, which on top of the apparent close friendship they [used to] have, implies he was one of them as well.

Besides Ava, which characters did David already know from the army?

• In TFS episode 1 when Clem, Louis and Violet go to get food from the train station, Violet says she's going to watch the door and the Abel just strolls in like nothing. Later Violet comes in surprised to find Abel there. What the heck is Violet doing when she's supposed to be watching the door??

• ...Takin a piss?
    Best guess, she probably ducked out for a second to either avoid/dispatch a few walkers or check up on Louis and Abel slipped in when she was distracted.

Pyreflie posted: »

In TFS episode 1 when Clem, Louis and Violet go to get food from the train station, Violet says she's going to watch the door and the Abel j

• Have the Deltas encountered James and/or the Whisperers before?

• Lilly seemed to recognise James on the boat, iirc she said something like “no wonder there were so many Walkers”.

Have the Deltas encountered James and/or the Whisperers before?

• Do you think Badger, Lonnie, and Rufus were in David's unit?

Many of his portion of followers were presumably also soldiers, given Joan's comments on them. Max also notes that they are a unit, which on top of the apparent close friendship they [used to] have, implies he was one of them as well.

• Well, if someone is curious about Clementine's height:

• Eh, probably? At least Lonnie was anyway.
    Badger is admittedly ambiguous, while Rufus seemed to be one of Clint's men rather than David's.

Do you think Badger, Lonnie, and Rufus were in David's unit?

• What about Lonnie makes him seem more like David's man than Badger?

Also in episode 5 David says that Fern (and her family I think, including Rufus) are his people

Eh, probably? At least Lonnie was anyway. Badger is admittedly ambiguous, while Rufus seemed to be one of Clint's men rather than David's.

• Probably belongs in the details thread.

FetchWalker posted: »

Well, if someone is curious about Clementine's height:

• ...So how was Ms Rapp's impression of what TFS has done?

• Looking at her concept designs, do you think Lilith was originally the one messing with the traps?

• It could've been both. Since you can find the bible cigarette in both places.

Looking at her concept designs, do you think Lilith was originally the one messing with the traps?

• edited February 2019

True.
    Great, now I'm imagining her as one of those liberator hippies.

It could've been both. Since you can find the bible cigarette in both places.

• So one notion I infrequently came across in regards to Season 2 is it having "Depending on the Writer" syndrome. Do you think that's fair and, for the real question, would you say the following seasons/installments also have it?

• I think the last two episodes suffered from it somewhat, but most of it was nothing to get angry about. On the other hand, case and point with ANF. That was dialed up to 11.

So one notion I infrequently came across in regards to Season 2 is it having "Depending on the Writer" syndrome. Do you think that's fair and, for the real question, would you say the following seasons/installments also have it?

• edited February 2019

Oh? I seem to recall that being levied at the entire season.

I think the last two episodes suffered from it somewhat, but most of it was nothing to get angry about. On the other hand, case and point with ANF. That was dialed up to 11.

• Why do you think Shades-Chick and her partner were visiting Eleanor's apartment at the beginning of Thicker Than Water?

• Here's something I didn't think of before: What is Abel actually smoking?

• Bible pages or something.

Here's something I didn't think of before: What is Abel actually smoking?

• Yeah, I know that, but what was he smoking?

iFoRias posted: »

Bible pages or something.

• edited February 2019

Cigarettes,just bible page wrapped cigarettes.

Yeah, I know that, but what was he smoking?

• Um...okay.
    So he's smoking smoke.

iFoRias posted: »

Cigarettes,just bible page wrapped cigarettes.

• Haha, I imagine they found some tobacco growing somewhere or they grow it themselves?

Um...okay. So he's smoking smoke.

• There we go!

Haha, I imagine they found some tobacco growing somewhere or they grow it themselves?

• edited February 2019

What do you think the other characters would've named AJ if they had the chance?

• In the beginning of ANF there's another man at the Garcia house, how is he related to the family? He's not Javier and David's brother right? He seems way too young to be the brother of the parents.

• Clem would've named him Lee, Jane would have named him Jaime

What do you think the other characters would've named AJ if they had the chance?

• That's Hector. He is apparently Rafa's brother, iirc, but the original intent for his character was to be Mariana's father.

In the beginning of ANF there's another man at the Garcia house, how is he related to the family? He's not Javier and David's brother right? He seems way too young to be the brother of the parents.

• Was Carlos also supposed to be wearing a strap on his back?

• Who is Rafa? The guy that died?

That's Hector. He is apparently Rafa's brother, iirc, but the original intent for his character was to be Mariana's father.

• Yes, Javier's papa.
    Hector calls him that when he's seemingly back up and its short for Rafael.

Who is Rafa? The guy that died?

• Okay, cool, thanks!

Yes, Javier's papa. Hector calls him that when he's seemingly back up and its short for Rafael.

• What do the papers on Matthew's wall say?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.