The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - "Thicker Than Water" - AMA

Comments

• enter image description here

@ everyone asking about DLC and/or Season 4 and/or finale spoilers: c'mon, you know we have to give you a non-answer for that stuff

• edited April 2017

This does shed some much needed light on the Tripp/Ava choice betrayal. Thank you! :)

• edited April 2017

Will Episode 5 give us new locations?

Will Lee have some role in Episode 5? I don't mean alive, I mean, will you give us another Lee flashback like in the previous season?

• Alyssa_TTGAlyssa_TTG Former Telltale Staff
    1. Season finales are terrifying and hard and complicated and full of pressure for meeting, exceeding, and exploding expectations. Like all things that are incredibly hard, you hope for them to be rewarding for everyone when you get to the finish line. And that's something that every one of us working on the finale have been thinking about. Every day.

2. That sounds like a choice for Clem to make.

3. That's up to you.

AronDracula posted: »

* What are your thoughts on your work on Episode 5? * Will the romance between Clem and Gave be optional? * How many characters will survive this season?

• How many characters will survive this season?

That's up to you.

...Interesting.

Alyssa_TTG posted: »

* Season finales are terrifying and hard and complicated and full of pressure for meeting, exceeding, and exploding expectations. Like all

• AdamWritesVideoGamesAdamWritesVideoGames Former Telltale Staff

My favorite episode is definitely "From the Gallows." Oh, man, you guys remember that AMAZING part where--er! Whoops. That was close. ;-)

Hey guys! I absolutely loved Thicker Than Water. Best of the Season so far. * What's your favorite episode of the Season? * How long do you think From The Gallows will be? * Any hope for a Season 4?

• edited April 2017

What happened with "Shades Chick?"

Who created each character?

What are the ages and heights of characters introduced in Above the Law?

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Blind with the memes, always :joy:

• Will there be deaths?

My favorite episode is definitely "From the Gallows." Oh, man, you guys remember that AMAZING part where--er! Whoops. That was close. ;-)

• That sounds like a choice for Clem to make.

... but I want to control her ...

* Season finales are terrifying and hard and complicated and full of pressure for meeting, exceeding, and exploding expectations. Like all

• Did you even play the game?
    There were lots of dialogs and flashbacks about their past...

Can any Telltale Staff, tell me what life was like for Kate before the apocalypse?

• edited April 2017

That sounds like a choice for Clem to make

enter image description here

• edited April 2017

I believe that's the wrong coat. ;)

C Schroyer posted: »

Re: Clem's coat - Our little Clem is growing up! As seen in flashbacks, she held onto it for as long as she could by cutting off the sleeves and making it into a vest, but I think it got too small for her.

• AdamWritesVideoGamesAdamWritesVideoGames Former Telltale Staff

Nice! New tune for me to listen while writing these fantastic games of ours. Thanks for adding to the playlist!

Thanks for the question. My favorite would have to be One off their album ...And Justice For All.

So does this mean it depends on my choices from the previous seasons?

• Can any Telltale Staff, tell me what life was like for Kate before the apocalypse?

• I didst see a no, so I'll take that as a yes

enter image description here

@ everyone asking about DLC and/or Season 4 and/or finale spoilers: c'mon, you know we have to give you a non-answer for that stuff

• Is there a chance we might see more comic book characters/locations in Episode 5? Besides Jesus.

• Alyssa_TTGAlyssa_TTG Former Telltale Staff

I'll take on your first question: For some people, it's a super awkward topic. For others, it's something they deal with on a monthly basis for a large part of their life. The thing that was really interesting to me about taking this topic on is that it's in that uncomfortable space of things people don't always talk in detail about outside of families -- so though, as Clem mentions, she knows it's a thing, it's not clear that anyone ever got into the details of what and why and how with her. But unfortunately, especially the first time it happens -- it's not something you plan for or know the timing of. Sometimes you've got to ask the person you trust most in the moment, even if they're not the person you'd ideally choose.

• What was the development of the 4 leaders of the New Frontier like and how it came to be? And will we get more moments where Clem tries to help Javi emotionally considering the recent events?

• C SchroyerC Schroyer Telltale Alumni

While the folks of Richmond have been hostile to Javi and Clem, they've been quite welcoming to her thanks to her medical knowledge. After expressing doubts about the necessity for the group's plan, she goes to Joan because she feels that is the best chance that she has to make a deal for herself and Tripp to stay in Richmond.

Why does Eleanor tell Joan the plan when Conrad is alive and the others tell her it'd be stupid?

• You're welcome, always love introducing people to Metallica.

Nice! New tune for me to listen while writing these fantastic games of ours. Thanks for adding to the playlist!

As in, a choice we will make as her?

• I would love to see the stats on a choice like that.

That sounds like a choice for Clem to make. As in, a choice we will make as her?

• In Jane's flashback in episode 4, we get to see Carver's corpse, am I mistaken or can I see Sarita, Carlos and Troy's corpse? Confirmation?

• char

Did you mean to say "character"?

• And I promise that we have NOT forgotten the hat.

v

Wellington 100% matters. If Clem left Kenny behind at the gates and went in, that was a hugely character building moment (as well as a tr

Thank you so much!

I can't speak to the writing of it, but I can talk about designing the scene in Medical. We knew that this would be a scene that people would talk about and wanted to make sure this scene came off in a genuine and sincere way. In order to do this, we gave it a lot of thought as a team and even conducted a few mini-playtests with various folks around the studio. We normally agonize over the slightest dialog phrasing and choice text, but for this scene we went the extra mile to make sure that it would represent a wide range of player reactions and emotions.

Any possibilities that this Ranch that AJ's located in is the legendary slaughterhouse? How difficult was it writing the period scene lol

• I do not know whether you guys care or not but I want to ask, when TWD: ANF end, are y'all going to make another miniseries like Michonne? Because .... I do not know .I have a plan for a miniseries (if you guys want to accept my (weird) idea)

Also,I like Episode 4 more than Episode 1,2 and 3.I hope Episode 5 getting more surprise and action!Good luck and keep on going,Telltale!

• Will there be a huge moment between David kate and his brother

It's not stated that Clem has been there a long time, only that Lingard has remained unresponsive since she arrived.

I would like clarification on one thing, if it's possible. Why did Javier, who had just before been stabbed by a relatively large knife,

From David's perspective, Clint is asking David give up Richmond, something that he's worked hard to build and protect. After being betrayed by Joan, being asked to leave by Clint still stings.

mutafow posted: »

* How did you come up with the idea of killing the person you chose to save? * Why David chases Clint at the end of the episode, when clear

• Why is there no restart chapter option. And why when wanting to restart episodes leads to losing all your data from previous episodes.

• "He's been out of it since I got here" is her exact quote when he runs in on Clem rummaging through shelves, so it's assumed that she's been there for at least long enough to use as an explanation for why Lingard is out cold.

Which means it can also be assumed she has been searching for supplies for roughly that same allotted time.

It's not stated that Clem has been there a long time, only that Lingard has remained unresponsive since she arrived.

As someone that's been at Telltale since 2010 and worked on season 1, I can honestly say that Clem holds a special place in my heart. Seeing folks create fanart or cosplaying as Clem always makes me a little teary-eyed. No matter where she goes or what she does, she's always going to be the little girl that Lee discovered in the treehouse to me.

• I killed her so her plan didn't work out

Those bodies could be anybody.

In Jane's flashback in episode 4, we get to see Carver's corpse, am I mistaken or can I see Sarita, Carlos and Troy's corpse? Confirmation?

• Who's idea was it to make Javi the playable protagonist because he replaced Clem?

As someone that's been at Telltale since 2010 and worked on season 1, I can honestly say that Clem holds a special place in my heart. Seeing

Most appreciated!

These flashbacks are among the most emotionally challenging scenes I've worked on here at Telltale. Adam and I knew how much it would mean to players to really say goodbye to some of their favorite characters in the series. The pressure to deliver for y'all was bonkers! I hope that people found the right words to say (or hug to give!) to Kenny at the end of the scene.

A big thank you to Adam Miller for being an incredible creative partner on these sequences.

ReTaLiN posted: »

Who wrote the Kenny flashback? That was a 10/10 flashback.

This discussion has been closed.