Batman: The Enemy Within - Ep 1 Waiting Thread; Releases starting Aug 8th, Mobile Oct 3rd

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I am not 100% sure about the Windows 10 version but i think it releases around the same times as the Steam and Telltale store version.

IDredMan posted: »

And I'm assuming the Windows 10 store version is lumped up with the Xbox version, since they're both Microsoft?

• edited August 2017

Welp, I would just like to thank Telltale and a Youtube asshole who because of a full week of having access to this game has now put a giant spoiler in a title of his video. I feared that this would happen and because of it I am now not going to buy this game. Instead I'm just going to watch a Youtuber play through it because they're getting this massive special treatment here. I watch a ton of stuff on Youtube and was avoiding any and all spoilers to this game however right there in the "recommended" section I am forced to see a stupid spoiler. So thanks a lot Telltale, this marketing strategy completely backfired for me as you'll not get my money. This same BS happened with the finale of TWD last season and I only played it because I already purchased the season pass. Now I've been given a spoiler to episode one of Batman S2 so it just saves me the money of purchasing the game. If you're going to give out early access to these games to Youtubers, make sure that they somehow aren't allowed to post spoilers IN THEIR VIDEO TITLE!!! This beyond pisses me off.

• Telltale can't be blamed for that. They are doing what's right for the sales of their latest project.

Smurfbate posted: »

Welp, I would just like to thank Telltale and a Youtube asshole who because of a full week of having access to this game has now put a giant

• I just got the Bruce and joker hot secs scene spoiled

Welp, I would just like to thank Telltale and a Youtube asshole who because of a full week of having access to this game has now put a giant

• Maybe they can make these Youtubers sign something that prevents them from putting spoilers in their video titles. It's like if you go to Rotten Tomatoes and the brief little part of a reviewers review that they show contains a massive spoiler to the movie you're checking to see if it's good before hand. Maybe if people break this signed agreement they no longer get such privileged early access to Telltale's games. There is always SOMETHING somebody could possibly do. We just might not know specifically what that is at the moment. If this is what's best for their sales then I'm making sure to keep my money in my pocket because of this issue specifically they're not going to get my money. Best way for me to voice my displeasure with the issue.

Telltale can't be blamed for that. They are doing what's right for the sales of their latest project.

• It sucks that you got spoiled but I think you're going a little overboard. It won't ruin the entire episode for you and not to mention that there's still four more episodes after this. Also it's not Telltale's fault. Blame the YouTuber.

• I understand where you are coming from but this is the 2nd episode in a row a massive spoiler has been spoiled for me in regards to Telltale's games because of Youtuber's with early access and it's something that was beyond my control. I believe there has to be SOMETHING that Telltale can do about this by making Youtubers that get said early access to sign something to prevent this from happening or they can somehow take legal action or something. I don't know what exactly that something is but I've got to believe there is something that they can do about it. I'm not going to avoid watching Youtube because I'm afraid of being spoiled, I shouldn't have to do that when I'm not even subscribed to the channels that have spoiled these things for me. It's either because of Google search or Youtube's recommendations on it's main page. I see no other way than to show my displeasure by not buying the game. It's as simple as that. If this was their marketing strategy then it backfired on me as they're no longer going to get my money. They want to give Youtubers this early access and allow people like me to be spoiled then I'll just watch their videos of the game play. So anybody here that uploads these let me know maybe I'll watch your playthrough of the game instead. I have literally bought every Telltale game outside of Minecraft and TWD Michonne so this truly sucks for me to do but I'm standing by my word this pissed me off that much and I feel like something can/should be done about being able to prevent this somehow.

AgentZ46 posted: »

It sucks that you got spoiled but I think you're going a little overboard. It won't ruin the entire episode for you and not to mention that there's still four more episodes after this. Also it's not Telltale's fault. Blame the YouTuber.

• Just because you don't know how to delete your history and avoid the recommended feed isn't Telltale's fault, its all on you. This is pretty much common knowledge for Telltale players at this point. Sounds like you need a cool down moment if your getting so upset over spoilers for a premiere episode, and your own blunder.

I understand where you are coming from but this is the 2nd episode in a row a massive spoiler has been spoiled for me in regards to Telltale

• Or you know, I shouldn't have to delete my history in order for youtubers to not put spoilers in their video titles before the game is released. If you don't agree with my complaint fine, but it's a valid complaint to have when something was forcibly spoiled for me. I'm voicing my opinion on the matter and am choosing to show my displeasure with my wallet. You don't like it? Oh well.

Just because you don't know how to delete your history and avoid the recommended feed isn't Telltale's fault, its all on you. This is pretty

• Should probably unsubscribe to SwingPoynt though, if anyone's subscribed to him. Don't want a repeat of SEX SEX SEX!

Just because you don't know how to delete your history and avoid the recommended feed isn't Telltale's fault, its all on you. This is pretty

• It already past 12 AM in New Zealand . Most youtubers who upload early use location as NZ or AUS on XBOX .

OzzyUK posted: »

I think MKIceandFire gets (or possibly used to get) press copies and would constantly break Telltale's embargo by posting it early, there ar

• No idea who that is so if this is a joke it went far over my head

Should probably unsubscribe to SwingPoynt though, if anyone's subscribed to him. Don't want a repeat of SEX SEX SEX!

• edited August 2017

Its not early access .
    The early access was only for 1 hr and it was available only to few youtubers .

If you have location as NZ or AUS on xbox you get it almost 2 days early and this is the strategy most youtubers who upload early use .

• edited August 2017

I'm putting this under a spoiler tag just to be sure, but these are the choices given in the choice generator.

Who did you save when the Children of Arkham attacked?

• Selina
    • Harvey

Did you spend the night with Selina?

• Yes
    • No

When Gotham was under attack, who did you chase down?

• The Penguin
    • Two-Face

When John Doe incited a riot in Arkham Asylum, how did you react?

• Intervened
    • Ran for the phone

Did you owe John Doe a favor?

• Yes
    • No

How did you and Selina Kyle part ways?

• As Friends
    • As Enemies

When Lady Arkham threatened Alfred, did you reveal your identity to protect him?

• Yes
    • No

After Lady Arkham was defeated, did you attend Gordon's press conference as Batman or Bruce Wayne?

• Batman
    • Bruce

How did you pledge to help Gotham recover?

• Rebuilding Arkham
    • Invest in the GCPD

Edit: The Episode names

Episode 1: "The Enigma"
    Episode 2: "The Pact"
    Episode 3: "Fractured Mask"
    Episode 4: "What Ails You"
    Episode 5: "Same Stitch"

• In episode 3 he did a thumbnail of Bruce and Selina kissing and titled it SEX SEX SEX.

No idea who that is so if this is a joke it went far over my head

• I wasn't aware that was a thing. So they can just put that as their location in their Xbox without proof or anything in order to get stuff early? If that's what this dude did then he's just a massive piece of shit probably looking to spoil things for people.

Its not early access . The early access was only for 1 hr and it was available only to few youtubers . If you have location as NZ or AUS on xbox you get it almost 2 days early and this is the strategy most youtubers who upload early use .

• See that wouldn't of bothered me really. It's when you massively spoil a plot point in the story of the episode. I'm being as vague as I can be as I don't want to reveal what exactly it was the got spoiled for me. I don't want anybody else to be spoiled by it.

In episode 3 he did a thumbnail of Bruce and Selina kissing and titled it SEX SEX SEX.

• edited August 2017

Yeah most youtubers who posted today didn't had the 1 week early access. So they probably have an account with a NZ time zone on their console .

For ps4 I know that you need to pay with nz dollars in order to get early access( 12 AM NZ time) . I dont know how early they get on xbox .

I wasn't aware that was a thing. So they can just put that as their location in their Xbox without proof or anything in order to get stuff e

• That's horseshit and something Xbox or somebody needs to change. I hate how little youtube assholes have to ruin things for me.

Yeah most youtubers who posted today didn't had the 1 week early access. So they probably have an account with a NZ time zone on their conso

• These are choices for season 1, right? I hope it has more of an effect.

• This season seems to have a darker story... Thoughts?

• edited August 2017

Yeah I also checked out the other episodes name nothing else and in episode three there is no doubt a shadow of cat woman so at least she returns.

Edit: Oh and episode fives name is same stitch

• These are the Season 1 choices that will most likely transfer over, yes. Some minor stuff could also be different if you use an actual save file instead of using the story generator, though. Stuff that wasn't important enough to make the generator, but could individualize your story a little.

ScootyZ posted: »

These are choices for season 1, right? I hope it has more of an effect.

• edited August 2017

Do you know what Episode 5 is called?

Edit: Thanks, I just found it in a video.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Yeah I also checked out the other episodes name nothing else and in episode three there is no doubt a shadow of cat woman so at least she returns. Edit: Oh and episode fives name is same stitch

• edited August 2017

Whether or not Harvey goes two-face in episode 5 was important, but didn't make it to the generator? Harvey could apologise if you treat him well the entire game and tries to suicide because he let Bruce down.

These are the Season 1 choices that will most likely transfer over, yes. Some minor stuff could also be different if you use an actual save

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

As there are some gameplay videos online i would just like to remind people to not post any gameplay videos or spoilers in this thread.

If you want to discuss the game or any spoilers please create new thread with a spoiler free title or find a thread that allows spoilers.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

Whether or not Harvey goes two-face in episode 5 was important, but didn't make it to the generator?

Who did you save when the Children of Arkham attacked?

• I think you have misunderstood me, depending on whether you were able to convince Harvey in episode 5, and also other choices; Harvey determinently does not get the two-face persona.

HiroVoid posted: »

Whether or not Harvey goes two-face in episode 5 was important, but didn't make it to the generator? Who did you save when the Children of Arkham attacked?

• edited August 2017

Aw man. Welp, Youtubers have now started uploading the episode in its entirety. Watch out, folks.

Do we know if the episode is out in Australia yet? Just want to know, since I assumed that the premiere episode always released at the same time internationally.. or not.

• Who else is mistaking the title as "Batman: The Evil Within"?

• I... may have been guilty of that one or two times. At least whenever I think of it in my head.

Now you've just made it worse, you fiend! Agghh!
    AronDracula posted: »

Who else is mistaking the title as "Batman: The Evil Within"?

• This is usually the time a Telltale episode shows up in Australia, but I haven't spotted it yet.

AChicken posted: »

Aw man. Welp, Youtubers have now started uploading the episode in its entirety. Watch out, folks. Do we know if the episode is out in Aus

• Me

AronDracula posted: »

Who else is mistaking the title as "Batman: The Evil Within"?

• edited August 2017

[removed]

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

They do archive, and this will also be posted on YouTube later as well!

AChicken posted: »

Ooh, I want to watch but I don't want the spoilers! Telltale you're tearing me apart! (does kinda funny usually archive their streams? Cause I'd love to watch this once I've played the episode for myself)

• Even if spoilers are super minor, please refrain from discussing any kinds of spoilers in Waiting Threads. Thanks!

• Just pre-ordered the game. Time to don the Bat-suit again.

• I preordered this on ps4 and it's got the timer set to midnight. Will I be able to play at midnight or do I have to wait til the afternoon?

• edited August 2017

Thread: Not on Xbox at all right now?

I wanted to check and hope I could get it (there's been a few times I could download a Telltale episode a bit early) but its not in the store at all for me, like not even in the Coming Soon section as a preorder which Telltales games have always been there before. Just wondering if anyone can find the game listed in the Xbox Store, or if its just not added yet at all even as a preorder game.

• Yeah I don’t live in Australia but I changed my region to Australia just to see if it was there and no matter how many times I added a punctuation or capitalization I couldn’t find it hopefully it will be out by tomorrow.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.