Batman: The Enemy Within - Ep 1 Waiting Thread; Releases starting Aug 8th, Mobile Oct 3rd

Comments

• John Doe really believes we are that dumb huh. We know his intents are not exactly noble.
    He did not try to bust us out of Arkham out of altruism, he wanted a clear field to deploy his plan.

You ain't fooling anyone Joker.

Poogers555 posted: »

So theres actually some more new Joker footage in this IGN video (Interview with voice actor starts at 9:48, New Joker footage starts at 17:40)

• I agreed to owe him a favor but then stopped the fight instead of using the phone... wonder if the game will be nuanced enough to let me bring it up?

Indeed. You even have the choice at the beginning to explicitly make the game understand you don't owe Doe a thing. He can go hug a tree.

• I'm so excited for this new take on the character! They're really pushing to make him sympathetic and I really like that.

The new joker seems really good!

• edited August 2017

Lol, remember when they said season 3 would be considerably larger, but then it turned out being the shortest season that was also split in half? Yeah, I remember.

Sorry, but until I play season 4 for myself and see that every episode is much longer, I wont be believing anything Telltale says anymore.

Over two hours in length? Fucking yes please.

• Damn.

Nope. It's Avesta.

• I imagine if you go that route the conversation would go something like this:

Bruce: "I told you I owe you nothing!"

John: "True... but I still broke you out. You'd still be in Arkham if not for me"

AChicken posted: »

From the news post: "only to come back this season with reason to believe that his ‘friend’ Bruce not only likes him but also owes him

• This is Telltale's Joker, remember that their universe is very different to the one we are accustomed to see in other types of media. I do believe that we can get along with John Doe, he's not the Joker yet and he genuinely cares about Bruce according to his voice actor.

John Doe really believes we are that dumb huh. We know his intents are not exactly noble. He did not try to bust us out of Arkham out of altruism, he wanted a clear field to deploy his plan. You ain't fooling anyone Joker.

• They explain at the exact mark I put that its edited to avoid spoilers, its more of a Joker showcase rather than a clip. So there isnt any spoilers.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Does it reveal much? Don't want to be spoiled too much.

• I don't buy that. He's psychotic and unpredictable.
    Very well acted I'm not denying that.

Shaboomm posted: »

This is Telltale's Joker, remember that their universe is very different to the one we are accustomed to see in other types of media. I do b

• Not even the opinions of fans who have played the game for themselves, and who aren't biased in any way because of the flop known as ANF?

Lol, remember when they said season 3 would be considerably larger, but then it turned out being the shortest season that was also split in

• True. Technically I do owe him, even if I said I didn't. He did do a very helpful thing.

I imagine if you go that route the conversation would go something like this: Bruce: "I told you I owe you nothing!" John: "True... but I still broke you out. You'd still be in Arkham if not for me"

• edited August 2017

Not trying to play "elder knows best" but I've been on these forums for years, before season 2 of TWD even came out. I'm one of the few left from that time and I have seen so much bullshit over the years from this company you wouldn't believe, only a fraction of said bullshit being ANF. Who's to blame for the flop? The company. Who lied to customers for years? The company. Who pushed aside TWD to make room for the upcoming games, sacrificing TWD, twice? The company.

Until I play season 4 for myself, anything telltale says is worth less than a grain of salt .

Not even the opinions of fans who have played the game for themselves, and who aren't biased in any way because of the flop known as ANF?

• Unfortunately somebody dies because of it if you don't stop the fighting :p

True. Technically I do owe him, even if I said I didn't. He did do a very helpful thing.

• edited August 2017

True. I'd been a fan of Telltale since I got TWD1 after EP4 was released.
    I never really looked into announcements or news about what Telltale were saying about their products until I joined these forums in 2015.
    That's when I saw what the "real fans" were talking about and how greatly they cared about their franchises. When TWD2 came out, I played every episode with a friend. We loved it.
    But looking back now, now that I consider myself a "real fan" of their games, I now share some of those opinions with you.
    WD Season 2 was unfortunately pushed to the side for Wolf, as it had a pretty disappointing plot. I still sort of enjoy it, but the Villain of the Week, lazy deaths, and cheap cliffhangers do put me off.
    As for ANF... We all know how that turned out.
    #NeverForgetCaprikorn

Hopefully, for your sake as well as Telltale's, TWD's Final season is as good as the first.

Not trying to play "elder knows best" but I've been on these forums for years, before season 2 of TWD even came out. I'm one of the few lef

• I never want to be a "real fan" if it means I have to be bitter all the time when something doesn't go my way.

True. I'd been a fan of Telltale since I got TWD1 after EP4 was released. I never really looked into announcements or news about what Tell

• Coming from a fan of Telltale since 2008, I can respect that you feel that way about ANF as I do agree that they miscommunicated or overhyped some aspects of the game, but I think some of your other points are selectively biased. Telltale hasn't been pushing TWD aside from other games - if anything, after Season 1's success story, they pushed other games aside for Walking Dead. I know most people only know Telltale from 2012 onward because of Season 1 of Walking Dead, but only focusing on that point in time from a Walking Dead fan perspective is being kinda biased.

I would disagree that Telltale "pushed TWD aside for other games" - for example, Wolf Among Us was announced on the same day as Walking Dead Season 1 at some press event in 2011. Telltale cancelled another IP they were working on to make Walking Dead Season 2, and Wolf had three major delays to incorporate Walking Dead style gameplay/story telling. Telltale has worked on multiple games at once even before Walking Dead, where their team was barely 1/4th or 1/5th of its current size. Not to mention, their games nowadays are basically interactive machinima so I think you are somewhat over estimating how much a 3-4 game workload would be taxing to a larger company like Telltale.

Not trying to play "elder knows best" but I've been on these forums for years, before season 2 of TWD even came out. I'm one of the few lef

• I'd beg to differ on some of the points that DLB made, as I explain in my post below.

True. I'd been a fan of Telltale since I got TWD1 after EP4 was released. I never really looked into announcements or news about what Tell

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

You're not an "elder" unless you've been around since the Sam & Max days. Maybe the Jurassic Park days.

Being a "real fan" means shitting on every point of a game and calling everyone who points out what they liked about it shills and demeaning insults about their intelligence.

I never want to be a "real fan" if it means I have to be bitter all the time when something doesn't go my way.

• edited August 2017

It should be quite a challenge to portray the Joker as a semi-sympathetic person, especially if he still murders people regardless of what you do. But the idea of Ingruber's Joker cycling through various incarnations of the character (Heath Ledger's psychotic monster, Jack Nicholson's wacky-but-still-homicidal-clown, Cesar Romero's goofball prankster) depending on his interactions with Bruce/Batman is fascinating. Maybe the deadliness of the Joker's pranks would hinge on how the player shapes him throughout the season.

The new joker seems really good!

• Sounds like a sad life.

HiroVoid posted: »

Being a "real fan" means shitting on every point of a game and calling everyone who points out what they liked about it shills and demeaning insults about their intelligence.

• edited August 2017

Try reading the first line of my comment where I literally said "NOT TRYING TO PLAY ELDER" And if you're going to address that you may as well address everything else I said, if you can.

You're not an "elder" unless you've been around since the Sam & Max days. Maybe the Jurassic Park days.

• edited August 2017

Lol, I know who you're talking about, but that doesn't mean everyone who dislikes the game is like that. Of all people I would think you'd know that.

And "shills" nice example, as I don't recall using that word in the past.

• edited August 2017

when something doesn't go my way.

There is no "my" way, people are just upset about the way it went considering it's opposite to what Tellale originally advertised. Plain and simple.

Though I will say despite everything, I'll still play Batman, as I did the first season. I just won't believe what Telltale says, is all I'm saying. I don't know why others had to make what I said into something that it's not.

I never want to be a "real fan" if it means I have to be bitter all the time when something doesn't go my way.

• Yeah, it was too cliched.

I have to say that I'm glad they ditched the lipstick for John Doe. He looks so much better without it.

• Wasn't so much cliche, more so that I just didn't like the look of it.

AronDracula posted: »

Yeah, it was too cliched.

Wasn't referring to anyone specific. It's a common behavior among fanbases who have soured or no longer like a series. My biggest experience of it was back in the Bioware series going from Dragon Age and Mass Effect to its sequels.

Lol, I know who you're talking about, but that doesn't mean everyone who dislikes the game is like that. Of all people I would think you'd know that. And "shills" nice example, as I don't recall using that word in the past.

Just making a joke about experience and how many games need to be gone through to be some kind of "veteran" or elder". :)

Try reading the first line of my comment where I literally said "NOT TRYING TO PLAY ELDER" And if you're going to address that you may as well address everything else I said, if you can.

• edited August 2017

I don't think that's what "real fan" means.
    I think that "real fan" is someone who supports the company through thick and thin, and sees not only the bad but also the good. Sure, I didn't like ANF that much.. And I understand how DLB feels about the WD series thus far, but I don't agree with all of his/her opinions. (I guess 'True' wasn't the best word to start up with. I probably should have used "I can see that". Despite the hate on Guardians or Minecraft, I support Telltale still, and I enjoy and understand the improvements they've put out for those titles thus far.

And is it me that you're pointing out to be this "real fan"? Because I'm not like that at all.
    Maybe I'm just confused with you replying to me with that comment.
    I just don't want you or me to get the wrong impression of each other in this comment string.

• pretty sure that people going out of their way to give constructive criticism to game devs indicates that they're a "true fan" of some sort. she doesn't want to give them her money until they improve what they're doing. she wants them to do well.

I don't think that's what "real fan" means. I think that "real fan" is someone who supports the company through thick and thin, and sees n

• That's like 95% of S2's criticism on these forum lol

edited August 2017

"Real fan" is just a derogatory term that gives off the impression of self indulgence that one is more important than other fans. I'd argue you have more hardcore fans such as those that discuss on message boards, go to cons, cosplay, write/draw fan works, etc.

That said, supporting a company through thick and thin is a bad move because a company isn't your friend. I have companies who have made games where I like basically all the games they've made and generally buy their games brand new when they release them, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be cautious if they started making games I didn't really like anymore.

When it comes to games, you should make sure what you like, and if you want to be cautious, you can wait for reviews, impressions, or simply wait for a sale down the line. If a company just doesn't make games you like anymore, then it may just be best to move on to the other wide selection of games there is.

I don't think that's what "real fan" means. I think that "real fan" is someone who supports the company through thick and thin, and sees n

• It seems as though some people don't like the fact that the Riddler has already been around before Batman. I guess it just reminds them of the "Gotham" tv show, and while I think that show is okay (actually it got pretty good towards the end of the last season), that isn't really reason to be annoyed. This is Telltale's spin on the characters and it ties in to their now already established canon.

I like the idea that of some of Batman's villains precede him starting his crusade. It should be a rare occasion to have a villain created as a result of Batman's existence imo.

• I kinda like it. Riddler's been around for a while and to him, Batman is the new kid on the block that everyone thinks is tough shit because he's been on vacation for a while.

VenomHD posted: »

It seems as though some people don't like the fact that the Riddler has already been around before Batman. I guess it just reminds them of t

• edited August 2017

I'm sad that The Joker will undeniably eventually turn on us. He's the type of guy my Bruce would get along with.

• My favorite role he's played?

AronDracula posted: »

Holy shit! Also the same voice actor who played 3 characters in Uncharted franchise being: Atoq Navarro - Uncharted 1 Talbot - Uncharted 3 Hector Alcazar - Uncharted 4

• I mean, are we supposed to ignore the very last scene of Episode 5 where Doe says "I'll give it a shot" after witnessing an assassination attempt on Bruce ?

It's always been pretty clear from day one to me he is going to be our enemy.

AnimalBoy posted: »

I'm sad that The Joker will undeniably eventually turn on us. He's the type of guy my Bruce would get along with.

• With what Telltale is saying, him being against us could be determinate. Who knows

AnimalBoy posted: »

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2017

Ninja'd

Already posted. =P

Ninja'd

Sign in to comment in this discussion.