Batman: The Enemy Within - Ep 1 Waiting Thread; Releases starting Aug 8th, Mobile Oct 3rd

Comments

• They literally live streamed the whole 1st episode of tales though

Spoiling the game shows they're desperate. They wouldn'd do that before but now that their sales are failing they've resorted to revealing a large part of the episode a whole week early.

• Hmm... not so sure if I like Telltale giving people the chance to show off the first hour, essentially half of the first episode off to various parts of the internet.
    I'd understand if it was the first 5-15 minutes, but a whole hour? How much do they need to show to make people interested in this season? I kind of just wish they'd show off the usual screenshots and late trailer. This seems like too much game info released all at once.

So, I'm not watching it. It comes out in [less than] one week, and I'd rather not have half of my inevitable Batman 201 experience spoiled already.

• No one's forcing ya too.

AChicken posted: »

Hmm... not so sure if I like Telltale giving people the chance to show off the first hour, essentially half of the first episode off to vari

• I watch a ton of stuff on Youtube and I saw at least 4 channels I subscribe to have this game already uploaded. I personally hate how so many Youtubers seem to get special treatment and get early releases and such. What I'm mostly worried about is some dumb ass Youtuber putting a giant spoiler in their video title which is exactly what happened when somebody got early access to the finale of this past Walking Dead season. Some a**hole put a giant spoiler in the title of their video and I saw it upon google searching the release date of the episode and his video was one of the first things listed on top of the page completely blowing my entire excitement to play the episode. I eventually went and played it after a month because I had already paid for it but that spoiler pissed me off so much that I had no desire to play the finale until like a month later. That was just somebody who had access like 2 days before. Now this episode of Batman has a full week of early access? If somebody does the same thing and spoils a huge detail that I'm forced to see on Youtube's main page or something while I'm going to watch one of my own shows I'm legit not even going to buy the game. I'll just instead watch some Youtuber play it instead of giving Telltale my money if they're not going to prevent people from spoiling the game by Youtube titles to their videos.

AChicken posted: »

Hmm... not so sure if I like Telltale giving people the chance to show off the first hour, essentially half of the first episode off to vari

• edited August 2017

Yeah, I know. I never said that anyone was.
    Sorry if my comment seemed a bit hostile/heated up. I just have strong opinions on this "selective early release" stuff Telltale does. It just opens possibilities to ruin fresh experiences for me, and I just don't like it. (I'm talking about both the early releases of some episodes to Australia (though that isn't necessarily Telltale's fault, just the companies who distribute it. But Telltale could put in a good word to have all their episodes release at the same time.) and early review copies to Let's Play Youtubers.)

No one's forcing ya too.

• Sshhh! We've gotta be angry at something!

zeke10 posted: »

They literally live streamed the whole 1st episode of tales though

• Greaat, now I'll have to dodge the spoilers a week earlier than usual. sigh

Luckily this section doesn't have as much traffic as let's say TWD one, so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem.

For those who've already seen the preview, how did you like it?

• The 1 hour impressions thread is surprisingly light on the actual episode, so I pop in every now and then, but the general verdict is its good so far.

Pipas posted: »

Greaat, now I'll have to dodge the spoilers a week earlier than usual. sigh Luckily this section doesn't have as much traffic as let's sa

• Telltale seems to be giving episodes out early for everyone of thier series now the same thing happened mcsm season 2 except Youtubers got to play the whole episode (probably because it’s more likely kids will watch instead of buy the game). I really hope telltale doesn’t do this often it’s already super hard to avoid spoilers.

• If Telltale wants their fans back, they should NEVER EVER give their games the ANF treatment.

After Batman, I'm never buying another sequel unless it is one.

Are you serious right now? When has Telltale done this same marketing strategy? They're literally showing a very large portion of the episode. Look at their sales now compared to years ago. they're getting desperate.

• Worse premier since ever by telltale.

Pipas posted: »

Greaat, now I'll have to dodge the spoilers a week earlier than usual. sigh Luckily this section doesn't have as much traffic as let's sa

• Not surprising that you think that as you've clearly been searching for reasons to hate the game.

ScootyZ posted: »

Worse premier since ever by telltale.

• So will we get the trailer tomorrow

• [removed]

ScootyZ posted: »

Worse premier since ever by telltale.

• I am so excited for this! A little wary of spoilers now with all these videos out but we're so close! I can't wait to return to Telltale's Batman!

• Who said I was was angry? I was just noting something. Lmao...

lupinb0y posted: »

Sshhh! We've gotta be angry at something!

• Which is exactly why this marketing strategy is dumb.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Telltale seems to be giving episodes out early for everyone of thier series now the same thing happened mcsm season 2 except Youtubers got t

• Trailer is up from Playstation of all places. Telltale can still make some good ass trailers that get me excited.

• Thanks for posting it

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/893132253848588289 Trailer is up from Playstation of all places. Telltale can still make some good ass trailers that get me excited.

• Season Pass Disc in October

• Trailer is now also up on Telltale's Youtube channel.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/893132253848588289 Trailer is up from Playstation of all places. Telltale can still make some good ass trailers that get me excited.

• I'm so hyped!!

• The trailer is so damn cool! Seriously it's so well done and gives almost nothing away that we don't already know.

Firstly I want to talk about John Doe, he looks amazing! Seriously he looks so cool and I just love that voice. I also want to say that I really like what his involvement seems to be for the moment. He doesn't seem like the villain. He seems like something chaotic and unpredictable that we'll have to deal with (possibly an ally?) but the Riddler is who is really giving off the threatening vibes. I also like that for now, his fascination seems to be with Bruce, not Batman, which is a bit different from what we usually see with the Joker.

Curious about the woman who is questioning Bruce about his fascination with criminals as they didn't show her face.

• I love how so far we've only seen Joker interacting with Bruce. You don't see that very often

• I liked the trailer, now I'm just hoping the actual game is as good as that was.

• I just thought of something really cool Telltale could do with the Riddler. Remember the guy in the suit who seems to be in a really dire situation? Imagine if his fate was determinant. Like you're forced to do a riddle and if you fail (or refuse to do it) he dies.

• edited August 2017

Is Gordon's voice actor changed? He sounded kind of similar, but it's a darker voice. I suppose that'll be confirmed or denied in a couple days, eh?

• Apparently the voice actor for the Riddler also voiced Duncan Tuttle from Game of Thrones.

• Aye. I love the man. Brynjolf in Skyrim, Roth in Tomb Raider. He's done so much, and he also has an amazing voice.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Apparently the voice actor for the Riddler also voiced Duncan Tuttle from Game of Thrones.

• Was that Selina at 1:03 in the trailer?

• I feel like he is, yeah.

captainivy1 posted: »

Is Gordon's voice actor changed? He sounded kind of similar, but it's a darker voice. I suppose that'll be confirmed or denied in a couple days, eh?

• Pumped. Fucking pumped.

• Nope. It's Avesta.

BroKenny posted: »

Was that Selina at 1:03 in the trailer?

• "Your relationship with John Doe (and eventually, the Joker) is something you’ll be shaping with the decisions you make throughout the season. As Batman and Bruce attempt to stop the immediate threat to Gotham, John will be watching your every move and learning from your choices. By the end of the story, you will have created your own version of Batman’s classic nemesis through your interactions.

And here’s something the trailer can’t tell you: this premiere episode clocks in at over two hours in length, and includes more puzzles, more dynamic choices in the middle of the action, and more consequence to each choice than previous episodes in the series. You also find an all-new stats screen at the end of each episode that will allow you to see where you stand with your favorite characters like Jim Gordon, Amanda Waller, and more."

Oh my God, this sounds so fucking cool.

• It sounds almost too good to be true.

"Your relationship with John Doe (and eventually, the Joker) is something you’ll be shaping with the decisions you make throughout the seaso

• From the trailer.

Who else laughed a bit when John Doe took a selfie with Bruce.

You don't think that Waller is going to give any implication that she knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne, do you?

• Source for the very cool description please.

"Your relationship with John Doe (and eventually, the Joker) is something you’ll be shaping with the decisions you make throughout the seaso

• edited August 2017

Oh my god directly from Telltale!

https://telltale.com/news/2017/08/see-the-official-trailer-for-episode-one-of-batman-the-enemy-within/

• edited August 2017

Oh, I'm liking this. I'm liking this a lot.

I'm actually a little nervous about the puzzles we're going to face when we're fighting the Riddler. (Interesting to hear he was in action before Batman ever appeared in Gotham. Usually it's the other way around with Batman and his enemies.) As for the Joker, he looks downright satanic. Love the green-and-purple smartphone.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.