Batman: The Enemy Within - Ep 1 Waiting Thread; Releases starting Aug 8th, Mobile Oct 3rd

Comments

• They could shape Harvey to a pretty large degree tho.

ScootyZ posted: »

My choices most definitely did not shape Oswald Cobblepot.

• Well I'm pretty excited, I liked the first season enough to pre-order this season. I'm just hoping that there wont be any awkward fight scenes without audio lol.. Ruins the scene a bit

• We've seen plenty of the Joker's chemistry with Batman, but not Bruce Wayne. I don't remember any of the comics, games, or movies delving too deeply into that idea, so I'm intrigued to see where Telltale takes it.

VenomHD posted: »

I know what you mean. As much as I've complained about the Joker being overused, the relationship he has with Batman/Bruce is undoubtedly fa

• Oh, sure. I meant that I'm just as interested in seeing Bruce/Joker as I am seeing the Joker with this, or I suppose our versions of Batman.

We've seen plenty of the Joker's chemistry with Batman, but not Bruce Wayne. I don't remember any of the comics, games, or movies delving too deeply into that idea, so I'm intrigued to see where Telltale takes it.

• I don't think Oswald was ever a character that people thought would change that much to be honest. Other characters did get very affected thought and if they are openly advertising this for the game I would imagine it can work to some degree.

• If anything, Batman doesn't know what HE's up against. In my opinion, The Joker's much more dangerous than Batman. Batman/Bruce has a conscience that keeps him from going too far. Same can't be said about the Joker.

I come from the perspective that I know that the Joker's a bad guy and that's why I want to try to be friends with him and why I promised him the favor in season 1. It might be a bad idea, but it'll sure be fun to see the chaos it causes.

I won't allow him to get close. We all know he will be a threat anyway. He does not know what he is up against.

• If anything John Doe thinks he knows what Bruce is capable of but actually underestimates him. We are more than a match for whatever he has planned.

I won't let him break Batman.

AnimalBoy posted: »

If anything, Batman doesn't know what HE's up against. In my opinion, The Joker's much more dangerous than Batman. Batman/Bruce has a consci

• You're taking this a little too seriously.

If anything John Doe thinks he knows what Bruce is capable of but actually underestimates him. We are more than a match for whatever he has planned. I won't let him break Batman.

• As seriously as I need to.

You're taking this a little too seriously.

• It wouldn't happen. Would you let others see yourself (a bilionaire) with a guy with grey skin and a insane voice. Outside of Arkham Asylum, doubt it.

We've seen plenty of the Joker's chemistry with Batman, but not Bruce Wayne. I don't remember any of the comics, games, or movies delving too deeply into that idea, so I'm intrigued to see where Telltale takes it.

• No, he wouldn't, not by choice anyway. It will likely be Batman interacting with the Joker, but that isn't quite the same. I'm not ruling out that in some form of circumstance the Joker could get to/communicate with Bruce which might be out of the public eye anyway.

It wouldn't happen. Would you let others see yourself (a bilionaire) with a guy with grey skin and a insane voice. Outside of Arkham Asylum, doubt it.

• Is it confirmed that we will see selina again? I hope we doooo

• There was a lot to like about Batman Forver...but Jim Kerry and Tommy Lee Jones were not good in it.

VenomHD posted: »

True, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: I like Batman Forever.

• Well one of their tweets implies we will

ManBat posted: »

Is it confirmed that we will see selina again? I hope we doooo

• edited July 2017

You're talking as if Bruce Wayne would voluntarily hang out with the Joker. But if the Joker wanted to hang out with Bruce, there's not much he could do about it.

For instance: Replace Vicki with Bruce in this scene from the 1989 version of Batman to get a good idea how the Joker would probably crash one of Bruce's parties, and then shoot the breeze with his "best bud."

It wouldn't happen. Would you let others see yourself (a bilionaire) with a guy with grey skin and a insane voice. Outside of Arkham Asylum, doubt it.

• I can already imagine hints towards him becoming Robin appearing throughout Season 2, might not happen unless S2 has a huge time-skip or if we have a Season 3.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Who else thinks the Vales adopted son will have some significance in season 2?

• Well, you could decide whether or not his face was Bruce(d) before the presentation...

• I see what you did there.

prink34320 posted: »

Well, you could decide whether or not his face was Bruce(d) before the presentation...

• I wonder if that "favour" we promised (or didn't promise) to Joker in episode 4 will have some significance in this series.

I'm all for making friends with The Joker.

• Can you link it please?

zeke10 posted: »

Well one of their tweets implies we will

• ScootyZ posted: »

Can you link it please?

• Game is out already?

• No. It will be out on August 8.

AronDracula posted: »

Game is out already?

• Not really, I guess Telltale released the episode to youtubers super early to advertise the game. Just shows that they're really desperate now.

Game is out already?

• But I see youtubers playing it

Lord_EAA posted: »

No. It will be out on August 8.

• It seems that they've been allowed to show just the first hour.

But I see youtubers playing it

• Does this mean the first episode is gonna be two hour length? Because if it's only one hour and a half, it would be a risk for spoilers.

AgentZ46 posted: »

It seems that they've been allowed to show just the first hour.

• I've got no idea. I assume it's meant to tease and hype people up for the game. Or it could be seen as a preview for those who aren't sure about it.

Does this mean the first episode is gonna be two hour length? Because if it's only one hour and a half, it would be a risk for spoilers.

• I hope The Riddler's outfit changes from its current design.

Not only does it look eerily similar to The CW's Arrow (Still have PTSD from that hunk of shit)...
    But the design itself is... Kind of out of character.

And I'm not gonna say that it's like... Different from the comics. Cause The Riddler has always been one of those characters that looks different in almost every single portrayal.

But the character, Edward Nigma, is pretty standard. And I always felt that a lot of comics failed to capture his thought process in his outfit.
    I hoped Telltale would stand out from the crowd.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2017

Hey folks, just a reminder to keep all spoilers for episode 1 of Batman out of this thread that don't come from official screenshots and the teaser trailer. Doing so can lead to a ban. So please leave all spoilery discussions of the hour preview to the preview thread. Thank you for your cooperation.

• edited August 2017

Probably Telltale didn't get enough copies sold for the last batman game.
    They are following a different strategy this time I guess by giving teaser copies to some youtubers .

Game is out already?

• Yes, they should keep the game a secret and pretend it doesn't exist.
    That's how marketing works!

Not really, I guess Telltale released the episode to youtubers super early to advertise the game. Just shows that they're really desperate now.

• I have no idea. Just ignore it to be safe.

Does this mean the first episode is gonna be two hour length? Because if it's only one hour and a half, it would be a risk for spoilers.

• SPOILERS: The graphics look better in Season 2 but there are still a few lags.

dojo32161 posted: »

Hey folks, just a reminder to keep all spoilers for episode 1 of Batman out of this thread that don't come from official screenshots and the

• Are you serious right now? When has Telltale done this same marketing strategy? They're literally showing a very large portion of the episode. Look at their sales now compared to years ago. they're getting desperate.

Yes, they should keep the game a secret and pretend it doesn't exist. That's how marketing works!

• So they should just use the same marketing strategy over and over and never try things?

Are you serious right now? When has Telltale done this same marketing strategy? They're literally showing a very large portion of the episode. Look at their sales now compared to years ago. they're getting desperate.

• For those concerned with the 1 hour first look, its confirmed that it is the first half, so the premiere will be around 2 hours long

enter image description here

• Nice!

For those concerned with the 1 hour first look, its confirmed that it is the first half, so the premiere will be around 2 hours long

• Ahhh yeah!

For those concerned with the 1 hour first look, its confirmed that it is the first half, so the premiere will be around 2 hours long

• edited August 2017

Spoiling the game shows they're desperate. They wouldn'd do that before but now that their sales are failing they've resorted to revealing a large part of the episode a whole week early.

So they should just use the same marketing strategy over and over and never try things?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.