Batman: The Enemy Within - Ep 1 Waiting Thread; Releases starting Aug 8th, Mobile Oct 3rd

Comments

• Did TellTale say anything about how the Season 1 choices will work on season 2? I want to know if I will be able to pick my choices at the start of Season 2 or if it will randomize them when I start if I do not have a complete Season 1 save I can import.

Somehow my game completely lost track of the second half of episode 1's choices, all of the episodes 2, 3, 4 choices and the first half of episode's 5 choices. It is as if I had played the first half of the first episode and then the second half of the last episode only, without playing anything else in-between, and I want to know if I will have to play everything again in order to have the right choices apply.

• Did they say they are using the choice building mechanism or is it just what the fans think will happen due to what they did with MCSM S2 and the latest TWD season?

ScootyZ posted: »

There is a choice building mechanism where you answered certain questions about Season 1.

• They have not said. Sorry, wish I could be more help.

Abeille posted: »

Did TellTale say anything about how the Season 1 choices will work on season 2? I want to know if I will be able to pick my choices at the s

• No problem. It is just that it is going to be a pretty busy couple of weeks for me so I don't know if I will have time to play everything again. I find it so odd that it didn't wipe everything out, just most of it. It must have been some issue with Steam's cloud saving.

AgentZ46 posted: »

They have not said. Sorry, wish I could be more help.

• It'll more than likely have a choice generator as apparently both ANF and Minecraft have it but I can't say for sure.

No problem. It is just that it is going to be a pretty busy couple of weeks for me so I don't know if I will have time to play everything ag

• I didn't think Jim Carrey as the Riddler was completely awful, though it wasn't a good representation of the character. The Animated series and the Arkham games have portrayed him the best imo. It seems like Telltale are giving him a bit of a darker approach (which I don't mind).

AnimalBoy posted: »

The Riddler, in most/all cases is nothing like Jim Carrey's version.

• The problem with that Batman movie was everyone acted like the Joker. Two Face and Riddler were just weirdly wacky.

VenomHD posted: »

I didn't think Jim Carrey as the Riddler was completely awful, though it wasn't a good representation of the character. The Animated series

• The legendary Asher grin. Rumor has it that whenever he grins, it causes women and men to instantly orgasm.

Edit: I just realized that, for some reason, this pic updated when I changed my gravatar. Now this comment really doesn't make any sense. (and also Asher avatar, Telltale pls) There you go. Best avatar 10/10 at least.

• edited July 2017

If you preorder Season 2 on PS4 (at least in the U.S) you actually get the entire first season as a bonus, so for people who haven't played Season 1 yet totally worth it.

• man, im crying, in my store its still 30$ for s1, screw PLAYSTATION-EU

If you preorder Season 2 on PS4 (at least in the U.S) you actually get the entire first season as a bonus, so for people who haven't played Season 1 yet totally worth it.

• It isn't confirmed, but likely will be. They didn't say anything for MCSM either, but there it is.

Did they say they are using the choice building mechanism or is it just what the fans think will happen due to what they did with MCSM S2 and the latest TWD season?

• What about Xbox?

• True, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: I like Batman Forever.

The problem with that Batman movie was everyone acted like the Joker. Two Face and Riddler were just weirdly wacky.

• enter image description here

"Worked on me..."

The legendary Asher grin. Rumor has it that whenever he grins, it causes women and men to instantly orgasm.

• edited July 2017

Who else thinks the Vales adopted son will have some significance in season 2?

• I hope he does! I liked that short exchange with Batman.

Creeper1846 posted: »

• That would be really cool, I'll be happy even if it's a brief encounter.

Creeper1846 posted: »

• I just went back and read one of my older post on a season 1 waiting thread and I thought I would bring one of my theories back up. At the end of episode 5 it was as if Joker ordered the Assassination attempt on Bruce. Now he would have no reason to do that unless...

1. He’s just being himself a crazy maniac

2. He was affected by Thomas Wayne’s experiments

( I think two is more likely)

• Hope it wont be delayed for months on android like s1

• I hope it won't be delayed for years on Mac like S1.

• I'm hoping for S1 choices to have quite a bit of impact on TEW, I've got a feeling that they could pull it off right.

• Still no pre register on Google Play Store :-(

• Does anyone feel like Bruce's parents will be written out of the story? Because newcomers will be able to play the game.

• In the recent interview it's been confirmed that Riddler knew Bruce's parents, so I very much doubt that they won't get a mention.

Does anyone feel like Bruce's parents will be written out of the story? Because newcomers will be able to play the game.

• edited July 2017

i misread, my bad.

Pipas posted: »

In the recent interview it's been confirmed that Riddler knew Bruce's parents, so I very much doubt that they won't get a mention.

• You seem to be trying really hard to find things wrong with the game.

Does anyone feel like Bruce's parents will be written out of the story? Because newcomers will be able to play the game.

• Jims toddler sucked

Ciocolici posted: »

I'm super-hyped for this, tho there is one thing that bothers me. I never was into Batman other than the first movies, so the only time I sa

• Yes they have confirmed a choice generator

Did TellTale say anything about how the Season 1 choices will work on season 2? I want to know if I will be able to pick my choices at the s

• edited July 2017

I was already quite disappointed when the Joker showed in ep4. But to make him the overused villain again this season? Hell no.

I will still play it regardless, just a little disappointed here. He was the "just there cuz the plot called for it" character. Like how he revealed important info to Bruce without any reason because the plot freaking called for it.

You seem to be trying really hard to find things wrong with the game.

• edited July 2017

I'm all for making friends with The Joker.

enter image description here

• My choices most definitely did not shape Oswald Cobblepot.

• I thought they might go this route! I certainly approve of this it might be an interesting take. Like he's really smart and knows a lot so he could be source of intel for Bruce and you're just not sure if you can trust him. Plus if you consider how he was introduced, he actually saved Bruce. Then he helped him escape from Arkham.

• Well he's batmans nemesis and most well known and popular villain so of course he'd show up

I was already quite disappointed when the Joker showed in ep4. But to make him the overused villain again this season? Hell no. I will st

• We don't actually know who the main villain is. All we know is that the Riddler and the Joker are in it.

I was already quite disappointed when the Joker showed in ep4. But to make him the overused villain again this season? Hell no. I will st

• I emailed them about importing S1 choices a few days ago and they said they weren't allowed to reveal anything yet. I think it's safe to assume that there will be a choice generator but I doubt it'll have every single choice on there.

• I won't allow him to get close.

We all know he will be a threat anyway. He does not know what he is up against.

• Thank you, I'll just play it all again little by little just to be safe.

hemfbg posted: »

I emailed them about importing S1 choices a few days ago and they said they weren't allowed to reveal anything yet. I think it's safe to assume that there will be a choice generator but I doubt it'll have every single choice on there.

• Its clearly condiment king.

We don't actually know who the main villain is. All we know is that the Riddler and the Joker are in it.

• I've always seen Bruce and the Joker having a relationship not unlike Matthew Broderick and Jim Carrey's from "The Cable Guy." A best friend and a worst enemy rolled into one.

• edited July 2017

I know what you mean. As much as I've complained about the Joker being overused, the relationship he has with Batman/Bruce is undoubtedly fascinating. I found that the Arkham games and the Dark Knight showcased this really well.

This particular origin sets it aside from other iterations, which is obviously good, but I'm really eager to see how the Joker will react/interact with this Batman.

I've always seen Bruce and the Joker having a relationship not unlike Matthew Broderick and Jim Carrey's from "The Cable Guy." A best friend and a worst enemy rolled into one.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.