Batman: The Enemy Within - Ep 1 Waiting Thread; Releases starting Aug 8th, Mobile Oct 3rd

Comments

• edited July 2017

I have no idea.
    Part of me says it'll be fine, and our choices will have some effect on the season and characters, but the other says no, because it seems like we're just dealing with a whole new story, and newcomers can understand the basics of it without knowing the previous events.

That picture with the seemingly eye-patched Alfred (my Alfred) we saw looks promising though. They'd have to explain that.

But I have faith it'll turn out good. We'll see in 3 weeks.

ScootyZ posted: »

Its not a continuation. People need to get it right. We will never see Harvey or Oswald again. Is that a continuation? No, it isn't.

• Will there also pre register on Google Play Store like Minecraft 2?

• I'm really bummed there is no Harvey or Oswald in the screenshots.

AChicken posted: »

I have no idea. Part of me says it'll be fine, and our choices will have some effect on the season and characters, but the other says no,

• edited July 2017

Again. We'll see.
    I don't think they'll be in the first episode (because they need to setup the Riddler) but I can see maybe Two-Face appearing later in the season.

I'm really bummed there is no Harvey or Oswald in the screenshots.

• edited July 2017

Sorry to burst your bubbles. But this isn't a continuation. Telltale said newcomers will be able to play it.

So... Anything that ever happened in season 1 will never be talked about again.

Welp, I guess I'm out. Telltale alienated too many fans (including me) by pulling that crap in ANF, and I'm not interested in getting burned all over again.

Sorry to burst your bubbles. But this isn't a continuation. Telltale said newcomers will be able to play it. So... Anything that ever happened in season 1 will never be talked about again.

• Indeed. What are they thinking?

Sorry to burst your bubbles. But this isn't a continuation. Telltale said newcomers will be able to play it. So... Anything that ever

• I frankly do not. Look at MCSM AND ANF, in which Telltale pulled this newcomer sh**.

Again. We'll see. I don't think they'll be in the first episode (because they need to setup the Riddler) but I can see maybe Two-Face appearing later in the season.

• No Harvey or Oswald I can deal with, but if there isn't even a MENTION about the favor Bruce owes the Joker, someone is going to be in deep trouble.

Its not a continuation. People need to get it right. We will never see Harvey or Oswald again. Is that a continuation? No, it isn't.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

What villain was going to be continued from S1 of MCSTM? Even the DLC all had villains of the week.

I don't see any continuity to the main plot. I see Axel and Olivia get written out as always. I see totally new characters (except Pet

• edited July 2017

I really want Telltale to go back to how it was during TWD S2. Recap at the beginning, continues the story.

Why, Telltale? If Batman doesn't turn out like it, I won't trust TT anymore.

No Harvey or Oswald I can deal with, but if there isn't even a MENTION about the favor Bruce owes the Joker, someone is going to be in deep trouble.

• I don't know? Ivor was interesting. But he will be a good guy anyway because this game can't get too dark.

HiroVoid posted: »

What villain was going to be continued from S1 of MCSTM? Even the DLC all had villains of the week.

• You are overreacting. Choices have already proven to carry over in the promo screenshot.
    If you have not played through the first season I can only assume there will be an option to select choices.

Sorry to burst your bubbles. But this isn't a continuation. Telltale said newcomers will be able to play it. So... Anything that ever

• Yeah, ANF did not do that well.. But Minecraft really had a closed season in Season 1. I don't think you need to know too much of that for Season 2, right?
    (I still haven't played season 2 so forgive me if I'm wrong about this.)

I frankly do not. Look at MCSM AND ANF, in which Telltale pulled this newcomer sh**.

• Not trying to bring up old debates here but Selina and Harvey weren't actually in a relationship. Harvey was however interested in her.

Catwoman is not technically a mere criminal.....She just does what she wants basically. I don't think she can be trusted. She obviously h

• I wouldn't overthink it. It's more than likely just a marketing strategy. "You don't have to play season 1 to play season 2.. You SHOULD but you don't have to" something like that. I doubt it actually effects any writing decisions they make.

Okay, does anyone think that Telltale not using the words "season 2" is them trying to get newcomers to buy this continuation, but they [the

• By that analogy Bruce, Alfred, Lucius, James Gordon and John Doe, won't be in the game. But they clearly are.

• I don't know if you are being sarcastic or what here.

Anyway, I do hope it is as you said so. This game got me way too hyped.

AgentZ46 posted: »

By that analogy Bruce, Alfred, Lucius, James Gordon and John Doe, won't be in the game. But they clearly are.

• You don't, at the same time it has 0 character development. It feels like an entirely different story.

Yeah, ANF did not do that well.. But Minecraft really had a closed season in Season 1. I don't think you need to know too much of that for Season 2, right? (I still haven't played season 2 so forgive me if I'm wrong about this.)

• I'm stoked. I was coincidently replaying Batman, so definitely looking forward to it, and hoping there will be some telling differences in my two playthroughs.

• Joker looks better in this season so far.

Pipas posted: »

Yiss, I'm really excited about the Riddler. I said it before the first season released that he'd be a perfect villain. Can't wait! Pretty su

• edited July 2017

This new season will be accessible to both returning fans and newcomers

Telltale, just fuck off already. If you do the same with TWAU, I'm not going to play it.

dojo32161 posted: »

"SAN RAFAEL, Calif., July 19, 2017 -- Award-winning developer and publisher of digital entertainment Telltale Games, alongside DC Entertainm

• Please hire Robert Englund. Scarecrow and Freddy Krueger are his best performances.

MrJava posted: »

DONT FORGET THIS GUY TELLTALE !

• Yes, minor ones. Whether or not two face is there, relationship with selina etc. I can bet it won't be there. We will see.

You are overreacting. Choices have already proven to carry over in the promo screenshot. If you have not played through the first season I can only assume there will be an option to select choices.

• Well, you can tell already that this season is going to be darker based on the logo alone.
    It seems darker and dirtier around the letters, the buildings are a darker shade of black, and you can see some visible cracks near the bottom of the bat-symbol.
    I like the small alterations to the logo. The yellow accents to "The Telltale Series" is really nice as well.

+

Speaking of colours, ya think we'll keep our digital bat-tech colour? I'd love to. Maybe we'll even have a larger selection of it (given that MCSM 2 has a larger selection of male/female Jesse's.

• When it'll be available to pre-order from ps store?

• On top of what you said it about it being darker, they seemed to imply in the reveal that choosing how far you'll go is a big theme. Maybe even killing?

I hope we keep the colours. I absolutely loved my red eyes!

Well, you can tell already that this season is going to be darker based on the logo alone. It seems darker and dirtier around the letters,

• The news post says it will come for mobile a little bit later I’m not a mobile player but at least telltale is letting the fans know instead of just delaying it and not saying anything.

• Still waiting for episode 1 of season 1 on Mac.

"Coming later this week" - Telltale, September 2016.

• I can't find The Enemy Within on Steam... :(

• i cant find it on ps store either

Cybersbe posted: »

I can't find The Enemy Within on Steam...

• Just saw it on steam . Super hyped .

• edited July 2017

Its up on steam . It wasn't available yesterday .

Cybersbe posted: »

I can't find The Enemy Within on Steam...

• edited July 2017

Yes, it is now on Steam. For a moment there I was hesitant about pre-ordering, which I know isn't a good thing to do really, but I suppose I can always refund it should anything go wrong.

• Maybe even killing?

Oh yes. That's a big common theme of Batman's mythos. I think it'll mosty happen at the end, at a high point. Because that's the one big thing Batman won't do.

I think most of the dark, "how far will you go into the darkness" might play into Bruce using his skills as Batman to keep his billionaire life safe. He'd be using it for slightly questionable, selfish motives.
    For example: I assume this federal agent will be investigating further into Bruce's blood money inheritance and possible ties to his family. You could either solve it as Bruce (good) and cooperate as much as possible, or go as Batman (bad) and try to threaten them to back off, even though they don't deserve it.
    I just think this because we've already had choices as Batman to show mercy or brutality against thugs, and while this is very likely to return, I think they can raise the stakes by playing off of Bruce's skills, but for his own gain--to other's misfortune.

On top of what you said it about it being darker, they seemed to imply in the reveal that choosing how far you'll go is a big theme. Maybe even killing? I hope we keep the colours. I absolutely loved my red eyes!

• I don't know if I see the Bruce/Batman choices as good or bad. I mean Bruce can be be pretty ruthless too. Just in a different way. In a "I can do this to you and no one will stop me" way. I mean he can strangle Falcoone and threaten to throw Hill over the balcony.

Maybe even killing? Oh yes. That's a big common theme of Batman's mythos. I think it'll mosty happen at the end, at a high point. Be

• Yeah, okay.
    I'm not really an aggressive person, so anything I'd come up with would probably be pretty tame.

Telltale knows what they're doing. I'm sure they've got many good decisions ahead of us.

I don't know if I see the Bruce/Batman choices as good or bad. I mean Bruce can be be pretty ruthless too. Just in a different way. In a "I

• Oh I'm not either but I find it a lot of fun to play Bruce/Batman this way.

Yeah, okay. I'm not really an aggressive person, so anything I'd come up with would probably be pretty tame. Telltale knows what they're doing. I'm sure they've got many good decisions ahead of us.

• Yeah. It does get interesting story-wise when they show their bad side.
    I can only imagine what horrible repercussions may befall Bruce/Batman if they push the agenda too much.

Oh I'm not either but I find it a lot of fun to play Bruce/Batman this way.

• This only means that people do not have to play the first game to be able to play the second one. They will most likely have a "story selector" in the beginning of the second season for people who cannot import a save, or for everybody regardless, like the latest season of The Walking Dead.

Newcomers being able to play it has absolutely zero bearing to whether it is or not a continuation and you are jumping to a completely unrelated conclusion.

Sorry to burst your bubbles. But this isn't a continuation. Telltale said newcomers will be able to play it. So... Anything that ever happened in season 1 will never be talked about again.

• Tf they never said that

Sign in to comment in this discussion.