Batman: The Enemy Within - Ep 1 Waiting Thread; Releases starting Aug 8th, Mobile Oct 3rd

Comments

• I await the achievements list with baited breath, this is usually a funny way to speculate as to what the season might have to offer in terms of narrative arcs.

Please have Gordon's daughter in here, somewhere. Give Batman the partner he deserves.

• Lmao GoT fans are still in the dark after two years and TWAU fans waited almost 4 years of radio silence until a sequel was announced, then Batman and Minecraft get sequels not even a year after they wrapped up. Sort of funny if you think about it.

I am really excited though, the first season had a really cool premise and there was some really interesting twists. I just love what they're doing with John Doe. From the looks of things, he isn't gonna be the central villain once again, and will instead be a weird lingering presence that you aren't sure what to think of. Such a great variation of the Joker.

• edited July 2017

I doubt it's been very long from where it left off in season 1, so I don't think we'll be seeing batman fighting crime with a possible 5 year old. I do hope they tease Vicki's adoptive brother again for a future Robin though, so who am I to say it couldn't happen with Barb.

I await the achievements list with baited breath, this is usually a funny way to speculate as to what the season might have to offer in terms of narrative arcs. Please have Gordon's daughter in here, somewhere. Give Batman the partner he deserves.

• It's not at all implausible Barbara is very nearly the same age as Bruce, again Telltale are free to rewrite the book however they please.
    In fact they should be encouraged to do so.

Or, hell introduce a totally new character to the Batman universe. Don't be afraid.

I doubt it's been very long from where it left off in season 1, so I don't think we'll be seeing batman fighting crime with a possible 5 yea

• What? They completely changed the tone.

It seems so.. Violent. Not political.

• Only sidekick I want to see is Robin. Not expecting him, but I'd like him before Batgirl. Barbara belongs with either Dick or Jason. (Like in the comics) I'm afraid they'd go down the route that The Killing Joke movie did with Bruce & Barbara's relationship.

• From the preview images, it looks like that the federal agent IS Amanda Waller.

John Doe knows about Vicki's past, and her being Lady Arkham. What are the odds that we'll find out how he knows all this?

Which choices would most likely be included on The Enemy Within's story generator?

• Hmmm, how is this being released on Mac when season 1 hasn't?

Neither was Walking Dead: New Frontier for that matter...

• edited July 2017

Riddler can't be the only villain Telltale's bringing on board. I'm still holding out for Poison Ivy, if only because she could be a fascinating romantic alternative to Selina.

• edited July 2017

And Guardians and Minecraft S2. One thing Telltale is majorly fucking up in is the false hope of Mac users. I wouldn't count on it being released on that platform, and the mods really should make a note of that in this thread, even if the info isn't officially by Telltale, its important to provide some realistic info to consumers.

Nightlight posted: »

Hmmm, how is this being released on Mac when season 1 hasn't? Neither was Walking Dead: New Frontier for that matter...

• I wonder when the full trailer will come out

• Well joker is the villain so no surprise

ScootyZ posted: »

What? They completely changed the tone. It seems so.. Violent. Not political.

• The thurs before the 8th prob

xxplvb posted: »

I wonder when the full trailer will come out

• Quick question.

I played season 1 on the Xbox 360. And I had 2 different saves on it.

Will I be able to port one specific save from the 360 run to the PC?

• Yes using cloud saving.

IDredMan posted: »

Quick question. I played season 1 on the Xbox 360. And I had 2 different saves on it. Will I be able to port one specific save from the 360 run to the PC?

• But Guardians IS on Mac. It seems whatever engine problems that were preventing their release on the platform has been resolved.

And Guardians and Minecraft S2. One thing Telltale is majorly fucking up in is the false hope of Mac users. I wouldn't count on it being rel

• It is? Huh...But Season 2 of story mode isn't that's pretty weird.

Nightlight posted: »

But Guardians IS on Mac. It seems whatever engine problems that were preventing their release on the platform has been resolved.

• I'm a bit surprised as well. Have to add Guardians to me Steam wishlist.

It is? Huh...But Season 2 of story mode isn't that's pretty weird.

• edited July 2017

Maybe...

Who you saved at the debate?
    Did you get a departing kiss from Selina or just call her a thief?
    Your relationship with Harvey and is he in Arkham or Blackgate?
    Did you promise the Joker a favor?
    Did you take your mask off in front of Vicki Vale?
    Did you promise to fund the GCPD or the improvement of Arkham? (If you attended the city meeting as Bruce)

matteso586 posted: »

From the preview images, it looks like that the federal agent IS Amanda Waller. John Doe knows about Vicki's past, and her being Lady Ark

• Woohoo, really excited

• I almost that that was Green Arrow in the last one lol

Pipas posted: »

Yiss, I'm really excited about the Riddler. I said it before the first season released that he'd be a perfect villain. Can't wait! Pretty su

• tfw you notice The Enemy Within is TEW.

Batman Tew. haha real clever amirit

• OH MY GOD WHAT

This came out of nowhere and I'm so happy!

• Wow, I was not expecting a new season so quickly, but man have I been craving one after season 1.

I can't wait to see what new characters we meet and how Telltale will expand on the mythos and their take on it.

Riddler has been a villain that a lot of people have been asking for, so it's cool to see he'll be the main villain of this season and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of take Telltale goes with. Judging by the hood I'm guessing they'll lean towards him being a kind of "hacktivist" who uses riddles. I also imagine Telltale will have some fun with the choice-system and solving Nygma's riddles. I'm also looking forward to seeing who they cast as his voice.

It's interesting that they refer to "John Doe" as a "Proto-Joker," which makes me think, rather then being the primary villain, part of this season will revolve around John becoming The Joker and how you're choices may effect that. He's already starting to wear purple clothes in that screenshot.

I'm curious which season 1 characters will pop up in new roles. I think Selina is probably a lock to appear at some point, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see Catwoman pop up and working for the Riddler. I also think we should get at least one appearance from both Harvey/Two-Face and Penguin.

I'm curious if the federal agent is an actual comic character, and I imagine they'll probably serve as a counterpoint to Gordon in being more antagonistic to Batman.

The Batcave looks...brighter.

• Can we get enter image description here enter image description here

• OMG I have missed those!

Poogers555 posted: »

When you see that Batman Season 2 teaser

• edited July 2017

It's funny to think I was hoping for Vicki Vale to be the romantic interest in Season 1.
    Now look at how Telltale has dashed all my hopes with that sly reveal. Oh well. Hopefully someone else will come along in S2.

But, I will say that my Bruce will not be getting intimate with criminals, no matter who they may be. Sorry Catwoman, not last year and not this one either.

Riddler can't be the only villain Telltale's bringing on board. I'm still holding out for Poison Ivy, if only because she could be a fascinating romantic alternative to Selina.

• What in the world??!

IDredMan posted: »

Can we get

• Sorry to burst your bubbles. But this isn't a continuation. Telltale said newcomers will be able to play it.

So... Anything that ever happened in season 1 will never be talked about again.

• Catwoman is not technically a mere criminal.....She just does what she wants basically.

I don't think she can be trusted. She obviously has an agenda of her own, what Bruce feels for her factors in very little I assume.
    For strategic reasons I will have to keep her at arm's length but I don't see how I could possibly romance someone who was willing to cheat on the guy she was seeing at the time.

Besides femme fatales are not my thing.

AChicken posted: »

It's funny to think I was hoping for Vicki Vale to be the romantic interest in Season 1. Now look at how Telltale has dashed all my hopes

• edited July 2017

And yet Alfred has an eyepatch in one of the screens, so some choices have to carry over. :p

Honestly, I very much doubt they won't mention Bruce's first encounter with Joker. I wouldn't really worry about the whole "for newcomers" thing.

Sorry to burst your bubbles. But this isn't a continuation. Telltale said newcomers will be able to play it. So... Anything that ever happened in season 1 will never be talked about again.

• Sure it will. This is not mutually exclusive with being accessible to newcomers.
    Look at Alfred with his eye patch for instance, and I bet many previous events will be referenced.

I expect a recap video of sort for those poor souls who did not play the first season.

Sorry to burst your bubbles. But this isn't a continuation. Telltale said newcomers will be able to play it. So... Anything that ever happened in season 1 will never be talked about again.

• So did Minecraft. But look at it now... Completely crap - has no character development and a completely dfferent story with no reference/continuation.

Pipas posted: »

And yet Alfred has an eyepatch in one of the screens, so some choices have to carry over. Honestly, I very much doubt they won't mention Bruce's first encounter with Joker. I wouldn't really worry about the whole "for newcomers" thing.

• I don't really care, I just want the story to continue like TWD. Which I now have no hope for.

Sure it will. This is not mutually exclusive with being accessible to newcomers. Look at Alfred with his eye patch for instance, and I bet

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Uh, MCSM S2 had tons of references and continuity.

So did Minecraft. But look at it now... Completely crap - has no character development and a completely dfferent story with no reference/continuation.

• edited July 2017

I don't see any continuity to the main plot.

I see Axel and Olivia get written out as always.

I see totally new characters (except Petra)

I see a whole new villain, which is literally the worst thing you can pull out of the mc world calles the Admin.

But that's beside thr point. The point is if it does not continue like TWD, I am going to be immensely disappointed as this isn't a E10+ game. I expect some sort of plot and continuity, not a linear Disney-movie esque storyline.

dojo32161 posted: »

Uh, MCSM S2 had tons of references and continuity.

• James Gordon's new epic 'stache though. He is challenging my man Kenny, but Kenny shall never be defeated.

• Okay, does anyone think that Telltale not using the words "season 2" is them trying to get newcomers to buy this continuation, but they [the newcomers] don't know that it is?

I'm getting all conspiratorial with the omission of these "season 2" and "season 3" titles when they are clearly games that continue the story of the previous game.
    I don't know... I just like my numbers.

• I always wanted my bruce to be an Ezio Auditore Da Firenze, every boy's dream.

It's funny to think I was hoping for Vicki Vale to be the romantic interest in Season 1. Now look at how Telltale has dashed all my hopes

• Its not a continuation. People need to get it right. We will never see Harvey or Oswald again. Is that a continuation? No, it isn't.

Okay, does anyone think that Telltale not using the words "season 2" is them trying to get newcomers to buy this continuation, but they [the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.