Batman: The Enemy Within - Ep 1 Waiting Thread; Releases starting Aug 8th, Mobile Oct 3rd

Comments

• Well, yes. I understand that Telltale is a company of people, and not someone that I am directly connected to. I am cautious of Telltale's newest releases, though luckily, (in my own personal opinion) I feel that what they're making right now is quite good, and a good step in the right direction from the low point of ANF.
    I've enjoyed a lot of their content thus far, but I still go intocany series they make with caution. I wasn't sure about their Michonne game of last year, as I have not read a single Walking Dead comic. But, after I saw some okay reviews I took a chance and bought the first episode. I really enjoyed it, despite my lack of knowledge on the comic character at the time.

Point being, while I may be risking it with my faith in Telltale, know that I know the consequences in store for me and am completely prepared for them to let me down considerably.
    They've only done it once so far, and that was with ANF, but I think TTG has learned from that and are improving.

HiroVoid posted: »

"Real fan" is just a derogatory term that gives off the impression of self indulgence that one is more important than other fans. I'd argue

• Was posted by Lee a few comments above :p

Ninja'd

• edited August 2017

enter image description here

https://twitter.com/GameOverGreggy/status/893586566886563842

• Ooh, I want to watch but I don't want the spoilers!
    Telltale you're tearing me apart!

(does kinda funny usually archive their streams? Cause I'd love to watch this once I've played the episode for myself)

• He could end up being "pals" with Bruce depending on your choices but he'll likely still end up becoming Batman's greatest foe in some form no matter what you do.

One way or another I think he's going to earn his name by the end of the season.

This is The Joker's origin.

With what Telltale is saying, him being against us could be determinate. Who knows

• Good point

Frontier246 posted: »

He could end up being "pals" with Bruce depending on your choices but he'll likely still end up becoming Batman's greatest foe in some form

• It'd be cool if in Enemy Within it's shown that Bruce visits Harvey in Blackgate/Arkham Asylum and depending on your choices from the previous season he either hates you and is very antagonistic or he's sad and withdrawn but thankful that Bruce visits him.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

(does kinda funny usually archive their streams? Cause I'd love to watch this once I've played the episode for myself)

I just checked their Twitch account and it looks like they do archive their videos.

https://www.twitch.tv/kindafunnygames/videos/all

AChicken posted: »

Ooh, I want to watch but I don't want the spoilers! Telltale you're tearing me apart! (does kinda funny usually archive their streams? Cause I'd love to watch this once I've played the episode for myself)

• I really wish they were still doing Batman Unmasked but I feel like it won't be a thing this time around.

• You're thinking too much here...

I don't buy that. He's psychotic and unpredictable. Very well acted I'm not denying that.

• Ugh, more spoilers to dodge. Luckily it's only 1 day before the release, so I should be able to handle it.

• Do we know who is voicing Imen Avesta ? Her voice reminds me a lot of Erin Yvette.

• Good to know. Thanks.

OzzyUK posted: »

(does kinda funny usually archive their streams? Cause I'd love to watch this once I've played the episode for myself) I just checke

• Dodging spoilers are like dodging bullets. The moment one managed to hit you, it is all over.

Pipas posted: »

Ugh, more spoilers to dodge. Luckily it's only 1 day before the release, so I should be able to handle it.

• Same. But, we might be getting "Player's Space" episodes instead, which is something of a substitute.
    At least from that we may get some crazy development stories, or insight into the creation of characters.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I really wish they were still doing Batman Unmasked but I feel like it won't be a thing this time around.

• Holy Shit! Why am I just finding out about this!?

• I think he does care about Bruce...much in the same way the Joker cares about Batman.

I don't buy that. He's psychotic and unpredictable. Very well acted I'm not denying that.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2017

They first announced the game in the middle of last month - less than three weeks before the first episode releases - so don't feel weird about thinking this announcement came out of the blue. :p

Holy Shit! Why am I just finding out about this!?

• Agreed.

ScootyZ posted: »

You're thinking too much here...

• tbh i was annoyed with this game getting s2 first than game of thrones. but after playing the first one , i have to say i cant wait to play this one. it was a good surprise for me never expected it to be good... ofc it could have been more gameplay than story or QTE but i guess there will be no more Walking Dead S1 games.

hope they keep doing batman series, nice overall TTG

• edited August 2017

I think what's exciting me the most about Telltale's take on Batman is the opportunity for us to determine the relationships Batman will have with some of his villains. That's why I find the series strangely depressing and inspiring in the same breath. Like you said, the Joker will probably become a monster one way or another, no matter what we do. He's not too different from Harvey Dent in that sense. It's just fate doing its thing.

But just because a character is fated to become a hero or a villain, doesn't mean we can't alter some of the details surrounding their transformations. For example: Harvey will turn into Two-Face even if you prevent his disfigurement. However, depending on your interactions with him, Bruce and Harvey can either break apart for good, or remain friends to the bitter end. My Bruce and Harvey remained friends to the bitter end. (I don't want to discuss Bruce's relationship with Oswald, as I agree with the general consensus among fans that Telltale dropped the ball there.)

Batman and the Joker will eventually become arch-rivals. Again, it's just fate. But I'm hoping it'll be up to the player whether their rivalry is the classic "sooner or later I'll kill you or you'll kill me" chemistry seen in the comics, or take on a weirder, more ambiguous tone that's almost like a tragic friendship. After all, the Joker is probably the only other person on the earth (besides Selina) who completely "gets" Bruce/Batman.

AnimalBoy posted: »

I'm sad that The Joker will undeniably eventually turn on us. He's the type of guy my Bruce would get along with.

• Guess who's back? (It's me.)

I'm somewhat surprised I wasn't more inclined to play the first season when the game first came out. I love batman, I love telltales, but I think I was burnt out by TftBl. Gonna try and stay active here... after I actually finish season one.

• What do you mean "burnt out by tftbl"? Is that in a good way, or a bad way?
    You can dislike it if you want, but I'm just curious.

Dapnee posted: »

Guess who's back? (It's me.) I'm somewhat surprised I wasn't more inclined to play the first season when the game first came out. I love

• I was in the forums almost everyday for Tales, and I loved it to pieces. Needed a break to take care of other things.

AChicken posted: »

What do you mean "burnt out by tftbl"? Is that in a good way, or a bad way? You can dislike it if you want, but I'm just curious.

• Eh, that's fine.
    At least you've returned now.

Dapnee posted: »

I was in the forums almost everyday for Tales, and I loved it to pieces. Needed a break to take care of other things.

• I am PUMPED for this.

All I've watched is the first 15 minutes, which is the first scene that IGN uploaded.

But that's IT.
    Not even the TRAILER.

Avoiding trailers and going in blind has greatly improved movies and TV for me. So I'm going in blind, boys.
    2 days. Come ooooon, baby.

• Not telling you to watch it but just so you know the trailer is really well done. It doesn't give much away and it's really hype.

IDredMan posted: »

I am PUMPED for this. All I've watched is the first 15 minutes, which is the first scene that IGN uploaded. But that's IT. Not even t

• The trophy list has leaked.
    https://www.exophase.com/game/batman-the-enemy-within-psn/trophies/

Warning, there may be spoilers ahead.

• All I'm saying is...

How cool would it have been if I played Batman Season 1... And the Joker just sorta showed up, instead of knowing ahead of time that he was in the episode from the trailer.

Heck, how cool would it have been had I gone into this episode NOT knowing who the villain was? No Joker or Riddler. Just pure blind and they sorta show up.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Not telling you to watch it but just so you know the trailer is really well done. It doesn't give much away and it's really hype.

• Yeah, I get you. I totally understand, just wanted to let you know that the trailer doesn't give away much that we don't already know.

All I'm saying is... How cool would it have been if I played Batman Season 1... And the Joker just sorta showed up, instead of knowing ah

• Y'all know what TIME it comes out?

Like...

Monday, August 7th, 11:59:59:999 PM, No Batman.
    Tuesday, August 8th, 00:00:00:000 AM, Yes Batman?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It depends on the platform, on some it can release at midnight while on others it does not.

Playstation seems to be a midnight release but it's not guaranteed, Steam always releases at round 10 AM pacific time and the Telltale store version seems to also release around that time. The Xbox version tends to release when Microsoft update their store page.

Y'all know what TIME it comes out? Like... Monday, August 7th, 11:59:59:999 PM, No Batman. Tuesday, August 8th, 00:00:00:000 AM, Yes Batman?

• I don't know about you, but I think that John Doe's role in episode 4 and/or 5 would be heavily influenced by The Killing Joke.

The trophy list has leaked. https://www.exophase.com/game/batman-the-enemy-within-psn/trophies/ Warning, there may be spoilers ahead.

• Certainly possible. But who would he cripple since Batgirl is unlikely to appear ?

matteso586 posted: »

I don't know about you, but I think that John Doe's role in episode 4 and/or 5 would be heavily influenced by The Killing Joke.

• Who says he has to cripple someone? I was thinking more like an abandoned carnival, a hall of mirrors, and the motive being to prove that anyone can be driven mad by one bad day, no matter how sane.

Besides, nobody got crippled in The Gentle Art of Making Enemies (Gotham), and The Rubberface of Comedy (The Batman). And these were heavily influenced by The Killing Joke.

Certainly possible. But who would he cripple since Batgirl is unlikely to appear ?

• And I'm assuming the Windows 10 store version is lumped up with the Xbox version, since they're both Microsoft?

It depends on the platform, on some it can release at midnight while on others it does not. Playstation seems to be a midnight release bu

• I'm not checking the trophy list, but I really like that scenario and how it played out in Gotham/Killing Joke. The Dark Knight Returns also did it, though it wasn't abandoned and still worked, so I wouldn't mind that either.

It's definitely a tradition worth continuing (the cathedral at the end of Batman '89 also comes to mind), but yeah, carnival is the best place to do it.

matteso586 posted: »

Who says he has to cripple someone? I was thinking more like an abandoned carnival, a hall of mirrors, and the motive being to prove that an

• edited August 2017

MKIceandFire has always release telltale game episodes and all other games a day before they are released. So I think tomorrow we will see the episode soon I hope cause it happened before.

It depends on the platform, on some it can release at midnight while on others it does not. Playstation seems to be a midnight release bu

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I think MKIceandFire gets (or possibly used to get) press copies and would constantly break Telltale's embargo by posting it early, there are also people from New Zealand and Australia who tend to get episodes early due to time zones so i do expect to see some early footage.

strwar3 posted: »

MKIceandFire has always release telltale game episodes and all other games a day before they are released. So I think tomorrow we will see the episode soon I hope cause it happened before.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.