If Bruce had to choose between Harley or Selina..which lady would it be?

Comments

• Well we already saw Harley's reaction to Bruce if he's revealed as the mole. So for an intimate relationship I'm pretty sure your stuck with her not knowing Bruce's true motivations. It would come off completely out-of-character and random otherwise.

Smh cats stay talkin about each other instead of the topic post. Anyway about the post, im curious to see they up the ante with all characte

• While I have to admit your mockery of my opinion is quite amusing, I see that you people must be either so desperate for some Selina snack or just straight out lying to themselves. Selina wants to change on her own? Are you kidding me? If Bruce doesn't console her every goddamn time they speak, if he doesn't do things exactly the way she wants or if he even THINKS about opposing her, she'll have an emotional breakdown, probably attack him and then call him an asshole for saying what SHE's been saying the entire time.

As for Harley, you've clearly made up your mind and I've already mentioned most of the reasons I disagree with you so have a good one and see you later.

Selina struggles with her criminal nature and ends up wanting to change and be good on her own, because she is a good person. Nobody should

HexIgon posted: »

While I have to admit your mockery of my opinion is quite amusing, I see that you people must be either so desperate for some Selina snack o

• You know, Selina has outright said in EP3 of S1 that while she's "Stolen from corrupt jerks like Hill, she stole from plenty of good people too." She's not some Robin Hood on some crusade for the poor folks of Gotham nor is she an anarchist trying to screw over Gotham's upper class. She's simply greedy. And I don't hold that against her, she did help me and Gotham after all and I have no intention of putting her in jail. But I probably won't come to her aid either.

And I'll let your points about Harley stand except for the one when you mention she chose to be a criminal. You absolutely have no way of knowing that or what she went through. I'd say it's a little unfair to say just yet.

ShampaFK posted: »

I don't really care if Selina steals from the rich. They can afford it. I like how the Selina from Nolan's batman series says Bruce somethi

• I just thought about it when you said that based on my approach there shouldn't be Arkham or Blackgate (which I again refute) considering Arkham City was basically a run down lawless area of Gotham where criminals could do as they wished if they left Gotham alone. It backfired horribly in the end though.

GamerLady posted: »

Yes I have played it. But this is telltales version. Oh, my bad. I played Arkham Asylum. Not Arkham City.

• Because.........you're Batman? Eh? Guy who never kills? Eh? Heard about that? That's just the most obvious reason, others are that I don't want to see her killed if I can stop her in a different way, the fact that John would probably destroy me and Gotham if he knew I killed her and I can't deny that one of the reasons would most definitely be that body of hers. Sorry, too much potential.

But looking at it from a practical point of view why waste time helping her so she doesn't kill again when you could just kill her ?

• HexIgonHexIgon Banned
    edited December 2017

Yes, could you tell me when did I imply that her life was somehow more valuable than the lives of others?

Seriously, what makes her life more valuable than the ones she took? If we go by her mentality the problem would be solved with her death. Just like she feels the agency forced her hand she would be forcing Bruce's hand.

• I knew you reminded me of someone from Mass Effect! You're clearly the real counterpart of the reporter that gets punched all the time. Mostly for spewing disingenuous accusations based on no real evidence. Also for the fact that she needlessly antagonizes everyone she disagrees with.

Unfortunately, those who support Harley don't take things like this into account. Instead, they criticize Selina for being a thief, and prai

• Yeah you showed him. Really, good job. Now stop being a dick.

Well he does have a few screws loose so let's cut him some slack.

• edited December 2017

I put that it sounds like that's what you meant. Not that it was absolutely what you meant.
    But I was just about to respond to your post above this and say you have a very good point!
    Selina does say she's stolen from good people. I remember that. In season 1 she is definitely a morally grey person. And just because someone's rich doesn't mean they deserve to be stolen from, some people work very hard, day and night, for their wealth. I've met a few people like that as I used to clean houses, definitely would never be okay with it if someone stole from them.
    I still think Harley is worse but your right in that we might learn more of Harley's situation than what we know. I don't think it would excuse her actions, but I wouldn't say that she's beyond changing if what they reveal down the road calls for it.
    Personally I wouldn't like her to change because I love her as a villain. But telltale are amazing writers so I'm sure they'd pull it off in a way that I'm fine with.
    I mean, what if it turns out that the agency is really the enemy? So far she's only gone after the agency. What if the employees are fully aware of who they're working for? Lots of things could happen and we've got two more episodes to figure it out.

I just thought about it when you said that based on my approach there shouldn't be Arkham or Blackgate (which I again refute) considering Ar

• I agree but as u can clearly see from brucebrothers comment below me people aren't talking about issues with an fictional character cats like this guy is talking about people on this post. MODERATORS,why is brucebrothers talking about someone on here mental issues instead of the post ? Hmm lz handle him. Thanks. Just becuz the guy mentioned he can relate to fictional characters with ailments or flaws dont mean talk about his issues mockingly. Smh internet warriors .

I don't really know what there is to get upset about honestly. It seems people are getting riled up just because others are taking into cons

• Are you talking about Brucebrothers response to someone who brought up their own mental issues?

I agree but as u can clearly see from brucebrothers comment below me people aren't talking about issues with an fictional character cats lik

• edited December 2017

So much for having a civil discussion.

@HueyFreeman32 said:

I agree but as u can clearly see from brucebrothers comment below me people aren't talking about issues with an fictional character cats like this guy is talking about people on this post. MODERATORS,why is brucebrothers talking about someone on here mental issues instead of the post ? Hmm lz handle him. Thanks. Just becuz the guy mentioned he can relate to fictional characters with ailments or flaws dont mean talk about his issues mockingly. Smh internet warriors .

Mental issue shouldn't be mentioned if they don't want it to be discussed. Regardless, the moderators won't be forced into doing anything. However, yes, we shouldn't bully others who have mental issues. There's nothing wrong with being able to relate to characters, but that's not all that the person said who mentioned about having an illness. We're not mocking him, and we're not keyboard warriors.

I knew you reminded me of someone from Mass Effect! You're clearly the real counterpart of the reporter that gets punched all the time. Most

• Absolutely. If i mentioned a flaw on my part wouldn't someone using it against me be wrong esp when it has nothing to do with this post? Or im the only one with some integrity to call foul play whenit wasnt necessary?

Are you talking about Brucebrothers response to someone who brought up their own mental issues?

• HexIgonHexIgon Banned
    edited December 2017

@VengefulKenny

I love gifs with that guy! Strange they always seem to be used when someone doesn't know how (or is just lazy) to respond in a normal manner so they resort to posting a funny expression someone else made, hoping they get the rest of the readers on their side while really saying nothing. What do you want me to do? Repeat it again? Here:

While I have to admit your mockery of my opinion is quite amusing, I see that you people must be either so desperate for some Selina snack or just straight out lying to themselves. Selina wants to change on her own? Are you kidding me? If Bruce doesn't console her every goddamn time they speak, if he doesn't do things exactly the way she wants or if he even THINKS about opposing her, she'll have an emotional breakdown, probably attack him and then call him an asshole for saying what SHE's been saying the entire time.

As for Harley, you've clearly made up your mind and I've already mentioned most of the reasons I disagree with you so have a good one and see you later.

• This is all getting ridiculous guys lol.

• edited December 2017

Never mind I don't really know what's being said or going on this thread as of this moment. But I don't recall Brucebrothers insulting someone.

Absolutely. If i mentioned a flaw on my part wouldn't someone using it against me be wrong esp when it has nothing to do with this post? Or im the only one with some integrity to call foul play whenit wasnt necessary?

• I agree Manbat.last post concerning the topic was....mine lol that long one. For those who aint scrolling up basically I'd ove actually divergent paths for the last episodes for both camps. For them not to squeeze everything in the last episode and make these status for characters hav some arc or closure.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2017

Yeah you showed him. Really, good job. Now stop being a dick.

-

I knew you reminded me of someone from Mass Effect! You're clearly the real counterpart of the reporter that gets punched all the time. Mostly for spewing disingenuous accusations based on no real evidence. Also for the fact that she needlessly antagonizes everyone she disagrees with.

-

[Another user posted:]
    Well he does have a few screws loose so let's cut him some slack.

Posts with personal attacks like these don't make for the most constructive discussion. It makes for better quality posting if you focus on the substance of an argument instead of personal attacks, so let's try to do more of that please.

The Forum Guidelines cover this a bit:

Forum Guideline 1.1 R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Be respectful to other community members, moderators and Telltale team members. [...]

Forum Guideline 1.2 If discussion gets heated or breaks guidelines, use the "Flag" button to report offending posts/discussions instead of fighting back! [...]

Yeah you showed him. Really, good job. Now stop being a dick.

• HexIgonHexIgon Banned
    edited December 2017

Why don't you tell that to the other guy? All I did was call someone out for being a dick when he said a certain member with mental issues had "a few screws loose". And then I made a videogame character comparison. Okay. Bad. I get it.

Yeah you showed him. Really, good job. Now stop being a dick. - I knew you reminded me of someone from Mass Effect! You're cle

• Thanks for putting us all in pocket. Anyway tho, what if telltale makes the two ladies fight each other or we fight one of them to reveal our allegiance? That would be tight . lol

Yeah you showed him. Really, good job. Now stop being a dick. - I knew you reminded me of someone from Mass Effect! You're cle

• I missed that, so I updated my post to include that and I'm extending my heads up to the user who made the "few screws loose" quip too.

But, that doesn't make fighting back a good option, as the Forum Guidelines say. Report posts if they are offensive so a mod can handle it.

Why don't you tell that to the other guy? All I did was call someone out for being a dick when he said a certain member with mental issues had "a few screws loose". And then I made a videogame character comparison. Okay. Bad. I get it.

• Yeah I won't fuel cyber wars here anymore when it accomplishes nothing in reality and I will follow the guidelines more thoroughly. Sorry for the drama.

I missed that, so I updated my post to include that and I'm extending my heads up to the user who made the "few screws loose" quip too. B

• no need to be a smart ass and yeah iv'e heard about how batman dosen't kill its a big flaw of his.How he allows these mentally unstable individuals to keep killing people when he could do something about it permanently.And if you have to kill John to protect Gotham you should do that
    sometimes killing is a necessity for survival. Especially if your trying to keep innocent people safe and Batman's reasons for not killing ever are just dumb. Pretty much like every cliche hero who thinks killing is never the answer yet they would allow the government to do it.

Because.........you're Batman? Eh? Guy who never kills? Eh? Heard about that? That's just the most obvious reason, others are that I don't w

• Harley, "You probably notice I like to stir things up. It's a bad habit."

This. Also, earlier when she mentions that she likes to cause trouble.
    Also, I'm assuming she quit her jobs. Could she have been fired? Possibly. But even so. Why not get another legal job?

Harley, "You seen these animals I work with. In my business, you let your guard down for a second you get torn to shreds."

She says of Bane that he likes to make a mess, and that she's glad the have the EMP because that will make the job cleaner (which I interpreted to mean fewer deaths) but she is still a part of the pact. How did she get to be a member of the pact? How has she stayed a member? Nothing about her actions suggests she was coerced. And I don't think she is working deep undercover. Or that she really has a noble mission (however wrong headed) against Sanctus or the agency. The ends should justify the means, and in this case it really doesn't.

I think she said that she keeps the real her hidden just to manipulate Bruce. I realize I could be wrong, I was very wrong about Morgryn, but I think we've seen the real her. She may be better than Bane or Freeze, but that's not really saying much.

You know, Selina has outright said in EP3 of S1 that while she's "Stolen from corrupt jerks like Hill, she stole from plenty of good people

• Neither. While I love Harley much more than Selina, John Doe is my best friend and don't wanna upset him.

• edited December 2017

Thanks for brining up his comment @HexIgon @HueyFreeman32

I had made a response myself, but deleted it after I saw yours. Don’t want to cause anymore trouble over a comment that’s already been discussed.

• edited December 2017

He said that I had a few screws loose after I made my mental issues and opinions on the Harley/Selina situation known. Just because I’ve discussed my mental issues doesn’t give someone the right to call me nuts.

But it was dealt with. Was just informing you so you could be caught up.

Never mind I don't really know what's being said or going on this thread as of this moment. But I don't recall Brucebrothers insulting someone.

• I'm really sorry, for what it's worth. Never meant to hurt you.

Peace.

AnimalBoy posted: »

He said that I had a few screws loose after I made my mental issues and opinions on the Harley/Selina situation known. Just because I’ve d

• You do know about her father right? She didn't chose that, she was a perfectly normal person before that.

Harley, "You probably notice I like to stir things up. It's a bad habit." This. Also, earlier when she mentions that she likes to cause t

• She chose crime though. Plus people lose loved ones all the time and don't kill over it. And for someone who wanted to limit casualties its odd that she's one of the ones you have to 'head off.' She even goes after some guy just sittin' in his car. I think she's just as bad as Bane and Freeze. However I do think there will be more to her story.

You do know about her father right? She didn't chose that, she was a perfectly normal person before that.

• Agree 100%. She's also shown to enjoy going after that guy. "Brucie, come join the fun!" Not many people's idea of fun would be to bludgeon people to death with a hammer. And she's shown to be disappointed when he's on the ground unconscious instead of killed. "Well that was fun....kinda". Harley is a straight up villain and the loss of a loved one though tragic gives her no excuse for her actions.

She chose crime though. Plus people lose loved ones all the time and don't kill over it. And for someone who wanted to limit casualties its

• She has that reaction no matter what. I let her bash that agent’s head in and she said the exact same thing.

Agree 100%. She's also shown to enjoy going after that guy. "Brucie, come join the fun!" Not many people's idea of fun would be to bludgeon

• lol. Doesn't make it any better.

AnimalBoy posted: »

She has that reaction no matter what. I let her bash that agent’s head in and she said the exact same thing.

• I think the song Janey's Got a Gun is intriguing. How should we deal with people who kill their abusers? I don't really know, am not certain what I would do if I were on the jury with a case that had similar circumstances.
    But, yeah, I did know about the father. I want to echo what GamerLady said, "She chose crime though. Plus people lose loved ones all the time and don't kill over it."
    It's one thing to kill the people who hurt you, and another thing entirely to go on a crusade (if that is what is actually happening) and not care about the collateral damage. Who she is, what she's become is not justified because she suffered from her father's (supposedly, maybe?) suicide.

You do know about her father right? She didn't chose that, she was a perfectly normal person before that.

• You'd have an easier time understanding this if you weren't comparing Batman to the real world so much. Yeah people lose loved ones all the time and they don't kill over it, that is true. People also usually don't become Batsuit wearing crime fighting vigilantes "just" because their parents were murdered. But so what? Do you really think there aren't any people in the real world who killed somebody or turned to crime because their parents died? Out of grief or vengeance or desperation, it doesn't matter. They just did. Did your parents commit suicide? Have your parents been murdered? If yes, I am sorry for bringing up a point like this and offer my condolences. If not, then try to imagine how would you feel, if the only person you really cared about suddenly killed themselves after decades of you trying to help them. I am not saying it's an excuse, I'm saying I understand why Harley does what she does. This is Batman. The villains are supposed to be over the top and heavily dramatized. There isn't anybody like them in the real world.

Also she's not on some crusade like Vicki or Penguin, she's just an outlaw playing by her own rules. She knows what she does is wrong and she's not trying to justify herself.
    Oh and her father's suicide is not something "supposed", there's been literally tons of dialogue to support this -
    "...committed suicide after decades of struggling with mental illness." -Batman, in Episode 2 reading the info on HQ's father given to him by Gordon (determinant)

"He was a lost cause who made himself a shotgun lunch." Harley, in Episode 2 to Bruce after he mentions her father (determinant)

B: "He must have meant a lot to you."
    H: "He did. Before he blew his brains out." - Harley and Bruce in episode 3 (determinant)

I think the song Janey's Got a Gun is intriguing. How should we deal with people who kill their abusers? I don't really know, am not certain

• I would rather show a middle finger to all ladies, grab John Doe and ride off into the sunset with him on our beautiful car, leaving that bullshit behind.

On a serious note, I actually picked neither. Forced romances make me sick - I got mad when Selina said "I guess it's better if we hold back our feelings" in an answer to my refusal. Why can't Telltale just understand that my Batman might not have any feelings in the first place?! Harley isn't an option too, she's just a psychopath, although an attractive one. In the end, my Bats is 100% focused on his task and protecting his loved ones. Romance can be put aside, thank you.

• Agree 100 percent. Thats my same sentiment.

You'd have an easier time understanding this if you weren't comparing Batman to the real world so much. Yeah people lose loved ones all the

• Out of curiosity, this is what happens when you "friendzone" her.

• Oh good grief. Why does your camp have such a hard time understanding the concept of terrible X thing happening to a person does not justify them becoming terrible?

Do you really think there aren't any people in the real world who killed somebody or turned to crime because their parents died? Out of grief or vengeance or desperation, it doesn't matter.

And every single one of them was wrong to do so. The kids who were picked on in high school and then go on a mass shooting spree cease to become sympathetic the minute they begin shooting people. I knew a guy with mental issues (bipolar) who shot up a synagogue in the name of Allah, for perceived injustices to Muslims (he was one) and he was sentenced to life in jail without possibility of parole. He killed five people and injured one. I don't know. I just don't care about his mental illness, I care about the people he killed and all the pain he caused the friends and families of those people. I thought he deserved the death penalty, and hope prison is hell for him. He deserves it.

As to your whole... well, Batman is weird and how often does that happen? In the way Bruce did it, not a whole lot, if ever. Some people who've been rescued by fire fighters become one. But people joining the police force, or the military? A lot. Thousands, if not tens of thousands, of people joined the military after 9/11. They were kind of idiots, but noble ones. Bruce was helped by a detective, and so even though he didn't become a police officer, he sort of became a detective.

The reason I said that Harley's dad supposedly committed suicide was because I've read at least one person speculating that Harley's dad may have been killed by members of the agency or Sanctus. We were trying to find motivation for why Harley is doing what she is doing. Humanizing the monsters, as it were. If the Agency was somehow involved in her father's death, then her wanting to take them down would make some sort of sense. We don't know why Stephen Paddock shot those concert goers in Vegas. We don't know how to stop the next one. That is frustrating and scary. I feel sorry for all of his victims, the living and the dead.

I don't understand your whole... you're comparing this game to real life too much argument. I don't play games, or read books, to escape reality. I do it to understand reality a smidge better.

Also, since I try to immerse myself in the world (to some extent) I know that I would have been an innocent bystander or like the security guard.

You'd have an easier time understanding this if you weren't comparing Batman to the real world so much. Yeah people lose loved ones all the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.