If Bruce had to choose between Harley or Selina..which lady would it be?

Comments

• Word man. Im always been more enthusiastic with a villainous batman who can be with Harley or a gd batman with a reformed Harley like in the injustice universe. Hell fans actually like her more now as a hero the ever with her bein independent from Joker and being a mom/aunt to her daughter. So im rooting for other than another batman traditional trope. Was like that since season 1. Would hav joined Vicki as with Harley now and rule gotham that way. Besides..... Imagine if batman was a villian,all them women from ivy and harley would be on em for sure lol

AnimalBoy posted: »

People realize that the makeup comes off right? What's next? People complaining that she has dyed hair? Oh Harley, she's so crazy!

• PREACH. My boy Harvey would have been semi-okay if it wasn't for her.

I'll never forgive Selina for the part she played in Harvey's downfall. Doesn't matter to me what she tries to say or do to redeem herself now. I put Harvey ahead of her in season 1 and i'm doing the same thing for John and Gordon in season 2.

• I doubt there will be an option to let them go. Kinda kills the purpose of the game and that's too big of a choice to be branched.

Poptarts posted: »

Out of respect of AnimalBoy's wishes, I won't directly reply to their response, but it does sadden me that the topic has chased away a membe

• I don't see that happening with this Harley though. More because she's actually the manipulator in this version. She's using John vs. John using her. So it'd be more the Joker who has a chance to reform and grow independent from Harley. This Harley is very aware of the things she's done and likes being evil. As to whether they'll give batman a choice to be evil? I don't really see that happening as its telltale and telltale choices really just give you different scenario's to the same conclusion.

Word man. Im always been more enthusiastic with a villainous batman who can be with Harley or a gd batman with a reformed Harley like in the

• It looks like it is really good to be a BatCat fan these days. I really like where the storyline in comics is heading with each next issue and what Telltale did with portraying Bruce's and Selina's relationship in 3rd episode is awesome (and a little bit unexpected - in a good way, of course).

Even though I have a bad feeling about it and I know that it is really risky to do that, but I just hope that in both comics and in the game Burce will finally get some happy moments in his life and that it will not end too soon...

barfly posted: »

She already said yes. Sorry for spoilers: https://imgur.com/1w74MUI

• I might be the only one that thinks this but when I saw Selina covered in cuts and bruises I thought she looked incredibly hot.Its one of the reasons i chose to forgive her I like a woman who can kick ass and take a ass whooping!

• Following the attack by the Children Of Arkham, Harvey began to turn towards a darker path, due to the chemical being injected into his body (and possible disfigurement). The specialized drug that he was injected with drastically affected his mind. Despite becoming sworn in as mayor of Gotham City, he was traumatized by the hostage incident and showed signs of developing a more aggressive split personality, which is exacerbated by the activities of the Children Of Arkham. That became the catalyst that caused him to succumb to his split personality. “Your boy” Harvey wouldn’t have been semi-okay. Unless that’s what’s considered to be “semi-okay”.

The argument that is commonly used against Selina is how she caused the decline of Harvey, when again, if Bruce hadn’t spent the night at her apartment, it could have all been avoided. Or, if Harvey didn’t overreact to the situation, and let Bruce try to explain things (if he didn’t already betray the trust of his friend), we could have resolved things peacefully.

Dan10 posted: »

PREACH. My boy Harvey would have been semi-okay if it wasn't for her.

• edited November 2017

Well, what do you know! Harley looks like and acts like a clown. She’s already crazy by her actions alone, but now she wants to look the part.

You can never trust a clown anyway. Just ask the children who battled Pennywise.

ShampaFK posted: »

She looks like a clown.

• Lets not forget that John would be okay without Harley way more than Harvey would have been okay without Selina. For one Selina's intentions were not to drive Harvey to the deep end. Harley's intentions to John are exactly that. She's a psychiatrist that literally took advantage of her patient and is using him and goes so far as to call him her toy. And Harvey had issues to begin with and refused to get help, despite making a facility for people with similar issues. He was hypocritical in that he preached for people to seek help and yet refused to due to his pride. Also Bruce ends up at Selina's because she is pushed into a situation where she has to save him and literally puts herself at risk to do so even if you saved Harvey she does this. You can also choose not to sleep with Selina and Harvey still freaks out despite the fact that Bruce is clearly bandaged up and with a bleeding shoulder. Its not hard to deduce that Bruce was in need of help and that may have been why he was at Selina's.
    Selina has nothing to apologize for when it comes to Harvey. She didn't burn his face, that was penguin, and anyone who dates anyone should understand that people don't always return the feelings. I mean it is made clear at the beginning that Selina and Harvey had just started dating, she was new to Gotham so his obsession with her was unwarranted.

I'll never forgive Selina for the part she played in Harvey's downfall. Doesn't matter to me what she tries to say or do to redeem herself now. I put Harvey ahead of her in season 1 and i'm doing the same thing for John and Gordon in season 2.

• ???

GamerLady posted: »

Lets not forget that John would be okay without Harley way more than Harvey would have been okay without Selina. For one Selina's intentions

• edited November 2017

You have your opinion and i have mine. Quite frankly, this thread has both worn me out and angered me. I'm tired of reading paragraphs worth of psycho babble over fictional characters.

Lets not forget that John would be okay without Harley way more than Harvey would have been okay without Selina. For one Selina's intentions

• edited November 2017

I had no intention of angering you or changing your opinion. I was simply stating mine and was up for a friendly debate. I should remember not everyone likes that. I'm a blunt person by nature and don't really have a filter so I can see how I may come off as harsh, I've been told as much by a couple of people. I apologize for offending you. I'll try and keep it friendlier in the future.

You have your opinion and i have mine. Quite frankly, this thread has both worn me out and angered me. I'm tired of reading paragraphs worth of psycho babble over fictional characters.

• For what it's worth, you simply replied to a reply that was posted in this thread, and respectfully with civility. When anyone leaves a comment on a forum, they should always expect someone to reply. Because, what you're doing is basically putting yourself out there. Hopefully, we can all just continue this discussion without allowing our emotions to get the best of us (not directed to you, @GamerLady, or anyone in particular), whether that be by name calling or insulting others. And if we can't do that, hopefully, we will just know when it's time to stop replying.

On-topic: Considering that Harvey inevitably became Two-Face (whether disfigured or not), John is most likely going to become the Joker. Imagine how much more he will influence Harley's behavior then. With that in mind, Harley being reformed is unlikely at this point.

I had no intention of angering you or changing your opinion. I was simply stating mine and was up for a friendly debate. I should remember n

• edited November 2017

What I liked about Harvey was that if you saved him he started off being paranoid vs if you didn't and he jumped right into being Two-Face. I'm super excited to see the difference between Joker's more violent side and the more devious side and wonder if you can have it be a mix of both. I'm also really excited to see how that changes this versions Harley/Joker dynamic. I kind of feel like Joker is unknowingly manipulating Harley already with the fact that she trusts him implicitly, even when he attempts/does steal the laptop. But I'm excited to see her reaction if and when it becomes more obvious.

For what it's worth, you simply replied to a reply that was posted in this thread, and respectfully with civility. When anyone leaves a comm

• Definitely! The next episode is probably going to answer these questions for us. Because something is ailing someone, and there will apparently be a shocking revelation that forces Bruce into a change of plans. Who is the person being ailed? Maybe it's John. What will be the shocking revelation? I don't know.

What I liked about Harvey was that if you saved him he started off being paranoid vs if you didn't and he jumped right into being Two-Face.

• I almost think the shocking revelation is going to have something to do with Freeze. I heard that they had mentioned Freeze would be important in later episodes and I almost wonder if he isn't on Sanctus' side because they are giving him the resources for Nora. But the revelation could also be to do with John which would coincide with how his character was portrayed in season 1. He seemed craftier and a lot more sinister in season 1 than he does in season 2. I wonder if what telltale meant by John learning from Bruce and you shaping Joker were really deciding whether or not John is actually already the Joker or not. If he's the more manipulative version than he's already Joker and knows your identity as batman and is trying to learn how to push Bruce's buttons. And if he's the genuine Joker than he's John and learning from Bruce how to be violent and turning into Joker with no knowledge as to who the batman is.

Definitely! The next episode is probably going to answer these questions for us. Because something is ailing someone, and there will apparen

• That's an interesting synopsis and plausible outcome! When Bruce and John are having drinks together, John mentioned how he can feel someone, a few layers deep, pacing like an animal in a cage, just looking for something to start it. Could Bruce be what causes John to change? Anything is in the realm of possibility. Mr. Freeze, having not been involved in as much of the story as Bane and Harley, I could definitely see something happening with him, even being aligned with SANCTUS. We're in for something!

I almost think the shocking revelation is going to have something to do with Freeze. I heard that they had mentioned Freeze would be importa

• As long as people are being respectful and following the guidelines, I don't see the harm in people offering their insight into characters. I skimmed some posts here that have been called out, but I'm not seeing anything super offensive myself.

If you don't like the posts, you are free to take a breather from the thread and discuss the game in another thread, but I'm not seeing the harm in some of the posts that have been called out.

• I will always remember when me and my friend were playing threw season 1 and Selina said to Bruce. "heroes don't lie with thieves." my friend then said completely strait.
    "what are you talking about have you never heard of....o wait never mind i am an idiot."
    and i said "you were about to say dating cat woman trope weren't you."
    we both laughed.

• edited December 2017

My point was that just because I like the villains and doing bad things in this video game doesn’t mean anything in real life. Why are people bringing up serial killers and real life situations based on what I like to do in a video game?

As long as people are being respectful and following the guidelines, I don't see the harm in people offering their insight into characters.

• edited November 2017

You are on a video game board. You should expect everything you post to be analyzed and discussed.
    You can't handle that ? You know the way out.

You don't get to decide what can and can't be said about your comments. This is how a forum works, this is a place of discussion after all or maybe you forgot that.

Your illness is no excuse.

My point was that just because I like the villains and doing bad things in this video game doesn’t mean anything in real life. Why are people bringing up serial killers and real life situations based on what I like to do in a video game?

• Well it isn't exactly my Bruce's fault. I rejected Selina. She was just using him which caused him to be falsely led on. Plus she betrayed us AGAIN this episode. Sure she gives it back but still. Rude.

Following the attack by the Children Of Arkham, Harvey began to turn towards a darker path, due to the chemical being injected into his body

• Well, it's not Selina's fault for Harvey's actions either then. @GamerLady already explained that Harvey was obsessive over Selina, which is true. But did you ever consider that Harvey became attached without Selina reciprocating feelings? It happens all the time. He had feelings for her, but they weren't dating each other. Even when Harvey introduces Selina to Bruce, he simply introduced her by name only. He didn't introduce her as being anything more to him than just "Selina". Maybe Harvey led himself on, thinking that there was something there when there wasn't. Again, it happens all the time. And how did Selina betray Bruce again? She never betrayed me again.

Dan10 posted: »

Well it isn't exactly my Bruce's fault. I rejected Selina. She was just using him which caused him to be falsely led on. Plus she betrayed us AGAIN this episode. Sure she gives it back but still. Rude.

• Please leave me out of this thread.

You are on a video game board. You should expect everything you post to be analyzed and discussed. You can't handle that ? You know the wa

• Selina every time, not only is she way cuter, her and Bruce also have way more in common, and that Catsuit is hot

• edited November 2017

I'm entitled to respond to your posts without your express approval.
    Again, this is an open space of discussion and debate. :)

Thank you for your understanding.

Your admiration for Harley is duly noted, but many including me find her despicable.
    She is a monster and she belongs in a padded cell. Some characters are not beyond redemption but from what I've seen she is not one of them.
    I've been very critical of Selina in the past but I will admit her display in episode 3 has been humbling. There is hope for her to be a real equal to Bruce and their chemistry is evident.
    I hope we will be able to bond ever more in future episodes, especially if you rooted for her all the way through.

Please leave me out of this thread.

• You speak of Harley like she murders babies whilst drinking the blood of slaughtered kittens, what exactly has she done that makes her so much worse than Penguin, Harvey, Lady Arkham, Riddler, Bane and Freeze?

I'm entitled to respond to your posts without your express approval. Again, this is an open space of discussion and debate. Thank you

• Word man. Animal boy just was making a point for Harley is all. All these characters are morally amibigious. But everyone thinks themselves a hero when others see a villian. The truth is the trith bit everyone has a right to their perspective. Me honestly? I think these telltale versions of batman is the only way outside of fanfictions where u can get a differnt batman outside of the multitude of moviea,animated movies,comics and games. So im goin off the trail with Harley because of that as well as i find her appealing like with Vicki.

HexIgon posted: »

You speak of Harley like she murders babies whilst drinking the blood of slaughtered kittens, what exactly has she done that makes her so much worse than Penguin, Harvey, Lady Arkham, Riddler, Bane and Freeze?

• Crushing people's heads with her hammer. She is not "worse" so as much as she is not better.

She is a monster, a cold blooded murderer.

You speak of Harley like she murders babies whilst drinking the blood of slaughtered kittens, what exactly has she done that makes her so much worse than Penguin, Harvey, Lady Arkham, Riddler, Bane and Freeze?

• I wouldn't call her a cold blooded murderer. Harley while she is a criminal isn't heartless. She's certainly better than the likes of Bane and Freeze.

Crushing people's heads with her hammer. She is not "worse" so as much as she is not better. She is a monster, a cold blooded murderer.

• Well shooting people does get boring after a while. A hammer is a crude yet in Harley's hands elegant weapon requiring considerable skill and allowing a more personal touch. Would you think more of her if she used a frying pan?

Crushing people's heads with her hammer. She is not "worse" so as much as she is not better. She is a monster, a cold blooded murderer.

• If death does not ensue she can use whatever she wants. In my book she does not deserve kindness.

Well shooting people does get boring after a while. A hammer is a crude yet in Harley's hands elegant weapon requiring considerable skill and allowing a more personal touch. Would you think more of her if she used a frying pan?

• Harley makes for a great villain but she is comparable to Oz, Bane and Freeze. Harvey's situation is a bit different especially if his face gets burned and some of his brain is literally exposed. Not saying his actions were excusable, because they weren't, but Harley's reasoning for killing people is ridiculous. She's really just evil and enjoys it. She belongs in blackgate with Oz.
    But I do wonder if her father worked for sanctus or something? And was somehow made to be crazy because he tried being a whistle-blower. Maybe that's why she's going after them? I'm not entirely convinced it's the drug she's after. More because we haven't been told why she wants it. But the very fact that if Bruce outs himself as the mole she decides to kill him AND Tiffany, an innocent girl whose done absolutely nothing to Harley, shows just how bad she is. She already took care of the mole problem by placing him in the ice-box so why even bother with Tiffany?

• edited November 2017

Could not agree more, well said.
    Selina >>>>>> Harley

Alfred > Harley
    https://imgflip.com/i/2059qs

I'm entitled to respond to your posts without your express approval. Again, this is an open space of discussion and debate. Thank you

• edited November 2017

Who said that Harley was so much worse than the likes of Penguin, Two-Face, Lady Arkham, the Riddler, Bane, and Mr. Freeze? They’re all morally despicable. @BruceBrothers spoke about her in the way that she has allowed herself to be spoken of. She doesn’t need to have “murdered babies while drinking the blood of slaughtered kittens”. There are many people who have done neither of the two that have been considered a monster that belongs in a padded cell. Because, it’s not necessarily about the action itself, on whether it’s worse than others, but it’s about if the action is detestable in general.

• It's not the instrument, it's the act that bothers me. Torturing someone to death would be more personal, too, but much worse. So, no, the fact that it's personal doesn't change things.

I don't think we are making the argument that Harley is worse than Bane or Freeze or any of the other villains from seasons one or two. Harley might not be deliberately trying to kill people, the way Freeze seems to, but she also doesn't seem to care if it does happen while she's on a rampage. The comparison was mainly between Harley and Selina.

Poptarts had a really good post about how both Selina and Harley have blood on their hands. Selina hasn't been shown to kill people herself. However, her moral apathy and, because she's an adrenaline junkie, her actions in service of her clients have or could have lead to the suffering and deaths of countless people. Selina is all kinds of morally gray. Harley, at this point, is pretty much straight up villain; manipulating and betraying people same as Selina AND actually killing people with her hands.

Well shooting people does get boring after a while. A hammer is a crude yet in Harley's hands elegant weapon requiring considerable skill and allowing a more personal touch. Would you think more of her if she used a frying pan?

• edited November 2017

The Wizard Of Oz is in a different league of evil compared to Harley. He basically turned a nice girl into a wicked witch, a dastardly con man. Harley is just a cute friendly misunderstood psychiatrist.

Harley makes for a great villain but she is comparable to Oz, Bane and Freeze. Harvey's situation is a bit different especially if his face

• Harley is simply helping her patients by killing them softly. As soon as I heard her sweet (totally not dark) lullaby, I knew she was the gal for Bruce. Some of us are still waiting for our special treat... lmao

ShampaFK posted: »

It's not the instrument, it's the act that bothers me. Torturing someone to death would be more personal, too, but much worse. So, no, the f

• Just seemed that way from the way @BruceBrothers spoke of her. I don't think they hold the same viewpoint they have on Harley when it comes to all the other villains, but of course I could be mistaken. As for "monsters who belong in a padded cell" I simply have to disagree. As my Bruce said: "No one is beyond reach." Now I don't think many people actually believe that, it's more like they were trying to impress Selina, but I sincerely believe those words. There's hope for everyone and everyone should be given a chance. I'd be much happier knowing all the people Batman faced have evolved beyond their former selves and that they are trying to make the world a better place instead of knowing they'll just fortify their villainous tendencies, locked away and isolated from any contact with the outside world. Seems hypocritical when people defend Selina and her actions saying "She's a different, better person", yet they condemn Harley as a monster and don't try to help her change.

Who said that Harley was so much worse than the likes of Penguin, Two-Face, Lady Arkham, the Riddler, Bane, and Mr. Freeze? They’re all mora

• Facts! Talk that stuff. . Don demarco ! Lol bang bang

Just seemed that way from the way @BruceBrothers spoke of her. I don't think they hold the same viewpoint they have on Harley when it comes

Sign in to comment in this discussion.