If Bruce had to choose between Harley or Selina..which lady would it be?

12345679»

Comments

• edited December 2017

No, I don't think you're an idiot. You and @lilsnek have falsely accused me, though.

Even, though, @GamerLady explain it well, I will reiterate myself again. There has been at least one person who has liked what Harley does. You can read through all of the replies to see what I'm talking about. Not only that, but they also give a reason for why she does certain things, such as her father having committed suicide due to his mental issues. That's justify her actions, saying that she has committed crimes because of her father's untimely demise. As for saying how I twist everything that you say, I have had several people twist my words now, yourself included. @lilsnek also twisted my words and accused me of being something that I'm not. Which, is to be expected from people. People will assume the worst about you without trying to understand you. He basically accused me of being an internet troll. And, if he really believes that, he should report my replies. Let's see what the moderators think. I haven't called anyone out of their name, and I have simply tried discussing matters. If I disagree with you, why am I going to come into agreement? That's not how discussions work. You and others keep presenting this argument of how "video games aren't real life". Me and others haven't said that they're real life. Even recently, I clearly said that they're simulations of real life. Meaning that, they depict real life events such as friendships, murder, romance, and other things. I ask the same question to you. If you keep accusing us, falsely might I add, how can we take all of you seriously?

HexIgon posted: »

I can't believe that I left the forum for a day only to see this Someone's being a little over-dramatic. We're simply sharing our op

• So you're saying WE forget the reality that it's a game? When we were the first to argue that it should be separated from real life? Okay.

Now just because ShampaFK was bringing up real life situations and comparing them, doesn't mean they took the game seriously. It only means they see similarities

They literally said they intentionally don't separate TT games and reality that much. Which to me sounds like they took the game seriously, after all they have all these strong feelings about Harley which were the reason we all started discussing with them. Because we have strong feelings about these characters too and because we take them seriously.

And while your accusations may or may not be wrong, neither were mine.

Well could you at least give me a clear example of me twisting your words?

GamerLady posted: »

Um... yeah, no. 'What we are saying is that we don't forget the reality that its a game' is definitely not for you. I was explaining to you

• Frankly I've lost all desire to try and discuss something with you, seeing as you numerously spread lies about us without providing any clear evidence. Saying go back and take a look is not good enough. I've always provided clear bits of people's comments that support my claim. So if you want me to take what you say seriously, show me the comment of that one person who likes what Harley does. Show me where we say she's justified. Saying she committed crimes because of her father's death is not a justification, it's simply the reasoning. I've actually had to say this a lot but still you somehow think we justify her actions. Well we don't. And stop playing the victim when you're the one falsely accusing everybody.

No, I don't think you're an idiot. You and @lilsnek have falsely accused me, though. Even, though, @GamerLady explain it well, I will rei

• edited December 2017

This is coming from the person who is literally playing the victim while falsely accusing everyone, though. I don't need to "play the victim". It's as clear as day that you have falsely accused me as well as others. It doesn't bother me (myself being falsely accused), though. The evidence has already been provided, if you would take the time and read the replies. Even if I provide you with evidence, I have my doubts that you will recognize it as such.

@AnimalBoy said:

Yes I did. Why? To make her happy. That's another part of the job involved in staying undercover. Making all the members happy. They want to hear something in particular? I say it. They want me to do something in particular? I do it. Even if they didn't, i still would go along with them. I like being bad.

And I did no damage to John by flirting with her. Considering that I've been pro John the whole time, the game recognized that I helped John get the attention he wanted from Harley by having him hand over the device to Harley and he was happy. He was happy, Harley was happy, and I got to do bad things.

That's just one of the many replies in this thread. You will need to go and read them for yourself, especially if you value evidence.

Frankly I've lost all desire to try and discuss something with you, seeing as you numerously spread lies about us without providing any clea

• HexIgonHexIgon Banned
    edited December 2017

Pathetic. He didn't say he likes what Harley did or justify it, he said he likes being undercover and deceiving them to the point where he could bring himself to commit a morally questionable action without the Pact ordering it. That has nothing to do with what you've mentioned. Try again.

This is coming from the person who is literally playing the victim while falsely accusing everyone, though. I don't need to "play the victim

• Folks. Please. It doesn't matter who's right. It takes one person to walk away and let it go. The OP question is about personal preference regarding the game. No one has to justify their choices to anyone else. Let's just move on and be civil, please.

• See, and I knew that you were going to say that. That's why we can't have a good conversation with you. It's not pathetic, but it goes to show that you're not willing to listen to reason. He literally said that he likes doing morally questionable acts, which Harley herself also does. Meaning that, he likes what Harley does. Put two and two together. I'm not going to "try again" with someone who doesn't want to listen. I'm sorry.

Pathetic. He didn't say he likes what Harley did or justify it, he said he likes being undercover and deceiving them to the point where he c

• Fellas, fellas, fellas, let's try and tone it down some with the passive aggressive comments and snarky quips.

It's good to see a discussion where people are invested in sharing their ideas, but not if it comes at the cost of civility. As Johro said, it's a good idea to just take a breather and walk away if you are getting a bit heated up.

I've had to come here several times now from multiple people reporting posts at different points, and this is now my second public warning. If you disagree with people or their ideas, it's fine to explain why, but please try to focus on the idea instead of making posts with personal attacks or condescension. Again, I'd like to remind people to focus on the idea and not personal attacks. Even if you feel someone else is being unnecessarily snarky, don't make responses along the lines of "oh, of course, because you see us as idiots", as it just veers the discussion to a nonconstructive place.

The thread might be locked for an indefinite time if the discussion can't become civil. Again, it's cool to see passionate debate, but let's leave out passive aggression, putting words in people's mouths as an exaggerated response to perceived attacks, etc.

• I agree with you completely. Please forgive me if any of my replies have been passive aggressive and/or snarky. I have always tried to be respectful to others in this thread, and other ones. Which is why I try to be calm and collective before making a reply to others. I'm really sorry if I caused any unnecessary drama.

Fellas, fellas, fellas, let's try and tone it down some with the passive aggressive comments and snarky quips. It's good to see a discuss

• Honestly, I think this thread should be locked. It's become toxic.

• I don't think you were one of the users making passive aggressive responses. I was mainly focusing on other users

I agree with you completely. Please forgive me if any of my replies have been passive aggressive and/or snarky. I have always tried to be re

• edited December 2017

Wrong. Even if i did say that, it's a video game. People can do bad things in a video game and still be an outstanding citizen in real life. But for some reason you're stuck on this idea that doing bad thing or making morally wrong choices (Wrong to you at least) in these games somehow reflects on the person playing the game. Quite frankly, you've had this holier than thou attitude for the entirety of this thread.

See, and I knew that you were going to say that. That's why we can't have a good conversation with you. It's not pathetic, but it goes to sh

• edited December 2017

I didn't say otherwise. People who do morally questionable acts in a video game can be an upstanding citizen of society. However, it doesn't take away from the fact, that it can speak to their character. Now, this doesn't apply to everyone of course, but I still feel like if there were no consequences to our actions, The Purge wouldn't just be a movie. That's all I will say about that. And you, like a few others, have made assumptions about others. I haven't had "holier than thou" attitude either. I have already said that I have done bad things before. As a matter of fact, I don't even consider myself a good person. Not because I haven't or don't do good things, but simply because I have done bad things before.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Wrong. Even if i did say that, it's a video game. People can do bad things in a video game and still be an outstanding citizen in real life.

• edited December 2017

People, please just agree to disagree. Welcome to the internet, where you've got differing opinions and views on things. Everyone is taking things too far right now, and it's now really hard to find out who did what where and when. The "you said this" here and "this was about me" there is just going in circles. Maybe someone read something wrong, maybe someone didn't say something the right way, but please, please we need to move on.
    Let's all start from square one and agree that we all have differing views on life, on entertainment. I wanted to participate in this thread sooner, but the constant criticism of each person because of their views on what should be right vs. wrong and what action is the better one to take drove me away. And it only got worse it seems.

Everyone's got different morals, so let's respect that please?

Anyway, now that I'm on this thread why don't I post? So...
    OP: romantic relationship.
    Nope. My Bruce is not ready or trusting of Cats yet. Harley is just obviously manipulating him for her own good. He is not that kind of person to accept that.

Morals, who is in the wrong?
    I believe that they're both in the wrong.
    Selina -- like many have said -- could be indirectly causing deaths of people depending on what she's employed to do. She's somewhat responsible.
    Harley is also in the wrong, for clear reasons. She's been killing anyone who gets in her way so far, all out of cold blood and circumstance. The possibility that she is doing it because of a mental illness doesn't excuse her from it, but could sway her fate to be less harsh.
    I don't think either should outright die on the spot, both would be better off paying for their sins. Hopefully Selina could be persuaded to stop her theiving ways, and hopefully Harley can be rehabilitated from what has caused her to go down such a path.

Now please, accept this. Feel free to ask questions, but that is my opinion on this matter. No one should be more "wrong" than the other right now.

Edit: Ah, sorry if I shouldn't have pitched in on the issue, as it seems to already been solved (I came from the previous page posting this comment, fed up with what I saw for so long) Just trying to clear things up.

• I agree. I think Selina and Harley are both guilty in what you've said. I do like that Selina is at least saying she'd like to be a better person in this new season. And as it doesn't give you the option to arrest her, I'll take it.
    Harley is worse, in my opinion. She seems to enjoy killing despite acting like she wants to limit casualties.
    I do wonder if season 1 was the first time Selina was almost indirectly involved in killing others or if she'd been in a similar situation before and the job actually went through. It could be that, that incident opened her eyes and since then she's looked for more information regarding her clients. Not that, that excuses anything. But I'd like to get more clarification on her situation. Is she an accomplice to murder or got herself in a really bad situation that one time? It'd be nice to know.

AChicken posted: »

People, please just agree to disagree. Welcome to the internet, where you've got differing opinions and views on things. Everyone is taking

• I also would like more of Selina's backstory.

I agree. I think Selina and Harley are both guilty in what you've said. I do like that Selina is at least saying she'd like to be a better p

• Hopefully telltale elaborates on it. Specifically this subject. I am super curious just how many lives she's indirectly responsible for, if any.

ShampaFK posted: »

I also would like more of Selina's backstory.

• edited December 2017

From my observation, you have started conversations with others (more often than not), and used your mental issues as a reason for why you relate to villains. Ironically enough, you and others have criticized people who have different beliefs from you, for using the real life as a comparison to a video game, when you literally did the same thing by mentioning about how you have issues mentally, citing that as a reference for how you relate to certain characters. Now, you’re accusing someone of being condescending for sharing their opinion on a forum. That’s just hypocrisy.

Furthermore, a moderator has already given you a warning, saying that people are free to discuss as long as people are following the guidelines. Unfortunately, there are several people who have been, as he said, “passive aggressive and snarky” — “putting words in the mouths’ of others as an over exaggeration to perceived attacks”. Let’s just stop making assumptions about others, as if we’re any better than the next person. Because that, by definition, is a “holier than thou” attitude. Often times, the reason why threads have become “toxic”, is because of how we replied to others. Let’s do better than that. From this point forward, I would like to see and read replies from people who are being respectful and civil with each other, instead of the subtle jabs that are being disguised as “further clarification”.

On-topic: If Bruce had to choose between Selina or Harley, it would be Selina. There are other people who have already explained why they would choose her over Harley, and I agree with them completely.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Wrong. Even if i did say that, it's a video game. People can do bad things in a video game and still be an outstanding citizen in real life.

• I don't know if saying Harley is manipulating Bruce is entirely accurate. It's easy to forget/ignore because we're the 'good guy' but Bruce is the one manipulating and using the members of the Pact. We're the ones playing nice while working against them. Harley hasn't exactly been nice, but she isn't manipulating us. She has no reason to. We're the ones trying to gain her trust, not the other way around.

People, please just agree to disagree. Welcome to the internet, where you've got differing opinions and views on things. Everyone is taking

• Ummm... she is definitely trying to control him. We can agree on that, right? I think that first scene in her office where she half apologizes for hitting that guard was manipulative. But then again, I'm very skeptical of her and whether she is really hiding her real self.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I don't know if saying Harley is manipulating Bruce is entirely accurate. It's easy to forget/ignore because we're the 'good guy' but Bruce

• I think she attempts to manipulate Bruce. I don't know that her flirting is legit. For example, in the elevator, if you tell her to back off Regina she'll still make a move on Bruce despite that he angered her a second ago. It seems like she's using it as a way to keep Bruce in line. In which case it would be a form of manipulation.
    However it doesn't mean that she's not also gaining an attachment to him. That's always possible.

I don't know if saying Harley is manipulating Bruce is entirely accurate. It's easy to forget/ignore because we're the 'good guy' but Bruce

• Certainly giving orders if that's what you mean. When I think manipulating, I think toying with someone's mind to gain the exact reaction you want. Like how she treats John. She's most certainly manipulating him, but not Bruce, imo.

Ummm... she is definitely trying to control him. We can agree on that, right? I think that first scene in her office where she half apologiz

• The way I saw the flirting is Harley having her idea of 'fun' she likes being in control and I imagine it makes her feel powerful. But I don't think it was a form of manipulation.

I think she attempts to manipulate Bruce. I don't know that her flirting is legit. For example, in the elevator, if you tell her to back off

• She gets very violent and threatens people if you don't go along with what she wants you to do. The way she treats Regina in the elevator, for instance. Or the way she buries the hammer in the wall if you don't behave the way she wants you to. So, yeah, I think she is quite controlling.

Certainly giving orders if that's what you mean. When I think manipulating, I think toying with someone's mind to gain the exact reaction you want. Like how she treats John. She's most certainly manipulating him, but not Bruce, imo.

• But using her flirting to stay in control is manipulation, isn't it?

The way I saw the flirting is Harley having her idea of 'fun' she likes being in control and I imagine it makes her feel powerful. But I don't think it was a form of manipulation.

• More of a power display, imo. I don't think it was to get Bruce to play nice. More like a "I want this and I shall have it" kinda thing, if that makes sense.

But using her flirting to stay in control is manipulation, isn't it?

• I can agree with that. Violent and a low tolerance for things not going her way.

She gets very violent and threatens people if you don't go along with what she wants you to do. The way she treats Regina in the elevator, f

• I guess manipulation would have to be more subtle? She was definitely upfront and obvious about her flirting.

More of a power display, imo. I don't think it was to get Bruce to play nice. More like a "I want this and I shall have it" kinda thing, if that makes sense.

• Then I think @AgentZ46 is right that it's more of a power dominance over Bruce. Maybe she thought she could woo him into doing what she wanted, but that didn't work out well, so next she's using it as a display of "this is how I am when I'm nice, you won't like angry Harley".
    But then again, she's extremely flirtatious with Bruce when she wants something, so maybe she's really trying to break him. To prove he can't resist going to the dark side? I'm sure she knows that Bruce is the least criminally-able of the group, and that he's really on the lower end of their Evil spectrum. Maybe they're all tests to see if he's really here for the Pact, or if he has other motives? :/

I guess manipulation would have to be more subtle? She was definitely upfront and obvious about her flirting.

• I think Harley has no romantic feelings whatsoever for Bruce. All she is after is domination and power over him.
    She is very manipulative.

Then I think @AgentZ46 is right that it's more of a power dominance over Bruce. Maybe she thought she could woo him into doing what she want

• Maybe not romantic but there's gotta at least be a lust thing going on.

I think Harley has no romantic feelings whatsoever for Bruce. All she is after is domination and power over him. She is very manipulative.

• I'd have to agree with this to some extent. Definitely on Harley's end, not sure about Bruce. Like has been said he is trying to manipulate all pact members into believing he's one of them so it's hard to say.

Maybe not romantic but there's gotta at least be a lust thing going on.

• Honestly,I'd choose Selina due to our relationship in season 1 but I do like Harley but I feel like I relate more to Selina honestly.

• Harley is way more interesting so she is my pick..the whole Selina thing has been played out since decades and Telltale's take is nothing refreshing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.