If Bruce had to choose between Harley or Selina..which lady would it be?

Comments

• I'd turn them over. There's only room for one costume-wearing-maniac in Gotham and that's the batman.

Poptarts posted: »

Out of respect of AnimalBoy's wishes, I won't directly reply to their response, but it does sadden me that the topic has chased away a membe

• She wouldn't have if they didn't fight back.

I do believe that there's a difference between killing someone out of self-defense and premeditating someone's murder. When Harley's life wa

• edited November 2017

Unfortunately, replies on threads here often causes others to leave for reasons, that either could have been avoided or were caused by the person leaving. Hopefully, we can continue to discuss the matter, without having to make any unnecessary replies about our departure. If something causes us to be offended, then we don't have to continue conversations. However, let's be free to discuss what's on our hearts.

Anyway, all of the characters in this series have their imperfection. This is true. Selina has supposedly betrayed Bruce twice, but I personally agree with another member's interpretation of it more. If this "betrayal" happens again, I don't think that it will actually be what people consider betrayal. Selina, especially in the second season, has become playful with Bruce. Which, I can see her continuing to be playful with him, but not in a way that it would be considered "betrayal". When she had a briefcase with the laptop in it, she intentionally started running away, not to have betrayed his trust, but to get Bruce to chase her. After all, Bruce is "her kind of crazy". Harley, however, will probably inevitably find out the truth about Bruce's involvement with the Agency. To which, she will then betray him. This is to be expected. And truthfully, that's because Bruce first betrayed her trust.

To answer your last question, if by turning "them" over to the GCPD, you're referring to the Pact, then I will probably have them serving jail time without any hesitation or reservation. It really all depends on what the choice is, though.

Out of respect of AnimalBoy's wishes, I won't directly reply to their response, but it does sadden me that the topic has chased away a membe

• edited November 2017

She also wouldn't have if she didn't put herself in a bad position. Harley and the rest of the members of the Pact made a conscious decision to attack the Agency for the Riddler's body. The point still remains. They put themselves in a bad situation, where they knew what to expect. If you ambush a convoy, especially if police are involved, do you expect them not to defend what's theirs?

HexIgon posted: »

She wouldn't have if they didn't fight back.

• I'm not here trying to defend her actions. But you said she killed agents and innocent bystanders and I said she did that because they opened fire on her and wouldn't have if they didn't. And I do not think Riddler's body belongs to the Agency at all to be honest. I do of course expect them to defend it, I've never said otherwise. But they're up to some shady stuff. They're not really the police either. But I'm straying from the debate and I see what you're getting at. I'll just drop it.

• By them I was referring to either love interest the player selects to become involved with -- either Selena or Harley.

Unfortunately, replies on threads here often causes others to leave for reasons, that either could have been avoided or were caused by the p

• edited November 2017

Okay, I understand. I just feel like Harley could have avoided senselessly killing others in certain situations. Which, she did avoid it once by only injuring two of Bane’s men by shooting them in the leg. As for the Riddler’s body, it doesn’t necessarily belong to the Agency, but they were in possession of it, due to an ongoing investigation. I do, however, suspect some underhanded tactics with them. It’s also worth mentioning that I wasn’t trying to regard the Agency as police officers. That was just a hypothetical situation. That, if it were to occur, you would expect them to retaliate. I actually agree with you, though.

HexIgon posted: »

I'm not here trying to defend her actions. But you said she killed agents and innocent bystanders and I said she did that because they opene

• edited November 2017

In that case, it would really all depend. Selina is much more trustworthy to me than the GCPD right now, and especially the Agency. Regardless, Bruce has enough money to bail her out of jail, if that’s a possibility for her. Gordon, though, wouldn’t even listen to reason when Batman tried to convince him about Catwoman and Bruce. Which, he was telling the truth about Bruce’s involvement with Harley and John. Now, I can understand why Gordon would have his reasons to doubt, but you need to trust those who have proven to be worthy of that. Harley, on the other hand, I would probably turn her over to the GCPD, unless she had a significant change of behavior. I believe in second chances, but you have to want it.

By them I was referring to either love interest the player selects to become involved with -- either Selena or Harley.

• Yeah I believe in second chances too but only when the person in question deserves it like take John and Selina for example. Their crimes are much more tame than that of the other members of the pact and so far to my knowledge they haven't killed anyone.Harley,Freeze,Bane,even if they somehow were to change they've simply killed and hurt to many people for me to forgive them there must be retribution for their crimes.

In that case, it would really all depend. Selina is much more trustworthy to me than the GCPD right now, and especially the Agency. Regardle

• edited November 2017

Exactly! I believe in giving many chances, but you have to show signs of change, at least. That's all I'm asking for from Harley and others. Selina has shown remorse for her actions, saying that Bruce even makes her want to be better. Which, is probably going to take her some time, especially if she's used to doing things a certain way. However, as it stands with Harley, she hasn't even expressed an interest in changing, or that she thinks that what she's doing is wrong.

Yeah I believe in second chances too but only when the person in question deserves it like take John and Selina for example. Their crimes

• Just like John said, she thrives on chaos. I'd actually kind of hate it if they did try and make her change, like suddenly she wants to be a better person. I love her as a villain she's written really well. However I think it adds to the dramatic effect for those who're having their Bruce with an attachment to Harley and wanting to change her but failing. I'm all about the drama, its fun if its written well.
    I personally haven't seen the connection, even with the flirting. I really don't get the impression Bruce sees anything more to her than a means to an end, not like with John who he can see as troubled and in need of guidance. But I may be wrong. I also don't see Harley caring much for Bruce, she just wants to have her boy-toys.
    I think she even gets frustrated by the fact that she can't manipulate Bruce like she can with John. I tried sabotaging John and Harley's relationship by telling John he needs to be genuine but to take the reigns and never expose the deeper feelings. I don't see Harley liking John trying to be alpha. Also my Bruce is like 'If they become more unified, that could be bad for me.' So, like Harley, he's trying to drive a wedge between them.

Exactly! I believe in giving many chances, but you have to show signs of change, at least. That's all I'm asking for from Harley and others.

• edited November 2017

I honestly don't even know anymore. Anything can happen at this point. Interestingly enough, if Bruce advises John to be himself, his nicest self for that matter, Harley seems to almost be touched by his heartfelt words. Now mind you, she does reject John and warns Bruce about it, but it does seem to mean something to her. I personally don't see a connection between Bruce and Harley either, at least not a genuine one. In my opinion, Harley just wants to use Bruce, like John, for her own personal reasons. Which, is another reason why I wouldn't want to pursue any romantic relationship with her. And, she definitely does get frustrated by the fact that she can't manipulate Bruce like she has with John. Well, she can't manipulate my Bruce that is. That's probably because Bruce doesn't really have feelings for her.

GamerLady posted: »

Just like John said, she thrives on chaos. I'd actually kind of hate it if they did try and make her change, like suddenly she wants to be a

• I absolutely love BatCat so I'm pro Selina 100%.

• That's how I play my Bruce. But he acts as if she is manipulating him. She's overly confident and he's taking advantage of that. He's gonna devastate her if it later shows that she did have some kind of deeper attachment to him lol. He's also gonna devastate John, which will be hard cause John is great and hilarious and I'm totally attached to his character.

I honestly don't even know anymore. Anything can happen at this point. Interestingly enough, if Bruce advises John to be himself, his nicest

• If Harley wants a relationship with Bruce, she will be sorely disappointed with me, too. :D

That's how I play my Bruce. But he acts as if she is manipulating him. She's overly confident and he's taking advantage of that. He's gonna

• My Bruce romanced Selina in season 1 and has since tried to make it more serious this season. However before she showed back up he had also been really flirty with Harley, more so for cover and not any actual feelings. That being said, I let Selina take the fall for the laptop and I'm expecting her to possibly leave because of it. If that happens my Bruce may not be able to resist if Harley's flirtations kick it up a notch and she might end up being one crazy rebound!

• lol. That's the most realistic take on the Harley+Bruce relationship I think I've seen thus far. (For this game anyways.)

Hunterr posted: »

My Bruce romanced Selina in season 1 and has since tried to make it more serious this season. However before she showed back up he had also

• Canonically and realistically, Selina.

She doesn’t kill and she has her head on right.

• Selina will probably leave if you didn't sell her out anyway, cause Bruce dying scared her too much. The only way Selina and Bruce can be together is if they both quite as vigilantes aka Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Rises ending. As for Harley she definitely wants someone she can trust mutually rather than a toy like John.

Hunterr posted: »

My Bruce romanced Selina in season 1 and has since tried to make it more serious this season. However before she showed back up he had also

• That's honestly what I was thinking.

Canonically and realistically, Selina. She doesn’t kill and she has her head on right.

• edited November 2017

In almost every other alternate universe and continuity, Selina is depicted as having an interest in Bruce romantically. While we can't base things off of other iterations of Batman (since this is the Telltale series), to determine how this will ultimately end, we should take into consideration all of the alternate universes and continuities.

Their history on the Earth-Two continuity developed to the point where Catwoman reformed and Batman admitted his love for her, formally marrying shortly after and having a daughter, Helena Wayne, who later became the Huntress.

In Batman: The Brave And The Bold, the two regularly flirt, which others notice. Alfred even goes so far as writing a story about them where they marry, similar to stories from the Silver Age of comics.

In Batman: Arkham City, although, their love is not explored, Catwoman constantly flirts with Batman whenever they meet. Catwoman even gives up her sure escape from Arkham City to go back and help the injured Batman.

Basically, what I mean to say with this, is that she hasn't always been known to leave. Not only that, but they were also together to the point of being married without quitting being vigilantes. I don't believe that the ending of The Dark Knight Rises is the "only" way for them to be together. It's just one of the ways. However, I do believe that Selina is scared of Bruce dying, which is probably why she will do everything in her power to stop it, as she did in Batman: Arkham City.

Selina will probably leave if you didn't sell her out anyway, cause Bruce dying scared her too much. The only way Selina and Bruce can be to

• edited November 2017

Well in a series like Batman The Enemy Within with a lot of drama as seen at the end of last episode I don't think it will last too long. It would be really interesting and I would be surprised if Selina can stay with "Team Bat" at the end of this season. Alfred keeps going on about needing more help so maybe?

In almost every other alternate universe and continuity, Selina is depicted as having an interest in Bruce romantically. While we can't base

• I'd think it'd be cool if she doesn't leave, depending on the choice. I even think it'd be cool if you could manage to salvage the relationship if you betrayed her and pick the right responses. But I don't know about that. Losing an arm is pretty traumatic, I can't imagine she'd be so ready to forgive and forget. Like I could see that she wouldn't hold it against him but I don't really see her being able to be in any kind of steady relationship with him. But you never know, she's been a really cool and surprising character this season.

In almost every other alternate universe and continuity, Selina is depicted as having an interest in Bruce romantically. While we can't base

• Anything is possible! Alfred does seem to need help, which Selina could provide him. With the help of Bruce of course.

Well in a series like Batman The Enemy Within with a lot of drama as seen at the end of last episode I don't think it will last too long. It

• I agree with you completely. Selina has changed for the better this season. You could even see the change start to happen last season. Fortunately, I will have taken the fall and be left in one of Mr. Freeze's cryochambers to die, but even if you let John throw Catwoman under the bus, being in mortal danger, she will most likely live and not even lose her arm. Don't ask me how, though. However, if in The Walking Dead: Season One, Kenny can survive after being surrounded by walkers, anything is possible in series that are created by Telltale. Understandably, Selina will probably feel betrayed, and much more so, if you have her feeling on edge after narrowly surviving an assault by the GCPD and feeling disappointed that you didn't choose to involve her in cracking the Riddler's laptop.

I'd think it'd be cool if she doesn't leave, depending on the choice. I even think it'd be cool if you could manage to salvage the relations

• i dont know why people are picking harley over catwoman, i mean catwoman is a criminal yes but atleast shes in her right mind, harley's insane. And plus if you choose her, your relationship with john doe/ the Joker will change

• I can't quite reconcile season one and two Selina. S1 Selina referred to relationships as their own sort of cage and mocks Bruce if he tells her that he loves her - saying that she feels sorry for Bruce if that is what he thinks love is... to this new S2 Selina who seems to admit to having feelings for Bruce and is now open to being in a relationship with him.

That is a very dramatic, off-screen, change that I am not sure I trust. So in my play through I assumed that she is emotionally manipulating Bruce. In the spirit of keeping your friends close and enemies closer, I risked bringing her down to the batcave and letting her think Bruce wanted a relationship with her to be able to use her as needed.

• Maybe for the added drama? Unfortunately I'm not sure that it matters. I don't think telltale is going to compromise their story just so Harley fans can have a go with her. I could be wrong. The fact is she's more interested in John. She trusts John way more than she would ever trust Bruce. If anything Bruce might be considered eye-candy, but there's nothing particularly outstanding about their relationship.
    Harley hasn't actually done anything significant enough to capture Bruce's attention. Other than give him reasons to arrest her.
    But I think people like her as a character. If you could imagine that she didn't kill people, then in that circumstance she's awesome. But even then Bruce and her haven't had the chemistry necessary to be anything more than a one-night stand. Maybe if they had done more with them in episode 3, but they didn't. In episode 3 it really just pulls focus on Harley and John's relationship and Bruce as a third wheel.

i dont know why people are picking harley over catwoman, i mean catwoman is a criminal yes but atleast shes in her right mind, harley's insane. And plus if you choose her, your relationship with john doe/ the Joker will change

• What I find interesting is that some of the same people who hate Cats for manipulating Harvey (and think that that manipulation was what pushed him over the edge so that he became Twoface) and how she treated Bruce are fans of Harley. In episode three she pretty much says that she thinks of John as a toy, and that only she gets to hurt him. What a funny double standard.

• I mean, look at that face. Need I say more?

• Well In the latest comics Bruce just asked Selina to marry him so yea winner by default, tho we still have not gotten her answer cause the big crossover event took over and were waiting to get back to it after its done.

• edited November 2017

Glad someone said it.

ShampaFK posted: »

What I find interesting is that some of the same people who hate Cats for manipulating Harvey (and think that that manipulation was what pus

• It's also funny because Harvey lets loose on the crazy because he caught his best-friend with his girlfriend and their mad at her for that, yet their okay with Bruce and Harley doing it to John. So it's like a quadruplet standard.

What I find interesting is that some of the same people who hate Cats for manipulating Harvey (and think that that manipulation was what pus

• Right?!? Plus, that's a good point.

It's also funny because Harvey lets loose on the crazy because he caught his best-friend with his girlfriend and their mad at her for that, yet their okay with Bruce and Harley doing it to John. So it's like a quadruplet standard.

• She looks like a clown.

AlexxChief posted: »

I mean, look at that face. Need I say more?

• She already said yes.
    Sorry for spoilers:
    https://imgur.com/1w74MUI

jdgjordan posted: »

Well In the latest comics Bruce just asked Selina to marry him so yea winner by default, tho we still have not gotten her answer cause the big crossover event took over and were waiting to get back to it after its done.

• edited November 2017

There you have it. Make it happen, Telltale. Please?

barfly posted: »

She already said yes. Sorry for spoilers: https://imgur.com/1w74MUI

• Never would've noticed.

She looks like a clown.

• edited November 2017

People realize that the makeup comes off right? What's next? People complaining that she has dyed hair? Oh Harley, she's so crazy!

AgentZ46 posted: »

Never would've noticed.

• Her gloves only cover HALF of her hands!

AnimalBoy posted: »

People realize that the makeup comes off right? What's next? People complaining that she has dyed hair? Oh Harley, she's so crazy!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.