New Final Season Key Art

Comments

• Tell that to Spongebob, Terminator, Star Wars etc.

There's always a story to tell if the person is alive to tell it.

:confused: .

AronDracula posted: »

Tell that to Spongebob, Terminator, Star Wars etc.

• edited March 2018

The keyart 100% suggests there will be a timeskip... Clementine is visibly older and with a different haircut and AJ is walking and no longer a young toddler like last time we saw him.

• You shouldn't really take artwork as 100% representation of the game. Remember Kate? She looked a bit different in the first artwork than in the final game. Also I remember from episode 5, when David was talking about AJ, that they had a difficult winter and he had to give AJ away so he could have a chance to survive. It suggest that at least a few months, if not almost a year, has passed since Clementine lost AJ when the events of ANF were taking place. Especially that the event in which AJ was taken from her and the events of ANF were supposedly seperated by only one winter.

The keyart 100% suggests there will be a timeskip... Clementine is visibly older and with a different haircut and AJ is walking and no longer a young toddler like last time we saw him.

• okay as much as i love to make fun of and subsequently shit on the walking dead and the state the telltale series is in, this is genuinely good key art. like unironically fantastic.

• To be fair, Star Wars had a follow up trilogy of novels taking place directly after, and dealing with the aftermath of, Return of the Jedi. It was very well done and pretty much began the popular EU. Lucas went on to Lucas the PT after everyone stopped telling him no and Disney just threw it into its release schedule, but there's an expansive story that continued after the original movies ended, and had a lot of high points. Or was. Thanks, Disney.

I don't know wtf happened to Terminator, though. That was just, so many levels of no.

AronDracula posted: »

Tell that to Spongebob, Terminator, Star Wars etc.

• She looks the same if not better in that keyart than she did in ANF.

max_pain943 posted: »

Oh my f*****g... please tell me that this is not final version of her look and you will change it to look more like ANF Clem look upon release, that Clem is the ugliest, boy looking piece of sh**t i ever seen! Compared to this beauty:

• Thanks for the avatar :tongue:

DabigRG posted: »

. . .

• edited March 2018

enter image description here .

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Thanks for the avatar

• You're probably right actually. AJ just looks so much bigger because Clementine is in the picture. In reality Clementine could just be like 5'3" and AJ is still shorter.

eRock92 posted: »

I still think it is not that big of a skip; similar to the 16 month time skip in S2. We truly don't know how long Clem went without AJ in A

• edited April 2018

I dunno... I have mixed feelings.That hair looks pretty grabbable to me. Look at that big poofy bun. I don't think Lee would approve.
    Still, better than that "trendy hipster" cut. But would some more realism hurt?

• Why are we all so bloody rude?

• I suppose I'm the only one that disliked the hell out of this... I originally thought it was just fan art.

• What the hell is that blue thing in the background?

Sweet_Bundy posted: »

I suppose I'm the only one that disliked the hell out of this... I originally thought it was just fan art.

• Because most of us feel like battered housewives after ANF.

Why are we all so bloody rude?

• I know a lot of people did not like the art but my hype ...

• edited April 2018

This rumour actually is the most exciting thing I have heard about this game, that would be a sublime way to make choice have more weight in the world, and a smart callback that wouldn't cause quite as much suspension of disbelief as the reappearance of other characters. Plus the potential of seeing the character development of (what would have to be) a reformed cannibal is an interesting post apocalyptic prospect, and how others would react, such as people Andy might be surviving with, when it's him and a teenagers word against one another (if that would occur).

In regards to people complaining about the cynicism, it's hard for me to drop the negativity considering we are supposed to accept New Frontier as canon, and I can't stop thinking of all the wasted potential with Kenny, Edith, Ava, the 400 day's cast, the Michonne series, Prescott, the family at Howe's, Nick, Pete, Sarita, Sarah, I could go on.

Having another massive time jump also leaves me a bit nervous, because I can't help but feel years of storytelling potential were wasted (starting with the massive time jump at Omid and Christa), and then with their insistence on introducing absurd action tropes and cartoonish villains into it. With little girls on motorcycles, absurd kung fu characters, out of place comic cameos, a propensity to shoot guns to look badass and waste ammo with no consideration of sound, generally a lot of gravitas feels lost from when in the very first episode there was a puzzle to stealthily and carefully take out three walkers, learning about their behaviours and attempting to avoid too much risk.

Stylized movement and combat has its place, but I don't think it should be here. A realistic down to earth struggle during Starved to Death with people desperately clawing at each other and moving like real people (without being absurdly sluggish and comical like Heavy Rain), is something I would appreciate a lot more than where New Frontier headed.

The first episode of season 2 seemed to put effort into showing how a little girl would have to cope in these life or death situations, and didn't do anything so extreme to remove suspension of disbelief, the next episodes got more outlandish and ruined the potential of having a child protagonist by making her interact with the world in an identical way to any adult.
    Through her dialogue, "puzzles" and action sequences, they didn't use the potential having a child protagonist would bring (I am especially disappointed in regards to dialogue, they could have really used the opportunity to shake up the kind of choices you get to make and how your interactions with other people work).

So yeah, this decline makes it easy to worry, I'm still expected to consider those dream sequences canon, which makes it very hard to take this seriously.

I wish the dead weren't so easily forgotten about, I feel characters have been glossed over dramatically, Christa and Omid spend a very long time raising Clementine, but she only focus's on Lee, the final moments with Ben had a big impact on Kenny, but just mocks him and goes onto an absurd "he's going crazy" plotline (which New Frontier showed to be false). AJ's parents were barely discussed, which is a little crazy to me.

This is all without talking about my personal gripes with challenge, cinematography, the technical specifications behind the games, visual fidelity, gameplay depth and complexity, and the downgrade in artstyle and presentation of characters.

I'm still jaded, I suppose you could say. I'm going to watch and wish for the best, but I still worry this announcement has arrived too soon.

Voice actor of Andy St John, he could possibly be returning in The Final Season. Click image to see his comment.

• Nice April fools joke! B)

She looks the same if not better in that keyart than she did in ANF.

• The poster looks great but doesnt it spoil the fact she'll find AJ?

• Oh, you mean the reason she's off to have a Final Season in the first place and the only thing resembling a personal motivation during her handful of truly character driven scenes in ANF?

Yeah, maybe a little.

InTooDeep posted: »

The poster looks great but doesnt it spoil the fact she'll find AJ?

• GohanFGCGohanFGC Banned
    edited April 2018

Uh...I think she means it actually.

Nice April fools joke!

• Telltale aren't going to retcon anything from A New Frontier. A New Frontier is canon everyone. The concept art shows Clementine with her hairstyle from Season One and Season Two. That is most likely a sign that the haircut will return in The Final Season. And since it takes time for hair to grow we will probably get a timeskip. I am not sure how big or little it will be but there is almost certainly going to be. But I think that in Episode 1 we will be seeing Clementine with the haircut from the end of A New Frontier. I honestly don't see a problem with it. I think it suits her. But it is pretty clear that it won't be staying.

• Telltale aren't going to retcon anything from A New Frontier. A New Frontier is canon everyone.

You'd think that'd be obvious.

Telltale aren't going to retcon anything from A New Frontier. A New Frontier is canon everyone. The concept art shows Clementine with her ha

• I took a look at my comment....... Yeah I am Captain Obvious :sweat_smile:

Telltale aren't going to retcon anything from A New Frontier. A New Frontier is canon everyone. You'd think that'd be obvious.

• That wasn't aimed at you. :smiley:

I took a look at my comment....... Yeah I am Captain Obvious

• Oh..... well... um... my bad? :sweat_smile: I am sorry about that.

That wasn't aimed at you.

• For some, we've been in an alternate universe since "Amid The Ruins". I'm surprised we haven't have a "fake canon" scandal yet.

Telltale aren't going to retcon anything from A New Frontier. A New Frontier is canon everyone. You'd think that'd be obvious.

• The concept art shows Clementine with her hairstyle from Season One and Season Two.

Well...its not exactly the same. Its longer. Yes. But, the original had the hair tied back in two places. This one is only tied back in one. Looks okay though.

We will probably get a timeskip.

Most likely.

Telltale aren't going to retcon anything from A New Frontier. A New Frontier is canon everyone. The concept art shows Clementine with her ha

• Like assholes...many different opinions.

nope she doesn't, she is horrendously ugly compared to ANF, S2 or S1 Clem!

• I see them dropping a balcony on her.

Ah, the value of last minute rewrites.

• I... I don't exactly think that's a major spoiler! :p

But, yeah - I think that is actually good as it may indicate the plot is more expansive than just "head to a ranch to find AJ".

InTooDeep posted: »

The poster looks great but doesnt it spoil the fact she'll find AJ?

• I think that is actually good as it may indicate the plot is more expansive than just "head to a ranch to find AJ"

Exactly. o:)

I... I don't exactly think that's a major spoiler! But, yeah - I think that is actually good as it may indicate the plot is more expansive than just "head to a ranch to find AJ".

• Like I said, I have trouble considering New Frontier canon, so I am wait and see on the quality of this. (Kenny still drives me nuts)

• I am so excited to play as Clementine again it is not even funny.

• This is what fanfiction is for

eRock92 posted: »

For some, we've been in an alternate universe since "Amid The Ruins". I'm surprised we haven't have a "fake canon" scandal yet.

• ...In the countryside?

Which btw, another fuckin countryside

I see them dropping a balcony on her.

• Even though you guys still have two endings with Season 2 alone?

Kay.

Ashran posted: »

Like I said, I have trouble considering New Frontier canon, so I am wait and see on the quality of this. (Kenny still drives me nuts)

• I don't follow, New Frontier completely ruined the endings and destroyed any potential they had. They weren't honest in the marketing before launch and it was a disgrace how they completely botched and skipped over them to push us back into a linear storyline with no choice.

What is your point?

Even though you guys still have two endings with Season 2 alone? Kay.

• My point is that people complaining about Kenny's death in ANF need to stop being so faux-abject about something that does not matter considering they are the epitome of spoiled.

Ashran posted: »

I don't follow, New Frontier completely ruined the endings and destroyed any potential they had. They weren't honest in the marketing before

• I screamed when I saw the art. I know it's a bit OTT but OMG. It brings me season 1 memories and feels. I am hopeful for this final season.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.