All aboard the Violetine ship. Choo Choo. (Romance Discussion)

Comments

• There's a lot of depth to violet's character. I honestly don't see any depth in louis. Yeah he's nice to aj and there are people who think he's funny and like his signing, and he's positive and while that's all good and well I don't see anything more to louis at the moment. And what I do see I have mixed reactions and it's what I believe to be the negative aspects of him that make me prefer violet.

strwar3 posted: »

The only friends violet had after tenn's sisters didn't return were tenn and brody and people know the situation with violet and brody and t

• I saw her more like a lone wolf type of girl. Where she thinks being this way will make her move on,but I think when I see her and Clem have interesting conversations? It is making her start to worry a little and makes her warm up more. Her character comes off like that in a way. Like good job to Telltale for a great character like Violet.

I can't wait to see more.

Scythenger posted: »

There's a lot of depth to violet's character. I honestly don't see any depth in louis. Yeah he's nice to aj and there are people who think h

• I'm making clem get with violet but if I can, Aasim will be the backup.I think Minnie is still alive and so violet would ditch clem to be with minnie again

• Clem x Violet x Minnie " we don't have to live by the old rules we can make new ones"- Carol petelier

MaxTheFax posted: »

I'm making clem get with violet but if I can, Aasim will be the backup.I think Minnie is still alive and so violet would ditch clem to be with minnie again

• edited August 2018

I agree. Telltale has made a great character in violet and I can't wait to see more either.

I saw her more like a lone wolf type of girl. Where she thinks being this way will make her move on,but I think when I see her and Clem have

• Why not Louis/Clementine/Aasim. ;)

CapnJay posted: »

Clem x Violet x Minnie " we don't have to live by the old rules we can make new ones"- Carol petelier

• Go ahead my Clem and yours don't have to be enemies.

Sheol- posted: »

Why not Louis/Clementine/Aasim.

• I definitely agree. Louis is a good guy yet I can't see him as love interest for Clementine; he's way too immature for her actually; their chemistry just doesn't work in my eyes. Even if they were a thing, I doubt it'd last longer anyway.

And honestly, I don't like it when some character has crush on you and makes it obvious immediately; then people just preferring it just because that person is nice towards you even though there's no depth. Love shouldn't be that easy to spot and get.

There's a lot of depth to violet's character. I honestly don't see any depth in louis. Yeah he's nice to aj and there are people who think h

• Louis just goes from 0 to 100 from the start. It's makes no sense. Violet talks to clem but louis immediately goes to wooing which then goes to flirting which leads to louis asking if she's ever had a bf in less than a day of knowing her.

I definitely agree. Louis is a good guy yet I can't see him as love interest for Clementine; he's way too immature for her actually; their c

• Ah yes, my fellow Violetine teammates. A better thread could not exist.

• Yeah, a romance should be worthwhile. In media, everywhere we see nice person who has crush on main characters etc. But honestly, I just got tired of it, majority of people also missing the entire point and only focusing on their being nice and how their feelings should be responded because of that. This is why I always care about the character development first.

At the very second you saw Louis he already started to flirt with Clem,tried to impress her and made many jokes etc (and it became tiresome after some point) He's nice yeah but can't see any development in here or continuity in romance side. People are saying Louis would bring joy in Clementine's life just because he's way too playful, well then, how long will it take? It has limitation afterall.

With Violet everything was somehow natural; her actions in-game and shy behavior towards Clem, like how she was opening up to Clem while she didn't even open up to her long-time friends, like how she was gradually developing some feelings for Clementine... romance should be like this. They slowly need to get to know each other; make heart-to-heart talk and all.

Louis just goes from 0 to 100 from the start. It's makes no sense. Violet talks to clem but louis immediately goes to wooing which then goes to flirting which leads to louis asking if she's ever had a bf in less than a day of knowing her.

• edited August 2018

I agree. He's nice, he sings, he's goofy, he's positive. He'll bring joy in clem's life. Clearly he's the better obvious choice. Yeah as a friend. I don't see any depth in someone like that as a love interest. Especially with the cringe flirting and attempts at being funny. And he's just obnoxious.

Yeah, a romance should be worthwhile. In media, everywhere we see nice person who has crush on main characters etc. But honestly, I just got

• Yup We Are Team Violet!

Dex-Starr posted: »

Ah yes, my fellow Violetine teammates. A better thread could not exist.

• Team Violet <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

"Who wanna see some girls actions?"
    Chloe Price

• Life is Strange 2 apparently will have pricefield cameo

King_Bee posted: »

Team Violet "Who wanna see some girls actions?" Chloe Price

• edited August 2018

I'm like an over protective parent who has trouble shipping Clem with anyone and I don't think the Garcia's are still alive but I think it would be hilarious if Clementine got in a relationship with Violet and ran into Gabe and something along the lines of this happened.

Gabe: “Hi Clem, you’re back! And who is this?”
    Clementine: “This here is Violet... [Clem grabs Violet's hand] My new girlfriend.
    Gabe:

• Lol that would be funny and right into Gabe's face!

Veeeee posted: »

I'm like an over protective parent who has trouble shipping Clem with anyone and I don't think the Garcia's are still alive but I think it w

• Especially with the cringe flirting and attempts at being funny. And he's just obnoxious

That is why I can't get behind Clem and Louis being a thing. Violet and Clem have no cringing moments and Violet takes it slow with trying to know more about Clem.

I agree. He's nice, he sings, he's goofy, he's positive. He'll bring joy in clem's life. Clearly he's the better obvious choice. Yeah as a f

• Did you not spend time with her? They are not the same person.
    Violet would work for Clem and she does try too hard like Louise.

And i like Louise too, but he needs to know there's a time and place too goof off.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

For some reason, I don’t want to see her with Violet. Maybe because they’re basically the same person? Like, if Clem were to be with that gr

• He probably will spend more time once he sees more Violet in EP 2 and will probably like her more.

BullseyeRey posted: »

Did you not spend time with her? They are not the same person. Violet would work for Clem and she does try too hard like Louise. And i like Louise too, but he needs to know there's a time and place too goof off.

• the ship war will begin after the peak has been reached in EP2.

• And may the best ship win. Huzzah!!!

Sir_Tubs posted: »

the ship war will begin after the peak has been reached in EP2.

• No matter what anyone says, their chemistry is really good and they at least have depth. Slow-burn romance is always the best kind of romance in my book.

Of course, haters will always find something to complain about even though any of those characters did nothing wrong.

• i am not a shipper, i will watch the flames

And may the best ship win. Huzzah!!!

• edited August 2018

Violet attempts to flirt with Clem in a way that hopes Clem doesn't kind of notice it or doesn't think Violet has a crush on her, yet Clementine gets deluded into thinking there's "chemistry".(literally just ask yourself, could you concretely elaborate that "chemistry" argument, or are you just pulling these words off for no reason?) For example, Violet comes into Clementine's room, and instead of leaving after she takes the pencils like she said she would, she uses the opportunity to mention the school is "Too bro town", implying that she wants Clementine. Then, what I found even more annoying, after Louis asks whether Clementine has a boyfriend, Violet acts as if she's annoyed by Louis bringing up the subject, but then immediately hops on by asking "nothing..? just friends..?"

And that's what's funny, all of these examples are just Violet indirectly flirting with Clementine and being jealous of Louis, there's no "chemistry", you are just deluded enough to not understand it.

So both Louis and Violet flirt, it's just that Violet plays the "hide and seek" strategy, while Louis tries to be charming such as plays piano for her which I found very cute. And that's not obnoxious flirt, obnoxious flirt would be something like complimenting Clem's physical appearance and such.

And the most important point: Louis actually cares for Clementine by caring for AJ, such as taking care of him when Clem was still tied to her bed, giving him his bowl of soup, immediately helping him get up when Marlon pushes him on the ground(unlike Violet) etc.

Roppirezz posted: »

No matter what anyone says, their chemistry is really good and they at least have depth. Slow-burn romance is always the best kind of romanc

• Violet is a really good girl, finally not an annoying person who blames you for anything that happened. I liked her tough/introvert behavior too, she was pretty sweet in card game too, her reactions got me.

I hope she will gradually open up to Clem more and hopefully we can see more about this character

• RoppirezzRoppirezz Banned
    edited August 2018

@Razer531

Speaking of haters ... I literally re-read your comment like 10 times just to make sure if I was missing anything, but I don't even know why you wrote all of these while the context in my post were clearly different; I didn't even bring up Louis in first place. I guess someone's being kind of insecure, eh?

Anyway, none of the things in above can be considered as "annoying" in my eyes. It wasn't even like Violet was forcing Clem to be with her, she was experiencing her jealousy inside of her emotions. I can't see why she can't do that while she was obviously having something for Clementine.

Also apparently you don't like Violet's romance... But now I need to ask that, why are you even here, why even responding to people's opinions aggressively in a thread where Violet's romance is getting encouraged... if you don't like it?

Razer531 posted: »

Violet attempts to flirt with Clem in a way that hopes Clem doesn't kind of notice it or doesn't think Violet has a crush on her, yet Clemen

• edited August 2018

Well you said Violetine is really good, so I decided to explain why it in my opinion isn't, and why Louis is a better example.
    Edit: ok I admit I was a bit aggressive but I couldn't understand that "chemistry" thing everyone mentioned so many times.

Roppirezz posted: »

@Razer531 Speaking of haters ... I literally re-read your comment like 10 times just to make sure if I was missing anything, but I don't

• It's okay.
    About Violet's not being good, seriously this girl didn't do anything "wrong" in first episode. And the reasons you've listed in above really cannot be count as "unlikeable person's behavior" and not saying this because I liked Violet. I didn't even say Louis is "bad" ... I was just saying, he is rushing things, even though he is nice everything was evolving really fast, that's what I didn't like about it; as final "appeal" scene proved me.

I say their chemistry work well together, because Clementine always seemed to be like serious girl who had been through a lot things; same with Violet (and feels like we'll find out about her more). I just can't see her with Louis because even if they became an item it'll last forever you know... When you compared Louis and Clem, Louis remains more immature,way too much to function. That's just my opinion.

Well you said Violetine is really good, so I decided to explain why it in my opinion isn't, and why Louis is a better example. Edit: ok I admit I was a bit aggressive but I couldn't understand that "chemistry" thing everyone mentioned so many times.

• Violet has complexity. Louis doesn't. Violet doesn't fool around when work needs to be done. Louis does. Louis immediately goes to wooing and flirting. Violet doesn't. She just talks to clem normally. Violet was minding her own business and louis starts with her in an attempt to suck up to clem which further pushes the point that he has no chill and moves too quick with his advances.
    And when he doesn't even let clem answer his have you ever had a bf question before saying he's never had a gf that pushes those two points even further. And louis isn't funny. His attempts at being funny are cringe and his advances are too quick and also cringe.
    The only thing louis has going for him is that he's positive and he's nice to aj and those two things are good but that's not enough to say that louis is good enough to be more than just a friend to clem. Violet is not only nice to aj too but she has shown that she can also be positive and she has even more going for her.

• edited August 2018

I’ve known a guy or two who have went from one sexuality to the other without being born one way or the other

Actually, he's 100% right. it isn't something you just realise overnight, I have experienced myself and everyone I know has experienced the same.

• Violet has complexity. Louis doesn't. Violet doesn't fool around when work needs to be done. Louis does. Louis immediately goes to wooing and flirting. Violet doesn't. She just talks to clem normally.

Violet never ever trys to flirt in anyway. I mean she does a little,but in the way that Louis is doing and Violet just brings more normal and interesting romantic tension when I see her talking to Clem. Like I can see that happening between them more than just taking Louis cringing moments of him flirting around with Clem. I think that just makes it for me hard to watch that.

Violet has complexity. Louis doesn't. Violet doesn't fool around when work needs to be done. Louis does. Louis immediately goes to wooing an

• I really don't get what you're saying..

Melton23 posted: »

I’ve known a guy or two who have went from one sexuality to the other without being born one way or the other

• Well from rating of ep 2 came out? We are getting moderate Sex Impact! Yes!!!! Violetine Ship is sailing into the seas!

• ­­­

Well from rating of ep 2 came out? We are getting moderate Sex Impact! Yes!!!! Violetine Ship is sailing into the seas!

• Lol you don't have to choose a romance if you don't want to.it is option after all

­­­

• No, I want them to be together, I just prefer not to see anything sexual going on. A kiss at most, but not sex.

Lol you don't have to choose a romance if you don't want to.it is option after all

• Well yeah but I don't think their will be nudity cause it didn't say it in the rating and that's good. But I think it fade to Black once I think it becomes too sexual in the scene.

No, I want them to be together, I just prefer not to see anything sexual going on. A kiss at most, but not sex.

• Violet’s “indirect” flirting was actually the reason I liked her. I also think the “chemistry” shippers are referring to between Clem and Violet is during these quiet moments (the room, the fishing scene) where the two of them are able to connect and open to each other very easily.

As for AJ, I think the Telltale writers tried to show that both Violet and Louis would care for AJ so they would be portrayed as good possible romantic interests for Clem. Louis might feel some conflicting emotions towards AJ in episode 2 after what he did and this could cause some tension.

Violet attempts to flirt with Clem in a way that hopes Clem doesn't kind of notice it or doesn't think Violet has a crush on her, yet Clemen

• edited August 2018

I’m saying that sexuality isn’t genetic despite everyone saying it is. Top 10 new age myths right there.

I really don't get what you're saying..

Sign in to comment in this discussion.