The walking dead final season is STILL officially cancelled

Comments

• edited August 2019

• Are you serious?!! They’re canceling TWD... for FUCKING MINECRAFT!!! After all this, TWD S1 is what made Telltale what it is today! I’m fucking furious, FUCK MINECRAFT.

• I'm legit going a bit hysterical with how far down the toilet everything seems to be going. Is TFS cancellation even REALLY official? If it is, is there at least a CHANCE someone can take this game and finish it? This was one of the FEW games I was looking forward to :'(

• Most of TWDS4 must be done if all the achievements are already here...

Honestly nothing good will come out of this either way They either cancel it or they continue with the game but they may have to cut down A LOT, since they're smaller. Its basically a pick your poison thing

• True, I dont know. Im confused by this whole thing

Kroger posted: »

Most of TWDS4 must be done if all the achievements are already here...

• edited September 2018

And here I thought nothing would ever be able to surpass Shenmue 2 when it comes to ending something on a cliffhanger...

"The story goes on"
    D-don't worry guys, maybe we'll get episodes 3 and 4 after a successful Kickstarter... 20 years from now ;___;

• I think they were less... like 10 people if I recall during the interview that they gave regarding TFTB. It's practically a miracle that episode 5 came out as good as it did.

The crew of TFTB were really passionate about the project. It's a shame that they were so mistreated by upper management.

Kroger posted: »

wasn't 25 the number of people working on the last episode of TFTB?

• geez, at least release the episode 2 and finish the story on episode 3. better than nothing at this point.

• edited September 2018

Yeah I feel like we are getting fake news right now. Like so far Pete isn't saying anything about cancelling Final Season Of The Walking Dead.

Update: https://mobile.twitter.com/Futterish/status/1043288475133468672

No statement about Final Season being cancelled.

ralo229 posted: »

https://mobile.twitter.com/Futterish/status/1043285308845043712 I feel like this kinda debunks that.

• 25 people working on a game like this isn't enough. We're not getting episodes 3 and 4

• If this is actually true, Telltale is gonna have a huge refund problem. This is a mistake.

• Guys guys, i think we should stop freaking out and wait for more infos.

• Fake news guys. Pete would have mentioned this first thing when he made those statements earlier. He's a straight forward guy and wouldn't string us along to hear from some random article citing anonymous sources.

• Low quality is better than nothing.

25 people working on a game like this isn't enough. We're not getting episodes 3 and 4

• i wish I could say "25 people can do whatever they want, if they really want to", but we live in a world based on money, so...

• So that guy Matt Kim just pulled some sh*t out of his ass when he said that Episode 3 and 4 are going to be cancelled?
    I hope he is just a liar and a braggart.

ralo229 posted: »

https://mobile.twitter.com/Futterish/status/1043285308845043712 I feel like this kinda debunks that.

• edited September 2018

Let's just wait until there's an actual response from Telltale. I have pretty high doubts of it ending on Episode 2.

• Clementine tried reasoning with the writers as to why they shouldn't kill her off. When they wouldn't budge, she took matters into her own hands...

ABigBadWolf posted: »

clementine cancelled the game so they couldn't kill her

• "Anonymous Sources" yeah I am feeling Fake News is at it again. OMG! We are being fake newsed right now!!!! Don't fuckin listen to the "Anonymous Sources".

Wait for official statement,right now.

Fake news guys. Pete would have mentioned this first thing when he made those statements earlier. He's a straight forward guy and wouldn't string us along to hear from some random article citing anonymous sources.

• Matt Kim is Fake News!!

Gauss99 posted: »

So that guy Matt Kim just pulled some sh*t out of his ass when he said that Episode 3 and 4 are going to be cancelled? I hope he is just a liar and a braggart.

• edited September 2018

Regarding the cancellation. I'd be prudent about it. If the decision was already made, Pete would've probably said so in his statement. He's really straightforward when it comes to these things.

We know that episode 2 is complete, and we can assume that a large part of episode 3 has already been developed. Telltale was around 25 people when they made S1, so it's not an impossible task, even if they do have to juggle with the whole Netflix deal to fullfill their agreements.

• No reason for them to stay anonymous if they were laid off today either.

strwar3 posted: »

"Anonymous Sources" yeah I am feeling Fake News is at it again. OMG! We are being fake newsed right now!!!! Don't fuckin listen to the "Anonymous Sources". Wait for official statement,right now.

• Well fuck him then, title of the topic is wrong. This isnt official at all.

strwar3 posted: »

Matt Kim is Fake News!!

• I hope you're right man

Fake news guys. Pete would have mentioned this first thing when he made those statements earlier. He's a straight forward guy and wouldn't string us along to hear from some random article citing anonymous sources.

• Am sure these Anonymous Sources are spreading nonsense,right now about The Final Season getting cancelled.

No reason for them to stay anonymous if they were laid off today either.

• Lilly was so pissed she canceled the whole game.

• Well, the season pass is still up for sale on steam, ps4, xbox etc.
    So, take that for what it's worth. I don't know how long it would take for those to be removed if the game was cancelled.

• I just don't know what to say really. What a mess! I really doubt this news came out of nowhere, so I think it's screwed up that they couldn't have done something earlier or let people know. Having said that, if they let people know the chances of people not buying TFS are higher than people helping TellTale out. I'd be enraged if I bought TFS, thankfully I haven't. Still, disappointing news. More than just TWD, I was hyped for Batman season 3, and TWAU season 2. Hopefully we're told how the story was supposed to go down within a month or two.

• I don't know anymore ;_;

• thy aren't even working on this game they're working on the legally binding netflix game

25 people working on a game like this isn't enough. We're not getting episodes 3 and 4

• Canon ending lol

MichaelBP posted: »

Clementine tried reasoning with the writers as to why they shouldn't kill her off. When they wouldn't budge, she took matters into her own hands...

• A Telltale Walking Dead sequel is actually good, Lilly is back, The Wolf Among Us finally gets a second season.

Telltale: shuts down

• I...I can't. My heart is broken and dashed into a million pieces!!

It's just like with the X-Men film series for me. Hoping for the best and eventually given a piss poor entry or a closure which is not fulfilling in my eyes.

• "Officially cancelled" but gives unofficial sources. Oof.

• Is nobody gonna mention how Job spoiled TFS by saying Clem was gonna die?

• Yeah, pretty much Fake News,right now.

"Officially cancelled" but gives unofficial sources. Oof.

• I'm just here, hoping for the best but ready for the worst.

• Wow so it is true

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Is nobody gonna mention how Job spoiled TFS by saying Clem was gonna die?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.