The walking dead final season is STILL officially cancelled

Comments

• edited September 2018

Telltale is the master at not addressing anything. I remember when they delayed ANF multiple times so the entire fan base was reacting, they said nothing and pretended like everything was fine.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they never released a statement and just ended up never releasing the game, leaving it in the forever quiet void.

strwar3 posted: »

Yeah I feel like we are getting fake news right now. Like so far Pete isn't saying anything about cancelling Final Season Of The Walking Dea

• Only time will tell, but things are not looking good.

• Oh I wish Job wouldn’t speak. The company has been in this bad shape ever since he was there and he never said shit about it. “This should have never happened.” Shut the fuck up, you knew ever since Bruner. The new CEO took steer of an already sunk ship.

Pride posted: »

I don't know man, some old-time Telltale employees are blaming the current CEO for this, too. Apparently this would never have happened had he not fucked up so badly.

• 100% agreed. I read Job's comments and found them rich given how many times he lied on Bruner and God knows who else's behalf in the company. Bruner is far worse.

Oh I wish Job wouldn’t speak. The company has been in this bad shape ever since he was there and he never said shit about it. “This should

• I think hes just making a joke out of a sad situation.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Is nobody gonna mention how Job spoiled TFS by saying Clem was gonna die?

• Well I normally try to deal with things with a joke, but I might as well be serious until telltale get their fucking act together... What...the actual.... fuck. They couldn’t have at least ended the company, oh idk, once the final season was actually finished? This shows it was never about fans, always about the money.

• They didn't have enough money to finish the game.

Melton23 posted: »

Well I normally try to deal with things with a joke, but I might as well be serious until telltale get their fucking act together... What...

• Bullshit, it’s their own fault for trying to force out a new game every other month that nobody wanted and for not listening to what the majority of fans wanted in their games. Also for allowing let’s plays on YouTube, at least full let’s plays. Guaranteed if they made these changes then they’d be fine. Here’s hoping some skybound employees or.... something comes along to pick this up.

They didn't have enough money to finish the game.

• I'm not trying to justify their actions, I'm just trying to convey the reality of the situation.

Bullshit, it’s their own fault for trying to force out a new game every other month that nobody wanted and for not listening to what the maj

• Literally the best thing to come out this year and they manage to fuck it up over some financial legal bullshit, bravo telltale, bra-vo...

• The best thing to come out since Season 2.

Jayroen posted: »

Literally the best thing to come out this year and they manage to fuck it up over some financial legal bullshit, bravo telltale, bra-vo...

• Fucking retards.

The best thing to come out since Season 2.

• One day you'll grow up and get a job and realize that's not how it works, kid

Oh I wish Job wouldn’t speak. The company has been in this bad shape ever since he was there and he never said shit about it. “This should

• To be fair, this is the fault of the former CEO, who's not even with the company anymore to experience the consequences of his monumental mismanagement. The current CEO was doing an admiral job of righting the ship after the old CEO basically sank it, but they ran out of time and couldn't keep the company afloat. The company's reputation had been so damaged by the old CEO's hardon for quantity over quality that too many people stopped buying their games and they drown in debt. Hell, if the sales numbers I've seen are true, TFS sold only 100,000 copies, and between distribution fees (Steam) and copies being sold at sale prices, TellTale didn't even bring in 2 million dollars for TFS yet it was costing them 2 to 3 times that much to make in staff alone, which is just the code monkeys (no offense, TT staff) and doesn't include voice talent and advertising and any other costs associated with bringing a game to market.

Bullshit, it’s their own fault for trying to force out a new game every other month that nobody wanted and for not listening to what the maj

• I think the loyal staff members should come back to finish it, while making it illegal to post let’s plays to YouTube so then people will HAVE to buy it. That should increase profits by quite a bit, right? ?

To be fair, this is the fault of the former CEO, who's not even with the company anymore to experience the consequences of his monumental mi

• That's ridiculous. You expect them to work 3+ months to finish it, without pay? Don't be absurd.

I think the loyal staff members should come back to finish it, while making it illegal to post let’s plays to YouTube so then people will HAVE to buy it. That should increase profits by quite a bit, right? ?

• I wouldn’t exactly call having the majority of the fanbase who just watches the games for free on YouTube because they see it as a TV series being told they need to buy the game now working without pay.

That's ridiculous. You expect them to work 3+ months to finish it, without pay? Don't be absurd.

• The company has no money to pay people. None. They'd have to work the entire time without pay, and honestly it'd be even longer than the 3 months they were supposed to have left because there's no way ALL of the laid off devs would or could do it. It's just not feasible to ask people to do that. Even if they sold another 50,000 copies at full price today and they were able to keep every cent of it, that's only another million dollars, which may sound like a lot but it's not. At a lowball figure of 60k per year salary, with 1 million dollars they could only afford to pay 50 people for 4 months, and that's not even a quarter of the people they laid off today.

I wouldn’t exactly call having the majority of the fanbase who just watches the games for free on YouTube because they see it as a TV series being told they need to buy the game now working without pay.

• He hasn’t been working at Telltale for a LONG time. I know exactly how it works.

One day you'll grow up and get a job and realize that's not how it works, kid

• The one time I can actually agree with you ?

He hasn’t been working at Telltale for a LONG time. I know exactly how it works.

• You know shit is serious when @Poogers555 is serious

• OMG my brother told me and now I am SO WORRIED!
    I'm going to try to not panic but am I allowed a refund considering they didn't complete the game?

How would I even do that?
    I'm very nervous right now, no point in continuing if it's not going to have an ending.

• The so called "skeleton crew" who used to work on The Walking Dead: The Final Season has been transferred to work on Minecraft. They sure want the 9 year old army more than their fans from the older times like 2012 when one of their freaking best franchises was released - THE WALKING DEAD, NOT MINECRAFT. I can't believe this...I guess this is goodbye? Way to be tactful to their fans. They just blurted out the news like it's not a big deal.

• We didn't want Clem to die and this is what happens...

• its crazy to think an episodic game can suddenly end right in the middle of the story. has that ever happened before?

• Well there’s the konami/kojima debacle where they canceled pt and butchered metal gear solid 5

sarahsenpai posted: »

its crazy to think an episodic game can suddenly end right in the middle of the story. has that ever happened before?

• yah i heard about pt but never got to play it since i don't own a playstation. but that was just a demo. TFS is already on ep2 now it's being axed.

MrGraffio posted: »

Well there’s the konami/kojima debacle where they canceled pt and butchered metal gear solid 5

• Im clem 3 right now

In full bulimic episode

• I really hope that this game is saved somehow.

• MaikelRRRMaikelRRR Banned
    edited September 2018

Guys don't make your hopes up. I know that you will try to stay as positive as you can believing that it's fake news and they will have to do it anyway...

Lads - they don't have to. They will just give you 10$ refund. After everything that happened yesterday I hardly can understand how can you think that this is fake. In fact it's pretty logical that the 25-guys crew will do Minecraft and that's it.

AND TRUST ME PEOPLE, IT'S BETTER IF THEY WILL NOT FINNISH THE GAME RATHER THAN MAKE IT ULTRA SHIT FOR LOW BUDGET.

• Fuck minecraft and fuck Netflix.

MaikelRRR posted: »

Guys don't make your hopes up. I know that you will try to stay as positive as you can believing that it's fake news and they will have to d

• You guys bashing Minecraft do know that they’re literally just turning the first half of Season One into an interactive tv show, right? They’re hardly creating an entire season as some of you appear to think instead of finishing WD. The thing is much more straightforward in theory.

• edited September 2018

Me and TellTale after this news

• edited September 2018

Unacceptable

• Its still inofficiel ! Until pette states otherwise i would say they is some hope even if epsidoe 3 and 4 wont come for another year or until tehy finished mincroft

• It's NOT fucking official, please fix your title.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.