The walking dead final season is STILL officially cancelled

Comments

• edited September 2018

I'm 25 years old and I'm depressed over a video game. I think I need help.

• Maybe they knew this was coming and changed the second episode while they still had time to do so, if it ends on a "next time on" cliffhanger I ain't calling it canon either.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

At this point, as much as I hate to admit it, TFS is not canon in my book. Maybe the ending will change my mind.

• That’s the real tea

bluewalker posted: »

• Just an attempt to lift everybody's morale.

Jayroen posted: »

Maybe they knew this was coming and changed the second episode while they still had time to do so, if it ends on a "next time on" cliffhanger I ain't calling it canon either.

• Nope you're not, I think it's understandable. I also feel the same and everyone here in this community feel the same thing aswell.
    It's normal when we all play TWDG series for so long and most of us have grown attached to a character we played and cared for so many years that the idea we will never know what will ever happen to her is really saddening.

bluewalker posted: »

• Wait for confirmation like me. I will wait and see if it is cancelled or not.

Im stressed out as fuck. Going to drink myself to sleep and hopefully we will get confirmation one way or another tomorrow.

• edited September 2018

Something is strange tho.
    Why announcing a switch port or even a disc version in september, just to have everything abandoned? did something happen VERY recently?

fuck, what if they will try to make a longer episode 2? with some part of episode 3 and 4? for real i think this will be that, or we will wait some long time before episode 3/4, i just can't see it ending like that.

• Yeah, makes sense :(

Gauss99 posted: »

Nope you're not, I think it's understandable. I also feel the same and everyone here in this community feel the same thing aswell. It's nor

• how this fucking important thing happened and still it isn't in telltale's news page:|

• I was wondering about that too. It must have been decided on in a matter of weeks, perhaps even days. They were obviously confident enough to give out a release schedule and everything only just over a month ago.

Kroger posted: »

Something is strange tho. Why announcing a switch port or even a disc version in september, just to have everything abandoned? did somethin

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Is nobody gonna mention how Job spoiled TFS by saying Clem was gonna die?

• None of this makes any sense.

I was wondering about that too. It must have been decided on in a matter of weeks, perhaps even days. They were obviously confident enough to give out a release schedule and everything only just over a month ago.

• Yes, this literally came out of left field. Nobody knew it was going to go down this way today. Not even the social media team, who was out advertising pictures and GIFs of the upcoming TWD mere hours before the announcement.

Something is strange tho. Why announcing a switch port or even a disc version in september, just to have everything abandoned? did somethin

• Telltale said they already finished esp 3 and 4 way abck when esp 1 of season 4 came out so..

• edited September 2018

What? How the fuck? I thought Telltale was pretty popular.

They had everything planned out, too. So many people were anticipating TFS. What the fuck could have possibly happened? Is the current CEO a complete fuck-up or something?

• I was waitin on it... :lol:

Plot twist : the last two episodes aren't gonna be animated, it's gonna be some still images only, like a powerpoint.

• edited September 2018

tfw someone at Telltale fucked up and deleted all the episodes 3/4 ressources.

• I'd honestly not even mind if it has voice over the images lol :expressionless:

DabigRG posted: »

I was waitin on it...

• Lilly was so pissed she canceled the whole game.

Together at last!

In just one day, everything goes to shit. ...it's Arvo again, isn't it?

• edited September 2018

All this can explain the ad about some racing game posted a few days ago... They were trying to save the boat.

• The former was

Pride posted: »

What? How the fuck? I thought Telltale was pretty popular. They had everything planned out, too. So many people were anticipating TFS. What the fuck could have possibly happened? Is the current CEO a complete fuck-up or something?

• Not unless they don't wanna get sued over NDA breaching by Telltal--oh wait...

No reason for them to stay anonymous if they were laid off today either.

• The old CEO was such a fuck up he ruined the company beyond saving. The current CEO was doing a good job attempting to right the ship but too much damage had been done and it sank anyway.

What? How the fuck? I thought Telltale was pretty popular. They had everything planned out, too. So many people were anticipating TFS. What the fuck could have possibly happened? Is the current CEO a complete fuck-up or something?

• That happens if the higher-up just don't tell anyone else until it happens.

• edited September 2018

It's gotta be a very big fuck-up by the CEO that he failed to fix until it was too late, a lot of the employees seemed to have been none the wiser about this. This came outta the left field.

emanresu posted: »

That happens if the higher-up just don't tell anyone else until it happens.

• Me for the rest of the night

• edited September 2018

I don't know man, some old-time Telltale employees are blaming the current CEO for this, too. Apparently this would never have happened had he not fucked up so badly.

The old CEO was such a fuck up he ruined the company beyond saving. The current CEO was doing a good job attempting to right the ship but too much damage had been done and it sank anyway.

• For real, could they be any way to make at least season 4 still happen? crowfunding or some shit? hell we already have the achievement teasing us!

• Lee didn’t die for this.

• They can criticize how he handled the announcement, as yeah that was done very poorly, but the ship was already sinking like the titanic when he took over. The old CEO took on too many projects and spread the teams too thin with too short of deadlines. Their work quality suffered horribly for it and consumers lost faith which cost them money. The worst thing that ever happened to TellTale was winning Game of the Year for TWD season 1. If that hadn't happened they wouldn't have had IPs thrown at them left and right and the CEO wouldn't have spread the teams so thin.

I don't know man, some old-time Telltale employees are blaming the current CEO for this, too. Apparently this would never have happened had he not fucked up so badly.

• Lee didn't die for a lot of things.

Hersani posted: »

Lee didn’t die for this.

• As a popular character said in another video game.
    "We got played like a damn fiddle."

• Source? All the laid-off staff disagree.

Zekkarooo posted: »

Telltale said they already finished esp 3 and 4 way abck when esp 1 of season 4 came out so..

• They probably had the story fleshed out and finished, maybe even voice work, but not the actual development work. If it was all already finished, they could just release it all at once. They work on their episodes right up until the week before release, putting the scenes together and making it all work.

Zekkarooo posted: »

Telltale said they already finished esp 3 and 4 way abck when esp 1 of season 4 came out so..

• Like Lee, Telltale games taught us one thing.
    How to say goodbye.

• this is heartbreaking. goddamn it

• Im not sure if I even want to play episode 2 now. Just knowing after I play it I will always be left with 0 conclusion. This whole thing really sucks. Like shit ANF sucked dick but it had an ending. Knowing this game will never continue after episode 2 is just such a sad spot to leave this series. I actually truly cant decide if I want to just not pick it up, for some reason the idea of playing it and knowing its over without a conclusion would make me feel really sad.

Also isnt there some kind of legal problem here? You bought a game for the price and promise of 4 episodes but only receive 2? I can already see some kind of new legal mess for Telltale now. Its false advertising to charge that amount but then not finish what you promised for that price.

• Hey Poogers if you want to you can come here: https://discord.gg/HqXWHsb many people from here went there in case of these forums shutting down.

Poogers555 posted: »

Im not sure if I even want to play episode 2 now. Just knowing after I play it I will always be left with 0 conclusion. This whole thing rea

Sign in to comment in this discussion.