The Final Season barely feels like a Walking Dead game

Comments

• edited January 2019

Define memorable.
    By the time I edit this post, anyway.

EDIT: Times up
    We know Gabe really looked up to his dad to the point of trying to emulate him(more than naturally, anyway), was a tsundere who acted moody but ultimately loved being with people, liked to play euchre, apparently had a habit of looking up(or in some cases, down) to certain people, may have inherited an inferiority complex, disapproved of Kate's less than role model aspects, and for all his attempts at being serious, is goober who liked the little things.

Ok, name one memorable trait that Gabe had. We know Louis plays the piano, got put into the boarding school after he tried to break up hi

• Something that is solely a Gabe trait. Where you hear or see it and you're like, "Yep. Gabe."

For example, whenever anybody uses the word "shitbird", you automatically think of Kenny.

DabigRG posted: »

Define memorable. By the time I edit this post, anyway. EDIT: Times up We know Gabe really looked up to his dad to the point of trying

• edited January 2019

Here

I don't think I've seen it yet, so if you'd be so kind...?

• Louis talks to much....that's enough evidence for me to believe she cut out his tongue.

iFoRias posted: »

Yeah, that's super lighthearted. That scene was laughably dark imo,Lilly cutting Louis's tongue made absolutely no sense,they just d

• Congratulations on beating me by 3 minutes, apparently. I forgot how quick you are when it comes to replies.

Something that is solely a Gabe trait. Where you hear or see it and you're like, "Yep. Gabe." For example, whenever anybody uses the word "shitbird", you automatically think of Kenny.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Your opinion SUCKS and I HATE you

and I HATE poogers, too

• edited January 2019

It's lighthearted when Marlon bashes Brody in the head with a flashlight because she revealed his terrible secret of handing over the twins to the raiders.
    It's lighthearted when a five-year-old AJ blows Marlon's brains out and then has no comprehension that what he just did was wrong?

Yeah but that's in episode 1,that's what i'm saying the majority of this game is pretty lighthearted and when something dark happens it just doesn't fit with the tone of the game.

I can think of a few other "dark" moments from the other episodes but yeah that's still really lighthearted compared to the previous seasons.

The problem is that this season is so lighthearted that when something dark happens it's just ridiculous. Once again, how is it ligh

• Oh okay, I did see that!

Half kudos to Mr. Mudle for highlighting how it partially works.

patrickrc95 posted: »

Here

• Da hell...? :open_mouth:

Deltino posted: »

Your opinion SUCKS and I HATE you and I HATE poogers, too

• Yeah but that's in episode 1

:joy:

It's lighthearted when Marlon bashes Brody in the head with a flashlight because she revealed his terrible secret of handing over the twins

• LOL

"she even states at the start she should just shoot you and throw you overboard but instead tries to make Clem understand,hurts OTHER people instead of hurting Clem"

That's not how you make someone understand why you're kidnapping kids dude,that's just Lilly being an asshole.

Here

• Oh my freaking god, I'm gonna have to use this twice in one day: FACEPALM.

Do you really want me to go through every single instance in every single episode that was not lighthearted? And why do you want edgy, emo bullshit all the time? Once again, that creates darkness-induced audience apathy. Did you forget all the goofy moments Season One had?

"Daddy calls it a saltlick"
    "Yeah but don't lick it. It's gross!"
    "Did you lick it?"
    ".... I don't know."

So characters can never have any fun, relax, or take the time to look at the stars. Nope, every single frame, someone has to be raped or butchered. Okay, whatever.

It's lighthearted when Marlon bashes Brody in the head with a flashlight because she revealed his terrible secret of handing over the twins

• Savage.

Oh my freaking god, I'm gonna have to use this twice in one day: FACEPALM. Do you really want me to go through every single instance in

• edited January 2019

Yeah i remember the good moments Season 1 and 2 had,i don't know why you're telling me this,to me this season is just too lighthearted compared to the other ones i don't understand why you can't see that i mean it's so fucking obvious jesus this game is targetting a younger audience how can people not see that is beyond me.

I'm not asking for this season to be depressing and violent all the time,but i also want to feel like i'm playing a walking dead game,and this game doesn't give me that feeling,so let's just agree to disagree.

Oh my freaking god, I'm gonna have to use this twice in one day: FACEPALM. Do you really want me to go through every single instance in

• If TFS barely feels like Walking Dead, then what is ANF?

• The TV Show and certain issues of the comic.

AronDracula posted: »

If TFS barely feels like Walking Dead, then what is ANF?

• Have you considered that perhaps you're the one with the problem and not the game? That your mindset is interfering with your ability to enjoy the game? I'm sorry, but I can't acknowledge the opinion of someone who can't explain their opinion themselves.

Yeah i remember the good moments Season 1 and 2 had,i don't know why you're telling me this,to me this season is just too lighthearted compa

• edited January 2019

(Exasperatedly): GEE, where have I heard THAT before. :lol:

Have you considered that perhaps you're the one with the problem and not the game? That your mindset is interfering with your ability to enj

• I didn't say "good" moments, I said lighthearted moments. I don't know why you seem to have selective hearing. Seriously, you just hear what you wanna hear, not what people are actually telling you and it's getting aggravating.

But fine, we don't have to agree.

Yeah i remember the good moments Season 1 and 2 had,i don't know why you're telling me this,to me this season is just too lighthearted compa

• Toxicity in this forum did a number on you didn't it ?

• I seriously hate our fandom

• Understandable.

Erinour posted: »

I seriously hate our fandom

• Thats great for Kent Mundle, but giving excuses for poor writing doesnt make the excuses good. Its the same as when Telltale gave fucking backstories on the forums for pretty much all ANF characters because they couldnt be bothered to write actually characters in game.

"uhhUUHHH Lilly was shaken up bruh lmao anyway on the boat tho shes really chill with cutting kids tongues and fingers off but at the school shit bro... shit was wild amirit guys?"

Theres still no explanation for why shes become some super evil person even willing to do this type of stuff other than "Larry made the fucking ice cream melt man." Also the fact she wants child soldiers but then kills them, tries to kill them like she tries with James, mutilates them, ect. all so she can have Clem? Throwing away all the other kids just to convinced one to join? Its illogical, shes acting like making Clem a member of the Delta is like having some almighty savior fight for them.

This leaves Lilly just being one dimensional, evil cuz she is, with an illogical goal.

Here

• delt why fam

• Its the same as when Telltale gave fucking backstories on the forums for pretty much all ANF characters because they couldnt be bothered to write actually characters in game.

This is, like, the third time I've seen you say this and fuck up the grammar in the process. :lol:

Also the fact she wants child soldiers but then kills them, mutilates them, ect.
    Its illogical,
    shes acting like making Clem a member of the Delta is like having some almighty savior fight for them.

This! Fucking! THIS!

This leaves Lilly just being one dimensional, evil cuz she is, with an illogical goal.

An illogical goal that's almost certainly going nowhere on top of being contradicted.

Poogers555 posted: »

Thats great for Kent Mundle, but giving excuses for poor writing doesnt make the excuses good. Its the same as when Telltale gave fucking ba

• tfw auto correct constantly makes actual into actually

Its the same as when Telltale gave fucking backstories on the forums for pretty much all ANF characters because they couldnt be bothered to

• Telltale was very ominous about whether there would be another season and Skybound didn't rule out the possibility of another season either. In fact, both TWD and Skybound Games Twitters were just asking people what kind of TWD game they'd want to see

I highly doubt it. And even if they were going to make a Walking Dead game, they'd probably base it off of the show/comics, not like the ones Telltale has given us.

You never know. Telltale was very ominous about whether there would be another season and Skybound didn't rule out the possibility of anothe

• For me at least, The Final Season still feels like a Walking Dead game. It also has a strange bi-polar pacing between not spending enough time establishing mood and dragging unnecessarily. What do I mean by that exactly?

The backstories for the kids themselves are important to establish a connection between the players and the stakes, but it's for the most part a hand wave in the story itself. If a somewhat stationary WD game was to be made, I would have LOVED a series of Ericsons from the start of the outbreak where you control a student there. Experience the moment all of the adults abandoned you as a stark contrast to Lee who as a murderer on his way to prison decided to take care of a little girl.
    That being said, I would have also loved in the first exploration of Ericson before Clementine trusted some of these individuals, her coming across some of their files in the offices. Having branching conversations, and a stronger focus on the struggles of survival for a group of children would've also been nice. Do I like and appreciate the game I received? I still do. It's still pretty good with some points I'd have liked ironed out a bit better.

Did they really needed to add romances in this game ? Did they really needed to make James the loner whisperer gay ? What about Aasim having a crush on Ruby out of nowhere in episode 2 ?

And apparently James can laugh at one of Louis's joke if you saved him or something i've seen that on Kent's tumblr it's like they added that scene just so people can make fan-fictions about Louis and James.

Do I feel like the romance focuses are out of place? No. Honestly, not at all. A lot of people during Season 1 were hoping they'd follow through with a Carley romance plot, or ( I know the cringe of what I'm about to mention ) a Lilly romance. I think what some of us are feeling a little strange about is that it's a teen romance. Did TellTale need to make James in a previous relationship? Meh, they wanted to end the discussion of him being a possible romance for Clementine I suppose once and for all - a lot like Luke without the random stroll on top of a frozen lake.

• edited January 2019

I think Louis is smart enough to know when to shut up.

But, I could see him trying to cheer up his friends who would obviously have been very afraid at that point.
    And Lilly needs the kids scared to keep them docile.
    It was probably not so much about talking too much, but about Louis keeping the kids morale up. It harder to brainwash them when they still have hope. They need to be broken first, and Louis stood in the way of that.

Louis talks to much....that's enough evidence for me to believe she cut out his tongue.

• edited January 2019

I feel like you have to be a child or a teen yourself to even remotely be amused by the "romance" in this game. And there actually is a considerable amount of kids and teens that play this game (just solely going off the demographic survey on the subreddit) which is weird considering this is an M-rated series but I digress.

As a grown man, there's just nothing appealing about apocalyptic teen romance. I'm just not the target audience for this silly stuff.

I know people say it's 100 percent optional and you can ignore it, but the characters themselves **still **force their unrequited bullshit onto Clementine no matter what, like right up until the ending of Episode 2.

I also do feel this season was more marketed towards teens. It's weird to be against that, but it IS possible to have a story written around teens and not have this sense of pg-13 pandering seep through the narrative.

• I think this might be the only time I'll ever agree with you.

Episode 1 was SUPER dark. It actually felt like a good continuation of S1's and S2's darkness. It felt like I was playing a proper TWD game. The episode reels you in with the fake optimistic Peter Pan bullshit but takes you out at the end with the good old "humans must suffer" mantra that is typical in TWD and other zombie narratives.

But I don't get that same feeling in EP2 and EP3 for some reason. Apart from Louis' tongue of course.

• ANF was the worst for a reason. It didn't feel like the TWD that I love. Felt like a Disney TV movie special version of TWD.

AronDracula posted: »

If TFS barely feels like Walking Dead, then what is ANF?

• Yeah I'm getting really tired with K Mundle and devs like him giving out excuses for writing and characterization that SHOULD BE IN THE GAME if they're meant to be in the game (because they're clearly not). Why the fuck should people have to ask you questions on tumblr to get deeper insight that has no relevance or evidence in the actual game?

Thats great for Kent Mundle, but giving excuses for poor writing doesnt make the excuses good. Its the same as when Telltale gave fucking ba

• Yeah you're right which proves more to why she would cut out his tongue....but I agree it wasn't necessary.

Onmens posted: »

I think Louis is smart enough to know when to shut up. But, I could see him trying to cheer up his friends who would obviously have been

• I like that actually.

Onmens posted: »

I think Louis is smart enough to know when to shut up. But, I could see him trying to cheer up his friends who would obviously have been

• Yeah, that's ultimately a key aspect of it.
    Episode 2, you can make a case or two for, but Episode 3 is definitely the calamity it is in part because of the pacing.

Poptarts posted: »

For me at least, The Final Season still feels like a Walking Dead game. It also has a strange bi-polar pacing between not spending enough ti

• Theres still no explanation for why shes become some super evil person even willing to do this type of stuff other than "Larry made the fucking ice cream melt man."

Because it doesn't matter at this point into the apocalypse. We know what people went through and experienced during the years. We don't need to be spoon-fed every single detail. This is not a happy fucking reunion.

Also: stories don't really need to explain themselves to you. Not knowing or guessing can often times be much more effective than straight out telling.

Disliking how Lilly is straight up evil? I get it.
    Demanding a detailed explanation on why a thing is like it is? That's how garbage like CinemaSins was born. People don't want to take a minute and think for themselves anymore or be left with ambiguity. They want objectivity and absolute facts above all else.

Or think about it this way: what do you expect to get out of the explanation? That you suddenly understand why she acts that way? Will it make her cutting out Louis' tongue relateable in some way or less amoral? No. It simply wouldn't change anything. And if there was anything worth telling, you can bet that it would've been told already.

• I really shouldn't be defending him, but he's not demanding an explanation--he's saying there isn't any real rationale to the matter.

Also: stories don't really need to explain themselves to you. Not knowing or guessing can often times be much more effective than straight out telling.

If that was true, then Season 2 and ANF wouldn't have been such disappointments for people.
    I'm personally not saying it can't work, but it's proven unlikely to be adequate for many.

GSSalvador posted: »

Theres still no explanation for why shes become some super evil person even willing to do this type of stuff other than "Larry made the fuck

• Theres literally nothing to think for yourself though. They give you nothing to try and figure out what happened to Lilly which is the main problem. No one wants Lilly to go all Four Scores and Seven years ago and explains all her shit, but you are given nothing to work with to try and figure out on your own.

There would be a difference if things Lilly said could be implying things she gone through for the player to think and theorize on what happened to her since we last saw her, but theres nothing like that. You're essentially saying its ok Lilly is bad with no reason because we can just make it up for ourselves because the writers were too lazy to, and were to lazy to even drop in subtle hints of whats shes been up to for the player to then theorize on.

Lilly shows up after 7 years, does super evil shit, no explanation for what has made her this way since we last saw her. Nothing she says implies anything for the player to try and figure out. Nothing. You're apparently fine with a returning character coming out of the blue, acting comedic evil, and think its all ok because the player can just "make up" what happened to her without any merit because Lilly says nothing that would support whatever fan fiction you wrote for her.

GSSalvador posted: »

Theres still no explanation for why shes become some super evil person even willing to do this type of stuff other than "Larry made the fuck

• They are constantly explaining how bad things are "out there". Abel talks all about it when he's being tortured. I mean, doesn't that explain why Lilly is doing what she's doing? At some point she aligned with the Delta, it's a good community with good people, they have food, walls, blah blah. Then they start getting attacked. Things are bad, they have to fight, they need people to fight for them. She's justifying taking kids to fight, she doesn't see herself as pure evil, she's recruiting, giving these kids a better life in exchange for their help fighting. I mean, even in season one she was all about doing the hard thing for the right reason. She rationed food and everyone hated her, but it had to be done. They needed soldiers, so she 'recruits' kids. She hasn't gone full evil in my opinion, she's justifying the means for the end.

Theres literally nothing to think for yourself though. They give you nothing to try and figure out what happened to Lilly which is the main

Sign in to comment in this discussion.