The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Seeing all these awesome Monster Sams sort of put me off doing one, I had the idea first time I heard Max say it but now I'm not sure anymore ^^;

I also had a weird idea of a fan comic based on past Max's side of the story but I've never really done much in the way of a full length fan comic... heck I've never done a full length comic!
  • edited September 2010
    SillyStell wrote: »
    Seeing all these awesome Monster Sams sort of put me off doing one, I had the idea first time I heard Max say it but now I'm not sure anymore ^^;

Yeah, me too. Not only because they're better than whatever I had in mind, but because the only thing I seem to come up with is like a combination of the drawings here -___-
  • SalSal
    edited September 2010

I also had a weird idea of a fan comic based on past Max's side of the story but I've never really done much in the way of a full length fan comic... heck I've never done a full length comic!

You know what. You should do it. Go for the full length comic! And it will be great, I'm sure. If you believe, you can do anything. :)
  • edited September 2010
    It's nice to see each individual take on Electromagnetic Monster Sam. C'mon, enrich our enjoyment of this thread! ;)

I think the ones posted so far are brilliant, btw.
  • edited September 2010

You should do it, but give Sam a slimmer build, after all it would only be fair since he's about to get blown up in the end.
  • edited September 2010
    My masterpiece of electromagnetic Sam.
  • edited September 2010

I'd definitely like to see your attempt at electromagnetic Sam!

Also, I had an idea when I watched the ending for like the 10th time. We have only Max's word on Sam turning electromagnetic - but we know his short term memory isn't too awesome, and he gets confused easily. What if past Sam acquires some completely different powers?
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

SunnyGuy and SillyStell, I agree with the others. I'd love to see your takes on Electro-Magnetic Sam!
  • edited September 2010
    Well, for that I'd first need to draw one that looks ok by my standards, which I'm having a surprisingly hard time to do ~__~
  • edited September 2010
    A quick doodle in which I got lazy halfway through drawing Max:

2a7fn2x.png

I fully believe that Other!Sam had a suppressed part of his personality too (hence his cramming into the corner there), but I won't go into the philosophical details because the last time that happened I ended up writing an essay.
  • edited September 2010
    Sam's suppressed side is probably his id, in a mirror to Max's super-ego. Guuh, you've given me a mindworm thinking of how it'd work out.
  • edited September 2010
    Here's my first attempt at drawing Max, I decided to do a literal take on the proper title for season 1 (Save the world) and did max in a Super Hero costume :)

SuperMax.jpg?t=1283774427
  • edited September 2010
    Heh, that's kinda cute :)

profile_practice_with_noir_sam_by_thesunnyguy-d2y3yvb.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Profile-practice-with-noir-Sam-178224455
    This pic was done half because I wanted to practice drawing profile shots and half because I wanted to draw noir Sam. I know I suck at drawing guns so don't bother commenting on that...or that his right arm is bigger than his left...or that Max looks weird (his tongue is supposed to be hanging out from his mouth) >.>

It's not a pic I'm proud of but whatever >.>
    Cheri wrote: »
    Sam's suppressed side is probably his id, in a mirror to Max's super-ego. Guuh, you've given me a mindworm thinking of how it'd work out.

While it'd be interesting I doubt that's the case.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, to match my Super Max drawing, I drew Sam in a similar style, I think I did terrible :(

SuperSam.png?t=1283785899
  • edited September 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    While it'd be interesting I doubt that's the case.

Surely if he suppressed his id, he wouldn't give in to fudgie freezes, his beef with criminals and cracks about his weight.
  • edited September 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Surely if he suppressed his id, he wouldn't give in to fudgie freezes, his beef with criminals and cracks about his weight.

Or assaulting people after Max's brain was stolen. His id seemed to be having a field day during "The Devil's Playhouse," and in general. Maybe his ego was repressed...somehow.
  • edited September 2010
    But it's the ego that caters to the id or super-ego, the ego is our own actions, how could it be supressed?
  • edited September 2010
    Remember Id, Ego and Super-Ego are Latin Terms. In Spanish those are known as Ello, Yo and Super-Yo (Its, Me and Super-Me).
  • edited September 2010
    Ego and Super-Ego are perfect valid Spanish words too (I mean, of course they are Latin terms, but they are accepted in Spanish)
  • edited September 2010
    Ego and Super-Ego are perfect valid Spanish words too (I mean, of course they are Latin terms, but they are accepted in Spanish)

I was just trying to point out the Latin Ego is different to the English Ego. Which probably from where comes the confusion. But thanks anyway...
  • edited September 2010
    But it's the ego that caters to the id or super-ego, the ego is our own actions, how could it be supressed?

Hence the "somehow." I'm not quite sure what Sam would repress in this case. Both his superego and his id get a pretty good workout throughout the series.
  • edited September 2010
    Well I've actually started writting out my Fan Comic (gotta write it out before drawing it seeing as it's a long comic) and I drew some concepts but I don't know if it'll ever get finished so I most likely wont be posting anything else about it for awhiles.
  • edited September 2010
    Alright, here goes my monster Sam idea.
    monster_sam_concept__by_thesunnyguy-d2y69if.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Monster-Sam-concept-178331559
    Here's my concept for Sam's "what-if" electromagnetic powered monster form. Saying anything more would be HUGE spoilers for the last season 3 episode.

Anyways:
    -Because of the electricity his fur is always pointy.
    -On his chest there's supposed to be fur in a form resembling his usual tie. Why? No reason other than I thought he should have that.
    -The "horns" act as lightning rods and can also shoot electricity.
    -Even if just for this pic the underwear he usually wears can stretch a lot.
    -Like Maxthlulu, he releases spores in the shape of his usual head; his are covered by electricity and eat energy instead of nightmares.
    -There's one horn on his nose, three on his head, one on each shoulder, one on each elbow, one on each knee, one on his chest, and six on his back.
    -Anything else? Hmm...nope don't think so.

I'll probably draw him in one piece whenever I have more time to spare on it.
  • edited September 2010
    NOT ANOTHER ONE AAAAAAAAA
    HUMANSALDAMMIT.jpg

credit to cheri for the brotally awesome design of our bro Sal. because he is the broiest bro ever to bro up on the broscene. twice.
  • edited September 2010
    Maxes.jpg?t=1283875144
    Here, I drew 5 Maxes, 4 in the other character's costumes, and Sammun-Mak as Max. My personal favourite of these is the Sam one.

I'm not sure if these count as fan art, but here are 5 Sam & Max LBP costumes I made!

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e178/supersam64/?action=view&current=SackAndMax.png
  • edited September 2010
    Hahaha, trying my hand at this :D

max.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    ..Max's flaming head syndrome takes a turn for the worse.

flaming_by_tulidragon-d2y9bob.jpg

fff I haven't visited this thread in a while, feels good to be back. :D
  • edited September 2010
    @Hatley: Nice sackboys, I like the Narrator one.
    @crfh: Heheh, it came out nice.
    @Trica: Already commented on DA ;)

Anyways
    time_for_a_stealth_mission__by_thesunnyguy-d2yabcr.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Time-for-a-stealth-mission-178520571
    Quick drawing I did some days ago. At first it was only Sam, but then I added a really quick background, and although it is extremely simple, I think it makes the pic better. It does show that I really suck at drawing guns though.

Had I mentioned that I like Sam more without his suit before? No? Well I did now.

Also, come on guys, comments about my version of Samaggedon would be appreciated D:
  • edited September 2010
    Trica wrote: »
    ..max's flaming head syndrome takes a turn for the worse.

flaming_by_tulidragon-d2y9bob.jpg

fff i haven't visited this thread in a while, feels good to be back. :d

woooooooow! :o
  • edited September 2010
    Trica, that's pretty awesome :D

Great Sam, Sunny Guy. I'd love to see the return of Noir Sam. It was a highlight of the whole season!
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks, it's nice actually getting comments from time to time :)

Just made this
    run_chibi_sam__run__by_thesunnyguy-d2yc1ub.png
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Run-chibi-Sam-run-178601555
    Why is Sam on the run? I dunno, maybe he just stopped caring about the stealth part of his stealth mission (see the pic before this one)and started shooting everything in sight, and now he's getting chased by whatever villian he was following.

This was quite a quick drawing, so I didn't really pay much attention to, well, any detail XD

Edit: Huh? Can't use ! on the title? Weird...and I just noticed I missed erasing a white line, oh well.
  • edited September 2010
    WIP sketch of Max. I have no idea what he's kicking, but drawing it would make the picture too large to think about.

maxao.png

(For those that don't know: WIP - Work In Progress.)
  • edited September 2010
    I did some shots in 3d, as i don't know if they are to be considered real fan-art i posted them on another thread, if you wanna see them here is the link

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19394

hope you enjoy xD
  • edited September 2010
    Is it taboo to request pictures from these amazingly talented artists? Cuz I'd love a picture of Noir Max. Long story.
  • edited September 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    Is it taboo to request pictures from these amazingly talented artists? Cuz I'd love a picture of Noir Max. Long story.

Oh? Interesting. I'd like to give it a shot.
  • edited September 2010

Speaking of which, I commissioned an artist to do some fun Sam and Max art, and I think it turned out pretty well. Interesting thing is, it looks a bit like Joel's gone mad with marketing director power and decided to take over Telltale, but since he inspired Papierwaite, it's all good. Please direct all your lovins to the comment box on the deviantArt page.
  • edited September 2010
    Trica wrote: »
    ..Max's flaming head syndrome takes a turn for the worse.
    Wow. Awesome!

TTG; get this into Season 4 plz! :D
  • edited September 2010
    snm_freelance_floating_heads__by_thesunnyguy-d2yfdpj.png
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/SnM-Freelance-Floating-Heads-178756903
    Ok, they're not really freelance floating heads, I just didn't feel like drawing the bodies >.>

I have some complains about Sam's head, but otherwise I really like how this one came out.

Hmm, interesting idea.
  • edited September 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »

max:SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sam:GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGIIIIIIVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE MMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAA FFFFFFFUUUUUUGGGGIIIEEEEEEEEEE FFFFFFRRRRRRRREEEEEZZZZZEEEEEEE
  • edited September 2010
    11vtu1u.jpg

A piece to show my anticipation to the subplot villainess of the 2 seasons. I hope producers will try to do the justice by portraying her and her previous actions better in the future, although she's... kinda... dead by now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.