Tales of Monkey Island Season 2 Speculation and Suggestion Thread

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Glad to see this project in action again! :D
    We already got a good stack of letters, but I hope there's more to come.
    And I hope we don't need to drag this out for too long either. I wanna see this happen!
  • edited May 2011
    Well, I've been announced that there are about 10 letters from our italian MI fans! So people are really doing their best to help us!

So far, so good! Spread the word!
  • edited May 2011
    So are you still taking letters?
  • edited May 2011
    Since SWP's last post on the matter was only yesterday, and the fact that in it he said to "spread the world", then yes, I would assume he's still taking letters.
  • edited May 2011
    Hayden wrote: »
    Since SWP's last post on the matter was only yesterday, and the fact that in it he said to "spread the world", then yes, I would assume he's still taking letters.

ok ok, i know it was a stupid question, Ill PM SWP my letter.
  • edited May 2011
    prizna wrote: »
    ok ok, i know it was a stupid question, Ill PM SWP my letter.

'Salright, man :D.

You can just post it here in the thread, if you like. That's what everybody else did, including myself.
  • edited May 2011
    I PM'd SWP but here it is anyway:

Dear LucasArts,

The Monkey Island fan base really needs a new Monkey Island game, when “Tales of Monkey Island” was announced I was so happy that a new game was being added to my favourite game series I immediately got my “Monkey Island” games and played them through again.

I believe that after the release of “Tales of Monkey Island” and the 2 Special Editions that there is still a substantial fan base for “Monkey Island” and that a new “Monkey Island” game MUST be made. Telltale did a great job with “Tales of Monkey Island” and I believe that they definitely have it in them to make a great sequel.

In short I would love to see a new “Monkey Island” game be it from LucasArts or Telltale.

Thanks,
    prizna (Australia)
  • edited June 2011
    I dont know if this means anything, but Craig Derrick posted this on the 7th of April on the Monkey Island Adventures Facebook page:
    "So...how's it going? =) Thanks to everyone here for keeping the love for Monkey Island going! Great things come to those that wait. "
    Could it be that there's more Monkey Island goodness coming our way soon?

GOG Lucas deal didn't happen so he must have ment somthing else!
  • edited June 2011
    This topic being a sticky is a good sign...
  • edited June 2011
    Teeth wrote: »
    This topic being a sticky is a good sign...

:eek: Im putting away about the same amount Tales 1 was now cos all signs point to a new series.
  • edited June 2011
    Here is my letter, please include it:

Dear LucasArts,

Monkey Island was one of the very first games I had the chance to play when I was a child. After all those years which have passed between the first one and the recently released Tales of Monkey Island, my love and passion with the franchise is still unbroken. Every day I pray for news about the next Monkey Island game. I absolutely loved Telltale Games ToMI, the episodes were excellent in quality and gameplay and it really delivered what we Monkey Island fans were looking forward to.

Please do not let the series end, give us another Season of Tales of Monkey Island!

Best Regards,

Christian G. Heinle (Austria)
  • edited June 2011
    the way I see it there will be no lucasarts adventure game or TOMI2 with the current lucasarts president.. guess we just have to wait for another failed star wars game, him to be fired.. a bunch of lucasarts ppl fired and hope the next president actually respects lucasarts history
  • edited June 2011
    Hero1 wrote: »
    the way I see it there will be no lucasarts adventure game or TOMI2 with the current lucasarts president.. guess we just have to wait for another failed star wars game, him to be fired.. a bunch of lucasarts ppl fired and hope the next president actually respects lucasarts history

Ok, I guess instead of writting letters we should be coming up with ways to get him fired. :D jks
  • edited June 2011
    How about:

Dear Paul Meegan,

Please release a DVD-ROM copy of SoMI SE and MI:LR SE. Some of us still prefer hard copies over digital downloads.

Thanks,

MrSneeze.
  • edited June 2011
    I have a feeling a season 2 WILL happen. But theres no telling WHEN that could be.
  • edited June 2011
    MrSneeze wrote: »
    How about:

Dear Paul Meegan,

Please release a DVD-ROM copy of SoMI SE and MI:LR SE. Some of us still prefer hard copies over digital downloads.

Thanks,

MrSneeze.

I usually don't post purely for the purpose for saying "I second this"... but, I second this.
    Hero1 wrote: »
    ...and hope the next president actually respects lucasarts history

They had one of those not long ago in Rodriguez. The chances of another one coming along soon are beyond slim.
  • edited June 2011
    MrSneeze wrote: »
    How about:

Dear Paul Meegan,

Thanks,

MrSneeze.

I also agree with this. If it had been command and conquer, Bioshock, Half life or another game I don't have strong feelings for, then I wouldn't mind only a digital download. But Monkey Island! Yes please! And with beautiful cover art.
  • edited June 2011
    jadetermeg wrote: »
    I also agree with this. If it had been command and conquer, Bioshock, Half life or another game I don't have strong feelings for, then I wouldn't mind only a digital download. But Monkey Island! Yes please! And with beautiful cover art.

Add me to the agree list.
  • edited June 2011
    jadetermeg wrote: »
    And with beautiful cover art.

Done by Steve Purcell.
  • edited June 2011
    I just read on the BttF forums that there's probably going to be a BttF season 2, and I can believe that IT is getting a sequel and ToMI still isn't... I mean we have been asking (no, not asking, BEGGING!) for a sequel since the last episode ended. I would at least be happy if someone would just say there's not going to be a Monkey Island game for at least another 3 years, it would be better than getting my hopes up every year :/
  • edited June 2011
    Unfortunately, there are two very good reasons why we'll see BTTF return before TOMI:

1) Universal want to make money by turning their intellectual properties into high-selling computer games.

2) Lucasarts seem to think they exist to squeeze cash out of Star Wars fans.

Unfortunately, unless Lucasarts budge on (2), which will probably be in another ten years, I think (1) is going to be taking the lead from now on. :(
  • edited June 2011
    BttG is probably getting a 2nd Season and ToMI isn't?! What the hell?
    What I just don't understand is why can't LucasArt's let TTG do another season, I mean, all they need to do is sit back and collect the royalties, it's a win-win situation... Uhmm, maybe TTG aren't that interested in a 2nd season, and didn't even ask LucasArt's?
  • edited June 2011
    So when is the letter being sent?
  • edited June 2011
    SubSidal wrote: »
    Uhmm, maybe TTG aren't that interested in a 2nd season, and didn't even ask LucasArt's?

There can only be two reasons why Telltale didn't get a second season:

1) they knew they wouldn't able to do it if they had a shot at the more profitable Universal licences
    2) Lucasarts had already told them what they announced rather more recently, that they exist produce Star Wars games and bugger-all else.

I can't believe Telltale just didn't want to. That would be crazy. Lucasarts crazy.
  • edited June 2011
    So when is the letter being sent?

Well, I think I should start wrapping things up. We've got enough letters.

If anyone would like to help, what's the address where I should send it?

I mean, duuuh, LucasArts HQ! ...but the exact address (with source/link please?).
  • edited June 2011
    It's not a question of whether or not LucasArts wants to make another one... LucasArts didn't even make Tales, after all.

I am sure LucasArts would be happy to license Monkey Island to Telltale again, considering that any revenue generated by Tales is revenue that Monkey Island isn't going to bring in otherwise, and it's not even being developed by LucasArts.

It's all a question of whether or not Telltale wants to do another one... and more importantly, whether or not they want to do another one more then they want to do all the other properties they've gotten the rights to recently.
  • edited June 2011
    It's not as simple as one or the other company just wanting to do something, they have to have an agreement between each other and from the outside it appears that LucasArts aren't really doing much of anything apart from laying off staff and keeping hold of their licences.
  • edited June 2011
    If anyone would like to help, what's the address where I should send it?

I mean, duuuh, LucasArts HQ! ...but the exact address (with source/link please?).

Official LucasArts contact information is at http://www.lucasarts.com/company/contact/.

If there is a secret contact address that gets you more attention than the official ones, I don't know about it. (But then, they would be fools to give it to me!)
  • edited June 2011
    There can only be two reasons why Telltale didn't get a second season:

1) they knew they wouldn't able to do it if they had a shot at the more profitable Universal licences
    2) Lucasarts had already told them what they announced rather more recently, that they exist produce Star Wars games and bugger-all else.

I can't believe Telltale just didn't want to. That would be crazy. Lucasarts crazy.

Perhaps Telltale collect the money from the Universal-Games
    to buy the licences of the whole LA-Adventure-Franchises :eek: :D
  • edited June 2011
    I recently got a very crazy idea for Tales 2. Ok, here it goes...

I know it's not exactly something piratey (hey, a big sponge isn't exactly that either) but what about the inclusion of time travel?
    Now, I know you're thinking about BTTF:TG and well, the idea goes along that lines, but done in it in its full potential.

It could be a interesting idea to have a sort of time travelling device (Majora's Mask anyone?) that takes the old Guybrush back to the events of the first MI game and has to prevent something horrible from ever happening, without bumping into his younger self. Heck, you could even revisit all previous adventures perhaps?
    Maybe you could even be in disguise and turn out to be one of the pirates young Guybrush talks to when he enters the Scumm Bar. Or the lookout, even.

I know, I know... It's a really crazy idea, but if it done right it could be fantastic. What do you think?
  • edited June 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    I recently got a very crazy idea for Tales 2. Ok, here it goes...

I know it's not exactly something piratey (hey, a big sponge isn't exactly that either) but what about the inclusion of time travel?
    Now, I know you're thinking about BTTF:TG and well, the idea goes along that lines, but done in it in its full potential.

It could be a interesting idea to have a sort of time travelling device (Majora's Mask anyone?) that takes the old Guybrush back to the events of the first MI game and has to prevent something horrible from ever happening, without bumping into his younger self. Heck, you could even revisit all previous adventures perhaps?
    Maybe you could even be in disguise and turn out to be one of the pirates young Guybrush talks to when he enters the Scumm Bar. Or the lookout, even.

I know, I know... It's a really crazy idea, but if it done right it could be fantastic. What do you think?

It's interesting I'll grant you, but it's too much like BttF for my liking. Still nice thoughts :)
  • edited June 2011
    yeah it would be to much like BttF... but it's a pretty good idea. When you return to a location you already visited, you would be like: OMG!! Future Guybrush was RIGHT THERE! *Mindblow* :D
  • edited June 2011
    It seems like an ok idea, but these kind of things just seem to be asking for continuity problems.
  • edited June 2011
    something similar it was when sam and max were saving the Chrismas
  • edited June 2011
    I'm sure it's in TT's minds but there can only be two or three big projects on at once, I think. BttF isn't properly wrapped up yet because they have the DVD to sort out and no doubt any final stuff with Universal. Walking Dead and Jurassic Park are soon to be released. Puzzle Agent is as good as finished. Very small number working on Hector, hence the long release schedule (and only two episodes left). No idea where they are with King's Quest or Fables.

Like most of you, I'm looking forward to more MI, Strong Bad and S&M material but they can afford to wait for those. They have new opportunities to put through their paces first. (Hopefully Hector will lead to Leisure Suit Larry in collaboration with that company doing a LSL1VGA remake but who knows?)
  • edited June 2011
    It seems like an ok idea, but these kind of things just seem to be asking for continuity problems.

Exactly, and we already have a couple of these in the Monkey Island history.
    Interesting idea, nonetheless: Instead of using science and a flux capacitor, time travel could be made possible by using a voodoo trinket or something like that.

I've been thinking about the idea "Guybrush has a doppelganger", now that the Voodoo Lady's in possession of his "old" hand, the dark spirit of LeChuck and enough voodoo power to create one. It's not a new theme, granted, but it offers a broad variety of story options.
  • edited June 2011
    I would love to see a second season of TOMI as it was a great game and would love them to expand on it with LeChuck now a zombie demon ghost pirate again and Threepwood having his hand back now he is alive again.
  • edited June 2011
    These ideas of time travel, doppelgangers, etc....they will always seem out of place in the MI Universe, along with places that exist in our world (eg. Jamaica or Panama). Having said that, the inclusion of National Navies could work if done right. I think that's one of the few things storytelling-wise that Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island got right.
  • edited June 2011
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    These ideas of time travel, doppelgangers, etc....they will always seem out of place in the MI Universe

Actually, there is empirical evidence of this: EoMI's mists o' time.
  • edited June 2011
    also: groggleganger
Sign in to comment in this discussion.