Tales of Monkey Island Season 2 Speculation and Suggestion Thread

When's that scheduled for then? :D

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Sometime between episode 5 and twenty years from now.
  • edited November 2009
    Bobbin wrote: »
    Sometime between episode 5 and twenty years from now.

i think they said twentyfour.
  • edited November 2009
    I'm pretty sure they said 42.
  • edited November 2009
    Shhh!!!
    You're not allowed to say season.:eek:
    Do you know if there will be any further tales to be told though?:D
  • edited November 2009
    Shhh!!!
    You're not allowed to say season.:eek:
    Do you know if there will be any further tales to be told though?:D

"season.:eek:". Oops. I said it.
  • edited November 2009
    So.... is there any news of a seas... err... uh ... a sequel series of Tales?

I keep hearing that it's their best selling title, so they would want to make more, right?! Let's hope Lucas Arts agrees.
  • edited November 2009
    Lets first finish the Tales before going onto what will happen after, This series may have a 'All die' ending. You don't know.

It could happen

Maybe...?
  • edited November 2009
    Trixie wrote: »
    Lets first finish the Tales before going onto what will happen after, This series may have a 'All die' ending. You don't know.

It could happen

Maybe...?

We're talking about a franchise that used 'resurrection' beginnings, more than once. Wouldn't bother me that much.
  • edited December 2009
    There has to be a second season. Otherwise i'd hate Telltale (or Lucas Arts, depends on who says "no") till my dying day...
  • edited December 2009

It could happen

Maybe...?

I named my dog Trixie! THE DOG!
  • edited December 2009

It could happen

Maybe...?
    You forget to realize that Guybrush, Elaine, and LeChuck aren't characters. They're LucasArts financial assets. They can be sold. They can be rolled out in a new product. They can be spruced up, shined off, and thrown on the assembly line in any variety of merchandised forms.

But one thing they cannot do, is die. As far as LucasArts is concerned, that would be as ridiculous as setting their headquarters on fire.
  • edited December 2009
    As far as LucasArts is concerned, that would be as ridiculous as setting their headquarters on fire.
    I think they did that once.
  • edited December 2009
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13773

"It's been a good, collaborative experience working with them on this project and I'm sure we'll see more of Guybrush in the future"
  • edited December 2009
    Bobbin wrote: »
    I think they did that once.

Everyone working for them died escape Ron Gilbert and friends escaped from the building unharmed, aside for some psychological damage. They say the ghosts of Lucas Arts still haunt the industry today, they roll in there graves at the thought of the crap Lucas Arts is producing...BOOOO!! BOOOO!
    OOOH a scary ghost story! ^

Seriously, I don't think death is funny, seen way too much of it.
  • edited December 2009
    Ignatius wrote: »

"It's been a good, collaborative experience working with them on this project and I'm sure we'll see more of Guybrush in the future"

You just made my day :)
  • edited December 2009
    I don't know if this was mentioned before but we never actually go to Monkey Island this time... Don't get me wrong cause I really liked the game. Its just that I was kinda looking forward to going to Monkey Island.
  • edited December 2009
    OnCallDoc wrote: »
    I don't know if this was mentioned before but we never actually go to Monkey Island this time... Don't get me wrong cause I really liked the game. Its just that I was kinda looking forward to going to Monkey Island.

We didn't in Monkey 2 either. Until the CMI retcon, that is.
  • edited December 2009
    Ignatius wrote: »

It looks like that interview is from back when the Special edition was released tough.
    In a recent Dave Grossman interview when asked if Lucasarts are happy with Tales he basically said that he doesn't know what they think about it.

Sounds a little odd if you ask me.

Here's a link to the interview.
    http://www.incgamers.com/Interviews/226/dave-grossman-on-tales-of-monkey-island/1
  • edited March 2011
    ###Thread: Is there a new monkey island 6 getting released??

---

If there is then when is it expected? coz the ending of tales of monkey island was a teaser

If anyone has any idea let me know
  • edited December 2009
    Tales wasnt actually part of the main LucasArts series, so if LucasArts continued it probably wouldnt pick up from Tales. Telltale hasnt said anything about a season 2 of Tales.
  • edited December 2009
    Tales wasnt actually part of the main LucasArts series, so if LucasArts continued it probably wouldnt pick up from Tales. Telltale hasnt said anything about a season 2 of Tales.

This is false. Tales IS a part of the main series, as you'll notice the big Lucas Arts logo in the beginning, and the fact that Lucas Arts licensed it to TTG so the series could continue. Tales is MI5.

Both TTG and LA have spoken on the issue.
  • edited December 2009
    Smohler wrote: »

It's already been explained how Tales is MI5.. But even if LucasArts decided not to let Telltale work on the next game, and wanted to work on it themselves, I'd guarantee that it would continue on from Tales.

It's been a hugely sucessful game, why would they want to annoy their fans by retconning a big part of the story that was both well recieved and made a lot of money?
  • edited December 2009
    Season two will definately happen, although whether it will be made by Telltale or whether LA will get more money hungry and make their own remains to be seen. I suspect the latter has legal issues regarding character rights though.
  • edited December 2009
    Smohler wrote: »

I'm sick of people saying this without knowing what they're talking about. It's like they WANT Tales not to be MI5. Don't listen to these people!
  • edited December 2009
    I'm sick of people saying this without knowing what they're talking about. It's like they WANT Tales not to be MI5. Don't listen to these people!

I feel the same way, both about people who want to say that Tales isn't MI5 or isn't canon and about people who want Curse and Escape removed from canon as well.
  • edited December 2009
    I feel the same way, both about people who want to say that Tales isn't MI5 or isn't canon and about people who want Curse and Escape removed from canon as well.

Isn't Tales set a good bit in the future, if Lucasarts did there own thing I think they'd follow from Escape...though maybe they'd rather not associate themselves too strongly with that game. I dunno, it's a headscratcher
  • edited December 2009
    Actually, no, it's been confirmed that Tales takes place after MI5... so it's technically MI6.
  • edited December 2009
    I'm a little iffy on making a game that takes place between two already released games from a series that regularly always continues from the story of the last game. Maybe it's just my OCD talking, but then who would care about the story of the in-between game if you know which characters stay alive at the end and/or other things such as in the case of the Voodoo Lady?
  • edited December 2009
    Powerlord wrote: »
    Actually, no, it's been confirmed that Tales takes place after MI5... so it's technically MI6.

STOP SAYING THAT. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT. THAT WAS A JOKE AAAAAAUAGHHGGAUHGAUHGUAHGUAHGUHAUGH

:headexplode:
  • edited December 2009
    Maybe it can be a "Monkey Island 5 II", like how Final Fantasy did it. There are so much differences between all entries of the franchise I mean, it would be weird if Telltale made a ToMI 2 (with the name MI6) that visually resembles ToMI 1.
  • edited December 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    STOP SAYING THAT. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT. THAT WAS A JOKE AAAAAAUAGHHGGAUHGAUHGUAHGUAHGUHAUGH

:headexplode:

Look at what you've done, Powerlord! Now you're getting the innocent involved!
  • edited December 2009

Sick of this comment popping up everywhere.

I'm hoping that Telltale gets to do a season 2, they know the story and the backgrounds on the new characters better than everyone else.
  • edited December 2009
    Just curious, where did some hear TMI was MI 5 and where did some hear it was MI-after-5 ?
  • edited December 2009
    PecanBlue wrote: »
    I'm a little iffy on making a game that takes place between two already released games from a series that regularly always continues from the story of the last game. Maybe it's just my OCD talking, but then who would care about the story of the in-between game if you know which characters stay alive at the end and/or other things such as in the case of the Voodoo Lady?
    I'm suddenly reminded of Star Wars Episode 3...
  • edited December 2009
    Which sucked, right?
  • edited December 2009
    solilique wrote: »
    Just curious, where did some hear TMI was MI 5 and where did some hear it was MI-after-5 ?
    Jake wrote: »
    We called it Monkey Island 6 for a while as a joke, but saying "there was a fifth game in between" doesn't mean you should actually see that game, or that it actually exists. The whole point was to say "time has passed between Escape from Monkey Island and Tales of Monkey Island -- the characters have gone on some more adventures, grown a little, learned some things, and probably healed some continuity wounds in the process." The point wasn't "there will be another game between Escape and Tales" -- that would be silly! You'd spend the whole game assembling a cursed cutlass, chasing LeChuck down to make him stop harvesting monkeys, and then right before you could go to take out LeChuck and save Elaine, the game would end and say "To be continued in Tales of Monkey Island!" Actually, that would be pretty amazing, but it would definitely be unfulfilling, I think!

I completely agree with him. Honestly, I'm happier using my imagination and at most I would want to see a comic or machinima or something.
  • edited December 2009

Not this crap again.
  • edited December 2009
    Monkey Island is the only gamei REALLY want to live on for many years to come. GTA was close but i have to say i enjoy MI MUCH MORE!!! SEE YOU NEXT YEAR...?
  • edited December 2009
    Im sure they will do another one in time, at least we won't be waiting 9 years this time.
  • edited December 2009
    So i Hope LA will make a non-episodic new MI Game
    with Bill tiller vor the graphics and ron Gilbert to Tell His
    Story After MI2 and perhaps Full the Part between EMI
    and ToMI... also i hope telltale will make ToMI Season 2
    almost near in the future!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.