Tales of Monkey Island Season 2 Speculation and Suggestion Thread

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Eh, now I'm getting my hopes up, and I don't WANT to get my hopes up because I know that there's more of a chance of there being no season 2 at all.
  • edited February 2011
    Hayden wrote: »
    Eh, now I'm getting my hopes up, and I don't WANT to get my hopes up because I know that there's more of a chance of there being no season 2 at all.

im with you
  • edited February 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    im with you

Make that three.
  • edited February 2011

You're right. But I think about it, constantly!
    In a word, can't wait for the verdict!
  • edited February 2011
    Is that a Google translation?
  • edited February 2011
    No, just my ignorance. I've edited to render more clearly :)
  • edited February 2011
    Make that three.

Make that fiv... I mean four :D
  • edited February 2011
    [shouting]AVAST! WE WANT SEASON TWO!!!![/shouting]

*sigh* that had to come out, now i'm feeling better...
    But if you won't announce more Monkey Island titles we all here will get very angry and be sure, you don't want us to be angry... :eek:
  • edited February 2011

and one more!
  • edited February 2011
    You're right. But I think about it, constantly!
    In a word, can't wait for the verdict!

Me too.. I probably think about MI at some point at least once a day.
  • edited February 2011
    Me three.
  • edited February 2011
    Same four me.
  • edited February 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    im with you
    Make that three.
    and one more!
    Debbie82 wrote: »
    Me three.
    Dellie wrote: »
    Same four me.

We're totally incapable to count smiley_rofl.gif
  • edited February 2011
    We're totally incapable to count smiley_rofl.gif

We're totally incapable three count.
  • edited February 2011
    1. Telltale reads these forums. Usually when we are hoping for something that isnt going to come, they tell us so we don't get our hopes up. They're nice like that.

2. From Mojo: "A reader who shall remain anonymous points out that Dom's usually timely Top Chef postings were recently delayed because of "work." The last time this happened? Apparently a while before the Tales of Monkey Island announcement. Dam dam dam!"
  • edited February 2011
    Do you know what makes me more suspect?
    This reader who SHALL remains anonymous.
    Maybe I'm crazy.
  • edited February 2011
    DAM IT!

/overflows
  • edited February 2011
    Okay crew, this is it...aaany moment now TTG will announce the next 5 games! Get ready for awesomeness!!
  • edited February 2011
    I'm in a dark room with only my cellphone keeping me up. I need to sleep, I really need to sleep but I just... can't. This waiting excitement is killing me!
  • edited February 2011
    We've got two of the five. Hope for another Monkey Island game is still alive :D
  • edited February 2011
    Well if there is a MI2 I'll just be getting the online versions as I lost my collector's edition and Voodoo cards in the Queensland floods along with 700 other games :(
  • edited February 2011
    Wow, that sucks. When the Victorian Black Saturday bushfires were nearing my house and we were getting ready to evacuate I had no idea what to save. It really makes you think about what's really important in life. And yet all I could think about was my precious material possessions like my games and books. Probably says a lot about me lol.

You know if you message Telltale they may be happy to send you another copy of the DVD. Not sure about all the extras though :(
  • edited February 2011
    Soo, no monkey island, hmmmmm... ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    :(.

*sobbing*

I guess it won't be possible for at least another two years what with everything Telltale will be working on now.

:( :(
  • edited February 2011
    Soo, no monkey island, hmmmmm... ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree. We can't really have a simultaneous attack. Everyone, whenever you have time (but asap please), just do as you were instructed. I'll see you there. If you don't know where to post, let intuition take you to the right place.

:( I'm really sad, but it could've been worse. TTG could have developed a Star Wars game, like we didn't have enough of those already.

don't get me wrong, I like SW... I just want ToMI2
  • edited February 2011
    Damn! Why Telltale? WHY??????????? :mad:
  • edited February 2011
    Oh and we should probably address them all to the head in charge...what's his name again?

The feedback thread should be appropriate...since it seems to be most visited by mods.

Or wait..would you guys prefer to write real letters? These may have some chance of being read.
  • edited February 2011
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    :(.

*sobbing*

I guess it won't be possible for at least another two years what with everything Telltale will be working on now.

:( :(

I'm afraid that's true... :(
  • edited February 2011
    Okay, how about this... each of us writes a paragraph. Not too long. I put them all together in a letter, we all sign it (digital signature, or just make one in photoshop)... I print it and I send it to LucasArts' CEO.

...at least it's better than spamming forums. And we actually might get a response.
  • edited February 2011
    Okay, how about this... each of us writes a paragraph. Not too long. I put them all together in a letter, we all sign it (digital signature, or just make one in photoshop)... I print it and I send it to LucasArts' CEO.

...at least it's better than spamming forums. And we actually might get a response.

Awesome!

We could all post are letters here and on the... IDK...1st of March we put it all in one letter,sign it and you should send it to Lucasarts ASAP :D
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah! C'mon, who wants to try a paragraph? We'll arrange the final order of them at the end... for now just write how you feel about this. What would you like to tell the big LA chief?
  • edited February 2011
    Hi! Why isn't going to be a ToMI2?
  • edited February 2011
    Dear Paul Meegan
    We, the Monkey Island fanbase would like a new Island game from your company, Lucas Arts or from Telltale games, we really like the series and we really need a sequel, mainly to clarify the ending of Tales of Monkey Island and to continue Guybrush's epic quest.
    Please continue the series.
    Yours sincerely, Aggelos Karasarinis
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah! C'mon, who wants to try a paragraph? We'll arrange the final order of them at the end... for now just write how you feel about this. What would you like to tell the big LA chief?

Hey LA!

I'm fairly new to the Monkey Island series, but I can say that I love it! I tried Tales of Monkey Island first, but some things I didn't understand. Then I bought the Special Editions, and I loved it some more. It's a shame there are no copies of Monkey Island 3 and 4, I'd love to see them on Steam. Same with a few other old games of yours, like Grim Fandango.

Anyway, I would love to see Tales of Monkey Island 2. With the previous game ending on a cliffhanger, I need to see what's next. Telltale make excellent games, and the partnership you had when developing ToMI was like a dream to a lot of old MI fans. All I want to see is another game, a finale if I may say so.

Oh and make sure you get some classics on Steam!

Thanks,
    The Gentleman AKA Cthonic.
  • edited February 2011
    Dear LucasArts Company,

I must admit that Monkey Island is in my opinion, and obviously many others to, one of the best game series ever. It's funny, it's smart, it's well-made and a great memorable part from the childhood. One word to summarize it all: Brilliant!
    It was amazing when Tales of Monkey Island became the fifth game in the series. It was a real joy to see it return once again, with all these classic characters back in the picture. We discovered a new Monkey Island game in a smoother 3D-look, and a Gubrush with a beard! The only bad thing about it was the thought that crossed my mind during the last two chapters. "I don't want it to end!" I do know everything has to come to an end, even brilliant adventure games. Somehow, I feel that Tales of Monkey Island hasn't come to an end yet, and we've been left with unanswered questions.
    I've never seen other fans being as ambitious, supportive, faithful, awesome and... crazy (in a good way), as the Monkey Island-fans truly are. And now, it's killing us to not know anything about your plans for Monkey Island. Will we be seeing anything more? Will our questions be answered? Will our hopes come true?

Dear LucasArts, we wish from the bottom of our hearts, from Mêlée to Monkey and all the islands in between, please. Make a sequel to Tales of Monkey Island, or at least allow Telltale to make it.

Greetings from Desirée in Sweden.
  • edited February 2011
    Dear Lucasarts,

I LOVED Tales of Monkey Island, it was brilliant, funny, emotional, shocking at some points, and sometimes it left me speechless!It was the awesome characters, story and cliffhangers that left me with my jaw down every time I finish an episode. That's the kind of game that makes you want to work in a game company! And the puzzles were just the right type, not to easy nor to difficult.I actually didn't know anything about Lucasarts nor the Monkey Island franchise until I played Tales of Monkey Island. In short IT WAS EPIC!
    It left many unanswered questions that should be answered, so I beg you, on my knees ''Please let Telltale do another Monkey Island game!''
    I would be forever grateful and full of joy,and I would name my first born child after you!

Best wishes from Matej in Croatia!
  • edited February 2011
    Dear Lucasarts,

I do not play many games, but Tales of Monkey Island is the reason that I bought a game after soooo many years! I ask you (and beg you) to make a new Monkey Island game, or let Telltale to make it as soon as possible! Monkey Island series is my favourite game! It is fun, it has got great atmosphere, great characters, great humor! Please do not loose the oportunity to create a new Monkey Island game nowdays when Monkey Island has got a lot of fans!

Greetings from Greece, Alex.
  • edited February 2011

I say we try the Andy Dufresne method ;)

(Caution: language in the link)
  • edited February 2011
    Dear Mr. Meegan,

I've been a fan of your company and games since I was 3 years old. Right now I am 22 and I had the pleasure of growing up with characters like Indiana Jones, Guybrush Threepwood, Bobin Threadbare and plenty others. Recently, TellTale Games continued the Monkey Island series, to much of my surprise. The result: a brilliant game that was everything it needed to be. Now, almost two years later, the fans are expecting a continuation or, at least, a conclusion to the series. We really don't want to wait another 10 years for a new Monkey Island game. In a difficult market, in difficult times, what is the best way to success? Communication. This is us telling you what we want, Sir. Please...do more than hear. Listen to what we have to say.
    Thank you,
    Andrei Constantinescu, Romania
  • edited February 2011
    Dear Mr. Meegan,

as many others my childhood was massively formed by the adventure games LucasArts released in the 80s and 90s. One of the most influential franchises to me was the "Monkey Island" series. Ever after the release of "Escape from Monkey Island" in 2000, I and most of the people who love adventure games wished for a comeback of Guybrush and Co., and when Telltale Games announced the production of "Tales of Monkey Island" I was happy beyond words. Expectations were high, and it would have been easy for Telltale to blow this opportunity. But they didn't! Instead they delivered an epic story of adventure, heroism, love and the sharp humor the "Monkey Island"-series is known for, making the game the crown jewel of Telltale's portfolio. The only drawback of such an achievement? People became hungry for more! And since it's not only Telltale's decision to create a well deserved sequel, I ask you, Mr. Meegan, to consider another co-production with Telltale Games. The adventure game market is back and in full swing... now is the right time for another home run!

Yours,
    Jan Hofmeister, Germany
Sign in to comment in this discussion.