Tales of Monkey Island Season 2 Speculation and Suggestion Thread

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Actually we should attack on the day before the announcement because if its announced we can all take credit for it :p

I like how your little gray cells work in mischievous ways!
  • edited February 2011
    Guys.. is that a rumor or is it true that Telltale will anounce 5 games in February 17th?
  • edited February 2011
    alkapel wrote: »
    Guys.. is that a rumor or is it true that Telltale will anounce 5 games in February 17th?
    It's true that Telltale will anounce 5 games but I don't know when
  • edited February 2011
    alkapel wrote: »

It's confirmed. According to a press release, they're announcing five games on the 17th.
  • edited February 2011
    Perhaps we should hold off our invasion until after the 17th, then?
  • edited February 2011
    Hayden wrote: »
    Perhaps we should hold off our invasion until after the 17th, then?

But have fingers on the trigger.
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah, I suggest we attack on the 18th, in case we don't hear about a second ToMI season.
  • edited February 2011
    I hope I am wrong, but I think that if Telltale has plans to announce ToMI2, they would announce it on its own! Not 5 games together!

Please Telltale, make me wrong!
  • edited February 2011
    I think if its announced on TTG site LA arts would announce it at the same time... but it would just be a blip...

They hardly mentioned ToMI its just a little thumbnail... on the Special edition page.
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah, I suggest we attack on the 18th, in case we don't hear about a second ToMI season.

You definately get your opinions out in a big way, not to imply you're obnoxious in some way. You're not obnoxious but you know how to deliver a point, message. You're like a TTG celeberity.

So, I'm with you on your strike if you decide to pick it up.
  • edited February 2011
    Isn't it a little odd that nobody from the telltale staff has commented on these plans of attacking lucasarts? It's highly unlikely that nobody from the telltale staff hasn't seen this thread... <.< >.>
  • edited February 2011
    Isn't it a little odd that nobody from the telltale staff has commented on these plans of attacking lucasarts? It's highly unlikely that nobody from the telltale staff hasn't seen this thread... <.< >.>

I guess they don't want to give away whether it's one of the five games. If they say 'Yeah! Go for the attack!' Then that implies it's not due to be announced, whereas if they say 'Don't do it' that could be seen as implying that it will be coming out and an attack on Lucasarts isn't necessary.
  • edited February 2011
    doodo! wrote: »

So, I'm with you on your strike if you decide to pick it up.

Welcome aboard! :D

As for the general non-reaction of the staff, I guess it's better if they assume they don't know anything about this :p We're not doing anything evil or threatening... just... unpleasant for the LA moderators hihihihi!

With a little bit of luck, we may even hit the news on a blog or two.

By the way, we should start making accounts now on their forums. I'm not planning on using my nickname over there.
  • edited February 2011
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    I guess they don't want to give away whether it's one of the five games. If they say 'Yeah! Go for the attack!' Then that implies it's not due to be announced, whereas if they say 'Don't do it' that could be seen as implying that it will be coming out and an attack on Lucasarts isn't necessary.

I doubt either way TTG would support an attack on another website.
  • edited February 2011
    coolsome wrote: »

Probably. What I mean though is whatever they say we'd be speculating over it and it may give the game away as to whether it's in the 5 to be announced.
  • edited February 2011
    coolsome wrote: »

Guys, it's not an attack. We're just fooling around a little. I would not agree to an attack! It's a joke... We're just expressing our opinions at the same time on LA forums. No harm in that.

It's an OES - Organized Expressitivity Session :D
  • edited February 2011
    Guys, it's not an attack. We're just fooling around a little. I would not agree to an attack! It's a joke... We're just expressing our opinions at the same time on LA forums. No harm in that.

It's an OES - Organized Expressitivity Session :D

Riiiiight ;)
  • edited February 2011
    I think I'll be the casual observer here. But I'll share my popcorn with the troops!
  • edited February 2011
    Well, whatever you want to call it... it's harmless fun. :)
  • edited February 2011
    Well, whatever you want to call it... it's harmless fun. :)

Yes... Harmless... Completely harmless... Isn't that right, Mr. Lucas? Muahahahaha! Wouldn't hurt a fly. MUAHAHA!
  • edited February 2011
    By the way, we should start making accounts now on their forums. I'm not planning on using my nickname over there.

Oh good idea I was going to use my Irishmile account that I already have..... But you make a good point I will probably pick a parody name... Like CelticKilometre
  • edited February 2011
    It would also be wiiiise NOT to write your new name here, Irishmile annoyed.gif
  • edited February 2011
    Meh I'm not THAT worried.
  • edited February 2011
    Oh you will be... you...WILL!...

Yeah, well, it's not like we're international spies...
  • edited February 2011
    Shhhhh I am definitely NOT an international spy.... That reminds me I have to pick up my tux from the cleaners.... and pick up some more gin and vermouth.
  • edited February 2011
    *russian accent* Pfft...americans...
  • edited February 2011
    *russian accent* Pfft...americans...

indyr.jpg

Russians...
  • edited February 2011
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyae-jROTwzExo9aoY7dcocJwSsdx_zTHXrn6zNpVTPDx4pEorng
  • edited February 2011
    ^ what, you don't like to talk about Russians? Russians are awesome... for some reason.

Okay, okay... uh, ToMI 2, yeah! Can't wait! Woohoo!
    Um, do you think it will be announced sooooon? I think it will be announced...someday! Do you agree with what I just said?... ToMI2 RULZ ZOMG!

...I never thought the day would come when I would spam the TTG forums. o.O
  • edited February 2011
    ^ what, you don't like to talk about Russians? Russians are awesome... for some reason.

I was just quoting the first Indy line from KOTCS. Your comment instantly brought that snippet of the movie to my head :p

Edit: Oh, you meant him... Racist basterd! (Kidding)
  • edited February 2011
    TRENCHFOOT, can we get TMI remade with the soundtrack from your signature?
  • edited February 2011
    ToddD wrote: »
    TRENCHFOOT, can we get TMI remade with the soundtrack from your signature?

What do you mean?
  • edited February 2011
    I think he thinks that you composed that piece, hahaha!
  • edited February 2011
    I think he thinks that you composed that piece, hahaha!

I wish! But no, all the pieces on those videos were composed by Michael Land and are featured on the game. It has "unofficial" on the title because I didn't want to have any trouble with TellTale if they decided to release a soundtrack version of their own.
    But so far, that doesn't seem to be the case, so these 25 tracks (some of which mix various cues in one track, if they are related) make up for that. And the best part is that they flow real nicely and make a cohesive listening experience. The only bad part is that, despite the quality of the music is excellent, the synths throw a lot of people off.

Sorry, I started talking about the soundtrack again. But you gotta understand, I'm real passionate about music and, in particular, soundtracks.
  • edited February 2011
    I hope we get a annoucement soon I'm dying to play some more Mi. Also I hope TellTale puts a little more thought into the ending.
    personally I wish they had just left Threepwood a zombie until the next season. I can imagine everyone talking about the terrible deeds of the ghost zombie pirate Threepwood. With Threepwood knowing he didn't do any of the stuff he keeps hearing about through out the game. Also it would of been funny if in a attempt to use voodoo to transfer himself to a new body or clone or something he makes a substitution and ends up as a little girl or dog or something funny. I got the impression Telltale reached the end and thought. We can't leave it like this we need a happy ending. It just felt tacked on. Maybe they were not sure they could do another season. I don't know.
  • edited February 2011
    Actually no, I know they are the real music, but it sounds way better than what I get when I play the game for some reason. Enhanced maybe, the instruments sound much more real.

Oh if only TMI Season 2 could have a CMI budget....
  • edited February 2011
    ToddD wrote: »
    Actually no, I know they are the real music, but it sounds way better than what I get when I play the game for some reason. Enhanced maybe, the instruments sound much more real.

Oh if only TMI Season 2 could have a CMI budget....

Oh, ok then. Sorry for the confusion. There's no problem with you using them, but remember to put TellTale Games name somewhere! :)
  • edited February 2011
    So, 5 days before the announcement.. Any rumor about the ToMI 2?
  • edited February 2011
    Only the rumour on mixnmojo.com about how dom stopped posting on some blog (and the last time this happened was just before tomi).slim pickings but at least theres hope :)
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks to mixnmojo, I couldn't sleep yesterday :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.