Tales of Monkey Island Season 2 Speculation and Suggestion Thread

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I doubt that Telltale have any good reason not to do season 2 eventually. The 25th anniversary edition came out not too long after tales was released and it sold like mad! Then they released monkey 2 special edition and that sold like mad too. Telltale take the hint this game is THE GAME we don’t require or want a sequel we MENTALY AND PHYSICALY NEED ONE! Please tell Lucas Arts to stop beating the decaying corpse of star wars by releasing crappy sequels (Force unleashed 2) and remake some classics or at least make a start on Tales season 2.
    P.S

Remakes needed manic mansion, Day of the tentacle, Full Throttle, the Dig.....you get the point
  • edited March 2011
    StarEye wrote: »
    You mean like Puzzle Agent, Hector and Fables?

puzzle agent is one episode. Hector is probably going to be only two or three. Fable is more largely known then monkey island
  • edited March 2011
    if anyone knows if/when it's getting released let me know
  • edited March 2011
    well if/when there was another tomi game, why could'nt lechuck 'finally' die and a new villan be introduced? Or Guybrush's son or something... just an idea
  • edited March 2011
    mwardie wrote: »
    well if/when there was another tomi game, why could'nt lechuck 'finally' die and a new villan be introduced? Or Guybrush's son or something... just an idea

You could do that.
    LeChuck could reveal that he is Guybrush's brother (again) and we could plaster MI with more inane Star Wars references.

What's more is we could make a prequel to the entire series, discovering Guybrush's older brother LeChuck and his swashbuckling escapades against a Caribbean that is being supplanted by an inSidious plot by some random mysterious and dark figure. Then we can follow the descent of LeChuck to darkness in later games.
    Here's how it goes:

MI: The Monkey Menace
    After joining as a fledgling padawan of the Voodoo Temple, the Temple's High Priestess, the Vooddoo Lady (who has an unnatural predilection for swampy-Dagobah type abodes) will make prophetic assessments about the young LeChuck that only the Gamers will understand when she tells young LeChuck that his fears and anxieties (typical teen mumbo jumbo) will not only lead to acne and Facebook bullying but could cause him to fall to the darkside :eek:

The rest of the game will involve redundant puzzles in liberating Blood island under embargo and occupation from a certain Marco LaGrande who is just a proponent of a much broader, and meticulously evil scheme played out by the inSidious Voodoo Priest.

LeChuck will develop a forbidden crush on a much older woman by the name of Goodsoup.

And the island will be saved in the end with the annihilation of the embargo, the capture and reprimand of Marco, by the Caribbean Senate, and the death of a pirate-hunting apprentice to the voodoo priest.

MI: Attack of the Undead

10 years later. The darkside of Voodoo have began to be recognised in the encroaching shadows on the Republic of the Caribbean.
    LeChuck begins the game again, now a little less pimply,a lot more angsty. And has developed a pretty gnarly beard too.

Meanwhile assassination attempts lead LeChuck and his allies on a mission that uncovers a secret undead army being developed on a mysterious island, deleted from the Phatt Island Library catalogue, known as Monkey Island.

Looking to who is behind this the Supreme Pirate Governor reveals this as a part of a new order in the Republic, helping to enure less Rum-induced brain damage, portection of open ports from potential embargo, and upholding the need for established bed-times on Islands of perpetual darkness.

To offset this proliferation of repressions the Republic engages in a conflict on a planet traced to earlier assassinations from mysterious pirate-hunters. There it is revealed recent attempts by Islands to secede from the Republic has culminated in this groups own proliferation of armed forces. Little does young LeChuck or the Pirate Republic realise that this is in fact a part of the evil Voodoo Priest's dastardly plans to fracture the Caribbean.

Oh and LeChuck visits his drop-dead gorgeous Goodsoup Girlfriend, consolidating their forbidden love with a massive ring.

Revenge of... (the corny titles that do not fit with the established MI title flow)

War!
    LeChuck's been rustling the sheets and rocking the boat (yeah he had sex get over it)

The Pirate Republic is in a state of Civil War known as the Undead Wars! Every island has become embroiled in the conflict. Meanwhile dark forces of voodoo are playing out within the Pirate Republic.
    This is a state of uncertainty and fear.

A few action scenes later...

LeChuck loses faith in the Voodoo Temple and says "what the heck I want to be a pirate", faces off against his old friends who kill him (after they solve some meticulous puzzle) and he dies as a consequence.
    The Voodoo Lady squares off with the Evil Voodoo Priest too.

Etc.

She loses, relocates to Melee Island after also losing a bid at auction on a nice swamp-land hut to an annoying man in a static plaid suit; 2 bedrooms, ensuite, double boat dock, and a murky swimming pool. Only $220,000.

The evil Voodoo regime takes over the galaxy, ahem, the Caribbean and LeChuck returns as an evil ghost to boss everyone around.

The rest you know.

So what do you think?
    My writing excellence aside do you think its a great idea, I know LucasArts would be salivating right now. It may not be the MI we want but it's the MI they're going to give us if we ask them anyway.
  • edited March 2011
    I hate to say this but there really isn't any scope for anymore stories because everything has been said and done, from guybrush dying , lechuck turning human etc. I would be quite frankly, suprised if telltale got hold of a more diabolical plot.

I disagree. I think that there's an endless supply of routes and avenues that Monkey Island could take in future games. The MI world is vast and expansive, and hasn't even been fully explored yet. As far as the whole 'Guybrush & Elaine versus LeChuck' scenario goes, yeah, all options for that may have been exhausted. But if the writers choose to break away from that situation, then there's myriad possibilities for future storylines, plotlines and original ideas.
  • edited March 2011
    hamza721 wrote: »
    Fable is more largely known then monkey island

Didnt know about the comic till I saw the blog post. But the MI game is an old franchise and some people may have heard of it or saw it.
  • edited March 2011
    I've never heard of Fables before this. I'm fairly sure Monkey Island is more known than Fables to gamers.
  • edited March 2011
    Hayden wrote: »
    I disagree. I think that there's an endless supply of routes and avenues that Monkey Island could take in future games. The MI world is vast and expansive, and hasn't even been fully explored yet. As far as the whole 'Guybrush & Elaine versus LeChuck' scenario goes, yeah, all options for that may have been exhausted. But if the writers choose to break away from that situation, then there's myriad possibilities for future storylines, plotlines and original ideas.

The Voodoo lady is a good route to take. She could do somthing that in her mind is good but Guybrush thinks is evil and he has to stop.
  • edited March 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    The Voodoo lady is a good route to take. She could do somthing that in her mind is good but Guybrush thinks is evil and he has to stop.

Yeah, the Voodoo Lady would be nice; something new and fresh. However, I don't really want to see the Voodoo Lady turn into someone who is depicted as entirely 'evil' or as a direct antagonist. I'd rather her remain a neutral force, in all honesty.

I'd actually really like to see King Andre given the role of lead villain in one of the future games. I've expressed my reasons elsewhere:
    HaydenWCE wrote:
    Anyway, on the subject of returning characters, I'd actually really love to see a re-appearance from King Andre. He was such a cool character; everything about him - his appearance, his lair, his persona and personality - was just great. He was a top villain, but was never given enough time in the sun/limelight. So I'd love to see him come back with a slightly larger role in one of the future games.

Perhaps, now with LeChuck now just a skull in a jar, Andre's willing to come out of his cave, and make an attempt at conquering the Caribbean, perhaps using his wealth to hire LeChuck's leftover skeletal minions to do his dirty work.
    Or maybe he could 'pull an Ozzie', and use his riches to try to buy up the Caribbean, while hiring the best bounty hunters in the Caribbean to eliminate all competition and opposition.
    Just some thoughts :).

What I'm basically trying to say is that the character has a lot of potential, so it would be a shame if he went unused.
  • edited March 2011
    we are closing in to THE DAY, so if anybody has a letter that he or she would like to post here, better do it quickly :D
  • edited April 2011
    I've never heard of Fables before this. I'm fairly sure Monkey Island is more known than Fables to gamers.

I second that.
  • edited April 2011
    I haven't seen any news at all that telltale is working on or even thinking about another tales of monkey island game. The kings quest, Jurassic park and others are cool enough but I would really love to see another monkey island game more than anything else. Has anyone else heard any news? And yes I will pay the full price up front which I'm not doing with any of these other games. Thanks
  • edited April 2011
    Nothing has been announced, but you never know.
  • edited April 2011
    sigh. another one of these threads, Another broken heart.
  • edited April 2011
    Dear LucasArts,

Have you seen bear? Big, hairless bear? In Russia, bears not so big. And less hair.

Sincerely,
    StarEye
    AKA Hunter of bears

That was a random reference...but it made me laugh anyways.
  • edited April 2011
    i love the tales of monkey island ive played a lot of telltales games and the tales of monkey island is BY FAR the best. i realy hope they make a new season

Telltale games Greatest accomplishments
    - Makeing monkeyisland
  • edited April 2011
    Dear Lucasarts,

There is really not much to say about monkey island, except for being one of my main sources of inspiration to think and imagine. I have a lot of memories from those games, starting from when I was 6-7 years old. I really can't understand why most games these days tend to be trash, or "reproductions" of ideas used before, and not meaningful and stimulating as they once were. Of course this is not addressed to telltale who does a great effort in supporting the adventure genre but to lucasarts. Please at least make an effort in continuing this saga, what is there to lose?

Ankalagon
  • edited April 2011
    Dear Lucasarts

Please make another Monkey Island game. They are the best there is.

David
  • edited April 2011
    Ankalagon wrote: »
    I really can't understand why most games these days tend to be..."reproductions" of ideas used before, and not meaningful and stimulating as they once were. Of course this is not addressed to telltale who does a great effort in supporting the adventure genre but to lucasarts. Please at least make an effort in continuing this saga, what is there to lose?
    You're contradicting yourself here.
  • edited April 2011
    MrFerder wrote: »
    You're contradicting yourself here.

I think not. There's a huge difference between "continuing a saga", which means based on an existing environment/characters etc you create something new, something which promotes the story and involves "creativity" and reproduction which is just same ideas or concepts, industrialised and used for easy money. Continue is different from reproduce or copy.
  • edited April 2011
    I dont know if this means anything, but Craig Derrick posted this on the 7th of April on the Monkey Island Adventures Facebook page:
    "So...how's it going? =) Thanks to everyone here for keeping the love for Monkey Island going! Great things come to those that wait. "
    Could it be that there's more Monkey Island goodness coming our way soon?
  • edited April 2011
    I dont know if this means anything, but Craig Derrick posted this on the 7th of April on the Monkey Island Adventures Facebook page:
    "So...how's it going? =) Thanks to everyone here for keeping the love for Monkey Island going! Great things come to those that wait. "

{:()
  • edited April 2011

Why is it he only get cryptic hints!
  • edited April 2011
    Hey, at least is something...
  • edited April 2011

Ohhh, I hope this means something.
  • edited April 2011
    'Curse of Monkey Island: Special Edition' I would imagine. But here's to hoping it's something new.

Edit: Scrap that, it's probably something to do with this.
  • edited April 2011
    Hayden wrote: »
    'Curse of Monkey Island: Special Edition' I would imagine. But here's to hoping it's something new.

Edit: Scrap that, it's probably something to do with this.

What if LucasArts is bringing Curse SE/A new game to GOG?
  • edited April 2011
    Great things come to those that wait. "

why do they feel the need to point this out. We waited 9 fucking years for MI 5!! We know patience is a virtue by now :p
  • edited April 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    why do they feel the need to point this out. We waited 9 fucking years for MI 5!! We know patience is a virtue by now :p

Haha! So true! :D
  • edited April 2011
    Wow, bad timing for me to work on my movie. What did I miss?!
    *reads thread*

Wow, sweet! So, uh, do we still send him the letter? I'm still working on that and I've decided upon the best format to make sure he will be interested in reading every single one of your posts.

Maybe we should wait a bit before sending it. Hm... I will, however, finish the format-thingy so everyone can approve.
    It's good that we postponed it, more and more people wrote their wishes into this thread. Who knows? Maybe LA actually found our thread. Hm... anything is possible!

Be right back, gotta edit some stuff! Epic fighting sounds!
  • edited April 2011
    OMG, I havnt been on here in a while but im glad i checked in again, pls let LucasArts be the one releasing the 25 games with GOG.
  • edited May 2011
    considering the success of Tales of Monkey Island, I can't see why there wouldn't be a 2nd season. Though it seems that Telltale have a busy schedule, so we may have to be patient.
    I am predicting that in 2012, we will see a 2nd season and 2013 we will see Sam and Max Season 4. I would love to be proved right.
  • edited May 2011
    Okay!

The Dear LucasArts project is ON! I'm getting every single post you guys wrote, right now!
    I should have the file in a couple of hours. :)

I strongly believe we've waited long enough past the original date. Don't you agree?

Ok!

*gathering posts*

EDIT: Aaaand here it is!

http://www.2shared.com/document/2H5AlHJs/Dear_Paul_Meegan.html

We have 32 letters so far. Do you think we can gather more?
    Thoughts?

P.S. I also posted a thread on the adventure gamers forum. It's a good start so far! C'mon people, join in! :D Just a short paragraph!
  • edited May 2011
    Was it ever mentioned who got the deal with GOG?
  • edited May 2011
    What if we did a I Wonder What Happens in Tales of Monkey Island 2? Maybe that could also excite people at LucasArts and TellTale...

Just a thought.
  • edited May 2011
    Lucas needs to let TTG do another series! Look at all the creativity that come from the community when we found out a new game was being made. The happiness it brought to people that thought it was over and dead only to see it rise again like a phoenix. They gotta let us see what comes of the revelations in Tales!
  • edited May 2011
    I want to see where they are planning on going with the connection between the Voodoo lady and Morgan... I also want to see them have LeChuck be evil the entire game.. and I would like then to have the challenge of bringing us a "New" version of LeChuck... I vote hulking monster LeChuck.
  • edited May 2011
    I would like a new Monkey Island game, well LucasArts are the only ones who can do a "fifth" game. TOMI isn't officially classed as MI 5 as both LA and TellTale have both said this. I think LucasArts have already stated they don't want to do an SE for COMI and EFMI, rumours are they're doing a SE for Maniac Mansion to coincide with the games 25th anniversary next year and the 25th anniversary of the SCUMM engine.

COMI and EFMI will most likely get re-released on GOG.com since LucasArts are one of the three rumoured companies that GOG have been speaking with to get titles re-released on their site either this summer or in the fall.
  • edited May 2011
    I would like a new Monkey Island game, well LucasArts are the only ones who can do a "fifth" game. TOMI isn't officially classed as MI 5 as both LA and TellTale have both said this

Not quite true.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.