'The Mystery of Scoggins'

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Telltale? taking risks?

HECK YES!

and by that i mean i support the decision to take such risks, going out of there comfort zone.

Concurred.
  • Thanks puzzlebox, I'm glad to see TTG is interested in developing some risky, independent titles.
  • edited May 2010
    Kevin wrote: »
    That's a real screen shot. It's not about 2D or 3D or toon shading or any of that, it's all about delivering Graham's art style.

That's why I love TTG. Attention to detail and faithfulness to the source material.

You guys should start advising movie studios on how to properly adapt comic books into film. :p
  • edited May 2010
    Any word on if this will have speech or not? Or monkey sound effects? ;)
  • edited May 2010
    By the looks of the speech bubble I saw in one of the screen shots I'm going to guess 'no'. Unless that was just another way of doing subtitles, but I doubt that.
  • edited May 2010
    So if this is hand drawn 2D, what is the native resolution?
  • edited May 2010
    I just had a thought, I wonder how many points it will be to get it on Wiiware. Any ideas?
  • edited May 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    I just had a thought, I wonder how many points it will be to get it on Wiiware. Any ideas?

Probably the Telltale standard of 1000 points.
  • edited May 2010
    We will find out on Tuesday I'm guessing.
  • edited May 2010
    If the game price is $9.99 (as MixnMojo stated) then it'll be 1000 points.
  • edited May 2010
    I cant wait!
  • edited May 2010
    Probably the Telltale standard of 1000 points.

Sounds reasonable!:)
  • edited May 2010
    I'm hoping for a Telltale standard episode price of $8.95 (on PC), but one dollar more wouldn't prevent me from buying the game...
  • edited May 2010
    Zodler wrote: »
    So if this is hand drawn 2D, what is the native resolution?

Game is using hand-drawn art, but in a 3D engine, so it should scale to whatever resolution.

Hmm... hopefully the textures don't suffer in the Wii version, given that so much of the art will be all texture
  • edited May 2010
    ugh, i just realized. i really shouldent pay more than 5 dollars for a iPhone game.
    but i dont want it for PC. GRRR.
  • edited May 2010

*snort* I love how people know more about that website than I do, and I write for it.
  • edited May 2010
    Looks interesting.

That's all for now, it's too early/late for thoughts.
  • edited May 2010
    IMG000020.jpg

I didn't know where else to show this off. He was at the Stumptown Comic's Festival this year. I wasn't in town at the time, but my awesome friend was able to get me his signature. :3
  • edited May 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Game is using hand-drawn art, but in a 3D engine, so it should scale to whatever resolution.

Hmm... hopefully the textures don't suffer in the Wii version, given that so much of the art will be all texture

Actually, the art style looks perfect for wiiware-nice and simple.
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe they're usng some type of pixel shader to make the edges of objects look like they were sketched on any resolution?
  • edited May 2010
    tomorrow is the big day folks.
  • edited May 2010
    tomorrow is the big day folks.

Oh that's right! I was expecting that May 4th would be the day we learn what the game is, but now we know so much about it, I almost wonder if it's coming out already
  • edited May 2010
    Oh that's right! I was expecting that May 4th would be the day we learn what the game is, but now we know so much about it, I almost wonder if it's coming out already

Nah, I think pre-order open tommorow and maybe the June date.
  • edited May 2010
    We'll probably get the news given to gaming press outlets in aggregate form, a pre-order link, maybe some more screenshots and a trailer. Maybe even a link to Annable's Hidden People print set.
  • edited May 2010
    Oooooh! I'm EXCITED!!!!!:D:D
  • edited May 2010
    We'll probably get the news given to gaming press outlets in aggregate form, a pre-order link, maybe some more screenshots and a trailer. Maybe even a link to Annable's Hidden People print set.

They posted more screenshots on gamespot, showing a bunch of puzzles. It seriously does look exactly the same as Layton. I just hope they have enough puzzles, layton generally has 150 odd in it. Hopefully there's at least 50.

But it just looks like Layton with a different art style. It's even got the same hint system, and it even says "Submit" lol.

Not that that is bad! I love Layton, and I'm still waiting for them to hurry up and translate that third game (stupid kanji in the third game making it impossible for me to play...) so this will tide me over til then.
  • edited May 2010

I doubt it'll be coming out.. 5 minutes ago was the first time I heard about this. (Spent the next 5 minutes scanning all the threads) I can't be the only one who's lacking in all this information, can I? :confused:

Either way, I'm excited now. :p
  • edited May 2010
    It won't come out tomorrow.

That be the preorder date. Probably.
  • edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    They posted more screenshots on gamespot, showing a bunch of puzzles. It seriously does look exactly the same as Layton. I just hope they have enough puzzles, layton generally has 150 odd in it. Hopefully there's at least 50.

But it just looks like Layton with a different art style. It's even got the same hint system, and it even says "Submit" lol.
    And Sam and Max used a(simplified form of) a game system that had been used in 1980s by many companies across a wide variety of titles. Is it somehow more derivative if it uses a system used by a far smaller set of games across a shorter span of time?
  • edited May 2010
    Has anyone noticed that they updated the site?

http://www.telltalegames.com/scogginserasers
  • edited May 2010
    I'm puzzled.
  • edited May 2010
    The sourcecode for the page mentions a few images:
    eyes.png

gnome.png

gnome2.png

gnome3.png

Not all of those showed up on the page before today, right? I know a few gnomes popped up when mousing over specific places, but not these.
  • edited May 2010
    Afternoon. It' already two and a half hours before midnight. :O9
  • edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    gnome2.png

I've seen this one pop up randomly at the bottom of the page.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    The sourcecode for the page mentions a few images:
    [...]
    Not all of those showed up on the page before today, right? I know a few gnomes popped up when mousing over specific places, but not these.

They pop out randomly if you just watch the page for a while. Thought I was imagining things the first time I caught it!
  • edited May 2010
    Heh, I was a bit impatient then by immediately diving into the page source :p
  • edited May 2010
    Wait, when is 'this afternoon'? It's 21:45 (or 9:45 PM, if you prefer it that way) over here now. Would it make sense for me to wait around for a bit or should I check back in the morning?
  • edited May 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Wait, when is 'this afternoon'? It's 21:45 (or 9:45 PM, if you prefer it that way) over here now. Would it make sense for me to wait around for a bit or should I check back in the morning?

It's currently 12:50PM PDT, which is where Telltale is. "Afternoon" can be anytime between now and 5PM or so.
  • edited May 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Telltale Games is on the West Coast of the US, so that means it is about 12:50pm as of this posting.

So, you know. We have generally accepted four hours of time during which it is generally still considered "afternoon".
  • edited May 2010
    Telltale Games is on the West Coast of the US, so that means it is about 12:50pm as of this posting.

So, you know. We have generally accepted four hours of time during which it is generally still considered "afternoon".

You've been beaten to the punch, old friend. Give up now, before it's too late. Come down to Rapture. It'll be great.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.