'The Mystery of Scoggins'

Someone who used to work at Telltale put this link up on twitter: http://www.telltalegames.com/scogginserasers

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I'll post in your thread since it came first (by only two minutes). I hope to God it is a Graham Annable inspired game. Maybe just a flash game? Trying not to get too excited...
  • edited April 2010
    Same here. I love his art style.
  • edited April 2010
    I remember watching a very creepy Snoggins cartoon on Youtube a while back. I honestly have no idea what this is, but I hope we get to see a horned bear cameo.
  • edited April 2010
    Oh please be a game! Please be a game!
  • edited April 2010
    This could potentially rock. Graham Annable is the effin' man.
  • edited April 2010
    I would go for a mystery game. I would very much go for a mystery game
  • edited April 2010
    I don't know what this is, but the music on that page is un-frickin-believably fantastic. It's all so...mysterious. Hmm.
  • edited April 2010
    The main page now has a related video in slot #6. Here's the direct YouTube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt5lB-RoAi4
  • edited April 2010
    2qvcmyw.jpg

I'm sure many of you have already seen this but just thought I'd post this Scoggin's Erasers cameo from Sam and Max: The Penal Zone. What could it all mean?
  • edited April 2010
    PLEASE be a Grickle game. That would be the most wonderful thing and I would buy it five times over.
  • edited April 2010
    I am intrigued.

What's that thing that pokes out of the smokestack when you mouse over the window?
  • edited April 2010
    What's that thing that pokes out of the smokestack when you mouse over the window?
    It appears to be one of the Hidden People from the front page and the video I linked above.

Mouse over (and click/hold) one of the tree stumps to see another one.
  • edited April 2010
    I haven't read the comics, but that music is fantastic. And I love the art style. Instant purchase for me, but I have no idea what it is.
  • edited April 2010
    Huldufólk! Huldufólk! Huldufólk!

You have to respect those guys! They came before us! They live in peace if we don't mess with them!

(Dammit! I never believe I'll going to be so scared for something I learn by been a Lazy Town's Fan).

Huldufólk, or Hidden People in Icelandic, are basically, Elf and Fairies. Like I said, they don't mess with you if you don't mess with them. I'm terrified just with the title of the Cartoon and the fact that were, well... Elves.

Ah, dammit. Now the money from Zazzle of this month will go to another Telltale Game! Not the Max Imp T-Shirt! T_T
  • edited April 2010
    Geez, I hope this isn't a horror game, if it's even a game at all. Kind of reminds me of that Sam something game that Telltale had on their site back when they hosted 3rd party games.

Either way, I'm excited to see some Grickle content possibly to be made in a game.
  • edited April 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Geez, I hope this isn't a horror game, if it's even a game at all.
    You and I could not possibly be more different in opinion than we are at this very moment. I am madly in love with the atmosphere of "The Hidden People".
  • edited April 2010
    You and I could not possibly be more different in opinion than we are at this very moment. I am madly in love with the atmosphere of "The Hidden People".

I like The Hidden People concept too, it's the 'horror' that I am worried about.
    I'm really not a horror fan.
  • edited April 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    I like The Hidden People concept too, it's the 'horror' that I am worried about.
    I'm really not a horror fan.
    Neither am I, but "The Hidden People" has me won over to the atmosphere well enough that I hope it does not change too much.
  • edited April 2010
    How Intriguing. :D
  • edited April 2010
    I think I sort of understand about 1% of the plot. Scoggins is an old factory possibly built on The Hidden People's home; so they decide to "erase" the factory for the many years it's been in business, only no one knows why all these strange things are happening so it's a mystery to that old building.

Lets see if I get it right by May. :p
  • edited April 2010
    I didn't like The Hidden People really. I liked the atmosphere but I was expecting it to have a funny punchline at the end but it was just a lame horror.

But the music, the art style, atmopshere and all were really good. I think it would make a fantastic game. As long as the game isn't cheap and relies on screamers and lame horror elements, I think a darker adventure game could be fantastic.

It looks like a flash game though. But íf it's a series that would be good. I'm thinking it's either a single episode or a 5 part series.

2D Adventure games FTW!
  • edited April 2010
    Oh, whoops, I didn't even notice the video link. I am even more intrigued now.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Wow... tantalising.

Side by side:

Attachment not found.

From the "Scoggins Erasers" page (vaguely creepy), "The Hidden People" video (hella creepy), and the children's TV program "David the Gnome" (not creepy in the slightest).
  • edited April 2010
    I'll love it to be a new telltale game.
  • edited April 2010
    It's going to have one hell of a beautiful art style if it does become a game, by the look of it anyway.
  • edited April 2010
    I wonder if it has something to do with this.
  • edited April 2010
    i'm pretty sure it will be a game, telltale doesn't want us to be dissapointed when the secret gets revealed. telltale loves us to much.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm curious as to how a game could be presented. The Telltale Tool is built for 3D, and I wonder how the 2D beauty of Graham's art could be adapted. Or maybe it would be Paper-Mario-esque?

Flash does look like a more likely possibility, but that would be a first for Telltale.
  • edited April 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    I'm curious as to how a game could be presented. The Telltale Tool is built for 3D, and I wonder how the 2D beauty of Graham's art could be adapted. Or maybe it would be Paper-Mario-esque?

Flash does look like a more likely possibility, but that would be a first for Telltale.

Well, they did the StrongBad game using some weird 3D effects that looks 2D. That could work for the Snoggins game. If it is a game.
  • It's a game. Or an animated mini-series. But probably a game.
  • edited April 2010
    Why did that video creep me out? I've been able to play through Silent Hill 3 without too many problems.
  • edited April 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    I didn't like The Hidden People really. I liked the atmosphere but I was expecting it to have a funny punchline at the end but it was just a lame horror.

But the music, the art style, atmopshere and all were really good. I think it would make a fantastic game. As long as the game isn't cheap and relies on screamers and lame horror elements, I think a darker adventure game could be fantastic.

It looks like a flash game though. But íf it's a series that would be good. I'm thinking it's either a single episode or a 5 part series.

2D Adventure games FTW!

The punchline at the end of the video, if one exists at all, was probably supposed to be the silly scream he makes in the oven. I cracked up at that anyway. You kind of had to grow up watching stuff like Courage the Cowardly Dog to get that sort of scary humor. In fact that's what it reminded me of: Courage the Cowardly Dog. Man a Courage adventure game would be great. Well anyway, I wonder if this will actually be one of the serious games Telltale has been talking about.
  • edited April 2010
    I have nothing to say about this but join the chorus of intrigued wondering. I love mysteries, and a deserted factory in the snowy Minnesotan countryside? What better place for an atmospheric, mythical mystery! I hope Telltale doesn't just announce something on May 4, but leaves us "clues" to find so we can start to unravel the mystery of just what the heck this property is going to be for ourselves :)
  • edited April 2010
    Joystiq posted a new interview with Dan Connors that contained this little nugget of info:
    We'll be releasing some products in the near future that would be much more small device friendly, and those, we certainly could find those on DS or iPhone.

Sounds like Scoggins would work nicely there.
  • edited April 2010
    That's an interesting peice of information, and it's just got my hopes up.
  • edited April 2010
    it would be interesting to see some portable exclusives for Sam and Max or Monkey Island 2D style on the Nintendo DS
  • edited April 2010
    Anything they make in 2D I'll get.
    If it's on the DS on top of that I might have to buy several copies.
  • edited April 2010
    I will buy you a copy if you buy me a copy :P
  • edited April 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Wow... tantalising.

Side by side:

Attachment not found.

From the "Scoggins Erasers" page (vaguely creepy), "The Hidden People" video (hella creepy), and the children's TV program "David the Gnome" (not creepy in the slightest).

Don't forget Roaming Gnome! (extremely creepy)

roaming+gnome.jpg
  • edited April 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Don't forget Roaming Gnome! (extremely creepy campy)

roaming+gnome.jpg

fix'd
Sign in to comment in this discussion.