'The Mystery of Scoggins'

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Haunted by gnomes?
    Wait.
    Mabye it's not a game. Mabye it's a book. Or dare I say, a MOVIE?

Let's face it... Telltale games is a game publisher. It stands to reason it is going to be a game.
  • edited April 2010
    I was thinking of a TTG grickle pillow with a built in mp3 device which episodically each day streams a grickle story so that you fall asleep with pleasure or can't get an eye closed due to pure madness, it depends on the daily story they'll broadcast.
  • edited April 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    Let's face it... Telltale games is a game publisher. It stands to reason it is going to be a game.

Yeah, like they never published anything except games.
  • edited April 2010
    Well, my opinions.

The art doesn't look "special" to me... then again, I am not familiar with the source, so I might be missing something.
    The vid, who someone mentioned had 'great music'. Well, I agree... if you replace 'great music' with 'annoying schreeching loud ear-bleeding sound'. Ugh. Fortunately, the stuff on the TTG site is a lot better.
    I do like mystery adventure games though...

So, first impression: Not enthusiastic in the slightest...
  • edited April 2010
    Grickle is great. More a minimalistic style, sometimes familiar and weird situations. I enjoiy the atmosphere as well as that i can laugh out loud in quite some of the strips. If i remember correctly he also worked on the Bone games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/grickle
  • edited April 2010
    We'll learn more on May 4th!!!! I can't wait
  • edited April 2010
    @ GinnyN

True, true.

I stand corrected.
  • edited April 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    As much as Surfin' the Highway makes me think that Telltale could make an EXCELLENT publisher that gave the big names a run for their money, I'm pretty sure Grickle has been published before.

I think it's an odd idea to think that this isn't a game of some sort.
  • edited April 2010
    As much as Surfin' the Highway makes me think that Telltale could make an EXCELLENT publisher that gave the big names a run for their money, I'm pretty sure Grickle has been published before.

I think it's an odd idea to think that this isn't a game of some sort.

I'm just saying they have published other stuff appart of games, that all.

I still put my money this is a game though.
  • edited April 2010
    Selling a reprint of a book in an online store isn't exactly 'publishing' it.
  • edited April 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Selling a reprint of a book in an online store isn't exactly 'publishing' it.

Ah... have you read who's the publisher of the reprint?
  • edited April 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    I didn't like The Hidden People really. I liked the atmosphere but I was expecting it to have a funny punchline at the end but it was just a lame horror.

But the music, the art style, atmopshere and all were really good. I think it would make a fantastic game. As long as the game isn't cheap and relies on screamers and lame horror elements, I think a darker adventure game could be fantastic.

It looks like a flash game though. But íf it's a series that would be good. I'm thinking it's either a single episode or a 5 part series.

2D Adventure games FTW!
    I wouldn't say it was lame, and it was certainly not an horror.
    The "funny" was the dog.

But still, what I can say is that it creeped me out alright :p I'm not watching it again.:eek:

I'm curious: I didn't know the artist before reading his comic here on TTG.com (it's a clever comic, I'd say) but now I dig his style and I really really want a 2d game from TTG.
    Imagine the comparisons with Machinarium :D
  • edited April 2010
    Is it May 4th yet? No, huh? Shoot.

It's amazing how many questions I already have about this game. Why are there Scandinavian nature spirits in Minnesota? Why was an eraser factory built in the middle of nowhere without even a river nearby? Why are some of those trees chopped down? Who is the guy in the tie walking around? Why did he ride out on a snowmobile (I'm assuming it is his) ? Wouldn't there have been a road leading to the factory? Why is the factory locked up so tight?
  • edited April 2010
  • edited April 2010
    Some guy at Destructoid got one too.

That's a pretty big hint that it will be an iPod/iPhone/iPad game, at least. The "touch me" quote on the front page makes a bit more sense now, too.
  • edited April 2010
    Dash it, now I wish I entered that contest for a free ipad touch after all :( (Also, I actually used pink pearls all the time until I switched over to faber-castell erasers a few years ago, thankyouverymuch, ign-dude!) So is the tie-guy an FBI agent do you think?
  • edited April 2010
    Well that's not fair...

So is Scoggins an original IP or what? It seems everybody seems to think it is, but there's evidence to the contrary as well...I'd REALLY like to play a game with this atmosphere, though!
  • edited April 2010
    It's original in the sense that Graham Annable has apparently made just one short flash animation and a few prints using the Hidden Folk and "Scoggins" doesn't appear anywhere but on the Telltale page. This is not some established series that Telltale is adapting into a game, but apparently a game whose story Telltale and Annable are building from the pixels up.
  • edited April 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    It's original in the sense that Graham Annable has apparently made just one short flash animation and a few prints using the Hidden Folk and "Scoggins" doesn't appear anywhere but on the Telltale page. This is not some established series that Telltale is adapting into a game, but apparently a game whose story Telltale and Annable are building from the pixels up.

im supporting this.
  • edited April 2010
    oh yes, joysiq got a box as well. it has pictures in it.
  • edited April 2010
    Ah. That's good enough I suppose.
  • edited April 2010
    Workroom 2?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    I haven't received my box yet. It's probably in the mail, right guys?

... right? :(
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Workroom 2?

It begs the question, what's going on in Workroom 1?
  • edited April 2010
    Oooohh! These mysterious boxes are just adding to the suspense! I can't wait for the 4th!
  • edited April 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    It begs the question, what's going on in Workroom 1?

Probably the Hidden People are there already. And nobody on Telltale can enter because is already haunted.
  • edited April 2010
    So looking forward to it!
    Btw... where did my iPod go?
  • edited April 2010
    Katsuro wrote: »
    So looking forward to it!
    Btw... where did my iPod go?

Maybe it fell out of your iPants.
  • edited April 2010
    heh, 3 places got boxes so far... good thing you guys are rolling out the devils playhouse, otherwise, how would you afford iPods with like 3 things on them?
  • edited April 2010
    Maybe it fell out of your iPants.

iLaughed :D
  • edited April 2010
    Katsuro wrote: »
    iLol'd :D

went ahead and fixed that for you.
  • edited April 2010
    went ahead and fixed that for you.

Thank you sir, but iNever lol sir :(
  • edited April 2010
    ok then.

...so how about them scoggins? iLaughed at the "DO NOT SELL TO GIZMODO" sign on the iTouch.
    tell who came up with that that they rule.
  • edited April 2010
    ive got an ipod but its chunky and white and i dont think it will run :(
    Please release it on PC Telltale, i'm looking forward to this so much!
  • edited April 2010
    So it looks like Scoggins' is an iPad game. No fair.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm pretty darn sure it'll be released through their store as well.
  • edited April 2010
    For the PC and iPad? That'll be fine; but if it's iPad only, I'll explode.
  • edited April 2010
    They can only sell a PC (and Mac now, too, actually) version through their store. The only place you can buy games for the ipad is the apple store. I'm about 97% sure Telltale will never release an "exclusive" game for any system since getting their games out onto every platform out there is their ultimate goal, as iterated in multiple interviews and con appearances.
  • edited April 2010
    I don't care if this is simply a flash game I WANT TO PLAY IT.

I...hope it's actually a game.

EDIT: Also, I'm calling this now before anybody else:
    Scoggins Erasers is people!
  • edited April 2010
    Machinarium proved there can be great flash adventure games, this has a similar feel to it-I could see Scoggins using the thought bubble system if there's going to be no dialogue
  • edited April 2010
    Is it just me, or did Telltale copy an EA marketing stunt here? :D

np: RJD2 - Giant Squid (The Colossus)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.