Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited June 2010
    thin029 wrote: »
    Adding WMV files to the DVD is pretty lazy

lazy is one word Id never describe TTG as! unless its opposit day which your post then makes sense.
  • edited June 2010
    lazy is one word Id never describe TTG as! unless its opposit day which your post then makes sense.

that's funny because, (no offense intended, take it lightly) I'd describe your spelling/typing skills as lazy!

In all seriousness, though, Telltale is a company that truly goes out of its way for its customers!
  • edited June 2010
    that's funny because, (no offense intended, take it lightly) I'd describe your spelling/typing skills as lazy!

In all seriousness, though, Telltale is a company that truly goes out of its way for its customers!

I never said I wasnt lazy
  • edited June 2010
    For the record, I'm an extremely lazy person, too. Not the opposite-day, telltale kind of "lazy", the real kind.
    So I'm pretty much sure never to get offended if you call me that, because... Yeah, what else is new?
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    For the record, I'm an extremely lazy person, too. Not the opposite-day, telltale kind of "lazy", the real kind.
    So I'm pretty much sure never to get offended if you call me that, because... Yeah, what else is new?

Lazy.
  • edited June 2010

Geez, avistew, why are you so lazy? Because of your laziness, you're putting potatoes out of a job! Do you really want to be the cause of Global Potato Homelessness (GPH)? DO YOU?
  • edited June 2010
    Geez, avistew, why are you so lazy? Because of your laziness, you're putting potatoes out of a job! Do you really want to be the cause of Global Potato Homelessness (GPH)? DO YOU?

They're free to make their home in my stomach! I'm also gluttonous. And lecherous. Three out of seven, baby!
  • edited June 2010
    They're free to make their home in my stomach! I'm also gluttonous. And lecherous. Three out of seven, baby!

I call lust as mine.
  • edited June 2010

how is lecherous one ?
    The list is:
    envy
    pride
    greed
    sloth
    glutton
    lust
    wrath
  • edited June 2010
    Sinful discussion aside, now that the DVDs are shipping and for some have been received, this thread isn't really necessary anymore, is it? Or should we wait until the first people get their Deluxe Editions before we let it go?

EDIT: isn't lecherous the adjective that goes with the noun "lust"?
  • edited June 2010
    oooh I want wrath 2 that sounds cool.
  • edited June 2010
    EDIT: isn't lecherous the adjective that goes with the noun "lust"?

Well, technically it goes with the noun "lechery," but, yeah, it means basically the same thing.
  • edited June 2010
    oooh I want wrath 2 that sounds cool.

look at them here

http://www.telltalegames.com/videos/whatsnewbeelzebubtrailer
  • edited June 2010
    Nope. Not that one. And my mistake, it's actually in Austria not Germany.
    Well, they do have a town named "Petting" in Bavaria... :p

(I wonder if they have a zoo?)
    chocolate!
    Gah! Don't remind me of the awful chocolate-y Aphex Twin coin Warp Records sent along with preorders for "26 Mixes for Cash"... *shudder*

(No, I didn't eat it, but what's the point in keeping a chocolate coin past expiration? It's a health hazard waiting to happen... :()

np: How To Destroy Angels - Fur Lined (Hi-Def EP)
  • edited June 2010
    Well, technically it goes with the noun "lechery," but, yeah, it means basically the same thing.

Thanks! You've been very helpful lately.
    I actually knew the word "lechery", although I kinda forgot because you don't get to use it often, but I thought the adjective filled the "lust" slot too, if I'm making sense. Like, that there were 2 nouns for just one adjective.
    I checked though and the adjective seems to be "lustful". Uh. Seems to me "lecherous" is used more, although I guess I could be wrong.
  • edited June 2010
    Tomorrow is summer, I think... it's hard to tell what with the rain -_-
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks! You've been very helpful lately.
    I actually knew the word "lechery", although I kinda forgot because you don't get to use it often, but I thought the adjective filled the "lust" slot too, if I'm making sense. Like, that there were 2 nouns for just one adjective.
    I checked though and the adjective seems to be "lustful". Uh. Seems to me "lecherous" is used more, although I guess I could be wrong.

let's just all stick to what telltale says.
  • edited June 2010
    Or should we wait until the first people get their Deluxe Editions before we let it go?

oooh the deluxe edition is never arriving! woe! woe is me! Telltale eats babies!

also i've got like 5 or 6 sins covered! that's good, right?
  • edited June 2010
    I don't know about this Thin guy...he must be one hard workin' fellow to think that not including in-game commentary is laziness.
  • edited June 2010
    I just wanted to say a big Thank you! to Telltale for including the folder chock full of never-before-seen concept art on the TMI DVD. I love getting to see all the neat behind-the-scenes drawings which get made during the process of putting a game together.

Ryan Jones (and whoever else is working in the art department) is really, really awesome. Kudos to the TTG guys for showing off the wonderful images Ryan and others have made for TMI!

It's the little gestures like this, the extra goodies that cater to long-time MI fans like me, that show how cool/awesome/exciting Telltale really is, and it's why I love them as a company so very much (no matter how badly I may show it!).
  • edited June 2010
    I put an order of:

Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition Package
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition
    Tales of Monkey Island Drinking Vessel
    Tales of Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set
    Tales of Monkey Island Standard DVD

And still nothing... :( still says it's backordered
  • edited June 2010
    The delux isn't shipping yet.
  • edited June 2010
    Why did you buy an additional standard DVD?
  • edited June 2010
    thin029 wrote: »
    Why did you buy an additional standard DVD?

He probably bought it with mi:se because it is free when bought with puzzle agent.
  • edited June 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    He probably bought it with mi:se because it is free when bought with puzzle agent.

It was? Gosh, I'd love to have gotten one to give as a gift!
  • edited June 2010
    Just received my copy! Yay!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    ATMachine wrote: »
    Ryan Jones (and whoever else is working in the art department) is really, really awesome. Kudos to the TTG guys for showing off the wonderful images Ryan and others have made for TMI!

For the record, probably 90% of the concept art is Ryan Jones, with the rest being either Derek Sakai or (I think) Dave Bogan.
  • edited June 2010
    I think TTG is lazy.... they should come to my house and talk to me as I play the game...

Ok I do not really think they are lazy.
  • edited June 2010

The Puzzle Agent promotion specifically didn't work with the Monkey Island deal.
  • edited June 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I think TTG is lazy.... they should come to my house and talk to me as I play the game...

Ok I do not really think they are lazy.

so they do come round peoples houses?
  • edited June 2010
    so they do come round peoples houses?

Well, they come round my place all the time, but I get too busy to play the games then...
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah you're all like "help yourself to some snacks and a soda I have laundry to do."

But you only do this to throw Yare of your stalker game
  • edited June 2010
    Will wrote: »
    For the record, probably 90% of the concept art is Ryan Jones, with the rest being either Derek Sakai or (I think) Dave Bogan.
    Ah. I could tell that some of the art had been done by somebody other than Ryan, but I didn't know the other artists' names. :p ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Yeah you're all like "help yourself to some snacks and a soda I have laundry to do."

hehe...

Stop encouraging me!
  • edited June 2010
    ATMachine wrote: »
    I just wanted to say a big Thank you! to Telltale for including the folder chock full of never-before-seen concept art on the TMI DVD. I love getting to see all the neat behind-the-scenes drawings which get made during the process of putting a game together.

It's the little gestures like this, the extra goodies that cater to long-time MI fans like me, that show how cool/awesome/exciting Telltale really is, and it's why I love them as a company so very much (no matter how badly I may show it!).

I didn't know concept art was included, I love that sort of thing!

As if I wasn't looking forward to it enough!
  • edited June 2010
    At most 4 3 2 more days 8 hours and 20 minutes more for them (technically) to start shipping (Deluxe Edition) by the end of Spring.
  • edited June 2010
    The Puzzle Agent promotion specifically didn't work with the Monkey Island deal.

There is a slightly complex method witch means you get it free.
  • edited June 2010
    There is a slightly complex method witch means you get it free.

Considering he doesn't have Puzzle Agent in there, only the MI DVD, I'm going to say it's just the bug that allowed you to add as many versions of the MI DVD as you wanted for free (or for just 15 bucks if Deluxe).
  • edited June 2010
    Considering he doesn't have Puzzle Agent in there, only the MI DVD, I'm going to say it's just the bug that allowed you to add as many versions of the MI DVD as you wanted for free (or for just 15 bucks if Deluxe).

Its they way they dealt with the "you bought the games so dvd is free" aspect of buying the deluxe edition.

On the my games page my order says:
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition
    Tales of Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set
    Sam & Max Season Two Collector's DVD

(I'm so behind getting s&m 2 disc but sssh shipping costy lol)

Invoice page says:
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition Package $0.00
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition $14.95
    Tales of Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set $19.95
    Sam & Max Season Two Collector's DVD $0.00

Notice the store front price of deluxe edition is $49.95 not $14.95
    The system clearly puts the deluxe package through at $0 for your free dvd
    But then puts a "fake" item just called deluxe edition through at $14.95 that makes up the cost of the extras included with the dvd.
  • edited June 2010
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    The system clearly puts the deluxe package through at $0 for your free dvd
    But then puts a "fake" item just called deluxe edition through at $14.95 that makes up the cost of the extras included with the dvd.

Yes, but ElWaster also ordered the regular DVD in the same order. While it might be a mistake (thinking the deluxe edition only included the extras, like the S&M case files before, and that he had to get the standard version as well) the reason it's possible is a bug (I can only assume it's not supposed to work that way!) that lets you add as many DVDs as you want without paying for them.
    Even after ordering a DVD in March, I was able to place a new order in the end of May without paying for it, even before my first order was cancelled at my demand.

I really really hope they're not sending free DVDs to the smartasses who ordered 5 of them or something. But hey, we informed them many times so there is no way they don't know by now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.