Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Hi this is Jake from Telltale, dropping a note into the top of this post.

I know we usually don't edit posts like this, but I wanted to let anyone reading this thread know that the discs and much of the merchandise is shipping out now! You can read about the details, and see pictures from the manufacturing press check, and more, in this Telltale blog post.

Now back to the original post by Squarehard...

It's been about two months since I put in my order for the standard DVD, and it has yet to arrive, or even ship.

And now when I go to check the status, the item is backordered.

I don't like to complain about stuff like this often, but this is starting to get ridiculous.

Why even offer to sell the DVDs if they're never going to ship out anyways, and paying for the shipping ahead of time just to have nothing to show for it months after.

I won't make too big of a deal about this unless it takes another two months, at which time, I'm sure there is going to be a much bigger deal made about it, not just from me.

Love the game, not so happy with the company right now.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    They stated upfront it was a pre-order, meaning you pay now but you get the product later.

Also, they've confirmed the items will ship late May.

EDIT: Also, please use the forum search next time. There are plenty of topics about the same subject already.
  • edited May 2010
    Relevant:
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Why do people not understand that "pre-order" does not mean "You will have it tomorrow"?
  • edited May 2010
    People just cant seem to wrap their head around the term "pre-order"

Pre`or´der
    v. t. 1. To order to arrange beforehand; to foreordain.

For someone who "doesn't want to complain" or "doesn't want to make a big deal" sure did resort to some theatrics by claiming "its NEVER ARRIVING"

and
    Squarehard wrote: »
    Why even offer to sell the DVDs if they're never going to ship out anyways, .

I suggest from now on you actually READ when you are paying for something... Or at least READ your Emails the page you ordered from or the other threads about this topic...
  • edited May 2010
    I think the "why hasn't the DVD shipped yet?" threads are replacing the "why can't I order the DVD yet?" threads.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I think the "why hasn't the DVD shipped yet?" threads are replacing the "why can't I order the DVD yet?" threads.

Haha, yeah. These threads almost become like spam after a while.
  • edited May 2010
    I want it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! *crys*
  • edited May 2010
    I want it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! *cries*

Sorry, but now it's fixed.
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Sorry, but now it's fixed.

I was hysterical when I posted it.
  • edited May 2010
    I was hysterical when I posted it.

Great, now I have to extend my signature to include this.
  • edited May 2010
    I thought only females could be hysterical. And that it was a sexist thing to say. Kind of like the "she's having her periods" thing that dismisses a female's anger as being something hormonal rather than having a legitimate reason. Does it have different connotations in English?
  • edited May 2010
    I thought only females could be hysterical. And that it was a sexist thing to say. Kind of like the "she's having her periods" thing that dismisses a female's anger as being something hormonal rather than having a legitimate reason. Does it have different connotations in English?

you can get man periods now apparntly. Not in the litral sense XD.
  • edited May 2010
    Well, that doesn't make it any better if it's used with males too :p Maybe more equal, but I'd rather have it be equal the other way around.
    It's just so annoying, basically being told "you're not upset because you have a good reason, but because of your hormones". So dismissive.

Anyway, that's the way expressions go I guess, even when it stops making sense, like saying a woman has balls or something.
  • edited May 2010
    hys·ter·ic (h-strk)
    n.
    1. A person suffering from hysteria.
    2. hysterics (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
    a. A fit of uncontrollable laughing or crying.
    b. An attack of hysteria.

Doesn't nessicarilly have to do with women, but back in the day, doctors thought the cure for it was giving them a "water massage" until they achieved "hysterical paroxysm"?
  • edited May 2010
    Hyster- = uterus.

I think "hysterical paroxism" might have been a way to say orgasm?
  • edited May 2010
    yeah. back in the day, no one thought women had orgasms, so they didn't put two and two together.
  • edited May 2010
    hystera = womb (in Greek)

It's a carry over from the Greek, Latin and French, meaning womb. However, to English speakers, the connection is never really made, because it is a word the English language adopted from the French.

French hystér-, Latin hyster-, Greek, hystera
  • edited May 2010
    thread-derail-1953.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    Search is your friend:
    joeldee wrote: »
    Hi all

Just talking to the main people working on this, the DVD is still on track to begin shipping from our warehouse in May.

It may not begin shipping out until the latter part of the month. And depending on where you live, what kind of shipping you specified, which items you have in your order, etc ... arrival times for different orders will vary.

- Joel, Telltale
  • edited May 2010
    Hysterics was definitely something that used to apply only to women in English, but that's kind of an "old english" sort of thing, something for the history books and etymology nerds. I doubt too many native english speakers today equate the word with women exclusively, unless they also happen to be quite sexist! By now, the word has been widely used enough to have it's meaning changed to encompass any kind of unreasonable negative emotional reaction(or, in some cases, uncontrollable laughter; as noted above).

Anyway, I can see why some people are upset, and I can sort of understand it. We can't really say that the ship date of the disk hasn't slipped at least a month in terms of the dates we've been given. But I don't really see it as a problem, and I don't think too many reasonable people think of it as much of a problem either. It's coming, it's going to be excellent, and I really, really don't want this kind of feedback to lead to rushed products like Wallace and Gromit got. Sure there's a point to be upset that you paid money and you haven't gotten anything yet, but I don't think we've passed it.
  • edited May 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    thread-derail-1953.jpg

that's hysterical
  • edited May 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    that's hysterical

Agreed :D. Right-clicked and Saved As.
  • edited May 2010
    Hi all

Just talking to the main people working on this, the DVD is still on track to begin shipping from our warehouse in May.

It may not begin shipping out until the latter part of the month. And depending on where you live, what kind of shipping you specified, which items you have in your order, etc ... arrival times for different orders will vary.

- Joel, Telltale

I don't care anymore about when the package arrives once I know it's shipped. Plus, living in Australia, I don't have to deal with this kind of behaviour:
    online_package_tracking.png

But I do end up checking the mail, front door and asking my parents if anything came for me, even one day after it's shipped.
  • edited May 2010
    If everyone is so sick of threads like these, then why do you take the time to respond to them? I guess I'm guilty of that now as well, but we should just not respond to threads like these and just let it die. If people do respond, it usually leads to unwarrented insults at the person who posted the thread and just random spam.
  • edited May 2010
    If everyone is so sick of threads like these, then why do you take the time to respond to them? I guess I'm guilty of that now as well, but we should just not respond to threads like these and just let it die. If people do respond, it usually leads to unwarrented insults at the person who posted the thread and just random spam.

But then we wouldnt have a cool desscusion about periods sexism and train crash.
  • edited May 2010
    Plus, we're bored.
  • edited May 2010
    Yes, extremely bored.
  • edited May 2010
    Indeed, quite bored.
  • edited May 2010
    im20bored.jpg

missread
  • edited May 2010
    Threads like this wouldn't be necessary if Telltale actually bothered to email us the release dates. I was wondering where this was too. Glad somebody asked, cuz now I know.
  • edited May 2010
    Threads like this wouldn't be necessary if Telltale actually bothered to email us the release dates. I was wondering where this was too. Glad somebody asked, cuz now I know.

they don't know them selfs yet they said when they know we will know
  • edited May 2010
    I was emailed about this. Three days ago.

iW6W9.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    I can't even imagine how anyone could think telltale doesn't care about their audiences. It just seems so... unimaginable.
  • edited May 2010
    Well i cant' find the appropiate thread to say this but im so excited to get the DVD cuzz i preordered today!!

I am definetly keeping it safe and clean, and will replay all SOMI:SE to TOMI! Which is cool!
  • edited May 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    I can't even imagine how anyone could think telltale doesn't care about their audiences. It just seems so... unimaginable.

kijinnmaru-inconceivable.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    Arienaitsuno!
  • edited May 2010
    I agree with original poster that having paid upfront for DVD - e.g. $50 - to be despatched in APRIL, we should have apt communication. Most of us paid to play it/did so last year.
  • edited May 2010
    I agree with original poster that having paid upfront for DVD - e.g. $50 - to be despatched in APRIL, we should have apt communication. Most of us paid to play it/did so last year.

No, you paid upfront for the DVD to be dispatched in SPRING, POSSIBLY APRIL. Spring doesn't end until June 22nd.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, I kind of wonder where people get the "TTG said April" from, since they never did anywhere AFAIK.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, I kind of wonder where people get the "TTG said April" from, since they never did anywhere AFAIK.

Nikasaur did mention April once, but she said that was the estimated date:
    nikasaur wrote: »
    It will be shipped in Springtime, estimated in April, AND you get the games for download right away! Then you can play the games while you wait for the DVD and all the extras to arrive.
  • edited May 2010
    Also, she only posted that after we'd already been speculating April for five days. And at that point, several of us had already figured out that nobody could remember where they had read "April".
Sign in to comment in this discussion.